Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Dutch
Just a public service announcement as far as the “prescription required” nonsense they will throw at you to justify charging you five times to ten times the going rate.

First: any oxygen you buy from any company comes from the same fill plant. The only difference is that the “medical oxygen” comes with a form that says what the purity level is. When I get oxygen delivered to the farm, that truck just delivered to the hospital. Industrial is the same stuff as medical. Get you an industrial “K” bottle (tell ‘‘em you need it for your welder) to keep at home for backup. Should be about a $100 bill, and it holds about 7,000 liters when full, enough to keep you at 2 lpm for over 48 hrs in case of equipment failure or power outage and can be replaced at any welding supply house.

Second, you don’t need a “medical grade” oxygen concentrator: again, the “non medical grade” ones are the same, produce the same % oxygen, just without the paper trail. At a fraction of the cost, and none of the hassle.

The whole thing is a racket, like insurance rates for windshields.

I have a K bottle in the shop. I would not breathe anything that came out of those bottles. When I go to get a refill. I see the way they are handled and filled. In order to get Department of Labor to pay for mine, I must have doctor submit a form of Medical Necessity to get it approved and I must do it every year. They pay 100%. The medical grade concentrators and bottles are sterilize before delivered. Shop grade are not.

Self medicating with O2 can be as dangerous as self medicating with other drugs

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just a public service announcement as far as the “prescription required” nonsense they will throw at you to justify charging you five times to ten times the going rate.

First: any oxygen you buy from any company comes from the same fill plant. The only difference is that the “medical oxygen” comes with a form that says what the purity level is. When I get oxygen delivered to the farm, that truck just delivered to the hospital. Industrial is the same stuff as medical. Get you an industrial “K” bottle (tell ‘‘em you need it for your welder) to keep at home for backup. Should be about a $100 bill, and it holds about 7,000 liters when full, enough to keep you at 2 lpm for over 48 hrs in case of equipment failure or power outage and can be replaced at any welding supply house.

Second, you don’t need a “medical grade” oxygen concentrator: again, the “non medical grade” ones are the same, produce the same % oxygen, just without the paper trail. At a fraction of the cost, and none of the hassle.

There are complications with attempting that.

Late one night, about a year back Jim Conrad was trying to make his welding tanks work in a emergency situation, he had a broken regulator and a guy running out of Oxygen.

It didn't pan out, best I recall there was a intentional lack of thread compatibility and his welding regulator couldn't be adjusted to what was needed for medical use.

Maybe Jim will chime in with the details...

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/16940383/re-up-at-5-00#Post16940383

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"(AKAsparky) Did you get that regulator ordered?

(Jim Conrad) Yes I did. If nothing else, I will be able to use a big bottle off my cutting rig if and when the Hospital doesn't help."

That sounds like he got it worked out.

The medical and industrial incompatibility is a scam to charge people 10 times the actual worth. There's a million ignorant regulations of that type in use in this country.

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by saddlesore

I have a K bottle in the shop. I would not breathe anything that came out of those bottles. When I go to get a refill. I see the way they are handled and filled. In order to get Department of Labor to pay for mine, I must have doctor submit a form of Medical Necessity to get it approved and I must do it every year. They pay 100%. The medical grade concentrators and bottles are sterilize before delivered. Shop grade are not.

Self medicating with O2 can be as dangerous as self medicating with other drugs

If you're not bright enough to do the math for correct mixture - you're existence isn't helping the human race as a whole.

As for sterilization - LOLOLOLOLOL - who sterilizes the air you breathe when you're outside or in your car?

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Geno67
If you're not bright enough to do the math for correct mixture - you're existence isn't helping the human race as a whole.

As for sterilization - LOLOLOLOLOL - who sterilizes the air you breathe when you're outside or in your car?

I am bright enough to know what oxygen to use and it sure as hell is not welding grade. It isn't the oxygen that is sterilized it is the equipment and bottles dumb $hit. I don't bring crap into my house that some 15 an hour scum has handled. My lungs are crapped up by breathing a whole lot of crap I didn't have a choice to. As for not helping the human race,you can kiss my a$$. This forum is full of ignorant low lifes like yourself that never contribute anything useful. I have no doubt if you needed oxygen ,you would stick the cutting torch in your mouth and turn on the regulator.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Try walking by somebody's O2 concentrator machine and firing off a stinky fart. That's probably more hazardous than breathing a little welding oxygen. If a welding tank all that was available and the need was extreme, damn right I'd be using it!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Try walking by somebody's O2 concentrator machine and firing off a stinky fart. That's probably more hazardous than breathing a little welding oxygen. If a welding tank all that was available and the need was extreme, damn right I'd be using it!
Yes if all that was available. I have to use O2 all night. Hard to drag big bottle up to the house and up a flight of stairs. I have big bottle in the basement and 100ft of hose if power goes out.Good for about 3 days.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Hahaha

Hey geno67

Saddle oxford sally has many of us on Ignore.

YOURE NEXT MISTER !!!

seal the deal and tell him Miss Lynn is a lot lizard

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Have had nighttime concentrator for 10 years, Medicare pays almost all.

COVID damage now has me on one on days at high altitude. Nice rechargeable battery unit. Again Medicare pays most.

What's all the drama about ?

Power failure ? Mine plugs in car/truck cig lighter.

As with most things, KISS is the answer.

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the man come and take you away
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by Geno67

I am bright enough to know what oxygen to use and it sure as hell is not welding grade. It isn't the oxygen that is sterilized it is the equipment and bottles dumb $hit. I don't bring crap into my house that some 15 an hour scum has handled. My lungs are crapped up by breathing a whole lot of crap I didn't have a choice to. As for not helping the human race,you can kiss my a$$. This forum is full of ignorant low lifes like yourself that never contribute anything useful. I have no doubt if you needed oxygen ,you would stick the cutting torch in your mouth and turn on the regulator.

You do realize - EVERY SINGLE THING YOU BUY ANYWHERE - has been handled by some 15 dollar an hour as you call them "scum". Thank you for making my point. I hope you don't reproduce.

Originally Posted by slumlord
Hahaha

Hey geno67

Saddle oxford sally has many of us on Ignore.

YOURE NEXT MISTER !!!

seal the deal and tell him Miss Lynn is a lot lizard

What a moron. I bet his neighbors lose iq points every time they speak with him. At least his air is sanitized or purified or whatever the hell he was saying. I have no idea how you go about doing that but.... to each his own.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 204guy, 1941USMC, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,890
Posts18,518,307
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.