Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
I've owned and deer hunted with a long list of muzzle loading rifles.....

Well, SURELY a picture exists SOMEWHERE of one of these fine guns laying across a turkey or deer.......... ???

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And he doesn't know [bleep] about deer hunting. As much time as he claims he spend turkey hunting, he doesn't have time to know anything else.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just like seeing pics of deer and turkeys with cool guns laying across them.

SURELY you took a picture, Luther ???

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just want to see these classic guns. I photograph all my guns when I get them so I can either schedule them on my insurance or just make a record of ownership. I keep receipts and all manuals and other paperwork that comes with a gun.

When I sold a gun, before the days when all private sales required a background check and FFL transfer, I had the buyer sign a bill of sale and attest to the fact that he could legally purchase the gun, and made a copy of their drivers license. I've kept those for just about every gun I've ever sold, along with the photos of the gun, just in case one shows up at a crime scene.

It's just wise to photograph all your guns, to include the serial numbers.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
I just want to see these classic guns. I photograph all my guns when I get them so I can either schedule them on my insurance or just make a record of ownership. I keep receipts and all manuals and other paperwork that comes with a gun.

When I sold a gun, before the days when all private sales required a background check and FFL transfer, I had the buyer sign a bill of sale and attest to the fact that he could legally purchase the gun, and made a copy of their drivers license. I've kept those for just about every gun I've ever sold, along with the photos of the gun, just in case one shows up at a crime scene.

It's just wise to photograph all your guns, to include the serial numbers.
Oh brother. LOL

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep, I've pretty much got my own gun registry going on. Had a friend at work who sold a gun that turned up a crime scene and he kept zero records. He got hounded by local police and eventually the ATF for months.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
In all the years buying and selling and trading, I 've only been involved in one gun trace. A revolver I had sold on consignment through a gun store showed up in a felony traffic stop. I was contacted by a Sheriff's Department about it wanting to know about it. I scanned and emailed the paperwork on it and never heard another word. I keep some pretty good records myself and glad I did.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
10Glocks

You sound like a city/suburb dweller. Is it federal law now that all private sales have to go through an ffl/background check ? I haven't sold a gun in years, have no plans to do so anytime soon and haven't kept up. Most gun owners I know around here don't take pics of guns unless it's with some dead critter. They tend to not worry about locking them up unless small children are present and often keep them in closets, standing in corners and maybe under the bed. Don't think many worry about writing serial #'s down and I'd have to say they don't seem too worried about theft.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Pre 1898 guns don't have to go through any kind of registry....and Denise I do have some pictures somewhere on a disk but I'm not going through the trouble of trying to prove anything to you or your idiot buddy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a relatively new state law that says private transfers have to go through an FFL and background check. Also, I own a lot of guns and schedule many of them which requires serial numbers. Photos prove condition. I keep records just as a CYA.

IC B3

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Who cares what you do....What kind of drugs are you on ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Eat a cat turd, you faking faker.

By the way, you need drugs to get yourself under control.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
I do have some pictures somewhere on a disk but I'm not going through the trouble of trying to prove anything to you or your idiot buddy.

That's fine, Luther.

Don't go away mad. Just go away. I think I can speak for everyone...........we miss you already.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What LFC knows about muzzleloading and deer hunting would fit in a bee's diqk. The only muzzle he's ever stuffed is the one under his nose.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
What LFC knows about muzzleloading and deer hunting would fit in a bee's diqk. The only muzzle he's ever stuffed is the one under his nose.

According to his pictures.............you just may be right.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here, Luther.

The pictures you're looking for should look something like this.............

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Ring any bells ?? Remember seeing any pics like that laying around ?? Eh, Cupcake ??

I mean............surely a guy with muzzleloaders that cost "9 grande"............and "5 grande" actually KILLED something with them. Right ?? I mean............MINE only cost $330. And I bought it by mistake........ I didn't even WANT a muzzleloader.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I much prefer deer hunting to turkey hunting myself. A lot more meat on a deer, it eats a lot better to me, I can get up to 9 tags a year and always get at least 6-7 and deer mounts/antlers make better wall decorations than turkey beards/tails/spurs. I like to hunt about everything but whitetails are #1 in this house.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Is that an old CVA mountain rifle ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Is that an old CVA mountain rifle ?

Yes, sir.

I've killed more deer with that rifle than any other firearm I own.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice rifle. Is that barrel browned or is it cerakoted? I notice the rod guides are the same color as the barrel.

I sold my Traditions Hawken Woodsman a few months ago to a friend at my club. Sort of kicking myself for that. It shot PRBs like no one's business.

My new-for-this-season sidelock is a Pedersoli Hawken Hunter .50 with a 1:24 inch twist barrel.

The 1:24 shoots sabots like crazy. Hornady 240 grain XTP left at 50 yards, and Hornady SST 300 grain right at 50 yards both over 90 grains of 2Fg.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

But I really got it to shoot heavy lead with it. I tried Hornady Great Plains 385 grain, but I litterally had to hammer it down the barrel. Calipered it later and that bullet measures .511. I've had a heck of a time coming up with a lead load for it. The bore is so damned tight anything over .500 is monumental chore to get to go down. I got a sizing pack from No Excuses bullets and settled on a .500 bullet. I just got two 50-count packs of No Excuses .50 caliber 460 grain .500 diameter bullets delivered yesterday. I've got 100 OxYoke 1/8" thick .54 caliber wads coming. I have 8lbs of Schuetzen 2Fg BP sitting on the shelf behind me. Once I get it sighted in, it will be ready to go.

.501 was so tight going down I had to pull it.

.500 goes down with thumb pressure and rod only.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 09/20/22.
Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (222Sako, 22250rem, 12344mag, 160user, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 50 invisible), 2,015 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,003
Posts18,481,415
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.