S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deflave
A new bicycle.

LOL

The funny part is, it's not new any more. I already wore out the back tire and had to replace it.

This thread will probably outlast the bike.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
What I meant to say is if thousands of Far Right Extremists were acting up in thousands of incidents all Across America every year as is true of bicycles on the roadway no one would consider those alarmed by this to be frightened and uneducated.

Well, there you have it. I'm convinced.

LOL.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by smokepole
A new bicycle.

LOL

The funny part is, it's not new any more. I already wore out the back tire and had to replace it.

Man that is AWESOME!

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Okanagan
A recent annoying bicycle anecdote to contribute:

Wife and I were in Olympic National Park last week, driving down the mountain from Hurricane Ridge to Port Angeles. The speed limit is 35 mph on a curvy downhill two lane road, park speed on a road that could handle faster. Medium heavy traffic and a fair number of bicyclers, co-existing just fine, courteous and passing safely.

Then we caught up with a line of vehicles following behind one bicycle that stayed in the center of the right lane or out toward the center line of the two lane highway. The young man on the bike seemed oblivious to the number of cars piling up behind him and hogged the lane for nearly four miles before he pulled off into a viewpoint. He had plenty of wide shoulder sections to ride that would allow plenty of room for cars to safely pass him, with no need for him to slow down. He was averaging 25 mph, a few times slower and a few times briefly got up to 35.

Simple. Courtesy.

I never let cars stack up behind me. As soon as I can safely get out of the way, I do.

Another annoying anecdote. I rode my bicycle up and over Independence Pass from East to West into Aspen. On the way down, I was passing cars when I could, being held up at times by slower moving cars. None moved over.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
A new bicycle.

LOL

Man that is AWESOME!

LOL

Yeah, it is. You should see the looks on pedestrian's faces when I come skidding to a stop within inches.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think it’s old news that you view motorists who have problems with bicycles as being cognitively challenged. This is what you have always said.

Most of 'em yep. When someone whines about having to lift off the gas or apply pressure to one side of the steering wheel to go around, they are emotionally challenged. The guys acount of being held up for 4 miles is legit. Cyclist was a dick. Even with that, the dick only cost them about 2 1/2 minutes. Meh, I get delayed that much by other motorists on an afternoon commute on a regular basis.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 09/07/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The first question was if pedestrians who use shared bicycle/pedestrian paths could vote on a rule requiring cyclists to slow way down or even stop before passing them, would they vote in favor of that rule?

I am sure some would. I slow to pass with minimal speed disparity anyway, so it wouldn't matter to me. It's that Golden Rule thing.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
The guys acound of being held up for 4 miles is legit. Cyclist was a dick.

You see people like that everywhere, has more to do with being a dick than riding a bike. Probably does the same thing when he's driving a car.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We have about 5 miles of trail on our place, some of it pretty steep and rocky/rutted. Hope to add a few more miles over the next year.

Normally get around with the Land Cruiser or walking, but wanted something faster than walking that didn't have a fuel tank or a battery.

So yesterday we bought a couple bikes suited for 65 year olds who don't plan to go airborne, but need some good gearing. Not to mention an outfit that can take some abuse.

As the OP said, we found it fun to ride again, after about 40 years of not setting on a bike.

Butt sure needs to get used to that saddle!!

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tarbe
We have about 5 miles of trail on our place, some of it pretty steep and rocky/rutted. Hope to add a few more miles over the next year.

Normally get around with the Land Cruiser or walking, but wanted something faster than walking that didn't have a fuel tank or a battery.

So yesterday we bought a couple bikes suited for 65 year olds who don't plan to go airborne, but need some good gearing. Not to mention an outfit that can take some abuse.

As the OP said, we found it fun to ride again, after about 40 years of not setting on a bike.

Butt sure needs to get used to that saddle!!

Yep, butts take some conditioning. Wrists and feet can as well.

I think you'll enjoy it. My preference is to get away from it all, but not many opportunities here.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yep, butts take some conditioning. Wrists and feet can as well.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Okanagan
A recent annoying bicycle anecdote to contribute:

Wife and I were in Olympic National Park last week, driving down the mountain from Hurricane Ridge to Port Angeles. The speed limit is 35 mph on a curvy downhill two lane road, park speed on a road that could handle faster. Medium heavy traffic and a fair number of bicyclers, co-existing just fine, courteous and passing safely.

Then we caught up with a line of vehicles following behind one bicycle that stayed in the center of the right lane or out toward the center line of the two lane highway. The young man on the bike seemed oblivious to the number of cars piling up behind him and hogged the lane for nearly four miles before he pulled off into a viewpoint. He had plenty of wide shoulder sections to ride that would allow plenty of room for cars to safely pass him, with no need for him to slow down. He was averaging 25 mph, a few times slower and a few times briefly got up to 35.

Simple. Courtesy.

I never let cars stack up behind me. As soon as I can safely get out of the way, I do.

Another annoying anecdote. I rode my bicycle up and over Independence Pass from East to West into Aspen. On the way down, I was passing cars when I could, being held up at times by slower moving cars. None moved over.

Thanks, Paul. May you survive to be an example to others.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This morning's ride took me down the Mississippi River Levee path, through refineries, out to the Bonnet Carre Spillway and back. My first 50 miler in a while.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
This morning's ride took me down the Mississippi River Levee path, through refineries, out to the Bonnet Carre Spillway and back. My first 50 miler in a while.

Is there good money in being that gay?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Or is it more of a freebie kinda thing?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Is there good money in being that gay?

Careful, it ain’t IF you catch the monkey pox, but when.....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
A
AML Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Thanks for the ride pics. There used to be some great ones on roadbikereview but they seem to be have dried up in recent years. I miss seeing them.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Riding a bicycle isn't my deal. I ride a Harley, years back jap bikes weren't cool. My exercise is lifting weights and hitting the heavy bag. One of my Tae Kwon Do training partners rode a bike 25 miles one way was nothing for him.
Paul I do admire the fact that you have a healthy passion, good for you. Now days I don't care what you ride just have fun.
I also noticed you have a keen sense of humor. Have fun be safe. Watch out for the old guys that sit and do nothing they have slow reflexes.

Last edited by dakota300rum; 09/10/22. Reason: Miss spelled
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dakota300rum
Riding a bicycle isn't my deal. I ride a Harley, years back jap bikes weren't cool. My exercise is lifting weights and hitting the heavy bag. One of my Tae Kwon Do training partners rode a bike 25 miles one way was nothing for him.
Paul I do admire the fact that you have a healthy passion, good for you. Now days I don't care what you ride just have fun.
I also noticed you have a keen sense of humor. Have fun be safe. Watch out for the old guys that sit and do nothing they have slow reflexes.

I hope my last breath of life is a laugh! Riding locally isn't my preference. I do it because I need some kind of exercise and I do enjoy it some. Getting away from it all on a bike is my thing.

Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,247 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,767
Posts18,495,660
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.