Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Calvin
It’d be a shock if she did not make top 4, but awesome!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Calvin
It’d be a shock if she did not make top 4, but awesome!
I bet she paid orders of magnitude more per vote... telling and scary.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Unbelievable. Over 11,200 people voted for Begich but failed to indicate a second choice. That is why Peltola won.

You may not be crazy about Palin but it is downright stupid to put a Biden-loving Dimocrat like Peltola in Congress over Palin.

Let's hope people learned their lesson, or figure it out before November.

Last edited by RimfireArtist; 09/07/22.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RimfireArtist
Unbelievable. Over 11,200 people voted for Begich but failed to indicate a second choice. That is why Peltola won.

You may not be crazy about Palin but it is downright stupid to put a Biden-loving Dimocrat like Peltola in Congress over Palin.

It doesn’t help yo girl Palin telling everyone just vote for her. I said this another post what you think that tells Begich voters?? Well you see it 11k didn’t rank anyone else. Yo girl Palin better un ph uck herself real quick and start appealing to the Begich voters to rank her 2. She also needs to stop running her mouth telling people to just vote for her and to rank the red. But I have come to the conclusion that Palin is just too damn dumb to realize that…

Last edited by 79S; 09/07/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

It doesn’t help yo girl Palin telling everyone just vote for her. I said this another post what you think that tells Begich voters?? Well you see it 11k didn’t rank anyone else. Yo girl Palin better un ph uck herself real quick and start appealing to the Begich voters to rank her 2. She also needs to stop running her mouth telling people to just vote for her and to rank the red. But I have come to the conclusion that Palin is just too damn dumb to realize that…

J, wouldn't it be better to just have 1 republican on the ballot? Seems like if they used their damn heads to get more votes, so the dems wouldn't get in, would be a better game plan...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S

J, wouldn't it be better to just have 1 republican on the ballot? Seems like if they used their damn heads to get more votes, so the dems wouldn't get in, would be a better game plan...

It would be better, but the time to withdraw has already passed. I predict we are stuck with a Dem for years to come unless RCV is overturned. At this point, both Palin and Begich are too stubborn for one of them to bow out gracefully for the good of AK.

Last edited by Hudge; 09/07/22.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Yes it would but under our new system thanks to Scott Kendal (democrat turd) we have RCV (rank choice voting) which creates a jungle primary so every swinging turd pays $50 buck to get in on the primary ballot. We had a guy that goes by Santa Clause on the ballot. Anyhow after the the election the top 4 vote getters head into the general election. For this special election it was a perfect storm initially we had 2 democrats and 2 republicans for the special election. But the democrats conveniently found some dirt on the 1 democrat Dr. Al Gross and he dropped out of the race and disappeared. This special election we had was just to finish out the last few months of Don Young term. The General election in November is for the full 2 year term. As Hudge said neither Palin or Begich will not drop out. Meanwhile ol Gal from Bethel, taking a page out of Joe Biden campaign. Disappeared and did very little. Meanwhile Palin and Begich are out destroying each other. Those 2 need to get on the same sheet of paper and start targeting Peltola and tie everything the Biden administration is doing to her. She made a comment this summer pretty much ANWR is lost people in Alaska were like WHAT??? Ol Mary Peltola disappeared for a few weeks. All they are doing is running folksy ads for her now making it sound like she's just a grandma from Bethel that only cares about Alaska interest. Uh ok..

Last edited by 79S; 09/07/22.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Hudge
Originally Posted by 79S

It would be better, but the time to withdraw has already passed. I predict we are stuck with a Dem for years to come unless RCV is overturned. At this point, both Palin and Begich are too stubborn for one of them to bow out gracefully for the good of AK.

That sucks guys. Sorry to hear that..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hudge
Originally Posted by 79S

That sucks guys. Sorry to hear that..

Alaska is more purple than a lot people care to admit. Get rid of Anchorage and Juneau and it’s strong red, well some villages as well are heavy Dem.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
We cannot do anything about RCV right now so there is no need to whine about it. What we can do is convince dumb people to quit getting played by it.

Sixty percent voted for either Palin or Begich. All we needed to do was for everyone who voted for either to pick the other one as their second choice and Peltola would have lost.

How hard is that?

IC B3

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Well, why didn't he drop out? He is clearly not going to improve his distant-third-place standing the next go 'round, so why play "Ross Perot," split the R vote and push a Biden-loving Dimocrat into Congress?

If he really cared about Alaska he would have dropped out. Had he done that, I would have been far more likely to support him in the future. As it is he appears to be just another self-absorbed "hurray for me and screw everybody else" politician willing to see the state get hurt to further his own low-probability chance of success.

But as I said, he would not be splitting the vote if only his supporters were not so selfish and stupid. Begich got just under 54,000 votes, and almost exactly half put Palin down as their second choice.

The other 27,000 were either "exhausted" because there was no second choice made, or they put Peltola down as their second choice.

For so-called conservatives to think we are better off with Peltola than Palin is just mind-blowing. I don't know how a sane person reaches such a conclusion.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
There have been projections (fwiw) that show Palin head to head losing, but Begich head to head winning.

But marking them 1 and 2 should be caveman easy. As well as not voting for a D at all.

Typical R purity test.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, why didn't he drop out? He is clearly not going to improve his distant-third-place standing the next go 'round, so why play "Ross Perot," split the R vote and push a Biden-loving Dimocrat into Congress?

If he really cared about Alaska he would have dropped out. Had he done that, I would have been far more likely to support him in the future. As it is he appears to be just another self-absorbed "hurray for me and screw everybody else" politician willing to see the state get hurt to further his own low-probability chance of success.

But as I said, he would not be splitting the vote if only his supporters were not so selfish and stupid. Begich got just under 54,000 votes, and almost exactly half put Palin down as their second choice.

The other 27,000 were either "exhausted" because there was no second choice made, or they put Peltola down as their second choice.

For so-called conservatives to think we are better off with Peltola than Palin is just mind-blowing. I don't know how a sane person reaches such a conclusion.

Yeah meanwhile yo girl running her mouth disenfranchising begich voters. Good job Sarah, she is hot trash.. it pained me to rank her 2 but I did what was supposed to do. But to those 27k voters she is a idiot their is no convincing them otherwise. She needs to somehow appeal to those voters. But again my pillow is smarter than her..

Last edited by 79S; 09/08/22.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
There have been projections (fwiw) that show Palin head to head losing, but Begich head to head winning.

But marking them 1 and 2 should be caveman easy. As well as not voting for a D at all.

Typical R purity test.

This go around ph uck sarah Palin and the snow machine she road in on. I’m taking her advice I’m only voting for begich..

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She is damn dumb she doesn’t realize she needs all of begich voters to rank her 2. But nope she’s running around howling at the moon calling him names. Again she is ph ucking dumb.. She runs around saying doncha you know just vote for me, oh golly gees you betcha..

Last edited by 79S; 09/08/22.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I’ll still give her the deuce. Still beats a democrat.

Plus, if we get rid of the jungle primary and RCV, someone will primary her into retirement in just 2 years.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 68 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,087
Posts18,482,855
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.