Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
BGG....ok...my only thing is some get it and are ridiculed....others get it and its a ok...on this forum thats the way it breaks down....not directed at you just an observation ...

copper not weak at all....just not on me to be the moral compass/conscious for women thats their job.....

booster? ....bob

Last edited by BobMt; 09/16/22.
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by gsganzer
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I choose to get my information from multiple sources and the WSJ is certainly one of the few I trust as an unbiased news source that just reports facts and lets the reader make their own informed choice. If their poll says that recent abortion rulings are an issue, I believe them, because it matches my own beliefs.

I agree with the SC decision. As a strict constitutional scholar, it is not a constitutional issue. But as a lifelong Republican, the party has lost me on their stance over abortion and their push, such as Texas, for even more restrictive bans. Important decisions and policy are not all black and white. How someone can say they're pro-life and then support capital punishment, I always find as a twist. Few things in life are ever black and white and as a society we have to decide where the line is. Once that's settled, move on. The chances are that neither side is completely happy, but we defined the line we can live with.

We've all become such crybabies now, that if it doesn't fit squarely with your beliefs, you seek to unravel it. This is the case for both Democrats and Republicans! Grow up and realize life is made up of compromises! We should have all learned this as grade school kids on the playground. You look at the kids today and then complain they can't cope with adversity, rejection and compromise. They're following in your examples! Our current generation of troubled kids that don't know how to cope and compromise isn't the issue of our current problems. The last two generations are!

Uhhh....you went left because of abortion....and you tell us not to be crybabies??

So Jim, how do you figure I went left? Because I used critical thinking to form my own decision? I'm probably way more right than you've summed up, but I'm not a sheep that blindly follows the flock.

I hope you're in the clear. Our neighbor (no vax) has been ill for a week. Her husband took her to the ER tonight. Tested positive, she's in pretty bad shape.

I travel every week and have been vaxxed. I've probably had it 2x, but never a real issue. But I suspect vax might be the difference.

What was that about sheep?

Yep. Had both Vax's because of my age and I travel weekly (no mask unless required). For both of my daughters, due to their age and lower risk, we let them choose not to be vaxxed. Critical thinking, strange thing for some.

You let them CHOOSE not to be vaxxed?

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by antlers
How someone can say they're pro-life and then support capital punishment, I always find as a twist.
You don’t think there’s a difference between killing a completely innocent child in the womb, and executing a convicted murderer…?
Reading his entire post, it doesn't seem like he doesn't think much at all.

I bring up the hypocrisy of thinking in black and white. You're against aborting a fetus under any circumstances, because it's interfering in God's will, but you'll advocate for capital punishment, taking a life that God created? And just for the record, I don't equate the life of an unborn child with a person that chose to commit murder.

I'm not trying to argue the points of black and white, because it's very likely we'll never agree. I don't think in black and white, because I realize every decision has a framework that might define that decision.

I have no issue being very clear on my stance. Abortion shouldn't be a form of birth control, but I believe there are rare and extenuating circumstances when someone is faced with that most difficult of decisions. Rape, incest, health of the mother, viability of the fetus are all issues that carefully frame a decision that should be between a women, her family and her medical advisor. And in my belief, not all of the nuances of those decisions and discussions need to be something our government needs to be dictating and defining to satiate a political leaning.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BobMt
BGG....ok...my only thing is some get it and are ridiculed....others get it and its a ok...on this forum thats the way it breaks down....not directed at you just an observation ...

copper not weak at all....just not on me to be the moral compass/conscious for women thats their job.....

booster? ....bob

I had not noticed that.

Some get schit....and some dont??

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

booster? ....bob

I had not noticed that.

just depends on which club you happen to be in..lol...bob

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

booster? ....bob

I had not noticed that.

Haha! I hadn't noticed.

I think the shot did some good for some people. A limited number anyway.

The mandates however..............oh my.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

booster? ....bob

Yeah, it was an intellectually weak azz response. And you forgot the state legislatures and governors who are making abortion illegal in their states. It actually is their job.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
If you think the SC abortion ruling helps the Republicans you're a idiot.

Life is good live it while you can.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

booster? ....bob

I had not noticed that.

Some believed the propaganda and said “I’m going to make this choice because I think it’s best for me. “

Cool, you do you.

