Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Woodsman1991
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
What a lame derailment by grown ups acting like children. OP, Sorry your post went sideways.

Just curious, why are those your 2 options? IMO, there are better, more reliable choices. Why not start this over by indicating your budget and intended usage? Then maybe you might get some good recommendations.

Agreed, wish we had an option to ban people from threads that we create. Maybe Rick could do that to help cut down on the clutter, as there are some VERY useful people posting here but a (few) couple folks really detract from the site.

As to my goals, I wanted to stay under $600 shipped to get something to go on a varmint and target practice rifle. I've got three rifles that it may go on, a 223, a 6mm rem, and a Cz 527 in 204 ruger. Shots to 500 yards at most realistically. I have very little experience shooting beyond 200 yards but from what I've played around with so far I know that I enjoy good glass with ability to zoom in enough to see hits at distance. I'm wanting to get enough practice in this year to extend my comfortable game and varmint shots to 300, maybe 400 yards. This means lots of practice out to 500 yards minimum. Plus I'm generally enjoying the challenge of learning to read the wind and account for it. I've got the Midas Tac 6-24 on order currently but I'd still welcome suggestions going forward. I enjoy reading from those who have knowledge and are willing to share it without jamming it down others throats as "gospel".

Helpful information there. Given what you just stated, I’m even more convinced the Trijicon Credo is what you want. Pretty close to your price range, there’s a Credo HX in moa 4-16x50 on sale for $699 now. Or the same Credo in mils for $599. It’s reliable, has excellent glass, and tracks properly. It’s a great deal for the Europtic price currently. Nothing else touches it at the price, imo. It’s a far better choice than any current Leupold or Athlon.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 09/20/22.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Woodsman1991
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
What a lame derailment by grown ups acting like children. OP, Sorry your post went sideways.

Just curious, why are those your 2 options? IMO, there are better, more reliable choices. Why not start this over by indicating your budget and intended usage? Then maybe you might get some good recommendations.

Agreed, wish we had an option to ban people from threads that we create. Maybe Rick could do that to help cut down on the clutter, as there are some VERY useful people posting here but a (few) couple folks really detract from the site.

As to my goals, I wanted to stay under $600 shipped to get something to go on a varmint and target practice rifle. I've got three rifles that it may go on, a 223, a 6mm rem, and a Cz 527 in 204 ruger. Shots to 500 yards at most realistically. I have very little experience shooting beyond 200 yards but from what I've played around with so far I know that I enjoy good glass with ability to zoom in enough to see hits at distance. I'm wanting to get enough practice in this year to extend my comfortable game and varmint shots to 300, maybe 400 yards. This means lots of practice out to 500 yards minimum. Plus I'm generally enjoying the challenge of learning to read the wind and account for it. I've got the Midas Tac 6-24 on order currently but I'd still welcome suggestions going forward. I enjoy reading from those who have knowledge and are willing to share it without jamming it down others throats as "gospel".

You've spent more time bitching about the sidebars than has been spent on the sidebars. Harden the fugk up and buy the Credo.

Buying Chinese scopes is dumb.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Also if you are looking at Chicom scopes i suggest you look at the Arkens. ATM you can get a Arken SH4 GenII for about $315 with rings. It will hold its own against the Midas anyday of the week. Its main drawback is weight. Its a monster of a scope.

Use code NSF$170 to get the Combo pack for a total of $315 for the 4-16 and $325 for the 6-24
https://www.arkenopticsusa.com/sh4-gen2-4-16x50mm-ffp-moa-vpr
https://www.arkenopticsusa.com/sh4-gen2-6-24x50mm-ffp-moa-vpr

If i had $600 to blow though....I would be all over that Credo. I cant think of anything that will touch it for the price accept maybe a SWFA SS 3-15x42 but those wont have illumination which is a deal breaker for me in FFP for hunting. Guys have beat them Credos to death and they keep going and going and going.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Overkill45
Also if you are looking at Chicom scopes i suggest you look at the Arkens. ATM you can get a Arken SH4 GenII for about $315 with rings. It will hold its own against the Midas anyday of the week. Its main drawback is weight. Its a monster of a scope.

Use code NSF$170 to get the Combo pack for a total of $315 for the 4-16 and $325 for the 6-24
https://www.arkenopticsusa.com/sh4-gen2-4-16x50mm-ffp-moa-vpr
https://www.arkenopticsusa.com/sh4-gen2-6-24x50mm-ffp-moa-vpr

If i had $600 to blow though....I would be all over that Credo. I cant think of anything that will touch it for the price accept maybe a SWFA SS 3-15x42 but those wont have illumination which is a deal breaker for me in FFP for hunting. Guys have beat them Credos to death and they keep going and going and going.

I know a dealer in Az, that really likes the Arken. A friend of mine just bought one of the combos. We will see how it goes. He thinks that they are real comparable to the Midas.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (257 mag, 7887mm08, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 15 invisible), 1,588 guests, and 876 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,504
Posts18,490,610
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.