-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 81 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 80 81
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is through the written Word that the living Word is revealed. Jesus is the Word. The Word became flesh and lived among us, John 1:14. The inspiration of scripture was Jesus. We know nothing about Jesus apart from the Word, as Jesus reveals Himself through the written Word. The Word of God is powerful and alive and sharper than any two-edged sword, Hebrews 4:12

Knowledge of scripture is how we know God. The Bible is God’s revelation of Himself and His plan for man. It’s a progressive revelation. The Holy Spirit transmits the truth thru revelation. Apart from Jesus, scriptures are God’s greatest blessing to man, John 1:14

The Word says all scripture was inspired by God, John 6:63, from God 1 Thess 2:13, and God-breathed, 2 Tim 3:16-17.

Those who reject scripture have been blinded by Satan, 2 Corinthians 4:4. It’s a dangerous thing to reject scripture, as it is akin to rejecting Jesus.

Last edited by WhiteTail48; 09/19/22.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Lets hope fuqin religin hits the dump it belongs in.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wrapids

I'd be asking God to open your eyes and understanding if I were you. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by SuperCub

I'd be asking God to open your eyes and understanding if I were you. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Which god? If you choose the wrong god you could have everything to lose, for eternity. It's not a flippant decision is it?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
With regards to the OP/article, I see this as great news. I would hate to think that our country/culture/society was going down the crapper like it is with Christianity on the rise. There is no doubt in my mind that the deterioration we see in American life is directly correlated to our diminishing faith in God; in addition, many who profess to be Christian have become useful idiots to the Left. All we need is a spiritual revival to get back on the right path. Alas, I fear that the critical mass needed for this may no longer exist, although it is heartening to see so much faith and biblical knowledge here on the Campfire.

I've not read all of the rest of the thread, so I'll just say that it all boils down to what you are going to do with the resurrection. Are you going to write off the eyewitnesses of that event as liars or lunatics and dismiss it? Or are you going to accept their accounts as the truth, and therefore see that God exists? It has to be one or the other, doesn't it? After that, you can quibble over details of theology all you want, or quibble over Big Bangs, geologic time, evolution and so on. But the the resurrection has to be dealt with, one way or the other, some time or another. It was, I believe, the key event in all of history.

100% agree....

Illegitimi non carborundum

IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
It hasn't been shown that a God exists.

Likewise, it has not been proven that God does not exist.

To consider the wonders of this world and night sky and think it was all made by accident would be a huge leap of misplaced faith, far more than that of a Christian who places his faith in God. The godless will do, say and believe anything to deny God. It is in our human nature to hate and deny God. We humans cannot change our nature. If God does not change that within us, we have no hope.

Without evidence, justification is an issue. Believing anyway, without evidence for social, cultural or personal reasons, becomes a matter of faith.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
Big bang is BS. What went bang? Where did the matter come from to begin with? Atheists have faith that there is no God. I have faith there is a God. If they are right, I guess I missed out on some things. If I’m right, they spend eternity in hell. How much of a gambler are you?
Evidence and not making assumptions is the key. There is evidence of an expanding universe. If we don't know something, why assume God did it?
What would you call the Uncaused Cause?
Has someone besides theists made a claim for uncaused cause?
Physicists who subscribe to the Big Bang theory.
Theists assume God - whatever that is supposed to be - to be the uncaused cause.
I'm asking you what you call it.

Which physicists make a claim to know the origin of the universe or that time had a beginning? Who are they?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by krp
There's a reason Jesus didn't write anything and he made man aware of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is our true minister, our communication with God. We can not move forward spiritually without severing the physical, there is no physical path to God, that's man's mistake thinking there is. It doesn't affect God he's patient and understanding, it affects our relationships with each other while here.

Kent

I’m aware of this view and would say that I travelled a good way down that path. The problem that I found was no matter how hard I tried to transcend or ascend I couldn’t. I could find no objective measure to indicate that my efforts were successful.

I’m curious to know what you have seen or experienced in your life that gives you objectivity regarding spiritual progress (growth?) through severing the physical.

You don't transcend or become something different than you are, you already exist as body and spirit... you become aware. I see in others different levels of awareness and there's nothing wrong with that. I see in Christ a full awareness we will never experience in the body, understandably. When our physical body dies and we transcend and ascend to just our spiritual existence, that is severing the physical.

There is nothing physical or worldly we can do to achieve salvation or full spirituality besides death, I also believe there is nothing physical or worldly we can do to be denied salvation. If you wish to hold on to this world so tight your spiritual relationship with God and your fellow man is dampened, your life is less full, more disappointing.

I've known I have another existence inside myself from my first memories, even without a name, some people don't become aware for awhile, other's at death.

I'm not going to write a book on the spirit within, folks can just look inside and find it for themselves.

Kent

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

To consider the wonders of this world and night sky and think it was all made by accident would be a huge leap of misplaced faith, far more than that of a Christian who places his faith in God. The godless will do, say and believe anything to deny God. It is in our human nature to hate and deny God. We humans cannot change our nature. If God does not change that within us, we have no hope.

Without evidence, justification is an issue. Believing anyway, without evidence for social, cultural or personal reasons, becomes a matter of faith.

No amount of evidence will ever change your view. Every atheist/unbeliever deep down knows God exists. God has manifested Himself to all. You obviously have chosen to reject God. So be it.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

No amount of evidence will ever change your view. Every atheist/unbeliever deep down knows God exists. God has manifested Himself to all. You obviously have chosen to reject God. So be it.
Believe whatever you are willing, but please stop yapping about it.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by antlers
What do you fellas here think are the causes for the ongoing decline of Christianity in particular in this country…?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/christia...come-minority-religion-decades-study.amp

The Bible explains why in great detail.

To the OP ignorance is the single biggest reason for empty pews. The Bible does explain it in great detail.

I don't believe Christianity is in decline It's starting to come to America from the mission fields that traveled from her ages ago.

Good luck and shoot straight y'all

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Believe whatever you are willing, but please stop yapping about it.

Who dragged you to this thread or did you come on your own accord? Leave if you don't like the "yapping".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

The irony is that you think you have a choice in what you believe. As I previously said, it is our human nature to deny and hate God. You don't have a choice here.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You obviously have chosen to reject God. So be it.

You obviously have chosen to reject the other thousands of gods. You're almost a complete atheist - only one more god to go.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

I am arguing for evidence as justification, that evidence is necessary whenever we are sorting fact from fiction, so to say to that 'you would not be convinced by any amount of evidence' is absurd.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

The irony is that you think you have a choice in what you believe. As I previously said, it is our human nature to deny and hate God. You don't have a choice here.

I said nothing about choice.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
You all know what I believe.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

It hasn't been shown the Big Bang is science, based on the number evolutionary scientists who reject it. It hasn't been shown that evolution is science based on the number of Ph.D. scientists who reject it. We all live and work from faith. Some admit it others don't.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

It hasn't been shown the Big Bang is science, based on the number evolutionary scientists who reject it. It hasn't been shown that evolution is science based on the number of Ph.D. scientists who reject it. We all live and work from faith. Some admit it others don't.

Some use ignorance and lies to try and justify or validate their faith.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Of course it's based on evidence and science. You can check the evidence for yourself, examine the work. You may question the evidence and if you are able to falsify the theory, you'll become world famous and your name will go down in history.

Page 10 of 81 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,319 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,033
Posts18,500,605
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.