Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
What about sisterfugk Texas?

I am sure they have it bad too.

This thread has been hilarious. A thread about a drunk plowing into a family quickly, predictably, devolves into bicycle bashing. Of course I'll show up to do my part. The thread drifts and photos of bicyclists on the road are served up as proof of how stupid they are and how they are breaking the law. When pressed to describe exactly who the pictured cyclists were affecting, nobody could. No surprise there. My contention is, and the reality is, that bicyclists on the road are the least of any drivers issues and that most of the issues exist in the imagination.

Well, we come to find out that the road the cyclists were on was closed to motor vehicle traffic that day. LOLOLOL. The motorists that were imagined to be impacted weren't even allowed on the road that day. Then those perpetually aggrieved anti-cyclists moved the target to "well, they weren't affecting anyone, but it was a perfect example of the horrors we face behind the wheel every day." LOLOL. I don't need anyone to say "yeah, Paul, you were right" (I know I am) but the manly thing to do is say, "you got us this time Paul." But nope, then it all becomes about "Paul is mean" "Paul is arrogant" "Birdwatcher cucks up to us antis, and Paul won't."

Along the way, I dangled some bait that got hit impressively hard.

Then there is always this value in these discussions. In a forum full of the manliest, toughest, freedom loving people on earth, we learn that they want to suppress a cyclist's legal right to be on the road, and they think we should be scared [bleep] to ride on the road. I kinda get the latter. They do drive after all.
Mike has common sense.

Have you ridden bicycles on the road or studied bicycle safety? If not, you are too ignorant to make that comment. That would be like you jumping into a knitting thread and pronouncing on knitter more common-sensical than another. I hope I am right about you not being a knitting expert.
lmao, I grew up riding bikes, I could take your bike and pull it up into a wheelie and ride it as long as I wanted to. s
Saw my friend get killed when we were 6yrs old because he got off the shoulder on the freeway going to the park and get hit by a car doing 75. You lack common sense.

Let's try a different approach. Go back and read the post that I made with the pic of the remote roadway. In that post I describe how I ride. Specifically what is unsafe, how is it unsafe and what, other than not being on the road to begin with, should I do differently?

I predict that you'll balk at an honest answer.

I suck at wheelies. I am not sure what that has to do with risk mitigation in bicycling.
You shouldn't be in the middle of the lane, someday you're not going to see the car coming up behind you and they're not going to see you.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
lmao, I grew up riding bikes, I could take your bike and pull it up into a wheelie and ride it as long as I wanted to. s
Saw my friend get killed when we were 6yrs old because he got off the shoulder on the freeway going to the park and get hit by a car doing 75. You lack common sense.

Damn Rog.

Ain't heard a wheelie-brag since the 5th grade. You never disappoint.

LOL
well, it's true.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave

Damn Rog.

Ain't heard a wheelie-brag since the 5th grade. You never disappoint.

LOL
well, it's true.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Your walk your dog on the road?

They swerve back and forth across the road.

The fogline is his limit, typically along the shoulder in the grass.
I taught him street smarts when he was just a few months old.

There are many large groups of motorcycle riders that travel the road I live off of, they can be very loud.
You can't see the road from the house but you can hear the bikes and the dog was more than curious of it.

I started walking him out the driveway to the road and we'd sit down and watch the bikes go by. I scolded him of getting near the pavement, we'd sit 20ft back from the road.

When I started walking him down the side of the road on a leash, every time a car or motorbike would come he'd automatically sit down and watch them go by then continue walking.

So that's been his default method of interacting with vehicle's along a roadway ever since.

He's a 'no leash required' dog now. He responds instantly to all voice commands and some sign language I've been training him on.

NO, he doesn't wear spandex, but he wears one of these before sun up and after dark.

[Linked Image from rockhoundoutfitters.com]
[Linked Image from 4.bp.blogspot.com]

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
What about sisterfugk Texas?

I am sure they have it bad too.

This thread has been hilarious. A thread about a drunk plowing into a family quickly, predictably, devolves into bicycle bashing. Of course I'll show up to do my part. The thread drifts and photos of bicyclists on the road are served up as proof of how stupid they are and how they are breaking the law. When pressed to describe exactly who the pictured cyclists were affecting, nobody could. No surprise there. My contention is, and the reality is, that bicyclists on the road are the least of any drivers issues and that most of the issues exist in the imagination.

Well, we come to find out that the road the cyclists were on was closed to motor vehicle traffic that day. LOLOLOL. The motorists that were imagined to be impacted weren't even allowed on the road that day. Then those perpetually aggrieved anti-cyclists moved the target to "well, they weren't affecting anyone, but it was a perfect example of the horrors we face behind the wheel every day." LOLOL. I don't need anyone to say "yeah, Paul, you were right" (I know I am) but the manly thing to do is say, "you got us this time Paul." But nope, then it all becomes about "Paul is mean" "Paul is arrogant" "Birdwatcher cucks up to us antis, and Paul won't."

Along the way, I dangled some bait that got hit impressively hard.

Then there is always this value in these discussions. In a forum full of the manliest, toughest, freedom loving people on earth, we learn that they want to suppress a cyclist's legal right to be on the road, and they think we should be scared [bleep] to ride on the road. I kinda get the latter. They do drive after all.
Mike has common sense.

