Hop To
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Who are they blocking?

Common sense.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 700LH
Being an arrogant prick isn't limited to bicyclists,

You’re proof of that.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Bicycle riders are always getting into trouble in the park.

They're more of a nuisance than the bears.

Avalanche Strands Cyclists on Glacier Park’s Sun Road

They use to allow early access to the road for bikes before it would open for the season for cars.

They've gotten away from that due to such events.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Originally Posted by JeffA
Yet the bone headed bike brigade insist on doing THIS

[Linked Image from adventurecycling.org][Linked Image from adventurecycling.org]

Then they expect sympathy when they get mowed down..

What's boneheaded in the pics?

If you can’t see it , which I know you can’t, never mind.

That's what I thought...imaginary issues.

Let’s see ! In the fist picture their taking up the entire road. In the next picture their taking up the whole left lane! Now in Michigan that is illegal, in La nothing is illegal I guess!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pedal cyclist has the same rights, and the same responsibilities, to the road as a motorist in Texas.

You won't see many around here though. Too many welders.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I biked every day from age 50 to 68, but then had to quit because of cars passing me on blind corners. 25 mph zone, I bike at 21 mph, cars want to go 35 mph.

The worst was in a hairpin curve I was being passed while oncomming another car was passing another bike. I was crowded off the road and into the bushes, and so was the oncoming bike.
The difference between staying behind you in those blind corners and passing you was probably 5 full seconds, you disrespectful ass. Happy hour only lasts so long.

You can rail against human nature all you want, ain’t gonna change anything. Traffic laws ain’t gonna save you either. Ride a bike in the roadway you’re liable to get run over, just the way it is. I figure the odds are maybe a tad less than a pedestrian in the road getting hit but that’s just conjecture on my part.

Anyhoo... I put in my regular ten on the bike alongside commuter traffic today.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Yet the bone headed bike brigade insist on doing THIS

[Linked Image from adventurecycling.org][Linked Image from adventurecycling.org]

Then they expect sympathy when they get mowed down..

What's boneheaded in the pics?

Blocking the no passing passing lane?

Who are they blocking?
Whoever is behind them taking the pic's.
If the photographer is one of the group, he is o the wrong side of the road - as were others in the previous pic.
Evidently, crossing the centerline is OK for bicyclists, but not motorists?
Are bicyclists required to stay as far right as feasible, when there is no designated bike lane?

When I look at those pictures, I see arrogance on display.

FWIW, I have nothing against bicyclists who do it right - but that seems to be a rare breed, anymore.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

You’re proof of that.
Coming from you?
A compliment, thanks

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Bicycle riders are always getting into trouble in the park.

They're more of a nuisance than the bears.

Avalanche Strands Cyclists on Glacier Park’s Sun Road

"After clearing the rockslide, and ensuring that the avalanche had stabilized, park staff began to clear a path through the avalanche to gain access to the stranded cyclists. The 13 cyclists were trapped on the other side of the slide for about eight hours. Park officials said they were cold, but otherwise in good spirits. Park officials said the men passed the time playing "hide the salami" to the dismay of rescuers arriving on the scene.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
13 bicycle idiots trapped on the wrong side of a pile of snow for 8 hours and not one of them could figure out what to do about it?

Where's that infamous man eating Glacier Park Grizzly when ya need him?

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You’re proof of that.
Coming from you?
A compliment, thanks

Sure thing, Booster Boy.

LOL

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by akasparky
13 bicycle idiots trapped on the wrong side of a pile of snow for 8 hours and not one of them could figure out what to do about it?

Every one of them was a Biden voter too.

Just like your dumb ass.

LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Whoever is behind them taking the pic's.
If the photographer is one of the group, he is o the wrong side of the road - as were others in the previous pic.
Evidently, crossing the centerline is OK for bicyclists, but not motorists?
Are bicyclists required to stay as far right as feasible, when there is no designated bike lane?

When I look at those pictures, I see arrogance on display.

FWIW, I have nothing against bicyclists who do it right - but that seems to be a rare breed, anymore.

