Hop To
Page 38 of 81 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 80 81
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by DBT
Nobody argues over the existence of the sun, moon, stars, oceans, rivers, plants, animals, etc, yet debates over things supernatural are endless .....now, I wonder why that is? wink
I think that is because Atheists, Agnostics, and Believers in a super natural power have no real explanation of where all this matter and energy originated other than we now know there was a beginning eons ago and there is no rational explanation other than a super natural power.

The correct answer is: we don't know.

And the rational thing to do is refrain from making up or adopting explanations because they may be appealing and/or they offer an impression of having answers where there are no actual answers or explanations.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by IZH27
The man that demands empirical evidence for the existence of God is dishonest in his demand. Dishonest because there are uncountable things that he witnesses every day and knows to be true that are impossible to prove with empirical evidence.

Really? So god created everything real but can't provide any real evidence to prove it? That's strange, from what everyone claims about him/her/it, he/she/it should have no problem doing so.

Do you get this worked up about everything that you can’t define through empirical data?

Maybe you could give us empirical evidence of your existence.

I live in the real world. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I respond on forum threads, therefore I am.

Without empirical evidence there is no way that we know that you are.

Please provide us with empirical evidence. Name. Address.profession. Work address. We need to verify your existence. Otherwise you seen nothing more than 0’s and 1’s.

Last edited by IZH27; 10/04/22.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Nobody argues over the existence of the sun, moon, stars, oceans, rivers, plants, animals, etc, yet debates over things supernatural are endless .....now, I wonder why that is? wink
I think that is because Atheists, Agnostics, and Believers in a super natural power have no real explanation of where all this matter and energy originated other than we now know there was a beginning eons ago and there is no rational explanation other than a super natural power.

And the rational thing to do is refrain from making up or adopting explanations because they may be appealing and/or they offer an impression of having answers where there are no actual answers or explanations.

It’s interesting that you are accusing those with whom you disagree of confirmation bias yet so called scientists, who are in many cases nothing more than practitioners of scientism, practice confirmation bias on a regular basis.
It is a dishonest argument.

Only part of the observable world can meet your criteria of empirical data confirmation. I don’t believe that you are a moron nor do you appear to be mentally retarded. You obviously have an ax to grind with Christians and against Christianity. Do you grind that same ax against Buddhists, Muslims, Christian scientists, Mormons, Watchtower Society?

Well. Hells bells. Why am I asking you these questions since I cannot confirm that you are a person and actually exist? For all we know you are a bot being driven by an advanced algorithm, a covert plant hired to disrupt or maybe a sock puppet. It is interesting that Mauser and DBT usually turn up at the same time tag teaming on the religious threads.

NAH. You’re just the pigment of our imaginations.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Like clockwork, these two atheists just can’t help themselves and show up every single time, like moths drawn to a flame. What could be their motivation in jumping into a thread about God, who they claim doesn’t exist. Why are they so drawn to a belief system they totally disagree with.

Is it because they think they have won the debate just by showing up, or is it extreme arrogance, or is it because they are unsure of their own belief system? Strange indeed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
What could be their motivation in jumping into a thread about God, who they claim doesn’t exist? Why are they so drawn to a belief system they totally disagree with?

Here is your answer, esp vs 17 & 18.

Romans 3:10-18 It's the condition of unregenerate humanity.

10 As it is written: There is none righteous, no, not one;
11 There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God.
12 They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one.
13 Their throat is an open tomb; With their tongues they have practiced deceit”; “The poison of asps is under their lips”;
14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness.
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways;
17 And the way of peace they have not known.
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
I haven't been able to post for a while, so please bear with me as I catch up a bit with my thoughts on what's been discussed. First, a bit of house keeping to tend to:

mauserand9mm and his ilk seem to think history began on the day they were born.

Not at all. You think it began 6,000ish years ago?

Do you think it fast-forwarded past the events in Jerusalem some 2,000 years ago?

Of course not, thats a stupid thing to say.

I was meaning that there was a fairy tale started a while back that indicated that the world was about that old. It contained a whole bunch of other crazy ass shit too, including some events in the area and timeframe that you mention.

I knew exactly what you were trying to say; my response was rhetorical, and I think you know that.

