Print Thread
Hop To
Page 34 of 81 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 80 81
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good friend Brisco, there was no time before Jesus. Remember the Fourth Man in the Fire?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Good friend Brisco, there was no time before Jesus. Remember the Fourth Man in the Fire?

Or the 'ONE' that visited Abraham and then Lot.....

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
And, us!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
So when Jesus spoke of the spirit he really meant a man, not the Holy Spirit.

Kent

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by krp
Nobody has doctrine right or ever will... not Adam or Moses or David or Paul, you, me or anyone else. If there are 4 billion christians in this world there are 4,000,000,001 different 'doctrines'.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but in depth study of theology doesn't get you closer to true doctrine than a 4 year old singing 'Jesus loves me this I know'... actually it takes you away.

Theology for self growth is fine if that helps you. But few can keep it there, they have invested so much time and effort, they can't help but defend their 'doctrine' publicly... sway, challenge, debate, judge others by it.

Just find your own place with God, let others find theirs.

Kent

To the extent that you’re saying that our efforts to proper understanding of God & His W/word can tempt us toward ungodly pride I’d say amen that is true.

The flip side of that is the ironic point and I’m not “dunking on you” here but the fact is you’re doing exactly what you say is so bad about others.

You’re judging, you’re universalizing your experience and telling everyone else what’s right based upon your experience and opinions. Sounds to me like you’re literally doing everything you say others are guilty of.

My point here isn’t that I’m right and you’re wrong, but that there is no way to get around a certain (evil) pride against which we must pray because we’re fallen men.

So we can’t shrug and say “thanks for your special revelation Lord but when I study it I’m tempted to pride” and “so I’ll remain ignorant like a child”.

Christ wasn’t instructing us to remain ignorant, but to come with empty hands, “nothing in my hands I bring; simply to thy cross I cling”. The cross has a meaning; “Jesus loves me; this I know” has a meaning.

We all know that the definition of “love” in our culture is perverted… I’m sure that’s one thing we agree on. So vocabulary and definitions matter deeply.

This is my prayer for all of us whether people agree with me or not. That they would know the risen Lord and what His definition of love is… not mine or yours or the cultures.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness

Jesus was there from the beginning. He created it all and brought life and light to us.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by IZH27
I’d suggest studying Christ's discussion of the Law and Prophets. This may be the best place to start for anyone who has studied but questions.

Jesus clearly states that the Law and Prophets were written about Him. That has been lost on the majority of us because of the Dispensational Heresy which erases
Christ as coming savior/God-man from the text.

To say that the New Testament is an invention of Constantine is intellectually and factually without warrant and is also a mechanism to erase the divinity of Christ.

The New Testament is a continued revelation of Christ, incarnate God, the One promised to come to take away sin and bring life. There is no life outside of Christ. He and He alone is the narrow door that you have spoken of.

I've heard some say: The OT is the Gospel concealed, the NT the Gospel revealed...........

Yes. But this truth is very under represented

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I am going to investigate Jews for Jesus to see what they say. I'm about done with the Christianity that descended from Constantine's (Catholic)version that ruled the western world by terror and force.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Hastings
John 14:6 Jesus "I am the way the truth and the life"

Paul "but there is a lot of stuff Jesus forgot to tell you in his 3 years, but he told me"

Jesus, in preaching the Law to Israel of that day, was not teaching them to follow the Law to be saved.
In His own words he was preaching the law to them and hiding the truth so that they were condemned. Hard truth but truth none the less.

Jesus preached Grace to those whose hearts were opened to hear. He preached law to those condemned by unbelief.

Paul and Jesus preached the same message.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Isaiah 53 is fairly revealing and it was written 7 centuries before Christ.

Truth. Christ was not sent as an example of how to keep the law but as an answer to our inability to keep the law. I’m grateful for that.

IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I am going to investigate Jews for Jesus to see what they say. I'm about done with the Christianity that descended from Constantine's (Catholic)version that ruled the western world by terror and force.

The whole point of Christianity is that man is fallen and unable to live up to “religion”.

If you’re looking to get away from hypocrisy you’ll have to escape people, not just post-Constantine Christianity.

Christ had to come because no one was ever going to be delivered by following law. We must be forgiven and given righteousness by God Himself.

You’ll be disappointed no matter where you turn if you’re looking for religious consistency.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

It’s worth noting that the Book of Galatians was written to address the very bad idea of Messianic Christianity. That book will be a good counter point to consider in relation to your studies.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Nobody has doctrine right or ever will... not Adam or Moses or David or Paul, you, me or anyone else. If there are 4 billion christians in this world there are 4,000,000,001 different 'doctrines'.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but in depth study of theology doesn't get you closer to true doctrine than a 4 year old singing 'Jesus loves me this I know'... actually it takes you away.

Theology for self growth is fine if that helps you. But few can keep it there, they have invested so much time and effort, they can't help but defend their 'doctrine' publicly... sway, challenge, debate, judge others by it.

Kent

You post this as an absolute. Are you absolutely sure you're correct. How could you defend your position?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

You post this as an absolute. Are you absolutely sure you're correct. How could you defend your position?

There was only one perfect person so only one perfect doctrine, we can't replicate that perfect life or that doctrine. It's also not necessary to be perfect or understand perfectly. Jesus left us enough life examples of being saved in faith without theology.

Kent

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by krp
There was only one perfect person so only one perfect doctrine, we can't replicate that perfect life or that doctrine. It's also not necessary to be perfect or understand perfectly. Jesus left us enough life examples of being saved in faith without theology.

Kent

There can be no doubt that grace can and indeed MUST cover over heterodoxy… if it can’t or won’t there is no hope for me or anyone else.

On the other hand the statement “Jesus left us enough life examples of being saved in faith without theology.” Is itself a theological statement, given the fact that theology means “knowledge of God”.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
theology thē-ŏl′ə-jē

noun

The study of the nature of God and religious truth; rational inquiry into religious questions.

A system or school of opinions concerning God and religious questions.

A course of specialized religious study usually at a college or seminary.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Theology literally translated means the study or knowledge of God.

You claim to be quite a learned man so I find it surprising that you don’t know that?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by efw

You claim to be quite a learned man so I find it surprising that you don’t know that?

Why do you continue to project chit on me I never claimed... I've had to unlearn.

Kent

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by efw

Why do you continue to project chit on me I never claimed... I've had to unlearn.

Kent

Did you not say that you studied a great deal and found the exercise empty?

Why do you insist upon being obtuse?

Did you not know the literal Greek translation of the word?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by efw

Kent

Did you not say that you studied a great deal and found the exercise empty?

Why do you insist upon being obtuse?

Did you not know the literal Greek translation of the word?

No, No, and Yes.

Do you claim to have perfect knowledge of God, Theological perfection.

And am I wrong that Jesus gave us life examples of being saved in faith with no theological knowledge? Which I was referring to.

Kent

Page 34 of 81 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 55 invisible), 2,325 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,042
Posts18,500,794
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.