It is most likely that it is a member of their group or another cyclist taking the photo. My point is that there is no need to imagine that those cyclists are creating a problem. Almost all states use the words "far right as practicable." Not possible. That language was purposefully chosen. It allows the cyclist to take a position at other places on the road for a number of reasons. For example when I ride, I ride pretty much center lane. It makes me more visible to others, it makes drivers less likely to do a brush pass, and it makes them more likely to treat me like traffic. Once I am confident a vehicle coming up from behind sees me, I ease over an they go around without delay. If I ride with another person or a group, I'll ride side by side. That's allowed in every state whose bicycle law I have read. Riding side by side makes us "easier to see" for those who might claim a bicyclist is "hard to see." Again, when traffic comes up from behind, I accommodate them.

I reckon someone will see that as arrogant. I can only say that I won't apologize for riding a bicycle on the road, I won't take kindly to being bullied and I do care about those I share the road with and will work cooperatively with them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I biked every day from age 50 to 68, but then had to quit because of cars passing me on blind corners. 25 mph zone, I bike at 21 mph, cars want to go 35 mph.

The worst was in a hairpin curve I was being passed while oncomming another car was passing another bike. I was crowded off the road and into the bushes, and so was the oncoming bike.
The difference between staying behind you in those blind corners and passing you was probably 5 full seconds, you disrespectful ass. Happy hour only lasts so long.

You can rail against human nature all you want, ain’t gonna change anything. Traffic laws ain’t gonna save you either. Ride a bike in the roadway you’re liable to get run over, just the way it is. I figure the odds are maybe a tad less than a pedestrian in the road getting hit but that’s just conjecture on my part.

Anyhoo... I put in my regular ten on the bike alongside commuter traffic today.

"Rail against nature." LOL. I simply put things into their proper perspective.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by akasparky
Every one of them was a Biden voter too.

Just like your dumb ass.

LOL

Most all of us that have basic understanding of human psychology realize your continued bashing of others in these threads is actually you projecting all those character flaws you despise in yourself upon others.

It's kinda cute in a way, most of us have the compassion to let it slide, you're just our little pet problemed child.

But voting for Biden?
That's a bridge too far, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Now go sit in your corner until you can say you're sorry

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I reckon some will see this as arrogant: I won't apologize for believing bikes don't belong on the road for recreational activity, I don't take kindly to them being on the road phoucking off on said road and most of them I've encountered do not care or cooperate with anything other than their Lance Armstrong wet dreams. Except to the point they get hit or run off the road.

Does anyone have pics of those bastards playing 4 man badminton in the middle of those mountain passes? Oh right....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HawkI
I reckon some will see this as arrogant: I won't apologize for believing bikes don't belong on the road for recreational activity, I don't take kindly to them being on the road phoucking off on said road and most of them I've encountered do not care or cooperate with anything other than their Lance Armstrong wet dreams. Except to the point they get hit or run off the road.

Does anyone have pics of those bastards playing 4 man badminton in the middle of those mountain passes? Oh right....

Please feel free to post more dumb, disconnected responses.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

"Rail against nature." LOL. I simply put things into their proper perspective.

The term was “rail against human nature”, not the same thing.

As usual you dismiss as irrelevant the irritation almost every motorist feels in the pictured situations, exactly like the cyclists in the photos.

What the proper perspective is; those cyclists are making it incumbent on the drivers to avoid permanently mangling their flesh and bones, they are doing this by moving much slower than the flow of traffic while riding in the lane.

I don’t see much substantive difference between that and just walking in the traffic lane with your back to traffic obliging cars to go around you. Neither does almost everybody else.

I’m just grateful I’m allowed to do it. But, if I get hit while doing that, it’s all on me.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The OP is about stupid phouckers that shouldn't be on the road; a pissed up redneck driving a truck and a family that thinks its a perfectly logical idea to play in the street.

You're the mental midget with the disconnect, but keep "pedaling" the notion that half of that stupidity isn't stupid.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HawkI
The OP is about stupid phouckers that shouldn't be on the road; a pissed up redneck driving a truck and a family that thinks its a perfectly logical idea to play in the street.

You're the mental midget with the disconnect, but keep "pedaling" the notion that half of that stupidity isn't stupid.

You are welcome to try to describe specifically what is stupid in the OP and specifically why. You won't though.

You are on a roll, would you like to try to go 3 for 3?

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 64 invisible), 2,536 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,808
Posts18,477,541
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.