Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I don't know why guys here just keep doing that schit. Over and over and over. Buying cheapass schit and expecting it to perform and have an acceptable life cycle. Then they come on here and ask how they can "fix" it. It boggles my mind.

Originally Posted by TWR
Because folks come on here and say my brand X has been 100%, there's no need to spend real money...

They get through a mag or two and it's the best (and only) AR they've ever had.

Originally Posted by splattermatic
17 rounds so far........and no malfunctions.

I'd recommend an upper from BCA.

Good grief.

Everybody remember this the next time you read an endorsement for BCA.

Well, since I'm still waiting on back surgery, I've had plenty of time to burn into my ammo stash, I'm happy to report my BCA 16" upper has 765 rounds through it. I do keep it clean, and well lubed. 55gr Fmj's are still shooting 2 to 3 inch groups, and 60gr V Max's are still well under sub moa.
My 7.5" pistol is rocking on at 578 rounds by current count, and busting clay pigeons at 50 yards, and doing real well at 100 yards, using iron sights.
Some days my eye just isn't into it at 100, but I'd definitely hit a silo.
For the cheap money I spent, I'm more than happy reverse lead mining.
No issues whatsoever yet.
Oh, and my 20", BCA stainless, fluted, 223 wylde, 1:8 twist heavy barrel, is laying waste to praire dogs with extreme prejudice.
You can laugh, bag, brag, stick things up your azz, or whatever, but I'm sure enjoying what I bought.
Model 1 sales, 24", stainless, fluted bull barrel i bought 20 years ago, ( made by E.R Shaw) is still eating ragged holes, and splattering rats at as far as I care to shoot.
Bushmaster V Match, 1:9 twist, chrome lined, (bought in 98) is chugging right along too.
Life is great, until I go down after the knife, rods, and screws set me back for a bit.

Last edited by splattermatic; 09/13/22.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know why guys here just keep doing that schit. Over and over and over. Buying cheapass schit and expecting it to perform and have an acceptable life cycle. Then they come on here and ask how they can "fix" it. It boggles my mind.

Originally Posted by TWR
Because folks come on here and say my brand X has been 100%, there's no need to spend real money...

Good grief.

Well, since I'm still waiting on back surgery, I've had plenty of time to burn into my ammo stash, I'm happy to report my BCA 16" upper has 765 rounds through it. I do keep it clean, and well lubed. 55gr Fmj's are still shooting 2 to 3 inch groups, and 60gr V Max's are still well under sub moa.
My 7.5" pistol is rocking on at 578 rounds by current count, and busting clay pigeons at 50 yards, and doing real well at 100 yards, using iron sights.
Oh, and my 20", BCA stainless, fluted, 223 wylde, 1:8 twist heavy barrel, is laying waste to praire dogs with extreme prejudice.
You can laugh, bag, brag, stick things up your azz, or whatever, but I'm sure enjoying what I bought.
Model 1 sales, 24", stainless, fluted bull barrel i bought 20 years ago, ( made by E.R Shaw) is still eating ragged holes, and splattering rats at as far as I care to shoot.
Bushmaster V Match, 1:9 twist, chrome lined, (bought in 98) is chugging right along too.
Life is great, until I go down after the knife, rods, and screws set me back for a bit.

No need for the attacks.

Never a slow day here for somebody thinking they need to attack someone else out of the clear blue. If you need to attack somebody, pick a Democrat. Geebus.

PS- for fair and equal, post a report on the BCA after 10k rds.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They will never see that much use.
1, I don't have enough ammo to run that much through each.
And
2, I won't be going shooting this much in the future, as I'll be fixed, back to work, and doing other things.
No attack, just giving back what was given.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR
The two Anderson’s I had were not anodized inside where the bolt catch goes. Maybe it was a fluke, maybe they don’t care. I won’t use another.

What's an anderson?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Originally Posted by TWR

Good grief.

No need for the attacks.

Never a slow day here for somebody thinking they need to attack someone else out of the clear blue. If you need to attack somebody, pick a Democrat. Geebus.

Who's attacking who? You have one guy calling another guy out and the other defending himself. You have some fuggers thinking they know everything here, until they get showed up. Happens all the time. What is funny is you have guys hanging off the nutsacks of others, just because they think its the cool thing to do. Be men for fu cks sakes.. Unless you like sucking cock.. Oh, ask blue if his pistol skills have improved any..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ha ha..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by TWR
The two Anderson’s I had were not anodized inside where the bolt catch goes. Maybe it was a fluke, maybe they don’t care. I won’t use another.

What's an anderson?
Have you read the thread?

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Originally Posted by TWR

Good grief.

No need for the attacks.

Who's attacking who? You have one guy calling another guy out and the other defending himself. You have some fuggers thinking they know everything here, until they get showed up. Happens all the time. What is funny is you have guys hanging off the nutsacks of others, just because they think its the cool thing to do. Be men for fu cks sakes.. Unless you like sucking cock.. Oh, ask blue if his pistol skills have improved any..

Ha ha..
Man 10 shots on target at 40 yards from a concealed draw with your concealed carry pistol under 5 seconds? That’s good shooting…🙄

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Originally Posted by TWR

Good grief.

No need for the attacks.

Ha ha..

One guy calling another guy out?

It's got nothing to do with "guy", guy.

My focus is obviously different than some. I'm not all that concerned about my AR's punching a quarter inch hole in a piece of paper at 100 yards. I want my AR's to go bang EVERY FUGKING TIME I squeeze the trigger. That quarter inch hole is secondary to me. So is saving $200 on something that won't go bang when I need it to most. YMMV.