A rather larger portion say that, then out of the side of their mouth denigrate unjabbed. Can’t help themselves.

There is a difference, and honestly it’s not that nuanced.

MAGA
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I enjoyed the sporting and lively conversations tonight. Everyone have a great night!

Full day of truck shopping for my oldest tomorrow. Need a 3/4 ton to haul a 3-horse gooseneck. Budget $30K She can't keep borrowing mine!!

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I enjoyed the sporting and lively conversations tonight. Everyone have a great night!

Full day of truck shopping for my oldest tomorrow. Need a 3/4 ton to haul a 3-horse gooseneck. Budget $30K She can't keep borrowing mine!!

Good luck. 3 horse doesn’t weigh too much. Looking for a gasser?

MAGA
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
At least he let her "decide" about the shot......

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're against aborting a fetus under any circumstances, because it's interfering in God's will, but you'll advocate for capital punishment, taking a life that God created?
Who here made the claim they they were against abortion under any circumstances, “because it’s interfering in God’s will”…?
…I believe there are rare and extenuating circumstances when someone is faced with that most difficult of decisions. Rape, incest, health of the mother, viability of the fetus are all issues that carefully frame a decision that should be between a women, her family and her medical advisor.
Those situations are not only rare, they are exceedingly rare compared to the number of abortions that are performed for no other reason than as a form of birth control.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Jim ...if a person got the shot because of work family or it made them feel safer more power to them......but mandates? just got back from africa everybody I was around was vaxed ....asked why I wasn't told them alot of us dont like being told what to do or being threatened to make us comply....I told them it is an American thing....they all laughed ...they like the usa..good bunch of guys.

the shot is not the death punch that some on here think it is ...but no mandates....bob

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I turns out it would have killed my mother.

Sample of one...I understand.

THAT one is good enough for me.

Killed her cousin's husband though...and put another in the ICU.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

booster? ....bob

I had not noticed that.

Some believed the propaganda and said “I’m going to make this choice because I think it’s best for me. “

Cool, you do you.

A rather larger portion say that, then out of the side of their mouth denigrate unjabbed. Can’t help themselves.

There is a difference, and honestly it’s not that nuanced.

cant argue any of that....bob

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Youse guys are pretty smart.

I am just a cowman!

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It'll go one way or it'll go the other.

Personally, I think the revolution has already revolved. A lot of it happened when I was working nights,...so I missed most of it.

After the nukes fly it won't matter anyway.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I choose to get my information from multiple sources and the WSJ is certainly one of the few I trust as an unbiased news source that just reports facts and lets the reader make their own informed choice. If their poll says that recent abortion rulings are an issue, I believe them, because it matches my own beliefs.

I agree with the SC decision. As a strict constitutional scholar, it is not a constitutional issue. But as a lifelong Republican, the party has lost me on their stance over abortion and their push, such as Texas, for even more restrictive bans. Important decisions and policy are not all black and white. How someone can say they're pro-life and then support capital punishment, I always find as a twist. Few things in life are ever black and white and as a society we have to decide where the line is. Once that's settled, move on. The chances are that neither side is completely happy, but we defined the line we can live with.

We've all become such crybabies now, that if it doesn't fit squarely with your beliefs, we seek to unravel it. This is the case for both Democrats and Republicans! Grow up and realize life is made up of compromises! We should have all learned this as grade school kids on the playground. We look at the kids today and then complain they can't cope with adversity, rejection and compromise. They're just following in our examples! Our current generation of troubled kids that don't know how to cope and compromise are not the root of our current problems. The last two generations are!
You sounds like a leftist. Lots of emotion, failed “logic” and demanding compromise when what you really want is things your way right up to wanting to dictate to the whole state of TX what you think TX law should be.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I turns out it would have killed my mother.

Sample of one...I understand.

THAT one is good enough for me.

Killed her cousin's husband though...and put another in the ICU.

and thats legit...I believe it has hurt or killed some people .....just not millions as some have claimed......there never was a question in my mind about getting the jab wasn't going to do it....then when they doubled down so did I....bob

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

226 members (264mag, 260Remguy, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 41rem, 10gaugemag, 35 invisible), 2,170 guests, and 980 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,535
Posts18,531,031
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.