Hop To
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by copperking81
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Does anyone honestly remember the last time the Democrats negotiated and gave up on an issue to work with "our" side??

I dont either.

I make this point all the time. The left never concedes or compromises. And why should they? Half our side is made of a candies like the op and geezerganger. They can't stand the thought of winning.

I wish we could trade our eunuchs for the lefts ideological guard. They're warriors who never give up.

The way I read it is the OP was talking about winning the election if you followed all he said.

I also read you are an idiot who can't follow a lame mule.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by gsganzer
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by granitestate1
It does not matter if you are for it or against it, it isn't a fundamental right.
Succinct, and SPOT ON...
This

It isn't a fundamental right to control your own spawn?? Whether illegitimate, rape, incest, health of the mother or viability of the fetus due to defects??

I disagree brother.
Even Ruth Ginsberg admitted that there was no Constitutional right to abortion. Which amendment do believe provides a US mandated Federal right to abortion?

I never said there was a constitutional right to abortion. I think the SC did the right thing by putting it back to the states to decide. There's nothing "constitutional" about it.

However, the original question was if the SC's decision would blunt the "Red Wave". I believe it will, but only because it's now ripped this issue wide open and the nut job extremes of each party are now using it to energize "single issue" voters. Based on the slightly larger general population sentiment that abortion should be a decision between a woman, her doctor and her family, (with a reasonable and compassionate set of restrictions for those born and unborn). Politics should stay out of it.

I believe it will galvanize a slight rise in votes against the Republicans. It doesn't help that many of the conservative states have had "trigger laws" based on a reversal of the SC's original ruling.

I was all on board with the TX abortion restrictions prior to the latest changes. The latest changes are knocking on the door of a defacto ban and don't allow a woman, her doctor and her family to make an informed decision in a medically reasonable window of time.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by efw
It does not matter if you are for it or against it, it isn't a fundamental right.
Succinct, and SPOT ON...
This

It isn't a fundamental right to control your own spawn?? Whether illegitimate, rape, incest, health of the mother or viability of the fetus due to defects??

I disagree brother.

“Control your own spawn”

Wow.

Ok how about this. “Control your own spawn”… that is, whether your children are allowed to live or die, is in your hands. Or… pants? Keep yer Dick to yourself and you’ll be fine. I know it’s hard (see what I did there?) but it works 100% of the time and no infanticide is necessary.

If we can agree on that, we can talk about the extremely exceptional instances of rape, incest, and health of the mother.

Can we agree on that?

I don't know why I keep letting myself get sucked into this quagmire of a topic but it's probably because I feel the need to stand up for my two daughters.

It's real simple to say "keep your willie in your pants". While I certainly don't believe abortion should be a form of birth control, here's some facts on birth control and you might understand it's not just "extreme pregnancies". You can religiously practice birth control (see what I did there?), but birth control, in it's most popular forms, has from a 6% to 28% failure rate resulting in pregnancies over the course of use in a year. Effectiveness of Birth Control I'll help you with the math, that's 6- 28 instances of pregnancy per 100 people using the most popular forms of birth control.

Most of us believe in a reasonable set of "medically guided" rules around abortion that take into account compassion for those born and unborn. The previously agreed upon viability of life at 15-16 weeks was a medically agreed upon term. The latest TX ruling of 6 weeks IMO and of the medical community is not, and was meant as a defacto ban on abortion.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw
Succinct, and SPOT ON...
This

I disagree brother.

“Control your own spawn”

Wow.

Ok how about this. “Control your own spawn”… that is, whether your children are allowed to live or die, is in your hands. Or… pants? Keep yer Dick to yourself and you’ll be fine. I know it’s hard (see what I did there?) but it works 100% of the time and no infanticide is necessary.

If we can agree on that, we can talk about the extremely exceptional instances of rape, incest, and health of the mother.

Can we agree on that?

I don't know why I keep letting myself get sucked into this quagmire of a topic but it's probably because I feel the need to stand up for my two daughters.

It's real simple to say "keep your willie in your pants". While I certainly don't believe abortion should be a form of birth control, here's some facts on birth control and you might understand it's not just "extreme pregnancies". You can religiously practice birth control (see what I did there?), but birth control, in it's most popular forms, has from a 6% to 28% failure rate resulting in pregnancies over the course of use in a year. Effectiveness of Birth Control I'll help you with the math, that's 6- 28 instances of pregnancy per 100 people using the most popular forms of birth control.

