Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by Squidge
Women like freedom and small government not interfering with their life. Good government promotes both life and freedom, what's happening in the aftermath of the Dobbs decision promotes neither.

You have to protect life before you protect liberty or else there's no point in it. In principle, protecting life is a primary obligation.

You don’t “protect life” by doing things that are calculated to cause your own party to lose in a mid term election. Do you? If anybody can voice an intelligent theory on how this will help the conservative cause, please, post it up, I can’t see it.

Get real.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The number of GUTLESS on this site is both disappointing and astounding.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I'd be interested in knowing what the distinctions of those principle are. IOW, what was wrong with Reagan's ideas and how there errors should be corrected.

For one thing Reagan approved no fault divorce as gov of Cali.

Mainly I’m speaking of the very limiting focus upon libertarian and free market economic aspects of conservatism as Conservatism itself.

Prosperity and libertinism without a moral framework to direct us as to how to properly spend money and our freedom leads to what we have now.

Old school (Edmund) Burkean Conservatism is a way of seeing the world that permeates one’s politics including economics & views on liberty but is not a mere political ideology.

Russell Kirk’s bio of Burke, Roger Scruton”s How to be a Conservative, and Richard M Weaver’s Ideas Have Consequences all are helpful in clarifying some of this stuff.

Christopher Caldwell’s Age of Entitlement makes what I found to be a very Trumpian argument starting with the 1964 Civil Rights Act that Reagan did more damage to Conservatism than help. I don’t know if I’d be that harsh but his arguments are tough to refute.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I understand the sentiment.

When they were locking us down and stuff....I was worried what would happen if I didn't go along.

I have been done with giving up ground for some time now.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Amen.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

You shouldn’t be honestly. Look at the anti-Trump, the Covtard, and the uketard sentiment here. And this is supposed to be an outdoors/hunting centric site. Traditionally folks that believed in America.

We are fûcked as a nation.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't want to read several books. I'd like to know what your own thoughts are because I respect your opinions.

Don't be the darkness.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
We are fûcked as a nation.
I would argue you could've just gone with that.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
The media is making more of this than is there. I doubt moderates and independents are choosing candidates based on their views of abortion. Further, the dark card in this election cycle will be the Hispanic vote and the majority do not support abortion.

At the end of the day the motivating factor continues to be the Economy. Everything else is noise.

I agree with this completely.

“It’s the economy, stupid” has played out over countless elections.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I don't want to read several books. I'd like to know what your own thoughts are because I respect your opinions.

[Linked Image from y.yarn.co]

I am MAGA.
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by luv2safari
The SCOTUS decision prior to the elections could stop the Red Wave we all want. It has races that shouldn't be close in statistical ties now.

If not for abortion hysteria here in NV (which has abortion as a right in the State Constitution) the little fat RINO GOP candidate for Governor would be way ahead of Schitzlax. GOP Laxalt would be ahead enough to unseat Cortez-Mastos.

Both of these races are now dead heats, and abortion hysteria is directly to blame. The Demonrats are hammering it, and it's working.

I say BS, L2S.

Millions were spent against these two. McCarthy and Turtleneck were against them also.

Most have no clue as to the Trump card coming and Durhams actions before Nov. Bunch of Pollyannas on here.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload image website

Whoa, 10 Capitol Police whistleblowers coming forward. HUMMM.

No wonder there is

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I’m as fqkng real as it gets, dumbass, you WIN first, THEN effect lasting results, it’s called strategic thinking, Jesus H Christ, “get real”…

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin

I’m as fqkng real as it gets, dumbass, you WIN first, THEN effect lasting results, it’s called strategic thinking, Jesus H Christ, “get real”…

Yet you're advocating we lose so we can win. Don't be a loser bro... enjoy the big win!

Last edited by copperking81; 09/16/22.
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
I choose to get my information from multiple sources and the WSJ is certainly one of the few I trust as an unbiased news source that just reports facts and lets the reader make their own informed choice. If their poll says that recent abortion rulings are an issue, I believe them, because it matches my own beliefs.

