Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 81 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 80 81
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There is only 1 Jesus and that DOES matter. Salvation requires belief that Jesus died and rose from the dead and that he is God himself. Of all the names on that drawing, ONLY Christianity believes that. The rest are false. God gives every single person a chance to choose Jesus. We aren't told how, only that he does. If they don't repent, they're hell bound. All those other religions are keeping them from salvation, not bringing them to it.
But what about all those billions that never had the chance to even hear about Jesus? They are just shoved off into the abyss to suffer for eternity?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by DBT
Something that is true and factual, by definition, is true and factual regardless of what you, or I, or anyone believes or disbelieves.
Who would it then be that determines that the "something" is true and factual?

Nobody can choose something to be objectively true or false.
If this were to be true, who can make such a choice?

Does 'Allah' exist because millions of Muslims 'choose' to believe in the existence of Allah?
Why not? Where would Allah exist - in what realm - determined by whom?

Truths are demonstrable and testable, faith is neither.

How are you going to demonstrate and test history? One-off events by definition cannot be replicated and tested. Things happened in the past that are TRUE and we have to assess for ourselves what actually happened and what the implications are for us today; and people will differ in their assessments. In the Declaration of Independence it says that "We hold these truths to be self-evident..."; do you disagree with that assertion? I guess you do disagree, since the assertion that all men are created equal cannot be demonstrated or tested. No, the truths spoken of were the assertions (beliefs) of the founders, and they were based on their religious, mostly Christian, faith and their assessment of the human condition.

Faith, being a belief in something that is un-seen, un-demonstrable, and un-testable is an essential part of human nature. Just because some things can be seen, demonstrated, and tested doesn't mean everything has to be, in order to be true.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
There is only 1 Jesus and that DOES matter. Salvation requires belief that Jesus died and rose from the dead and that he is God himself. Of all the names on that drawing, ONLY Christianity believes that. The rest are false. God gives every single person a chance to choose Jesus. We aren't told how, only that he does. If they don't repent, they're hell bound. All those other religions are keeping them from salvation, not bringing them to it.
But what about all those billions that never had the chance to even hear about Jesus? They are just shoved off into the abyss to suffer for eternity?

Once again.....you must have missed it the first time....

Everyone will have a chance, then the judging is up to God. If you understood the character of God, you wouldn't really have to ask that question.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by krp
There is only one God and the names don't matter.

Kent
That is the Masonic Heresy.
Really? Says who?
St. Paul says so and it is repeatedly stated throughout the New & Old Testament. https://www.openbible.info/topics/god_is_a_jealous_god

Another term for this heresy is "indifferentism".
It's easily proved to be heresy. First proof is that if any religion/worship is fine and all are fine, then the lack of worship is equally valid. Second proof is all the religions that it includes, such as the worship of Baal or the ancient American worship of Huitzilopochtli and other blood thirsty gods that demanded a constant stream of human sacrifice, which is objectively evil.

Politics is War by Other Means
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Romans 1:18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Islam, Judaism, and Christianity all originate from the covenant with Abraham. The God they worship is the same one with different names assigned and differing beliefs about the nature of the prophet Jesus.

To describe Jesus as a mere profit is to put Him on the same level as mankind.

Islam and Judaism, might do that to varying degrees, but a true Christian would never do that.

John:Chapter 1

1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
14. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Please read what I said.

BTW, everyone gets a chance. You got yours right here. You can't stand before God and say you never heard because you've been told here on the fire. Will you get another chance?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
DBT wrote
>>>>Belief alone cannot be used to establish the truth of what is being believed. It's a fallacy called ''begging the question.''

Raspy wrote
***I disagree, as for me there is a lot of evidence regarding God The Bible…no proof but a lot of evidence.***

DBT wrote
>>>>If the word 'truth' represents the facts of the world, all the things of the world and how they work, it takes more than just belief to establish truth, it takes verifiable, testable evidence.<<<<

Raspy wrote
***I believe we are discussing Faith in God of the Bible/afterlife…not facts of the world***

DBT wrote
>>>>Belief is easy, anyone can believe anything and call it 'truth,' because that suits their needs. But that's not how reality works, where things may not be as we would like.<<<<

Raspy wrote
***You may be correct, I’ll give you that, but we are discussing Faith regarding God the Bible and an afterlife….there is enough evidence, that it really strengthens our Christian Faith....I/we believe God the Bible is true, not facts of the world, but regarding faith and God The Bible.***

Illegitimi non carborundum

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I wonder what happens to all those billions of souls scattered all over the earth that never got to read about Jesus, never heard of him, and sure never saw him. They didn't know about God's son and didn't have the opportunity to accept or reject him. That is a problem.

Everyone will have a chance, then the judging is up to God. If you understood the character of God, you wouldn't really have to ask that question.

