[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by BobMt
you do have a sense of humor and poke fun of yourself.....was this pic last week when you couldnt get your way....bob

You know Bob, you are right. I am arrogant. But I am also empathetic. When I think about all the bicyclists issues my friends in cousinfugk Montana have to suffer, it makes my heart hurt.

That'd be more believable if you showed a little empathy for people that drive cars on the road.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
cousinfugging...thats texas.....none of that kinda stuff goes on in montana....I think.....bob

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
cousinfugging...thats texas.....none of that kinda stuff goes on in montana....I think.....bob

Naaa-ah.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
What about sisterfugk Texas?

I am sure they have it bad too.

This thread has been hilarious. A thread about a drunk plowing into a family quickly, predictably, devolves into bicycle bashing. Of course I'll show up to do my part. The thread drifts and photos of bicyclists on the road are served up as proof of how stupid they are and how they are breaking the law. When pressed to describe exactly who the pictured cyclists were affecting, nobody could. No surprise there. My contention is, and the reality is, that bicyclists on the road are the least of any drivers issues and that most of the issues exist in the imagination.

Well, we come to find out that the road the cyclists were on was closed to motor vehicle traffic that day. LOLOLOL. The motorists that were imagined to be impacted weren't even allowed on the road that day. Then those perpetually aggrieved anti-cyclists moved the target to "well, they weren't affecting anyone, but it was a perfect example of the horrors we face behind the wheel every day." LOLOL. I don't need anyone to say "yeah, Paul, you were right" (I know I am) but the manly thing to do is say, "you got us this time Paul." But nope, then it all becomes about "Paul is mean" "Paul is arrogant" "Birdwatcher cucks up to us antis, and Paul won't."

Along the way, I dangled some bait that got hit impressively hard.

Then there is always this value in these discussions. In a forum full of the manliest, toughest, freedom loving people on earth, we learn that they want to suppress a cyclist's legal right to be on the road, and they think we should be scared [bleep] to ride on the road. I kinda get the latter. They do drive after all.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
paul is arrogant...the bird is not....who hit the bait on that one?...lol.....bob

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JeffA
you do have a sense of humor and poke fun of yourself.....was this pic last week when you couldnt get your way....bob

You know Bob, you are right. I am arrogant. But I am also empathetic. When I think about all the bicyclists issues my friends in cousinfugk Montana have to suffer, it makes my heart hurt.

That'd be more believable if you showed a little empathy for people that drive cars on the road.

Did you forget already? I have repeatedly said I am empathetic and cooperative enough to move over. But that becomes "clueless bike rider swerving around" to those that need to be aggrieved. That's you, by the way.

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
paul is arrogant...the bird is not....who hit the bait on that one?...lol.....bob

I prefer the word cocksure, but I won't argue.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Once you realize Paul lacks common sense you understand.

I think he just likes fuggin’ with you guys.

This. And the fact that he's Adonis-like just pisses people off even more.

You know Adonis? LaQueesha's boy?

IC B3

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have repeatedly said I am empathetic and cooperative enough to move over. But that becomes "clueless bike rider swerving around" to those that need to be aggrieved. That's you, by the way.

It has nothing to do with being aggrieved.
It's simply making a fair assessment of possible road hazards ahead.

Bike swerving in and out of lane vs bike consistently riding fog line.

Pretty simple.

One's a hazard, the other not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole

I missed that comment about just fugking with people here. I am stone cold serious with a little of what I type.

My next sockpuppet is going to be named Adonisthecocksure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have repeatedly said I am empathetic and cooperative enough to move over. But that becomes "clueless bike rider swerving around" to those that need to be aggrieved. That's you, by the way.

Pretty simple.

There's no swerving involved. There's a purposeful gravitation to the right, accompanied by a look over the shoulder, and sometimes a wave around. Hell, when I am driving a 2 lane road and someone comes up behind me, I'll move as far right as I can. That allows the motorist to see around me and if they are thinking, it lets them know that I know they are there and working with them. I get your point about motorists not generally being smart enough to pick up on cues.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

This thread has been hilarious. A thread about a drunk plowing into a family quickly, predictably, devolves into bicycle bashing. Of course I'll show up to do my part. The thread drifts and photos of bicyclists on the road are served up as proof of how stupid they are and how they are breaking the law. When pressed to describe exactly who the pictured cyclists were affecting, nobody could. No surprise there. My contention is, and the reality is, that bicyclists on the road are the least of any drivers issues and that most of the issues exist in the imagination.

Well, we come to find out that the road the cyclists were on was closed to motor vehicle traffic that day. LOLOLOL. The motorists that were imagined to be impacted weren't even allowed on the road that day. Then those perpetually aggrieved anti-cyclists moved the target to "well, they weren't affecting anyone, but it was a perfect example of the horrors we face behind the wheel every day." LOLOL. I don't need anyone to say "yeah, Paul, you were right" (I know I am) but the manly thing to do is say, "you got us this time Paul." But nope, then it all becomes about "Paul is mean" "Paul is arrogant" "Birdwatcher cucks up to us antis, and Paul won't."

Then there is always this value in these discussions. In a forum full of the manliest, toughest, freedom loving people on earth, we learn that they want to suppress a cyclist's legal right to be on the road, and they think we should be scared [bleep] to ride on the road. I kinda get the latter. They do drive after all.
Mike has common sense.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Mike has common sense.

Have you ridden bicycles on the road or studied bicycle safety? If not, you are too ignorant to make that comment. That would be like you jumping into a knitting thread and pronouncing on knitter more common-sensical than another. I hope I am right about you not being a knitting expert.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I missed that comment about just fugking with people here. I am stone cold serious with a little of what I type.

Yeah, I know. I'm not sure what it is between bikers and non-bikers. Kind of a territoriality thing I think. There are a lot of bike lanes here on the shoulder of two-lane roads in neighborhoods with 30 mph speed limits. When I pass a bike in the lane I'll always move into the middle and give them a wide berth if there's no traffic coming the other way because the last thing I want to do is hit one of them. Takes no effort on my part and is just a courteous thing to do. Same thing when someone is walking on the shoulder.

When I'm riding my bike I notice a lot of people won't do that. They hug the white line as if to say "that's my territory and I'm not giving an inch." Like the biker threatens their sovereignty of the road or some such.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Paul is mean.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Pretty simple.

There's no swerving involved. There's a purposeful gravitation to the right, accompanied by a look over the shoulder, and sometimes a wave around. Hell, when I am driving a 2 lane road and someone comes up behind me, I'll move as far right as I can. That allows the motorist to see around me and if they are thinking, it lets them know that I know they are there and working with them. I get your point about motorists not generally being smart enough to pick up on cues.

So you're saying a kid on a bike or a older person on a bike or a impaired person on a bike that can't maintain consistent lane position or direction of travel looks completely different than Paul on a bike.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So you're saying a kid on a bike or a older person on a bike or a impaired person on a bike that can't maintain consistent lane position or direction of travel looks completely different than Paul on a bike.

I sure would hope so.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I sure would hope so.
I do too. I think I could tell the difference pretty quick. Just like I can tell that 95% of the riders around here don’t have the courtesy or shared space mentality that Paul seems to project.

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (160user, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 2003and2013, 61 invisible), 2,584 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,791
Posts18,477,334
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.