Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 81 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 80 81
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by LightninHopkins

George Carlin was a funny guy. I enjoy his routines.

He blew up his heart doing cocaine.

I don't think he had a talent for theology.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Some people might say, "Well,...lightning struck a mud puddle and it caused the first one celled life form to exist."

Well,...okay,....that's a bit hard to digest all by itself. Lighting strikes stuff all the time. But I've never heard anybody say that it creates even an extremely primitive life form when it does so. Lightning struck a tree next door a while ago. Not the first tadpole turned up as a result of it.

But anyway,...what force caused that original one celled live form to turn into a Peacock,...let alone a human being.

Humans attempt to explain the unexplainable with science.

Science has its place. But it resorts to bullshit when it attempts to explain the origin of even extremely basic life forms.

It doesn't even try to explain how a lump of meat produces consciousness.

B, I will be the first to admit: We really do not know how life originated on this planet. Or for that matter the origin of the Universe.

What we do have is a few people who have written theories which explain how they think it MIGHT have happened.

But we do have a pretty good understanding of the last several hundred million years. And a very good understanding of the last 66 million years since almost all terrestrial life became extinct on this planet.

Can you explain how those surviving mouse like mammals became the varied and enormous class we know today as mammalia, including human kind.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Some people might say, "Well,...lightning struck a mud puddle and it caused the first one celled life form to exist."

Well,...okay,....that's a bit hard to digest all by itself. Lighting strikes stuff all the time. But I've never heard anybody say that it creates even an extremely primitive life form when it does so. Lightning struck a tree next door a while ago. Not the first tadpole turned up as a result of it.

But anyway,...what force caused that original one celled live form to turn into a Peacock,...let alone a human being.

Science has its place. But it resorts to bullshit when it attempts to explain the origin of even extremely basic life forms.

B, I will be the first to admit: We really do not know how life originated on this planet. Or for that matter the origin of the Universe.

What we do have is a few people who have written theories which explain how they think it MIGHT have happened.

But we do have a pretty good understanding of the last several hundred million years. And a very good understanding of the last 66 million years since almost all terrestrial life became extinct on this planet.

Can you explain how those surviving mouse like mammals became the varied and enormous class we know today as mammalia, including human kind.

No. I can't explain how a rock turned into a mouse.

Maybe lightning struck and caused Mickey and Minnie to pop up out of a mud puddle.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Truth: when it comes to faith, nobody can agree on much.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

Articles of faith which you believe based upon some objective reasoning in which you have faith.

Again, turtles all the way down with “science” and faith in the reliance upon your rationality replacing what you’d admit is religious belief.

We don’t understand anything; we can’t even define what life or consciousness are much less understand their origins.

Faith in theories by guys you believe to be smart is still faith.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
"Pretend" answers don't solve anything.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
True science is amazing stuff. When science tries to explain all of existence with a Big Bang theory it steps out of its lane. That’s a whole lot of blind faith, speculation and guessing with a little bit of science sprinkled in.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
True science is amazing stuff. When science tries to explain all of existence with a Big Bang theory it steps out of its lane. That’s a whole lot of blind faith, speculation and guessing with a little bit of science sprinkled in.

Amen brother

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The Big Bang Theory has recently been debunked by the new Hubble space telescope. Now scientists are confused on the origin of the universe. Some scientists say there is more evidence proving creation than evolution. They can't explain how simple granite rock exists. It has 5% uranium perfectly mixed into it. The only way they can explain it is that while it was in liquid state it instantly froze. ?? They have tried to melt it and reform it in a lab and it can't be done. Some now believe it was instantly made.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
The Big Bang Theory has recently been debunked by the new Hubble space telescope.

No it hasn't.

The Hubble space telescope is not all that new anymore either.

Well?
IC B3

more and more people are atheist/agnostic
church memberships are declining all over

muslims are rapidly increasing in numbers and spreading those numbers all around the world
it's not immigration, it's an invasion

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Big Bang theory is based on observation. There may be more going on, so it may be modified accordingly.

That's how science works.

Unlike faith - which is the pretence of having answers - science is a work in progress.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

No. I can't explain how a rock turned into a mouse.

Maybe lightning struck and caused Mickey and Minnie to pop up out of a mud puddle.

Chemistry involves far more than 'rocks.'

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Once again, As for me, and my house, we will Serve The Lord.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Big bang is objective and provable?

Seriously……as long as you embrace the paradigm. I do believe thou dost like and revel in academic arguments.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by IZH27

Seriously……as long as you embrace the paradigm. I do believe thou dost like and revel in academic arguments.

AND OBSERVABLE

Repeatable?

Wait a few billion years it’ll happen again.

But that isn’t faith wink

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Romans 1

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Romans 1

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Romans 1 is the red pill.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by IZH27

Yes, it's the best model that we have. Science is open to falsibility, religion takes advantage of non-falsibility.

Well?
N
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
N
So who caused the Big Bang? All energy, substance, and atomic molecular activity started in a flash. Sounds like something only God could do.😊

Page 6 of 81 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1Akshooter, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,376 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,900
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.