Right!! ..... Who are we to question God?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I do not think God will condemn people simply for being born in the wrong century on the wrong continent.....I believe God will judge all people according to their works, and according to the desire of their hearts.

Illegitimi non carborundum

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Raspy

I do not think God will condemn people simply for being born in the wrong century on the wrong continent.....I believe God will judge all people according to their works, and according to the desire of their hearts.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you statement, but once we say "I don't think God ......", we are in deep trouble.

We as humans tend to believe those things that we like being controlled by our emotions. We are weak minded and cannot be trusted.

Jeremiah 17:9 ESV

9 The heart is deceitful above all things,
and desperately sick;
who can understand it?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Raspy

I think so too. That is why I avoid Paul's epistles. As 2nd Peter advises, Paul is hard to understand and people use his words to their own destruction.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You should try to understand what you can and leave the rest to God.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I avoid Paul's epistles. As 2nd Peter advises, Paul is hard to understand and people use his words to their own destruction.
So you avoid sections of the Bible that don't fit into your narrative?

Paul wrote the bulk of what orthodox Christianity uses for doctrine and you ignore it? Have you ever read Romans what what Paul says about the state of sinful humanity and about the grace of God that saves us?

I'd be very careful about what I discounted in the Word, esp the NT.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I avoid Paul's epistles. As 2nd Peter advises, Paul is hard to understand and people use his words to their own destruction.
Paul wrote the bulk of what orthodox Christianity uses for doctrine and you ignore it? Have you ever read Romans what what Paul says about the state of sinful humanity and about the grace of God that saves us?
Well now, both Jesus and paul vouched for the Old Testament when they talked about scripture because there was no New Testament at the time. I mostly like to rely on Jesus' word when I find a dichotomy between him and Paul. And I always remember the New Testament was in enemy hands when it was codified. I am pretty sure Jesus' message got through. And he did warn that many would come in his name.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by DBT
Something that is true and factual, by definition, is true and factual regardless of what you, or I, or anyone believes or disbelieves.
Who would it then be that determines that the "something" is true and factual?

Nobody can choose something to be objectively true or false.
If this were to be true, who can make such a choice?

Does 'Allah' exist because millions of Muslims 'choose' to believe in the existence of Allah?
Why not? Where would Allah exist - in what realm - determined by whom?
Truths are demonstrable and testable, faith is neither.
As usual, you quote that trite mantra. But, your quote answers none of the above questions. Are you avoiding the realities? Maybe DBT would like to answer the questions about his statements?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I mostly like to rely on Jesus' word when I find a dichotomy between him and Paul.
It's not either/or, it's both. There are no contradictions. There are only things we fail to grasp.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well now, both Jesus and paul vouched for the Old Testament when they talked about scripture because there was no New Testament at the time. I mostly like to rely on Jesus' word when I find a dichotomy between him and Paul. And I always remember the New Testament was in enemy hands when it was codified. I am pretty sure Jesus' message got through. And he did warn that many would come in his name.

Jesus was referring to false prophets when He gave that warning. I don't think I've ever heard anyone allude to Paul as a false prophet, esp after how God brought him into the faith. He was in fact the greatest apostle that lived, taught and wrote for our benefit.

You might want to read the last words in Revelation and the Bible how we are instructed not to add to or take away from the word of God.

You are on very dangerous ground.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Jesus was referring to false prophets when He gave that warning. I don't think I've ever heard anyone allude to Paul as a false prophet, esp after how God brought him into the faith. He was in fact the greatest apostle that lived, taught and wrote for our benefit.

You might want to read the last words in Revelation and the Bible how we are instructed not to add to or take away from the word of God.

You are on very dangerous ground.

Rejecting Paul is rejecting Jesus. Paul was specifically chosen by God to become the light to the Gentiles after the Jews rejected Jesus, Acts 13:47-48.

The risen Lord commissioned Paul to be the leader of a new revelation, the Church (the Body of Christ). The doctrine of the Body of Christ is unique to Paul. Those who criticize Paul are not Christians. To criticize Paul is to criticize Jesus.

God has blinded many who continue (to this day and on this forum) to reject Paul’s teachings,
2 Corinthians 4:4.

Rejecting Paul is:
dismissing the New Testament except for Matthew and Jude; rejecting salvation; rejecting all church doctrine; rejecting Christianity; and worst of all, rejecting Jesus.

Those who do so are cursed and will end up in the Lake of Fire for their unbelief and stubborn refusal to believe, according to scripture.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is Christianity falling out of favor? Possibly.
God has always had a remnant, bank on it. Did not Jesus say if the world hates me it will hate you also. My faith is not in statistics or internet threads, Jesus only.

Romans 5:1
Page 15 of 81 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,044
Posts18,500,842
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.