You seize on the question of creationism so that you have an excuse to ignore the evidence of the resurrection. You repeat the "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" mantra despite the extraordinary evidence presented. But, you weren't there with Thomas to see it for yourself; so therefore in your mind it didn't happen. Thus my statement of history beginning with your arrival on the scene. And round and round we go.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You seize on the question of creationism so that you have an excuse to ignore the evidence of the resurrection. You repeat the "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" mantra despite the extraordinary evidence presented. But, you weren't there with Thomas to see it for yourself; so therefore in your mind it didn't happen.
Really great post There_Ya_Go. Again. Thanks for it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
As long as there's anew crop of Catholic Girls as described by Frank Zappa coming around on the reg, Christianity will be fine.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

It’s interesting that you are accusing those with whom you disagree of confirmation bias yet so called scientists, who are in many cases nothing more than practitioners of scientism, practice confirmation bias on a regular basis.

Only part of the observable world can meet your criteria of empirical data confirmation. I don’t believe that you are a moron nor do you appear to be mentally retarded. You obviously have an ax to grind with Christians and against Christianity. Do you grind that same ax against Buddhists, Muslims, Christian scientists, Mormons, Watchtower Society?

Well. Hells bells. Why am I asking you these questions since I cannot confirm that you are a person and actually exist? For all we know you are a bot being driven by an advanced algorithm, a covert plant hired to disrupt or maybe a sock puppet. It is interesting that Mauser and DBT usually turn up at the same time tag teaming on the religious threads.

Ha...good one....

I think our 2 Atheists are trying to duct tape morality onto their nihilism and have it be rational. They are doing it to feel good and to appear normal instead of wearing their nihilism (Relentless negativity or cynicism suggesting an absence of values or beliefs) openly. But their faked morality is not even close to the morality of us Christians……we go against their self-interest because we imitate the self-sacrificial love of Christ, who gave himself as a ransom to save others. That makes no sense to the Atheist worldview, as this life is all the atheist have, and there is no afterlife where their actions are in the context of a relationship with that self-sacrificial Son of God. In any case, free will doesn’t exist to them, so that means no moral choices… These are the common sense implications of atheist first principles…no free will, no right and wrong, no life after death.

Illegitimi non carborundum

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The man that demands empirical evidence for the existence of God is dishonest in his demand. Dishonest because there are uncountable things that he witnesses every day and knows to be true that are impossible to prove with empirical evidence.

Really? So god created everything real but can't provide any real evidence to prove it? That's strange, from what everyone claims about him/her/it, he/she/it should have no problem doing so.

Do you get this worked up about everything that you can’t define through empirical data?

Please provide us with empirical evidence. Name. Address.profession. Work address. We need to verify your existence. Otherwise you seen nothing more than 0’s and 1’s.

Well I could do that and people could even verify it.

Interesting point you raised, even a bot has more substance than god.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Like clockwork, these two atheists just can’t help themselves and show up every single time, like moths drawn to a flame. What could be their motivation in jumping into a thread about God, who they claim doesn’t exist. Why are they so drawn to a belief system they totally disagree with.

Is it because they think they have won the debate just by showing up, or is it extreme arrogance, or is it because they are unsure of their own belief system? Strange indeed.

Just responding to the OPs original question, and helping to identify those issues that drive people away from Christianity. Percieved persecution is another undesirable trait that comes to mind.

Well?
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

I demand that you tell me who and what you are. I demand that you give me exacting evidence per my criteria of who what you are. You have no right to reveal to me who you think you are with criteria that you determine. You are under the highest in strongest obligation to meet my demands because I place those demands on you.

From now on Mauser is known as “ Random Data”. DBT is now known as “Half Byte”. Atheist superhero and sidekick. Together the collective conceptualization of the two thoughts are no more significant than imaginary metaphorical Loftstrand crutches for the mentally disabled.

You will remain so until you meet my demand for evidence of your existence and until I find satisfaction with the evidence provided. If I am not satisfied with the evidence that you provide, I will demand more and different evidence. You are without identity, NPC binary and nothing else.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Well, your statement could be true or false depending on “the light.”

Followers of Christ know the correct answer is an emphatic yes.

You and a few others like you are stumbling about in the dark. You don’t even know there is a “light switch.” You are like a man born blind who denies the existence of light….