Most of us believe in a reasonable set of "medically guided" rules around abortion that take into account compassion for those born and unborn. The previously agreed upon viability of life at 15-16 weeks was a medically agreed upon term. The latest TX ruling of 6 weeks IMO and of the medical community is not, and was meant as a defacto ban on abortion.
I call BS on that statistic. It sounds like a statistic that the pro abortion crowd would put out. I’ve had 100% unplanned pregnancies with the woman that I have been with just by pulling out. If birth control had a failure rate any where near as high as you suggest nearly every woman in America would have 3-6 unplanned children over a lifetime plus the planned ones.

As a man if I get a woman pregnant I live with the child support, moral obligations of being a father, and the potential strain and court/friend of court and baby mama drama. I don’t get to chooses a compassionate abortion because it’s something that I’d rather not deal with.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
More "votes" came in than ever before, in the last inselection.

Focus on the "votes", not the voters, if ya wanna have a chance.

IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
So you don’t think abortion should be used as birth control except when birth control fails and then it’s ok… and that’s standing up for your daughters?

A) all my kids… planned & unplanned… are precious to me. The sacrifices I’ve made for them made me a better person and that is true of everyone I’ve known. If a person is so selfish that they just gotta get off with no “danger” of an unwanted pregnancy, they’d do the world a favor getting chemically castrated

B) impulse control is difficult… but killing children cuz you’re too horny? Seriously?

C) up until this “right” to kill children was invented out of thin air, a most basic premise of western Justice was the fact that it is inherently wrong to hold the child responsible for the sins of his/her parents

D) the underlying “right” behind the sexual revolution, that we ought to be able to use technology to deliver us from consequences that are built into nature itself is the root of all of our societal ills today.

We aren’t able, never have been able, and never will be able to thwart nature that way and the hope or belief that we will leaves us envious, entitled, and empty.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by efw
Succinct, and SPOT ON...
This

I disagree brother.

“Control your own spawn”

Wow.

Can we agree on that?

With respect,

That’s a load of horseshît. Any chick that wants to whore around and not get pregnant can do it pretty easily. And the failure stats on an iud or other measures sure as hell aren’t 28%

Im speaking from the position of the father of a teenage girl, and the brother of 2 sisters. Kids do stupid shît. Regardless what values you instill in them. Sometimes actions result in consequences that they thought were statistically unlikely.

Last edited by BillyGoatGruff; 09/20/22.

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by efw
So you don’t think abortion should be used as birth control except when birth control fails and then it’s ok… and that’s standing up for your daughters?

A) all my kids… planned & unplanned… are precious to me. The sacrifices I’ve made for them made me a better person and that is true of everyone I’ve known. If a person is so selfish that they just gotta get off with no “danger” of an unwanted pregnancy, they’d do the world a favor getting chemically castrated

B) impulse control is difficult… but killing children cuz you’re too horny? Seriously?

C) up until this “right” to kill children was invented out of thin air, a most basic premise of western Justice was the fact that it is inherently wrong to hold the child responsible for the sins of his/her parents

D) the underlying “right” behind the sexual revolution, that we ought to be able to use technology to deliver us from consequences that are built into nature itself is the root of all of our societal ills today.

We aren’t able, never have been able, and never will be able to thwart nature that way and the hope or belief that we will leaves us envious, entitled, and empty.

Well said

MAGA
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by efw
Succinct, and SPOT ON...
This

I disagree brother.

“Control your own spawn”

Wow.

Can we agree on that?

I call BS on that statistic. It sounds like a statistic that the pro abortion crowd would put out. I’ve had 100% unplanned pregnancies with the woman that I have been with just by pulling out. If birth control had a failure rate any where near as high as you suggest nearly every woman in America would have 3-6 unplanned children over a lifetime plus the planned ones.

As a man if I get a woman pregnant I live with the child support, moral obligations of being a father, and the potential strain and court/friend of court and baby mama drama. I don’t get to chooses a compassionate abortion because it’s something that I’d rather not deal with.

I suspect your problem is low sperm count. You should get it checked.

