Page 39 of 81 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 80 81
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by DBT
Nobody argues over the existence of the sun, moon, stars, oceans, rivers, plants, animals, etc, yet debates over things supernatural are endless .....now, I wonder why that is? wink
I think that is because Atheists, Agnostics, and Believers in a super natural power have no real explanation of where all this matter and energy originated other than we now know there was a beginning eons ago and there is no rational explanation other than a super natural power.

The correct answer is: we don't know.

And the rational thing to do is refrain from making up or adopting explanations because they may be appealing and/or they offer an impression of having answers where there are no actual answers or explanations.

It’s interesting that you are accusing those with whom you disagree of confirmation bias yet so called scientists, who are in many cases nothing more than practitioners of scientism, practice confirmation bias on a regular basis.
It is a dishonest argument.

Only part of the observable world can meet your criteria of empirical data confirmation. I don’t believe that you are a moron nor do you appear to be mentally retarded. You obviously have an ax to grind with Christians and against Christianity. Do you grind that same ax against Buddhists, Muslims, Christian scientists, Mormons, Watchtower Society?

Well. Hells bells. Why am I asking you these questions since I cannot confirm that you are a person and actually exist? For all we know you are a bot being driven by an advanced algorithm, a covert plant hired to disrupt or maybe a sock puppet. It is interesting that Mauser and DBT usually turn up at the same time tag teaming on the religious threads.

NAH. You’re just the pigment of our imaginations.

It's just basic dilligence.

Do you accept Muslim theology because 'it is written in the Qur'an?" Or the Hindu pantheon of gods because it is written in the Gita?

I would say not. I'd say that you look at the context and culture that produced these beliefs and you would not accept them as being true and factual on face value and without evidence.

Yet you embrace your own faith without the same critical eye.

As for mauser and me posting on these threads, that is just coincidence.

Australia is more secular than the US, especially the bible belt.

Last edited by DBT; 10/04/22.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Nobody argues over the existence of the sun, moon, stars, oceans, rivers, plants, animals, etc, yet debates over things supernatural are endless .....now, I wonder why that is? wink
I think that is because Atheists, Agnostics, and Believers in a super natural power have no real explanation of where all this matter and energy originated other than we now know there was a beginning eons ago and there is no rational explanation other than a super natural power.

And the rational thing to do is refrain from making up or adopting explanations because they may be appealing and/or they offer an impression of having answers where there are no actual answers or explanations.

It’s interesting that you are accusing those with whom you disagree of confirmation bias yet so called scientists, who are in many cases nothing more than practitioners of scientism, practice confirmation bias on a regular basis.

Only part of the observable world can meet your criteria of empirical data confirmation. I don’t believe that you are a moron nor do you appear to be mentally retarded. You obviously have an ax to grind with Christians and against Christianity. Do you grind that same ax against Buddhists, Muslims, Christian scientists, Mormons, Watchtower Society?

Well. Hells bells. Why am I asking you these questions since I cannot confirm that you are a person and actually exist? For all we know you are a bot being driven by an advanced algorithm, a covert plant hired to disrupt or maybe a sock puppet. It is interesting that Mauser and DBT usually turn up at the same time tag teaming on the religious threads.

Ha...good one....

I think our 2 Atheists are trying to duct tape morality onto their nihilism and have it be rational. They are doing it to feel good and to appear normal instead of wearing their nihilism (Relentless negativity or cynicism suggesting an absence of values or beliefs) openly. But their faked morality is not even close to the morality of us Christians……we go against their self-interest because we imitate the self-sacrificial love of Christ, who gave himself as a ransom to save others. That makes no sense to the Atheist worldview, as this life is all the atheist have, and there is no afterlife where their actions are in the context of a relationship with that self-sacrificial Son of God. In any case, free will doesn’t exist to them, so that means no moral choices… These are the common sense implications of atheist first principles…no free will, no right and wrong, no life after death.

It appears tgat you are making up your own rationale in defense of your faith. Which typically descends into ad homs and slurs on the character of your opponent.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
[b][/b]
No, it is you that do not comprehend.