Last edited by TF49; 10/04/22.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT

Everything you mentioned can be seen and in some cases touched. But I can't get a satisfactory explanation of how it is possible for everything in the universe to be pulled into a tiny bit of matter smaller than an atom and then in a great cataclysmic explosion create the seemingly endless universe that we can see only a small part of. On top of that I would have to believe even in billions of years life as we know it evolved to where it is now. I can believe in adaptive evolution but I'm not up to believing a fungus, a virus, a one cell organism eventually became a tree, a cow, or a man.I can believe the human/[bleep] common ancestor or the various equine species common origin but not the amoeba to fish to man theory.

So I would guess most people harbor a belief in the supernatural, and as to this thread I personally believe the supernatural power of the universe sent his messenger Jesus just as he sent the previous prophets and messengers that were never well received.

There is a lot I don't understand and I certainly can't quite get a God with the power to stop it allowing mankind to run amok but it will all make sense by and by.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I haven't been able to post for a while, so please bear with me as I catch up a bit with my thoughts on what's been discussed. First, a bit of house keeping to tend to:

mauserand9mm and his ilk seem to think history began on the day they were born.

Not at all. You think it began 6,000ish years ago?

Do you think it fast-forwarded past the events in Jerusalem some 2,000 years ago?

Of course not, thats a stupid thing to say.

I was meaning that there was a fairy tale started a while back that indicated that the world was about that old. It contained a whole bunch of other crazy ass shit too, including some events in the area and timeframe that you mention.

I knew exactly what you were trying to say; my response was rhetorical, and I think you know that.

You seize on the question of creationism so that you have an excuse to ignore the evidence of the resurrection. You repeat the "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" mantra despite the extraordinary evidence presented. But, you weren't there with Thomas to see it for yourself; so therefore in your mind it didn't happen. Thus my statement of history beginning with your arrival on the scene. And round and round we go.

A resurrection Is an extraordinary claim. There is zero evidence, extraordinary or ordinary. For some reason, in your mind, you think it happened. Is it because the less likely something is to happen, the more likely a one off event appears to be true? - you tell me, there's nothing rational or logical about it.

The roots of Hinduism go back a couple thousand years before Christianity. For tens of thousands of years before that, who knows? The bible conatins stories pinched from others before. There may have been a better god that was invented before reliable documentation means became available. So time of birth does have an impact - if you were born around 100BC, you would not be a Christian.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Ha...good one....

I think our 2 Atheists are trying to duct tape morality onto their nihilism and have it be rational. They are doing it to feel good and to appear normal instead of wearing their nihilism (Relentless negativity or cynicism suggesting an absence of values or beliefs) openly. But their faked morality is not even close to the morality of us Christians……we go against their self-interest because we imitate the self-sacrificial love of Christ, who gave himself as a ransom to save others. That makes no sense to the Atheist worldview, as this life is all the atheist have, and there is no afterlife where their actions are in the context of a relationship with that self-sacrificial Son of God. In any case, free will doesn’t exist to them, so that means no moral choices… These are the common sense implications of atheist first principles…no free will, no right and wrong, no life after death.

You might just want to check your play book about morality and then get back to us.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

I demand that you tell me who and what you are. I demand that you give me exacting evidence per my criteria of who what you are. You have no right to reveal to me who you think you are with criteria that you determine. You are under the highest in strongest obligation to meet my demands because I place those demands on you.

From now on Mauser is known as “ Random Data”. DBT is now known as “Half Byte”. Atheist superhero and sidekick. Together the collective conceptualization of the two thoughts are no more significant than imaginary metaphorical Loftstrand crutches for the mentally disabled.

You will remain so until you meet my demand for evidence of your existence and until I find satisfaction with the evidence provided. If I am not satisfied with the evidence that you provide, I will demand more and different evidence. You are without identity, NPC binary and nothing else.

That's what an angry bot would say.

If only you were as critical of your beliefs, then you might arrive at truth.

Well?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by TF49
[b][/b]
No, it is you that do not comprehend.

You clearly had no idea about the wheat and tares. You also seemed to miss the wheat/tare application to your misunderstanding on the nature of churches.

You don’t have even a rudimentary familiarity with Christian doctrine nor Biblical exegesis.

I’m thinking you still do not understand wheat/tares …..

No, I don't care because it doesn't matter. You changed the topic to avoid answering my simple questions. Fail!

Note that you posted: “No, I don’t care because it doesn’t matter…..

You don’t care to understand the wheat/tare issue …. Well, understanding it does matter and you don’t care about it.

You don’t care to understand anything.

