Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I feel like such a dumbass now. LOLOLOLOL

I’d feel like a dumbass if I made this comment, as if cyclists don’t often do that in times and places where it AIN’T Bicycle Day.

But Paul, they were a hazard to motorists, and I'm not imagining this.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by ldholton
So many on the pro bicycle side talk about how much money they've got sunk in this little pedal toy. So you can obviously afford to load that thing up and take it to biking roads and trails and stay the f*** off the [bleep] highway

That won't be me. My nice titanium bikes will be where I have a legal right to be.
You just love to prove what a scrawny little prick you are. I'd love to meet you face to face and just see how tough you think you are f****** a******
Just because you could doesn't mean you should
Oh boy, I love the way this is going. We can't be far from an offer to fly down here and settle things.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by krp
Anyway I skimmed over AZ, CA, IL and FL bike laws, one of them stated, I think IL, the farther out in the lane the cyclist is in an accident the more the responsibility is shared legally... Kent

Being a guy on a bicycle in the road I find questions of legal responsibility to be sort of irrelevant considering the aftermath.

Had a close call just this week. I got careless and rode a four lane road I have often ridden at night but it was rush hour afternoon. It was the shortest route, I got impatient.

Fugger in a old-style van, well over the limit, decides to pass an SUV on the inside lane, I don’t believe he saw me.

I was far fight side over by the curb, the guy’s passenger-side mirror passed just inches away from my left shoulder.

Paul’s philosophy of “claiming the lane”, ie making yerself a more conspicuous road hazard, is a widely-preached one, and prob’ly works in many instances. I do think in this case it woulda got me flattened.

That method presumes the driver will see you, I generally assume they won’t.

The last close call of that magnitude was three years and a coupla thousand miles ago; a semi truck in the rain in Montana.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I’d feel like a dumbass if I made this comment, as if cyclists don’t often do that in times and places where it AIN’T Bicycle Day.

But Paul, they were a hazard to motorists, and I'm not imagining this.

There’s another comment I’d be embarrassed to make, but that’s me.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I don't see most things on the road cuz im always fugkin with my phone

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

The picture was a representation to comment on a situation that we have all seen and in that vain, it could have been drawn in crayon. Before they widened the winding road along the Salt river with super wide shoulders I have seen herds of bikers across double yellows and into both lanes.

Kent

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Helmeted pogo stickers, two wide and four deep on a two lane highway.
Just go around 'em....

Problem is, pogo stickers aren't that stupid.

The bicycle folks just need to get the Feds involved and elevate this level of brilliance to the interstate system. That would be amazing....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HawkI
The bicycle folks just need to get the Feds involved and elevate this level of brilliance to the interstate system. That would be amazing....

Riding a bicycle on the shoulder of an Interstate is legal in some Western States. In Montana 2019 I rode Interstate 15 from Great Falls to a town called Boulder MT and parts of two other Interstates from Billings to the Little Bighorn.

Taken as a whole, Montana backroads have so little shoulder and their interstates are lightly travelled enough that the shoulder of an interstate was about the safest place to ride.

It was on the shoulder of I15 that I almost got taken out by a semi though. I had stopped to take a photo right after a rainstorm, closer to the white line than I could have been. There was no traffic. Then a tractor trailer going downhill blitzed by so close I got pulled by the slipstream.

Dunno if it was on purpose or not, ride a highway with rumble strips and it becomes apparent quite a few people are making closer passes than they need to.

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by krp

The picture was a representation to comment on a situation that we have all seen and in that vain, it could have been drawn in crayon. Before they widened the winding road along the Salt river with super wide shoulders I have seen herds of bikers across double yellows and into both lanes.

Kent

Exactly, Paul just likes to play the naive role when it's beneficial.

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JeffA
I am out in the lane until a car approaches, then I move over once I am reasonably sure I have been seen.
And you still don't understand how that move, right there that you plainly describe might more appear to just be a clueless bike rider swerving around in the road ahead.
A move over as a vehicle approaches from the rear=swerving around? LOLOLOL.

Absolutely, and you're well aware of why you do that.
It's control issues you suffer Paul.
Same reason you desired to purchased a retirement property in a HOA controlled neighborhood.

Paul must be in full control in all situations, the world revolves around Paul.

This is exactly the problem.

It's like a incurable disease, it's imbedded, probably from childhood.

If you ride out in the road people will brake and slow down, disrupting traffic flow because Paul's chose to ride his bike in the road.

When I'm driving down the road and I see a bike traveling in the same direction as I, in my my lane, consistently hugging the fog line, I see them as a rider that has their act together and is very aware there are also cars on the road.

That rider presents little problem, I can suck it over to the center line and pass him by leaving ample room for both he and I.

When I see a bike out in my lane, blocking the road, swerveing around I see an idiot.
Totally unpredictable, could be a kid, could be impaired, could be anything.
Bring the driving to a crawl, disrupt traffic, there's a fool on the loose.

Just because you decide to entertain yourself with a activity that requires alternative use of a roadway don't mean the world must come to a grinding halt for your lame azz.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Did that video with the big diesel truck and all the bike racers on a hill get posted yet ...that's the entertaining thing ever.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

( . Y . )
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
There was a pack of these fugking idiots at a major intersection yesterday at 6:15am.

What level of fugking moron would want to bicycle during rush hour is beyond comprehension. All twig shaped dudes and ugly ass women. And all wearing a fugking helmet. LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
There was a pack of these fugking idiots at a major intersection yesterday at 6:15am.

What level of fugking moron would want to bicycle during rush hour is beyond comprehension. All twig shaped dudes and ugly ass women. And all wearing a fugking helmet. LOL
that's when you need one of those whip CB antennas.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I think the helmet thing is all about having a little something that resembles brain matter above their shoulders.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
the difference to me is ...the bird is a humble guy....paul is an arrogant look at me type.......bob

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobMt
the difference to me is ...the bird is a humble guy....paul is an arrogant look at me type.......bob

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

you do have a sense of humor and poke fun of yourself.....was this pic last week when you couldnt get your way....bob

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

you do have a sense of humor and poke fun of yourself.....was this pic last week when you couldnt get your way....bob

You know Bob, you are right. I am arrogant. But I am also empathetic. When I think about all the bicyclists issues my friends in cousinfugk Montana have to suffer, it makes my heart hurt.

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,630 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,817
Posts18,477,674
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.