Have you ridden bicycles on the road or studied bicycle safety? If not, you are too ignorant to make that comment. That would be like you jumping into a knitting thread and pronouncing on knitter more common-sensical than another. I hope I am right about you not being a knitting expert.

Let's try a different approach. Go back and read the post that I made with the pic of the remote roadway. In that post I describe how I ride. Specifically what is unsafe, how is it unsafe and what, other than not being on the road to begin with, should I do differently?

I predict that you'll balk at an honest answer.

I suck at wheelies. I am not sure what that has to do with risk mitigation in bicycling.
You shouldn't be in the middle of the lane, someday you're not going to see the car coming up behind you and they're not going to see you.

It'll probably be a Tesla but we can hope for a Prius, they are both silent.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
But that same driver who isn't paying attention won't hit me with the front right of their car if I am in the right hand part of the lane? Stick to wheelies!

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 09/17/22.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
How many more threads with 12 pages of ambient temperature equine flogging???

Last edited by Muffin; 09/17/22.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Muffin

That's like the chicken or egg question. What came first? The entitled pedo cyclist or the raging motorist?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell

That's like the chicken or egg question. What came first? The entitled pedo cyclist or the raging motorist?

As a pedo, I always come first.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ltppowell

I think I can answer that question............ , they outdate motorists by near 40 years....

Sorry! I was wrong, it was no where near 40 years..... about half that!

https://gothamist.com/news/nycs-first-car-accident-in-1896-involved-a-bicycle

From the article:

"Five reckless riders" on Broadway, two of whom were riding on a tandem bike, were also arrested (arrested!) for "riding faster than the law permits." The report notes that they were "warned by Patrolman Gilles of the bicycle corps, but they paid no attention." Two more cyclists were nabbed for speeding downtown, one at 14th Street and Second Avenue. Magistrate Crane, in addition to fining the men $3, "gave the scorchers a severe lecture."

"Some of you people think that no one has a right in the street but yourselves. I know I have had to run for my life to get out of the way of reckless bicycle riders."

Presumably Magistrate Crane added, "Damn hipsters."

I guess some things really never change smile

Last edited by Muffin; 09/18/22.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You know, I thought a bit about this thread on my ride this morning. I have been remarkably stubborn. I have seen the light. When a dumb drunk gives someone who dares to defy the laws of gross tonnage their due comeuppance, it just serves them right.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...0-years-colorado-wreck-killed-4-rcna8661

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some things never change.

A guy comes on here, stirs the pot a little, then explains exactly how he rides. Safely for him, showing courtesy to motorists, then stirs the pot more.

The nitwits get their panties so bunched they KNOW how it plays, and
take off.

It's never not amusing.

They are so wound up trying to be right and fight, they miss the whole
part where Paul describes decent behavior that most would agree with.
And he describes it in detail, every-damn-thread.

Like watching Groundhog Day.
But not as boring.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You know, I thought a bit about this thread on my ride this morning. I have been remarkably stubborn. I have seen the light. When a dumb drunk gives someone who dares to defy the laws of gross tonnage their due comeuppance, it just serves them right.

That guy wasn't drunk, just incompetent and a coward. He passed two runaway truck ramps on his way down.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

That guy wasn't drunk, just incompetent and a coward. He passed two runaway truck ramps on his way down.

Well that, and the deceased got what they deserve for daring to defy the laws of gross tonnage.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Well that, and the deceased got what they deserve for daring to defy the laws of gross tonnage.
without the spandex factor figured into the equation it’s apples to oranges. Just sain

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
3100 calories burned during my 50 miles of what our resident Richard Flave' Simmons calls non-exercise. Only about 7 miles of it was on public roads. I prefer to ride my very expensive, made in the USA, titanium toy on the highway, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
On my ride I was reminded of yet another hazard of hugging the right. I was passing a rider who was hugging the right. With minimum speed disparity as usual. He was wearing headphones. I got a little closer than normal before announcing "I am easing around your left." It startled him. He veered slightly and his front wheel dropped off the asphalt. Another 2 feet to the right and he was going down the levee embankment. He tried to get back up on the asphalt, but his front wheel was washing out on the edge. He saved it, but there were a couple times he almost ate it.

Hugging the right removes a safety margin.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
On my ride I was reminded of yet another hazard of hugging the right. I was passing a rider who was hugging the right. With minimum speed disparity as usual. He was wearing headphones. I got a little closer than normal before announcing "I am easing around your left." It startled him. He veered slightly and his front wheel dropped off the asphalt. Another 2 feet to the right and he was going down the levee embankment. He tried to get back up on the asphalt, but his front wheel was washing out on the edge. He saved it, but there were a couple times he almost ate it.

traveling home from the north rim Friday.......

must'a been a bike fest.....

Jacob's Lake south to the rim ?? Long ride

Friday.....?

All the fuggin' tourons heaeded to the park ?

Skinny two lane road......NO shoulders

What could go wrong ?

Thought of you Paul

Glad to be home in Podunk away from all the tourons in N AZ

edit......forgot the pic

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by tikkanut; 09/18/22.

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Friday.....?

What could go wrong ?

Thought of you Paul

edit......forgot the pic

You post the best pics brother!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Friday.....?

What could go wrong ?

Thought of you Paul

edit......forgot the pic

You post the best pics brother!

thx......

live close to it all......

southern Utah.......Northern AZ

Next trip planned....................................

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (160user, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,357 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,820
Posts18,477,815
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.