And you in fact, understand very little and you show it In virtually every one of your posts….… you are comfortable with and stay ensconced in your ignorance….

There are two problems ….

One….you don’t understand.

Two….you don’t even care to understand.

Until you do,you will stay in spiritual darkness.

I think you avoid responding in plain engrish because you are afraid of how stupid it will be, so you prefer to use the stupid parables from your favorite book of fables thinking that they address the questions in any definitive way.

If you can't formulate a proper answer just say so.

Little Albert was in the third grade and was struggling with his computations in long division.

He heard some other boys talking about “differential equations.” He felt a bit left out so he went to father and said “teach me all about differential equations.”

His father said “Little Albert, I love you dearly, but you don’t understand. You have to learn algebra and some calculus before you can understand differential equations.”

Little Albert got mad and said “I know long division so why can’t you teach me differential equations?”

His father sighed and said “Little Albert, you must study and learn more before you can understand differential equations.”

Little Albert grew angry and cursed his father….. telling his father that he was just a “bad teacher.”

His loving father… a math professor, just sighed and didn’t know why Little Albert was so ……?

So…. Is your name Albert?

I've always been good at maths. Maths has real world meaning with demonstratable truths in its applications and outcomes.

Nothing to do with you not answering my questions, just another diversion.

IZH27…..

You make a good point. Note MMan’s response to the question “Is your name Albert?”

His response seems not to demonstrate much comprehension of question nor of the issue in the story.

Mindless bot? Perhaps.. he really cannot discuss anything, he only asks off target questions and responds with the same dull mindless dronings….Always yapping and never understanding….?

Troll motivated by frustration….or insecurity or ?….. perhaps…but a Johnny One-Note troll for sure.

Pretty easy to dismiss him as unprofitable in any serious discussion.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
[b][/b]
No, it is you that do not comprehend.

You clearly had no idea about the wheat and tares. You also seemed to miss the wheat/tare application to your misunderstanding on the nature of churches.

You don’t have even a rudimentary familiarity with Christian doctrine nor Biblical exegesis.

I’m thinking you still do not understand wheat/tares …..

No, I don't care because it doesn't matter. You changed the topic to avoid answering my simple questions. Fail!

Note that you posted: “No, I don’t care because it doesn’t matter…..

You don’t care to understand the wheat/tare issue …. Well, understanding it does matter and you don’t care about it.

You don’t care to understand anything.

And you in fact, understand very little and you show it In virtually every one of your posts….… you are comfortable with and stay ensconced in your ignorance….

There are two problems ….

One….you don’t understand.

Two….you don’t even care to understand.

Until you do,you will stay in spiritual darkness.

I think you avoid responding in plain engrish because you are afraid of how stupid it will be, so you prefer to use the stupid parables from your favorite book of fables thinking that they address the questions in any definitive way.

If you can't formulate a proper answer just say so.

Little Albert was in the third grade and was struggling with his computations in long division.

He heard some other boys talking about “differential equations.” He felt a bit left out so he went to father and said “teach me all about differential equations.”

His father said “Little Albert, I love you dearly, but you don’t understand. You have to learn algebra and some calculus before you can understand differential equations.”

Little Albert got mad and said “I know long division so why can’t you teach me differential equations?”

His father sighed and said “Little Albert, you must study and learn more before you can understand differential equations.”

Little Albert grew angry and cursed his father….. telling his father that he was just a “bad teacher.”

His loving father… a math professor, just sighed and didn’t know why Little Albert was so ……?

So…. Is your name Albert?

I've always been good at maths. Maths has real world meaning with demonstratable truths in its applications and outcomes.

Nothing to do with you not answering my questions, just another diversion.

IZH27…..

You make a good point. Note MMan’s response to the question “Is your name Albert?”

His response seems not to demonstrate much comprehension of question nor of the issue in the story.

Mindless bot? Perhaps.. he really cannot discuss anything, he only asks off target questions and responds with the same dull mindless dronings….Always yapping and never understanding….?

Troll motivated by frustration….or insecurity or ?….. perhaps…but a Johnny One-Note troll for sure.

Pretty easy to dismiss him as unprofitable in any serious discussion.

Non player characters. There is no objective proof of humanity there.

They certainly don’t seem to offer outside a well memorized apologetic.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You guys got nothing, I can tell.

Well?
Page 38 of 81 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,044
Posts18,500,842
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.