Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
[ ...

I’ve used lead, put “O” rings over tires to cut down on friction, used moly (slicker than teflon), etc. Painted cars with DuPont Chromalusion ($$$$$), ghosting in flames, etc. I loved building pinewood derby cars - always legal though.

Pretty sophisticated for a Cub Scout.
Around here a lot of the dads are engineers or skilled trades, their imagination runs wild with ideas on how to make the cars faster. The only thing worse proubly would be in an area dominated by NASA or MIT grads. 😁

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by mrfudd
sugar in boat gas tanks

This is not efficient. Filters mess it up and dilute it. For best results, add something like a heavy syrup to the oil. Just pour it into the crankcase.

A friend told me this.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Blue Devil in the crankcase.

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by granitestate1
Blue Devil in the crankcase.

Bleach.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I LOVE fishing. It’s one of my true passions in life but I could never get into tournaments. I have friends that did the circuit and they were quite good but fishing for me is everything that tournaments aren’t. It’s easy to ruin the enjoyment of fishing by throwing money, ego and insecurities into the mix. I used to watch a little bit of the tournaments occasionally and every time I was disappointed. Too much ego coupled with tremendous insecurities seemed to dominate the field. They looked like nascar clowns masquerading as a human billboard….Ricky Bobby had more class and intelligence than some of those guys. 😂

If you’re not first you’re last…

Damn straight brother Ace.... same applies to big buck contest
Don't believe in turning hunting and fishing into a dick measuring contest
It's between one man and nature..... with likely no witness.

BOTH...Well Said!

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Blue Devil that's what they were using when they were destroying perfectly good cars in the cash for clunkers debacle, under they anointed ones reigh.

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I entered a Big Dick contest, winner got a used Kia Rio, second place got a 30 pack of Keystone Light, third place got a hummer from the winner of the best looking tranny competition from the month prior.

I came in sixth. I thought they were looking for diameter, not length.

- Tuna Can

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am from Georgia and we southerners like our fishing, we catch catfish and largemouth bass mostly, but evidently Minnesota Yankees view the Walleye as a deity.
Up here we like our walleye.

The great thing about walleye is that they taste great and the fishing techniques work well for tournaments and year around recreational fishing on open water or ice.

My town holds an annual Walleye Festival complete with carnival rides, food trucks, parade, beer tents, and poker and walleye tournaments, but we like our trout fishing too.[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Freeland???

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by RAS

I am from Georgia and we southerners like our fishing, we catch catfish and largemouth bass mostly, but evidently Minnesota Yankees view the Walleye as a deity.

The great thing about walleye is that they taste great and the fishing techniques work well for tournaments and year around recreational fishing on open water or ice.

My town holds an annual Walleye Festival complete with carnival rides, food trucks, parade, beer tents, and poker and walleye tournaments, but we like our trout fishing too.[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Freeland???
Kalkaska

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RAS

Freeland???
Yes sir

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by RAS

Freeland???
Kalkaska
Correct. We used to up to Kalkaska quite a bit but it’s been awhile. “The Trout Capital of Michigan.”

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We have walleye in Idaho now, in a few reservoirs. They were planted years ago and have done well. The state record is 34.5" and 17.88lb. I have no idea how that stands up to other states.
We also have walleye tournaments. I haven't heard of any cheating but you have to know it's going on.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We have walleye in Idaho now, in a few reservoirs. They were planted years ago and have done well. The state record is 34.5lb and 17.88". I have no idea how that stands up to other states.
We also have walleye tournaments. I haven't heard of any cheating but you have to know it's going on.

You must mean 17.88 pounds and 34.5 inches. That sounds more reasonable.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
We have walleye in Idaho now, in a few reservoirs. They were planted years ago and have done well. The state record is 34.5lb and 17.88". I have no idea how that stands up to other states.

You're right, of course. It's too early in the morning and I'm only on my 1st cut of coffee. I fixed it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

You're right, of course. It's too early in the morning and I'm only on my 1st cut of coffee. I fixed it.

Hopefully the second cut of coffee will straighten things out. grin

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Here they had to start using lie detectors for the winning Catfish tournament teams - some yahoo was catching fish and leaving them out there so he could “pretend” catch them during the tournament…

Another “golden boy” had a buddy fishing on another boat and meeting them to transfer fish to him.

Yep - there will always be cheaters out there…

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Swamplord
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Those are a wee bit heavier than 12oz unless they're hollow...
I built 1, 1.5 and 2 pound lead ball molds for fishing drop weights. Those would be closer to 4lbs, just sayin. grin

We fished the tournaments put on by a local chapter of the MI Steelheaders Ass. Them boys ran a tight ship, boats were inspected before launch. You didn't want any loose ice in your cooler. If they found ice in the mouth of a fish it was immediately dq'ed. The tournaments were geared towards smaller boats. Regardless of how many people were onboard you could only run the rod limit for three people, weight-in was limited to a two-person catch limit. Wife and I once won a tournament up in Frankfort, we were the only boat to weigh in a ten fish limit. Other people were loosing fish that day, it was like a blind squirrel finding a bunch of nuts for us. 😁

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Turns out these mofo's have made over 3 million dollars on the circuit, I am sure lawyers are picking up the blood scent.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 264mag, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,536 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,921
Posts18,498,465
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.