You clearly had no idea about the wheat and tares. You also seemed to miss the wheat/tare application to your misunderstanding on the nature of churches.

You don’t have even a rudimentary familiarity with Christian doctrine nor Biblical exegesis.

I’m thinking you still do not understand wheat/tares …..

No, I don't care because it doesn't matter. You changed the topic to avoid answering my simple questions. Fail!

Note that you posted: “No, I don’t care because it doesn’t matter…..

You don’t care to understand the wheat/tare issue …. Well, understanding it does matter and you don’t care about it.

You don’t care to understand anything.

And you in fact, understand very little and you show it In virtually every one of your posts….… you are comfortable with and stay ensconced in your ignorance….

There are two problems ….

One….you don’t understand.

Two….you don’t even care to understand.

Until you do,you will stay in spiritual darkness.

I think you avoid responding in plain engrish because you are afraid of how stupid it will be, so you prefer to use the stupid parables from your favorite book of fables thinking that they address the questions in any definitive way.

If you can't formulate a proper answer just say so.

Little Albert was in the third grade and was struggling with his computations in long division.

He heard some other boys talking about “differential equations.” He felt a bit left out so he went to father and said “teach me all about differential equations.”

His father said “Little Albert, I love you dearly, but you don’t understand. You have to learn algebra and some calculus before you can understand differential equations.”

Little Albert got mad and said “I know long division so why can’t you teach me differential equations?”

His father sighed and said “Little Albert, you must study and learn more before you can understand differential equations.”

Little Albert grew angry and cursed his father….. telling his father that he was just a “bad teacher.”

His loving father… a math professor, just sighed and didn’t know why Little Albert was so ……?

So…. Is your name Albert?

I've always been good at maths. Maths has real world meaning with demonstratable truths in its applications and outcomes.

Nothing to do with you not answering my questions, just another diversion.

IZH27…..

You make a good point. Note MMan’s response to the question “Is your name Albert?”

His response seems not to demonstrate much comprehension of question nor of the issue in the story.

Mindless bot? Perhaps.. he really cannot discuss anything, he only asks off target questions and responds with the same dull mindless dronings….Always yapping and never understanding….?

Troll motivated by frustration….or insecurity or ?….. perhaps…but a Johnny One-Note troll for sure.

Pretty easy to dismiss him as unprofitable in any serious discussion.

Non player characters. There is no objective proof of humanity there.

These npc's, could you define them more adequately?

Regards

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

Regards

I’m referencing Random Data and Half Byte.

Some entity is claiming their humanity. However, I see no empirical data to substantiate them as human. Until I can do so, until my criteria is met, the conceptualization remains Random Data and Half Byte.

Until my criteria is met Random Data and Half Byte have no human characteristics, no personhood, no personality, no presence no sovereignty etc. They, if that is an appropriate pronoun, are noting more than the psychological construct of idiots and the mentally deficient.

As a concept the two thoughts are nothing more important and of no more value than a random collection of 0’s and 1’s. My criteria has to be met exactly for any change to occur on my part.

Last edited by IZH27; 10/04/22.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Regards

I’m referencing Random Data and Half Byte.

Some entity is claiming their humanity. However, I see no empirical data to substantiate them as human. Until I can do so, until my criteria is met, the conceptualization remains Random Data and Half Byte.

Until my criteria is met Random Data and Half Byte have no human characteristics, no personhood, no personality, no presence no sovereignty etc. They, if that is an appropriate pronoun, are noting more than the psychological construct of idiots and the mentally deficient.

As a concept the two thoughts are nothing more important and of no more value than a random collection of 0’s and 1’s. My criteria has to be met exactly for any change to occur on my part.

Ad hominem is a sign that you've given up.

Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Ha...good one....