Buy quality hardware and feed them quality ammo. THAT SOLVES 99% OF MY PROBLEMS. Again, YMMV

And strangely enough, I drink Folger's. Not Starbucks.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by TWR

Good grief.

No need for the attacks.

Ha ha..

Hey Wyatt Earp charge your phone it’s at 19%..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by TWR

Good grief.

No need for the attacks.

Ha ha..

My focus is obviously different than some. I'm not all that concerned about my AR's punching a quarter inch hole in a piece of paper at 100 yards. I want my AR's to go bang EVERY FUGKING TIME I squeeze the trigger. That quarter inch hole is secondary to me. So is saving $200 on something that won't go bang when I need it to most. YMMV.

Buy quality hardware and feed them quality ammo. THAT SOLVES 99% OF MY PROBLEMS. Again, YMMV

Tell that to the Army they are getting brand new M4 from FN and most can barely hold 5-6 moa at 100yds with green tip ammo..

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S

Originally Posted by TWR

Good grief.

No need for the attacks.

Ha ha..

Tell that to the Army they are getting brand new M4 from FN and most can barely hold 5-6 moa at 100yds with green tip ammo..

That totally sucks!

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And that’s with optics not irons.. the accuracy does improve if the shoot mk262 load in them but that’s not very often.

Last edited by 79S; 09/13/22.

J
Jeffrey Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 79S

Originally Posted by TWR

Good grief.

No need for the attacks.

Ha ha..

Contract goes to the lowest bidder, and that meant Colt or FN while I was in.

Can anyone specifically explain or illustrate the differences in parts between high end rifles and let’s say a BCA? Barrels are one thing. But barrels don’t contribute to reliability, do they?
BCA’s are cheap. Let’s see someone wear one out.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The TDP or technical data package is based on 50 years of building a fighting gun. It’s the bare minimum of what the govt requires and what most consider a good starting point.

Things like 7075 aluminum receivers with a hard coat anodizing on it. 4150 barrel steel and chrome lining. Specific sized gas ports for specific ammo. Carpenter 158 steel with a good heat treat, shot peened, HPT tested and then MPI’d bolts. Specific steel on the gas key and specific bolts to hold it on the carrier. Specific 7075 aluminum RE’s threaded a certain way and castle nuts staked into an end plate that is not too hard nor too soft.

These are just a sampling of what is the makings of a decent AR. But companies cut corners and use 6061 rather than 7075, 4140 vs 4150 barrel steel and nitride vs chrome lining. Gas ports opened up to run cheap lower pressured ammo. Cheap extractors and spring kits, different steels for the bolts and nitride over chrome on the inside of the carrier. Softer screws holding the non chrome lined key. Commercial RE’s loctited instead of staked.

I could go on but surely you get the point. Yes there are better barrels and better triggers, Better furniture and better receivers. But the TDP is the place to start if you want a quality gun. If you want to take chances go ahead but understand why the cheap stuff is cheap.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Or not, I really don’t care.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TWR
Or not, I really don’t care.

I'm gettin there.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Jeffrey Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by TWR
The TDP or technical data package is based on 50 years of building a fighting gun. It’s the bare minimum of what the govt requires and what most consider a good starting point.

Things like 7075 aluminum receivers with a hard coat anodizing on it. 4150 barrel steel and chrome lining. Specific sized gas ports for specific ammo. Carpenter 158 steel with a good heat treat, shot peened, HPT tested and then MPI’d bolts. Specific steel on the gas key and specific bolts to hold it on the carrier. Specific 7075 aluminum RE’s threaded a certain way and castle nuts staked into an end plate that is not too hard nor too soft.

These are just a sampling of what is the makings of a decent AR. But companies cut corners and use 6061 rather than 7075, 4140 vs 4150 barrel steel and nitride vs chrome lining. Gas ports opened up to run cheap lower pressured ammo. Cheap extractors and spring kits, different steels for the bolts and nitride over chrome on the inside of the carrier. Softer screws holding the non chrome lined key. Commercial RE’s loctited instead of staked.

I could go on but surely you get the point. Yes there are better barrels and better triggers, Better furniture and better receivers. But the TDP is the place to start if you want a quality gun. If you want to take chances go ahead but understand why the cheap stuff is cheap.

Thanks for writing. That is good info.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by TWR

Thanks for writing. That is good info.

+1

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S

Originally Posted by TWR

Good grief.

No need for the attacks.

Ha ha..

You may be right but what are your sources? FN typically makes first rate products. Green tip ammo sucks for precision shooting but if a typical FN manufactured M4 is struggling to hold a 6” pattern at 100 yards something went way sideways. FN along with H&K are gold standards for military grade weapons.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TWR

I agree as far as war fighting rifles go. The blueprint/specs to making a functional AR even if out of lower quality materials is well established at this point being one of the most mass produced and tested firearms in world history. For a range or even home defense gun that is kept cleaned and oiled, that is not going through mag dumps or being carried all day in extreme desert or jungle environments, and beat to hell by 18 year olds in a war zone most any will be reliable in my experience. It won’t be as nice or as good but I’d expect it to go bang when pulling the trigger.

The difference between military grade and better Vs a cheapie is stacking the deck in your favor when the rifle has been subjected to heavy use and extreme conditions. Not a semi auto kept cleaned and going from safe to range or to engage a bad guy climbing through a window.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (44mc, 808outdoors, 7887mm08, 35, 10Glocks, 308ld, 10 invisible), 1,241 guests, and 786 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,692
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.