Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Guessing that at her age and weight she's gonna turn out to be a 40 pounder. Anyone agree?
Closer to 220 I'd guess. .
Sams little pup?

She don't look like she's part mastiff.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Guessing that at her age and weight she's gonna turn out to be a 40 pounder. Anyone agree?
Sams little pup?

No, the chick.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
Who cares.

Several miles into a wilderness area?

It isn’t the fault of the shooter and I’m pretty disappointed in people here who have suggested it is.

Whoever let their dog roam that way is the responsible party. If someone just let a dozen dogs loose back there they need to have their butt in a sling socially and legally not the shooter.
Agreed. If this same dog ate lead because it was running a deer, everyone here would be applauding.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Taking it upon one's self to shoot someone else's pet, or livestock, because you don't like it's present location may not be prudent in all situations and jurisdictions.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
One was running deer, one came running to me when I was opening a gate. Keep your dog on your property or on a leash, it's your responsibility as a pet owner. I'm not putting up with someone's animals causing me grief on my property.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Taking it upon one's self to shoot someone else's pet, or livestock, because you don't like it's present location may not be prudent in all situations and jurisdictions.

Certainly. There are ways of going about things properly.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by efw
Who cares.

Several miles into a wilderness area?

It isn’t the fault of the shooter and I’m pretty disappointed in people here who have suggested it is.

Whoever let their dog roam that way is the responsible party. If someone just let a dozen dogs loose back there they need to have their butt in a sling socially and legally not the shooter.
Agreed. If this same dog ate lead because it was running a deer, everyone here would be applauding.
I don't care if a dog is running deer I won't shoot them for that. In fact it's illegal to do so here. Very rarely will a dog catch a deer or run it to exhaustion or death.. You can legally shoot them for harassing or killing livestock.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Owners who let any domestic predator run wild should not be surprised when it ends up shot.

Back in my Ute, almost every woodchuck hunt resulted in killing one or more feral cats.

Some were bigger that BobCats.

Many wild dog packs were culled during deer season.

Just 4 legged versions of Jambonies in the inner city,

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the man come and take you away
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's no worse than this 'elk' shot in MT by a hunter from NY a few years ago.

[Linked Image from bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by UpThePole
Owners who let any domestic predator run wild should not be surprised when it ends up shot.

Back in my Ute, almost every woodchuck hunt resulted in killing one or more feral cats.

Yeah right.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Stupid mistake but dumped dogs running free in the woods get shot. Dogs running free in the yard get shot. Keep your pets under control at all times. I might try and see if I can find an owner if the dog has a collar and looks very well cared for. Other than that it’s toast.

Ever consider taking them to the pound? did it ever occur to you the dog got loose by mistake? you are a piece of schit if you shoot dogs

Pounds in the Missoula area are full and often won’t take in anymore, especially a whole litter or so I have been told. I am guessing it is the same up in the Flathead?

To the thread in general: I despise folks dumping dogs and have seen it a few times over the years. I have shot some, but only after seeing them several times and they’re either obviously feral or they’re constantly chasing livestock/wildlife.

If I can catch them and they look even relatively well cared for, I will try to find the owner and take them to a vet to see if they’re microchipped. I am a dog lover but only give them so many chances before they catch a bullet.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sams little pup?

No, the chick.
Yeah,

she could prolly throw you a good one though.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Yeah right.

What, you've never seen a "domestic predator?"

We used to have one, he was relentless. Golden retriever, patrolled the premises and if he ever so much as got wind of a stray hot dog or ice cream cone, it was toast.

Little kids with hot dogs or ice cream cones were kind of a specialty for him. Snatch the goods right out of their grubby little fingers.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Stupid mistake but dumped dogs running free in the woods get shot. Dogs running free in the yard get shot. Keep your pets under control at all times. I might try and see if I can find an owner if the dog has a collar and looks very well cared for. Other than that it’s toast.

Ever consider taking them to the pound? did it ever occur to you the dog got loose by mistake? you are a piece of schit if you shoot dogs

Pounds in the Missoula area are full and often won’t take in anymore, especially a whole litter or so I have been told. I am guessing it is the same up in the Flathead?

To the thread in general: I despise folks dumping dogs and have seen it a few times over the years. I have shot some, but only after seeing them several times and they’re either obviously feral or they’re constantly chasing livestock/wildlife.

If I can catch them and they look even relatively well cared for, I will try to find the owner and take them to a vet to see if they’re microchipped. I am a dog lover but only give them so many chances before they catch a bullet.

I honestly do not know if the pound up here is full.
Your solution sounds good and reasonable.
I am not for never shooting a dog. At times it's appropriate.
It should never be the first and only solution!!!!

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole

Yeah right.

We used to have one, he was relentless. Golden retriever, patrolled the premises and if he ever so much as got wind of a stray hot dog or ice cream cone, it was toast.

Little kids with hot dogs or ice cream cones were kind of a specialty for him. Snatch the goods right out of their grubby little fingers.

Alpha..... no doubt

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It should never be the first and only solution!!!!

👍

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Daughter's farmer boyfriend has takin in four feral dogs in the last several months, using three to guard equipment now in some very remote and isolated property. The other one he made a pet which absolutely adores dear daughter. Well all the dogs love her, the messican workers and other people not so much I'm told.

This one likes chasing down rabbits and bringing them back prizes.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Yeah right.

He may have been just indicating a lack of belief in anything Larry Root says.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yeah right.

He may have been just indicating a lack of belief in anything Larry Root says.

Nah. Wonder if Rene is indicating that UpThePole idiot is just another Maser / NoElkSlayer/ Jason Cardenas sock puppet.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/29/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I don't care if a dog is running deer I won't shoot them for that. In fact it's illegal to do so here. Very rarely will a dog catch a deer or run it to exhaustion or death.. You can legally shoot them for harassing or killing livestock.
Several years ago there were 3 dogs frequenting my place that killed every fawn born that year. To understand the problem I would have to show you an aerial photo or take you for a ride around. There are 70 acres adjoining me that has about 7 or 8 trailer houses of black folks that have dogs which used to run amok, they were bad dogs. One of the 3 dogs was a big solid black and I have never seen a dog that could chase a deer that fast. He had 2 white dog companions almost as fast that would come in behind him. One day after carrying my rifle all day looking for him to show up I finally climbed up in a box stand at about 4:30 to try for a deer. A doe came streaking through at top speed, then the black dog so fast I couldn't get a shot. I had been trying to get a shot on him for a month after getting lots of pictures and finding several half eaten fawns. I called the state trapper for advice. He told be to set a big Conibear body grip trap with the trigger on bottom and to tie some red raw meat to the trigger which is what I did, and I had him the next morning dead as a hammer. Then I caught one of the white ones and the other was put into captivity by the owners.

As for that Husky the girl killed. They are bad dogs out in the country also. My neighbor to the north had 2 calves killed by a mama Husky/Pit hybrid and her 4 big pups about 8 to 10 months old. He made the mistake of complaining to the keeper of the dogs and was rebuffed. He went and climbed up in a nearby box blind and when they returned he shot the mama dog first and then shot all 4 of the young dogs.

Dogs will certainly kill deer and calves. I think for the most part we have convinced the black folks their dogs ain't comin' home if they come our way. We bought our place with our own money to raise cattle and hunt not to provide entertainment and beef and venison for bad dogs.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (beefan, 300_savage, BangPop, 907brass, 7 invisible), 1,455 guests, and 867 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,589
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.