I think our 2 Atheists are trying to duct tape morality onto their nihilism and have it be rational. They are doing it to feel good and to appear normal instead of wearing their nihilism (Relentless negativity or cynicism suggesting an absence of values or beliefs) openly. But their faked morality is not even close to the morality of us Christians……we go against their self-interest because we imitate the self-sacrificial love of Christ, who gave himself as a ransom to save others. That makes no sense to the Atheist worldview, as this life is all the atheist have, and there is no afterlife where their actions are in the context of a relationship with that self-sacrificial Son of God. In any case, free will doesn’t exist to them, so that means no moral choices… These are the common sense implications of atheist first principles…no free will, no right and wrong, no life after death.

It appears tgat you are making up your own rationale in defense of your faith. Which typically descends into ad homs and slurs on the character of your opponent.

Just my opinions..... What slurs, Ad Homs?, ...the common sense implications of atheist first principles…no free will, no right and wrong, no life after death…the need of explicit proof of God the Bible.....There are times when a detective doesn’t have “hard” proof on a criminal, like DNA or other forensic data, but the implications of evidence inculpates the person. The detective is then forced to use logic and reasoning to determine who the guilty party is. And, Atheism is built on logic and reasoning, and yet they completely throw it out the window when it comes to intelligent design! It is hard to ignore the hypocrisy of this!....

Illegitimi non carborundum

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
There is no slurring here. I am simply applying the same logic that has been established. As I don’t believe in the humanity I conceptualize the situation as I see fit. My demands are no more or less demanding than the level of demand previously established.

Non entities. NPC’s which I chose to characterize per my criteria. I chose Random Data and Half Byte as that representation whatever it is or can be for non human binary objects.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
There is no slurring here. I am simply applying the same logic that has been established. As I don’t believe in the humanity I conceptualize the situation as I see fit. My demands are no more or less demanding than the level of demand previously established.

Non entities. NPC’s which I chose to characterize per my criteria. I chose Random Data and Half Byte as that representation whatever it is or can be for non human binary objects.

Yeah, there is.

You choose to ignore and abuse reality to try and substantiate something that you can not prove to be part of reality.

It's a reality melt down that Christians have used for millenia, and may be part reason for the decline of Christianity today - less people got the time for that nonsense these days.

Well?
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I look at it as the Holy Spirit working through the self proclaimed atheists' here, giving the christians an opportunity to explore their own faith with clarity.

A atheist that can't help disproving God automatically denies the Holy Spirit working in them, but something is pushing them, it's pretty easy to see.

Christ said he has a plan for us all, I believe that.

Even those that say they are atheist.

Kent

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
the sad thing is these so called atheists claim to not accept or believe in the existence of a Christian God, yet every single one of them rages with hatred and will go to great lengths to attack Christians at the mere mention of God, it happens everywhere on the planet & has for over 2000 years

the hilarious thing is that all these modern atheists all fell to their knees in reverence to their pseudo God the .Gov and got stabbed with toxic injections with maniacal glee

the very same ones worship their Satanic Climate Change Pseudo Gods without question

the devil does have work for idle hands indeed

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by krp
I look at it as the Holy Spirit working through the self proclaimed atheists' here, giving the christians an opportunity to explore their own faith with clarity.

A atheist that can't help disproving God automatically denies the Holy Spirit working in them, but something is pushing them, it's pretty easy to see.

Kent

Good Post Kent, as usual. While I certainly don’t disagree with your thoughts regarding atheists I do think that the 2 Australian dipshits are a different type of detritus. They aren’t atheists they are self-proclaimed ANTI-theists…..therein lies the answer to the question “why are 2 dumbfucks from a former penal colony so focused on crapping on every thread that has no relevance to their lives” (according to them)? They aren’t seeking common ground nor are they seeking information, they simply seek to destroy. Disruption and disrespect are the weapons they yield on this forum and they add nothing of value to any discussion here….at least not anything I’ve seen in their time here. It’d be akin to one of us spending hours on Democrat underground, we wouldn’t be there looking for respectful discussions and nothing they’d say would change our minds, our only purpose for “participating” would be to disrupt and denigrate their forum.