I'm just a man of facts, those statistics match up with more I researched from many, many sources. It's a fact. Inconvenient and crappy, but we sometimes have unwanted pregnancies. I here many on here lament about a certain ethnicity wishing we'd grant more abortions. That isn't right either.

I'm glad your wife hasn't had any. Really glad. But at what point is a pregnancy a child? I don't buy the point of conception.

Last edited by gsganzer; 09/20/22.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by efw

No, the point of abortion control and the agreed upon laws is to decide when a life is a life and where that line is drawn. If you think it begins upon conception, the medical reality says otherwise. That's why we pass laws that find that common ground we can all agree upon. That's why we negotiate with facts and science that guide us. It doesn't please all of us, but science never does.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw
Succinct, and SPOT ON...
This

I disagree brother.

“Control your own spawn”

Wow.

Can we agree on that?

I suspect your problem is low sperm count. You should get it checked.

I'm just a man of facts, those statistics match up with more I researched from many, many sources. It's a fact. Inconvenient and crappy, but we sometimes have unwanted pregnancies. I here many on here lament about a certain ethnicity wishing we'd grant more abortions. That isn't right either.

I'm glad your wife hasn't had any. Really glad. But at what point is a pregnancy a child? I don't buy the point of conception.
Whoa now! I never had a problem producing children when I haven’t pulled out!

A 28% failure rate for birth control is horse chit! The size of the typical family should be enough to prove that. How many children do you have? With a 28% failure rate you should have a whole slew of children unless your wife or gf was running to the abortion clinic frequently.

You seem bitter and are hiding behind your daughters and fake stats.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
No, the point of abortion control and the agreed upon laws is to decide when a life is a life and where that line is drawn. If you think it begins upon conception, the medical reality says otherwise. That's why we pass laws that find that common ground we can all agree upon. That's why we negotiate with facts and science that guide us. It doesn't please all of us, but science never does.

Please cite specific studies that support the claimed objectivity of your arbitrary number.

The fact is science can’t even define life, much less pinpoint when it begins. If human life has value that transcends the conveniences of those in power over it, then it seems to me to be worth taking extra care.

This is a significant measure of a society and it’s members; to what extent it supports and encourages sacrifice now in the best interest of posterity.

We have fallen far, far short and the further we stray from that guiding principle the worse things get. You can see it right before your eyes in all of our affairs.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So you guys seem to be inferring, that the right for sexual irresponsibility is more important to the American public,
than the nation being ran into the ground by the liberal left in their effort to destroy and rewrite the very fabric and foundation of our nation?

This entire country is lost, if that is the top burning issue on the minds of the American public. Sexual irresponsibility holds precedence over all other issues concerning the country.

We truly live in a nation of idiots...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
So you guys seem to be inferring, that the right for sexual irresponsibility is more important to the American public,
than the nation being ran into the ground by the liberal left in their effort to destroy and rewrite the very fabric and foundation of our nation?

This entire country is lost, if that is the top burning issue on the minds of the American public. Sexual irresponsibility holds precedence over all other issues concerning the country.

Right on, but you have to understand we live in a nation full of brainwashed idiots sad but true.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

Yeah exactly.

Our appetites rule us in all areas of the culture. Sexual obsession is just a microcosm of the broader cultural rot.

The republic crumbles while we spend our time and resources getting our rocks off.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
If a majority of our nation supports the killing of our most vulnerable then we deserve the terrible leadership of the left and the hard times it will bring upon us. It'll have to get much worse before it gets better. Most Americans are idiots enjoying the comfort the sacrifices of those before us offer them. It will take another great depression to wake most people up.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw

Yeah exactly.

Our appetites rule us in all areas of the culture. Sexual obsession is just a microcosm of the broader cultural rot.

The republic crumbles while we spend our time and resources getting our rocks off.
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
If a majority of our nation supports the killing of our most vulnerable then we deserve the terrible leadership of the left and the hard times it will bring upon us. It'll have to get much worse before it gets better. Most Americans are idiots enjoying the comfort the sacrifices of those before us offer them. It will take another great depression to wake most people up.

Bb

Yet the vast majority will never admit they have been part of the downfall. I can and I will, and I claim my responsibility.

There IS a way out...but owning responsibility has to happen first. But that ain't happening and the beat goes on.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 3,029 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,618
Posts18,533,005
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.