Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I recently picked up an old ( I think its a 1969 make) Mod 700 (24" bbl) BDL. It had a ton of bullet fouling in it. After getting it all clean, etc it shoots very well. I can get the factory 120 Clkts into an inch-inch & quarter. I've only tried one handload so far, the 97gr Hammer. I can also get them into about an inch cluster, five shots. I'm going to try some 120 c&c and see how it does. So far, it has alot of promise. I like the "point and shoot, flat shooters alot. In past I've had a Mod 700 Classic and a couple more builds on Mod 700 actions, one was a take-off Mountain Rifle barrel that shot very well.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JERKING9,

Due cite the "particulars" of your CoreRock Fascinations and how they swoon you so...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Retardation is 1,000,000's of years old and you wear it "well",should that too soothe you. Hint.

Do tell how them CoreRocks are "flat shooting" and offer "mild recoil",for said "performance",if only personally as per your Retardation Meter. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Far MAXIMUM Oblivious Humor,dangle a picture of said Piece Of Fhuqking schit and dabble a little into how you have 'er "set up",due your uncanny "knowledge" and "experience". Dare ya'. HINT.

Flipside,for folks who's eyes ain't crossed. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all,as you set astride your Couchbound Kchunt,as you guess aloud about wares you've never even fhuqking seen,let alone used,or could "afford". Hint.

Gals who "know" and "do" as "much" as you,will be ALWAYS best served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". Hint.

CoreRock Factory Flight.

Creedmire Factory Flight.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

JamesQueen,

Now THAT schit was fhuqking FUNNY! Hint.

Bless your heart forfhuqking TRYING.

Hin.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Larry: I recently found some old 117gr Hornady RNs on the shelf. In your honor, I think I'll load up a few and take some deer with them this year. Not to worry, I will load them down to about 2700 FPS like you like it so it won't hurt my creaky old shoulder, and the sound pressure level will be at a point that it won't exacerbate my already advanced hearing loss. The only problem is that they have a BC of .243 (gasp!!). Is that enough to even get them out the end of the barrel? Please let me know....I don't want to waste my time.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
JERKING9,

Due cite the "particulars" of your CoreRock Fascinations and how they swoon you so...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Retardation is 1,000,000's of years old and you wear it "well",should that too soothe you. Hint.

Do tell how them CoreRocks are "flat shooting" and offer "mild recoil",for said "performance",if only personally as per your Retardation Meter. Hint.

Far MAXIMUM Oblivious Humor,dangle a picture of said Piece Of Fhuqking schit and dabble a little into how you have 'er "set up",due your uncanny "knowledge" and "experience". Dare ya'. HINT.

Flipside,for folks who's eyes ain't crossed. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all,as you set astride your Couchbound Kchunt,as you guess aloud about wares you've never even fhuqking seen,let alone used,or could "afford". Hint.

Gals who "know" and "do" as "much" as you,will be ALWAYS best served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". Hint.

CoreRock Factory Flight.

Creedmire Factory Flight.

JamesQueen,

Now THAT schit was fhuqking FUNNY! Hint.

Bless your heart forfhuqking TRYING.

Hin.

Where do you expect to find any 220 grain 25 caliber projectiles?

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Little dick go get your head out your azz. You [bleep] head.

Last edited by JENKINS9; 09/17/22.
IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Little dick how many times you got your azz beat. Intelligent people are trying to give the op thier answers and you are the only azz trying to bring stuff up that dont relate. I final had enough of you. I apologize to the op for going off.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
kchuntexas,

I'm VERY "surprised!" that you fixate me constantly,as you "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Rickety,

Are you inferring that a .362 BC is simply a .362 BC,in regards to flight characteistics,despite 100grs of mass difference...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I miss a keystroke now and again,but never where it matters. Hint.

Bless your "hard charging" heart,for feverisly reading my EVERY word and gawking EVERY Splendid Pixel,as you "live" vicariously aboard your Couchbound Kchunt. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

JERKING9,

You are doing "GREAT!",obliviously quantifying your Retardation...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'll feign my great SURPRISE,that you retreated to Whining and your latent Homoerotic Fantasies,rather than ANYTHING The Rifle. At least you found something you can do in the first hand! Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute",even if it is your Man Lust Fantasies. Hint.