There ain’t a damn redeeming quality between the two of them, at least not anything that’s been evident here.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
NPC’s

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Good Post Kent, as usual. While I certainly don’t disagree with your thoughts regarding atheists I do think that the 2 Australian dipshits are a different type of detritus. They aren’t atheists they are self-proclaimed ANTI-theists…..therein lies the answer to the question “why are 2 dumbfucks from a former penal colony so focused on crapping on every thread that has no relevance to their lives” (according to them)? They aren’t seeking common ground nor are they seeking information, they simply seek to destroy. Disruption and disrespect are the weapons they yield on this forum and they add nothing of value to any discussion here….at least not anything I’ve seen in their time here. It’d be akin to one of us spending hours on Democrat underground, we wouldn’t be there looking for respectful discussions and nothing they’d say would change our minds, our only purpose for “participating” would be to disrupt and denigrate their forum.

There ain’t a damn redeeming quality between the two of them, at least not anything that’s been evident here.

Aces....good one again....but get ready for the accusations from the 2 atheist of slurs, ad homs, and being very unchristian as they always do.....

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

They are as bad as HappyCamper was on the other side trolling, I agree. But it has got to the point of dehumanizing them, when they aren't sock puppets. Paul, though not an atheist was a real threat to Christians, not in debate but physical survival. Jesus' plan for him couldn't have happened if he wasn't that threat. We would have killed Paul in the first steps on the road to Damascus and claimed victory.

Not everyone has had their Paul experience with Christ yet, disagreeable words are not a mortal enemy of our faith... unless we let them be.

We won't change those two but there are many others that are on the fence watching our reaction, and judging Christ by the christian's reaction.

Kent

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Swamplord
the sad thing is these so called atheists claim to not accept or believe in the existence of a Christian God, yet every single one of them rages with hatred and will go to great lengths to attack Christians at the mere mention of God, it happens everywhere on the planet & has for over 2000 years

Christians are the ones who seem to get angry and go out and do the killing - they"ll even kill other Christians. At least that's what history shows us.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Yet you, Ace, are the one showing hatred and intolerance, never engaging reasonably with the issues being raised, just like some other Christians, putting your anger and angst, insults and attitude on display as a means of discouraging opposition.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

They are as bad as HappyCamper was on the other side trolling, I agree. But it has got to the point of dehumanizing them, when they aren't sock puppets. Paul, though not an atheist was a real threat to Christians, not in debate but physical survival. Jesus' plan for him couldn't have happened if he wasn't that threat. We would have killed Paul in the first steps on the road to Damascus and claimed victory.

Not everyone has had their Paul experience with Christ yet, disagreeable words are not a mortal enemy of our faith... unless we let them be.

We won't change those two but there are many others that are on the fence watching our reaction, and judging Christ by the christian's reaction.

Kent

Look in the mirror, guys.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Yet you, Ace, are the one showing hatred and intolerance, never engaging reasonably with the issues being raised, just like some other Christians, putting your anger and angst, insults and attitude on display as a means of discouraging opposition.

DBT...you are overreacting to Aces comments, namely to his phrase of "2 Australian dipshits" and "2 dumbfucks"....there is no "hatred and intolerance"....Aces is not "putting anger and angst, insults and attitude on display as a means of discouraging opposition."

He simply wants to know why you 2 guys do not want to seek common ground and information instead of constant disruption and denigration.....

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Kent

krp has good words in his comments and he is absolutely not denigrating you....

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Kent

krp has good words in his comments and he is absolutely not denigrating you....

Good words....? Not denigrating? Are you reading this stuff? ''They are as bad as HappyCamper was on the other side trolling,'' I don't think so. Not to mention the Ace; ''There ain’t a damn redeeming quality between the two of them...''

The fact is that it's your side that descends into engaging with ad homs and insults whenever christian faith is questioned....of course, other faiths don't matter....well, gosh, they are all wrong!

Page 39 of 81 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1badf350, 1minute, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 007FJ, 51 invisible), 2,260 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,036
Posts18,500,720
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.