Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 81 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 80 81
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well I'm not going to be here in 2045 so I won't have to see it...

but I feel poorly for the future of our nation and our way of life..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by DBT
It hasn't been shown that a God exists.

Likewise, it has not been proven that God does not exist.

To consider the wonders of this world and night sky and think it was all made by accident would be a huge leap of misplaced faith, far more than that of a Christian who places his faith in God. The godless will do, say and believe anything to deny God. It is in our human nature to hate and deny God. We humans cannot change our nature. If God does not change that within us, we have no hope.

Without evidence, justification is an issue. Believing anyway, without evidence for social, cultural or personal reasons, becomes a matter of faith.

No amount of evidence will ever change your view. Every atheist/unbeliever deep down knows God exists. God has manifested Himself to all. You obviously have chosen to reject God. So be it.

It hasn't been shown the Big Bang is science, based on the number evolutionary scientists who reject it. It hasn't been shown that evolution is science based on the number of Ph.D. scientists who reject it. We all live and work from faith. Some admit it others don't.

Originally Posted by elkmtb
the big bang theory is equivalent to detonating a nuclear bomb in a junk yard and getting a new fully stocked Lexus dealership out of it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
''the big bang theory is equivalent to detonating a nuclear bomb in a junk yard and getting a new fully stocked Lexus dealership out of it.''

Nothing of the sort. It's not an analogy. Basic science, logic and reason, physics, chemistry, cosmology, etc, will tell you why.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
''the big bang theory is equivalent to detonating a nuclear bomb in a junk yard and getting a new fully stocked Lexus dealership out of it.''
Nothing of the sort. It's not an analogy. Basic science, logic and reason, physics, chemistry, cosmology, etc, will tell you why.
Where did all that basic science, logic and reason, physics, chemistry, cosmology, etc come from? Why is it the way it is?

Politics is War by Other Means
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Here's the facts gents.. smile

https://creationtruth.org/about/

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Greenhorn

Amen. Only a complete FOOL believes otherwise.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by DBT
Where did all that basic science, logic and reason, physics, chemistry, cosmology, etc come from? Why is it the way it is?
Because, it is the only way it can be.

Laws of Physics make some things possible. Other things not. If the proper parameters had not been met, we would not be here to ask about it..

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think it's the only way you can imagine it. There's no definitive proof that a different physical order is impossible.

Politics is War by Other Means
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Ringman
It hasn't been shown the Big Bang is science, based on the number evolutionary scientists who reject it. It hasn't been shown that evolution is science based on the number of Ph.D. scientists who reject it. We all live and work from faith. Some admit it others don't.
Rich, tell us more of these Ph.D scientists whom have rejected evolution.

Do they reject that the many species of Darwin's Galapagos finches had a common ancestor? Or a line of transition as they migrated from island to island?

Do they deny the evolution of wolves into poddles, labrador retrievers, and great danes?

Do they deny the many and varied species of cichlid fishes across several continents have a common ancestor?

How do they explain the proliferation of species upon the Earth over the last 66 million years since the great Cretaceous Extinction Event left almost 80% of Earth species intantaneously extinct?

How do they explain the plethora of marsupials in Australia, and the absence of any mammals?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
>>>>From DBT
I am arguing for evidence as justification, that evidence is necessary whenever we are sorting fact from fiction, so to say to that 'you would not be convinced by any amount of evidence' is absurd.<<<<

Do you really mean you need evidence as a justification or proof?

Evidence comes in varying degrees of quality. An eyewitness who can testify to someone’s general height, weight, and body frame can deliver evidence, but not like an eyewitness who can testify that the person involved is definitely his brother-in-law. The latter may serve as proof, where the former couldn’t. Either way it’s still evidence.

The Bible itself is evidence of Christianity and the existence of God: Is Christianity more likely to be true, given the existence of the Bible? Of course! Obviously the existence of the Bible, on its own and without close inspection of its contents, doesn’t come anywhere near providing proof. It’s still evidence, on any normal understanding of the term and I chose to believe the evidence in the Christian Bible.

Last edited by Raspy; 09/20/22. Reason: spelling

Illegitimi non carborundum

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Did it really take 6 days, or did we evolve from monkey fish frogs?

All those FOOLS that believe monkey fish frogs - may you be eternally damned to a fiery hole in the earth and be whipped by Satan himself forever.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Raspy
>>>>From DBT
I am arguing for evidence as justification, that evidence is necessary whenever we are sorting fact from fiction, so to say to that 'you would not be convinced by any amount of evidence' is absurd.<<<<

Do you really mean you need evidence as a justification or proof?

Evidence comes in varying degrees of quality. An eyewitness who can testify to someone’s general height, weight, and body frame can deliver evidence, but not like an eyewitness who can testify that the person involved is definitely his brother-in-law. The latter may serve as proof, where the former couldn’t. Either way it’s still evidence.

The Bible itself is evidence of Christianity and the existence of God: Is Christianity more likely to be true, given the existence of the Bible? Of course! Obviously the existence of the Bible, on its own and without close inspection of its contents, doesn’t come anywhere near providing proof. It’s still evidence, on any normal understanding of the term and I chose to believe the evidence in the Christian Bible.

Harry Potter and Spiderman are real - just look at all the "evidence".

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by DBT

Laws of Physics make some things possible. Other things not. If the proper parameters had not been met, we would not be here to ask about it..

The laws of physics as we know them could very well be as primitive as stone tools, and the Bible was man conceived.

The very scope of understanding here is about one atom above nil.

How is this universe the only universe? Why does it need to be infinite?

Simple, there are no doubt infinite universes that we could detect and the same with universes we can't. It's possible, or maybe probable, that our universe was created by a blip within another universe or series of universes reacting coincidentally, in tandem, or connectedly.

Time is also beyond our comprehension in the same way as tangible universes.

It's presumptuous of us puny humans to explain all that exists with a 2,000 year old book or physics as we understand it.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
There is no doubt that there is still much to be learned about the universe, the physical world, and even Physics itself, as well as Biology and Biochemistry.

Still subsequent discoveries do not typically negate what went before. Quantum Physics does not negate Newtonian Physics. One supplements the other.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by DBT

The laws are descriptive, not prescriptive - they describe how things are but don't dictate how things are meant to be.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Greenhorn

Amen. Only a complete FOOL believes otherwise.

That's ironic.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

'Why' is the question. We don't know, therefore God is not the answer, it's an assumption. We don"t know is the answer.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Where did the Universe come from?

God made it!

Where did God come from?

Man invented God, again and again, in about a million different forms, over many millennia.

So, again, where did the Universe come from?

Who knows?

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some folks believe that they know. Which is not the same as knowing.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Some folks believe that they know. Which is not the same as knowing.

You just described yourself, this mauser clown, and all the other atheists to a "T". Congrats.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 11 of 81 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 57 invisible), 2,458 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,159
Posts18,502,978
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.