You gals REALLY should combine "forces",to keep it "fair". HINT.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I put little dick on Ignore. He's obviously got some latent homo stuff going on what with his fascination for big guns and all. He's a puny little runt with nothing to offer so just ignore the troll.

The way life should be.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
poopsquish,

Your Imaginary Pretend Ignore is "working" "Great!"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Yet another "slow" day yesterday. Google as you MUST. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Berger 135s if I recall correctly have a G1 of like 650. They say an 8 twist runs them that would be quite the bullet out of a 25-06..

Last edited by ldholton; 09/17/22.
IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I just finished up a 1-7 twist 25/06 on a nula 24b action. Topped with a 3.5-18x44 Swarovski Z5 it weighs right at 6 pounds 5oz. I’m looking forward to shooting 125gr hammer hunters in this rifle. I’m still working up a good load for the hammer hunters but the max looks like 3160fps.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My 25/06 story is a memorable one, and still have the rifle. The year was 1969( or 70) , a model 700 and my Uncle.
I was 11 or 12 and I read the Remington was chambering the 700 rifle in the 25/06 . It had been a wildcat up until that time. ( must of been O.L or S.A.)
My Uncle at that time was my hero, a nuts and bolts hunter , shooter and Handloader and I was so lucky he brought me into his world- just thrilled.
I took the magazine to him, and he honored me by reading it but I expected no more. I certainly didn't really believe he would be interested, he seemed larger than life to me.
Well, he bought the rifle and all the associated do dads to give it a go. War surplus powders, a variety of projectiles and brass( all with 30/06 headstamp/ Dominion), dies etc. Just like any confirmed gun nut of the time.
Eventually, I inherited this rifle.

I used this rifle, his data and Nosler 120 gr Partitions on sheep , goats, Deer, bull moose and bull elk , because of him (after he was gone )....as I aged it seemed a little bit too long and heavy to carry up the slopes.
I always thought I would really like the 25/06 in a single shot, keeping a long tube etc.
I would love to see the article that caused me to go to him about this. My guess it was 1969.
Enjoy your Sunday, folks

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My 25/06 story is a memorable one, and still have the rifle. The year was 1969( or 70) , a model 700 and my Uncle.
I was 11 or 12 and I read the Remington was chambering the 700 rifle in the 25/06 . It had been a wildcat up until that time. ( must of been O.L or S.A.)
My Uncle at that time was my hero, a nuts and bolts hunter , shooter and Handloader and I was so lucky he brought me into his world- just thrilled.
I took the magazine to him, and he honored me by reading it but I expected no more. I certainly didn't really believe he would be interested, he seemed larger than life to me.
Well, he bought the rifle and all the associated do dads to give it a go. War surplus powders, a variety of projectiles and brass( all with 30/06 headstamp/ Dominion), dies etc. Just like any confirmed gun nut of the time.

I used this rifle, his data and Nosler 120 gr Partitions on sheep , goats, Deer, bull moose and bull elk , because of him (after he was gone )....as I aged it seemed a little bit too long and heavy to carry up the slopes.
I always thought I would really like the 25/06 in a single shot, keeping a long tube etc.
I would love to see the article that caused me to go to him about this. My guess it was 1969.
Enjoy your Sunday, folks

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
For all of the 25 06 owners do you find ammo available locally?

Memento mori ( remember you must die) enjoy every day for tomorrow you may not wake

You can always borrow and pay the money back but you can never get the time back

Everyone hunter should own a fine rifle, life is short.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
My Parker Hale Varmint .25/06.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by comerade

Enjoy your Sunday, folks
That,

Is cool.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My favorite 25-06 is a 240 Wby with a 1/8 twist barrel, flinging Berger 115 vld's at 3150 fps..... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Mine is a 77 Tanger with a leupold vari-x III bought for the princely sum of somewhat under $400 or so back in '94. It was my first factory built hunting rifle, taking the place of a Kitchen Kounter Kustom Savage made No4 Mk1. I've not hunted with it in a lot of years, preferring a 7WSM for anything not doable with a 22 lr these days.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The reality is that most shooters aren’t in need of long range high BC bullets.

Pick what works for you.

That said, physics don’t lie and Stick isn’t wrong on his data or the effectiveness of said bullets.

Personally for a 25-06, I’d run a 117 to 120 grain cup and core or a 100 grain all copper.

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, BALLISTIK, BallisticBRYAN, 6mmCreedmoor, 6 invisible), 1,493 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,409
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.