I agree with the SC decision. As a strict constitutional scholar, it is not a constitutional issue. But as a lifelong Republican, the party has lost me on their stance over abortion and their push, such as Texas, for even more restrictive bans. Important decisions and policy are not all black and white. How someone can say they're pro-life and then support capital punishment, I always find as a twist. Few things in life are ever black and white and as a society we have to decide where the line is. Once that's settled, move on. The chances are that neither side is completely happy, but we defined the line we can live with.

We've all become such crybabies now, that if it doesn't fit squarely with your beliefs, we seek to unravel it. This is the case for both Democrats and Republicans! Grow up and realize life is made up of compromises! We should have all learned this as grade school kids on the playground. We look at the kids today and then complain they can't cope with adversity, rejection and compromise. They're just following in our examples! Our current generation of troubled kids that don't know how to cope and compromise are not the root of our current problems. The last two generations are!

Last edited by gsganzer; 09/16/22.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I choose to get my information from multiple sources and the WSJ is certainly one of the few I trust as an unbiased news source that just reports facts and lets the reader make their own informed choice. If their poll says that recent abortion rulings are an issue, I believe them, because it matches my own beliefs.

I agree with the SC decision. As a strict constitutional scholar, it is not a constitutional issue. But as a lifelong Republican, the party has lost me on their stance over abortion and their push, such as Texas, for even more restrictive bans. Important decisions and policy are not all black and white. How someone can say they're pro-life and then support capital punishment, I always find as a twist. Few things in life are ever black and white and as a society we have to decide where the line is. Once that's settled, move on. The chances are that neither side is completely happy, but we defined the line we can live with.

We've all become such crybabies now, that if it doesn't fit squarely with your beliefs, you seek to unravel it. This is the case for both Democrats and Republicans! Grow up and realize life is made up of compromises! We should have all learned this as grade school kids on the playground. You look at the kids today and then complain they can't cope with adversity, rejection and compromise. They're following in your examples! Our current generation of troubled kids that don't know how to cope and compromise isn't the issue of our current problems. The last two generations are!

Uhhh....you went left because of abortion....and you tell us not to be crybabies??

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A

Most are Orc’s ..
They are here to Muddy Issues

You know like Ms. Lindsay and Her Incredible After the Fact Judgment on Roe about a Federal Law of 15 weeks .

Lindsay you Moron the SC just gave Authority over Abortion to the States to Decide Policy..

You F’ck’n Moron Lindsay who woke you Up ..

I think it was the Derby Donkey name Mitch that stuck a Egg Roll in him that Perk Her Up ..

Chuckle’s the Dual ain’t got nothing on these Malcontents.,

Roll Roll Roll

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

We've all become such crybabies now, that if it doesn't fit squarely with your beliefs, we seek to unravel it. This is the case for both Democrats and Republicans! Grow up and realize life is made up of compromises! We should have all learned this as grade school kids on the playground. We look at the kids today and then complain they can't cope with adversity, rejection and compromise. They're just following in our examples! Our current generation of troubled kids that don't know how to cope and compromise are not the root of our current problems. The last two generations are!

GOD help us.

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How someone can say they're pro-life and then support capital punishment, I always find as a twist.
You don’t think there’s a difference between killing a completely innocent child in the womb, and executing a convicted murderer…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Does anyone honestly remember the last time the Democrats negotiated and gave up on an issue to work with "our" side??

I dont either.

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

We've all become such crybabies now, that if it doesn't fit squarely with your beliefs, you seek to unravel it. This is the case for both Democrats and Republicans! Grow up and realize life is made up of compromises! We should have all learned this as grade school kids on the playground. You look at the kids today and then complain they can't cope with adversity, rejection and compromise. They're following in your examples! Our current generation of troubled kids that don't know how to cope and compromise isn't the issue of our current problems. The last two generations are!

Uhhh....you went left because of abortion....and you tell us not to be crybabies??

So Jim, how do you figure I went left? Because I used critical thinking to form my own decision? I'm probably way more right than you've summed up, but I'm not a sheep that blindly follows the flock.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 1minute, 1234, 1Longbow, 70 invisible), 2,516 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,528
Posts18,530,767
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.