Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Firecontrolman
Curious on how you end up that far under the rear trailer tires, I’m around coal hauling tractor/trailers constantly.
Originally Posted by reivertom
I wouldn't be surprised if cell phone was involved.
Texting.
That's the main reason my bicycle doesn't get used hardly ever any more. Too many distracted azzwipes on the road, who can't even notice other vehicles, let alone somebody on 2 wheels. I've almost been nailed by some of those distracted drivers a few times and it seems they are always looking at their phone or something else other than the road.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Firecontrolman
Curious on how you end up that far under the rear trailer tires, I’m around coal hauling tractor/trailers constantly.
Originally Posted by reivertom
I wouldn't be surprised if cell phone was involved.
Texting.
That's the main reason my bicycle doesn't get used hardly ever any more. Too many distracted azzwipes on the road, who can't even notice other vehicles, let alone somebody on 2 wheels. I've almost been nailed by some of those distracted drivers a few times and it seems they are always looking at their phone or something else other than the road.
Every near miss and 4 way stop standoff in the last 6 or 7 years has been due to cell phones......at least in my experience. Just yesterday I had to honk at truck sitting through a green light like an idiot.

Last edited by reivertom; 09/22/22.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
On the first day I ever drove an 18 wheeler alone I saw six people dead in two wrecks. First was a 53’ flatbed loaded with rebar that had run into the back of another tractor trailer pulling out of the rest stop. The rebar had gone through the cab and was sticking in the back for the trailer in front. Driver was skewered. To top it off the tractor burned with his body skewered in the seat. Brutal ! Later I hit I4 and 5mph traffic. Finally got to the problem. Single minivan crash. As I come up ont the scene I see three little sheets strung along the median and then to adult sheets. Van was demolished with all the doors gone. I have no idea how fast they were going but the debris field was strung along hundreds of yards. Probably a family headed to Disney World. I also hit three dogs that day. I like dogs and that really sucked ! I haven’t hit a dog or any animal in years. Just a crazy first day driving.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Around here it is truck driver's pulling out in front of people and dumb added on cell phone's

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
On the first day I ever drove an 18 wheeler alone I saw six people dead in two wrecks. First was a 53’ flatbed loaded with rebar that had run into the back of another tractor trailer pulling out of the rest stop. The rebar had gone through the cab and was sticking in the back for the trailer in front. Driver was skewered. To top it off the tractor burned with his body skewered in the seat. Brutal ! Later I hit I4 and 5mph traffic. Finally got to the problem. Single minivan crash. As I come up ont the scene I see three little sheets strung along the median and then to adult sheets. Van was demolished with all the doors gone. I have no idea how fast they were going but the debris field was strung along hundreds of yards. Probably a family headed to Disney World. I also hit three dogs that day. I like dogs and that really sucked ! I haven’t hit a dog or any animal in years. Just a crazy first day driving.

I hope you didn't buy a lottery ticket that day.........

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Maybe you dude

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
A Simi ran me into the left emergency lane in Tallahassee last week. Damn near hit the guard rail missing his tractor when he decided to come on over. Nothing worse than getting stuck behind two 18 wheelers drag racing with governor's. A 18 wheeler has no business being in the left lane.

Life is good live it while you can.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
near Clarence on macon co. on 36? was my route to one on our farms. Looks like a J4 (fatality)

FJB
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Have a stretch of highway between rural and town that is so full of dumbass drivers on highway 61 that it is a gambit. Ruan truck drivers contracted by HNI by Lisa Wagner and the dumb ass worker's

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by tikkanut
I can't imagine some of the schhidt you see on our American highways daily
Odd that there's not more given how needlessly wreckless people are.

drivers needlessly die every day no matter where

Most are related to speeding......distracted..........or DUI

All these can be corrected

Just opening KSL news.....every day some one or other are kilt.......needlessly in most cases

https://www.ksl.com/article/50481102/1-dead-1-critical-after-crash-in-logan

better add Canada to that particulary in winter

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
My son in law owns a wrecker business. Cell phone are the best thing that ever happened for his bottom line.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just another day on the road.

Once had a southbound car go past me doing about 50 mph while I was northbound on hwy 97 along Kalamalka Lake north of Kelowna. BC.

The unusual part is that it was about 6 ft off the ground and upside down.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
A Simi ran me into the left emergency lane in Tallahassee last week. Damn near hit the guard rail missing his tractor when he decided to come on over. Nothing worse than getting stuck behind two 18 wheelers drag racing with governor's. A 18 wheeler has no business being in the left lane.

Yawn.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Yes sir. Thank you for posting.

RIP Marie.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 09/22/22.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

Yawn.
For sure.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
In other news. Today in Texas. That's pretty severe.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
Nice.
It was quick.

--- Kid Rock 2022

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maserati vs semi

This happened in Oct of 2020.

Last edited by CRS; 09/23/22.

Arcus Venator
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

236 members (308xray, 2ndwind, 35WhelenNut, 30Gibbs, 338Rules, 33 invisible), 2,078 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,613
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.