Home
They cut them open and found 8 pounds of lead shocked

My buddy in high school did that.
Scumballs always have a game.....
Going to lose some sponsorships over that one! 8 pounds sounds way over the top and obvious but is nothing new at fishing tournaments. I’ve heard of it being done at squirrel hunting tournaments that are judged with total weight being the tiebreaker when two or more teams have the same bag limit.
They was usin a pounda lead for bait.

Got broke off the first eight times.............
They look exactly like a couple douche bags so I’m not surprised
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Ooops?

Osky
Originally Posted by Swamplord
LOL

Put a few treble hooks on those and they’re called “salmon ticklers” around here.
They were the series leading team for the season as well. I’ve been around tournament fishing at one level or another for most of my life and the amount of cheating I’ve seen is unbelievable. From things like this with the weights, trimming the tail fins down to make fish fit in a slot limit size, breaking a fishes jaw to make him an 1/8” longer to meet a minimum length, pre fishing and keeping fish in a cage until tournament day. The list goes on…
My friends son-in-law would take homegrown bigmouth bass and go out the night before the match and string the fish to a log or something and during the tournament he would swing by and fish the area awhile then he would snag the line and it would look like he just caught a trophy fish. He won 3 tournaments back to back and the finally had a judge follow him around all day and he would lose. He finally gave up fishing tournaments after getting the shït stomped out of him by some pissed off rednecks.
I lost a lot of money to a team like this one when I was fishing tournaments. It took a few years to catch them using fish caught during prefishing then put in a soft cage, but they were caught.

Anyone who cheats in tournaments is the scum of the world as far as I am concerned. The guys above deserve any and all punishment they receive.
I LOVE fishing. It’s one of my true passions in life but I could never get into tournaments. I have friends that did the circuit and they were quite good but fishing for me is everything that tournaments aren’t. It’s easy to ruin the enjoyment of fishing by throwing money, ego and insecurities into the mix. I used to watch a little bit of the tournaments occasionally and every time I was disappointed. Too much ego coupled with tremendous insecurities seemed to dominate the field. They looked like nascar clowns masquerading as a human billboard….Ricky Bobby had more class and intelligence than some of those guys. 😂

If you’re not first you’re last…
Same here. To each their own so long as they play by the rules but fishing to me is about relaxing more than competition. Tournaments automatically ratchet up the competitive fire and make it less enjoyable to me.
Some people would cheat to win a dirty diaper, just to be able to say they won.

I HATE tournaments. Buncha self-important entitlement minded douche-bags. Pre-fishing is usually worse than tournament day as it applies to someone moving in and playing bumper boats. Tournament day they've gotta behave or they'll get punted if they get complaints to the tourney director by non-tourney anglers. The biggest worry on actual tourney days is being anywhere near the starting or ending boat drag-race.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Scumballs always have a game.....

This is more than scumball. These two clowns have won $400k over the last 2 years in walleye tourneys. They were suspected of cheating last year. The chickens came home to roost last night.

These boys have a good chance of going to jail.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I LOVE fishing. It’s one of my true passions in life but I could never get into tournaments. I have friends that did the circuit and they were quite good but fishing for me is everything that tournaments aren’t. It’s easy to ruin the enjoyment of fishing by throwing money, ego and insecurities into the mix. I used to watch a little bit of the tournaments occasionally and every time I was disappointed. Too much ego coupled with tremendous insecurities seemed to dominate the field. They looked like nascar clowns masquerading as a human billboard….Ricky Bobby had more class and intelligence than some of those guys. 😂

Damn straight brother Ace.... same applies to big buck contest
Don't believe in turning hunting and fishing into a dick measuring contest
It's between one man and nature..... with likely no witness.
Any competition will open the opportunity for cheating. People always want to turn everything into a competition instead of enjoying the activity for what it is.
If they done this in multiple states, the FBI might end up involved.
Originally Posted by DryPowder

Are you kidding? the FBI is to busy chasing MAGA....
I suspect that lead weight thing happens more than you might think. I have zero interest in tournament fishing. I did, at a friends begging, participate in a coyote calling contest several times. I really like calling coyotes but making it a contest took the fun out of it.

excellent!!!
Originally Posted by irfubar

….And diary thieves 😁
8-10 years ago I was watching a weigh-in and they ran a metal detector wand over every fish just for this reason. It doesn’t matter what the endeavor is but if you throw money into it then it’s guaranteed that someone will come up with a way to cheat…unfortunately.
All the big surf/offshore tournaments here require a polygraph test.
8-10 years ago I was watching a weigh-in and they ran a metal detector wand over every fish just for this reason. It doesn’t matter what the endeavor is but if you throw money into it then it’s guaranteed that someone will come up with a way to cheat…unfortunately.
I'm surprised they didn't have those for all the previous tournaments those guys have fished in.

Seems it was SOP for a lot of organizations.

I fished in a bass club down in SoCal for a few years. We were a cool club, had the reputation if anyone needed a beer come find one of our boats. Monthly tournaments. I liked it as it guaranteed I'd get out fishing at least once a month.

Had a guy win big fish of the tournament one month, and ended up with big fish of the year. 12lb 11oz or such.. When he got it back to weigh in it had a 2.5 lb catfish down it's gullet. He caught it on a 4" Shad Rap. Either a reaction bite or that was one hungry fish.

Those guys in the OP should be taken out back and left for the rest of the fishers to deal with for an hour or two.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

At an earlier tournament, these guys failed and appealed then passed on the second attempt.
Ice fishing tourneys are known for this crap up here too.

Roger these ass holes took one and failed last year. But they were still allowed to fish.
ProStaff clown clothes wearing dipshît

Only groids wear chit like Kellogs Cornflakes jackets

Go get a real job in a warehouse with no air conditioning stacking bags of lime and portland. POS

And investimigatin garage door pull down cords.
Its stupid to cheat
And extra fuggin stupid to cheat when suspected of it
Wouldn’t surprise me if they start checking fish at all the tournaments now.
Which is Probably a good thing.
Im sure this is not first or last time something like this happened
That's the problem with being a one trick pony... You get caught eventually.
Rookies, shoulda just towed the fish behind the boat for a bit and filled the stomach with water. Makes them a little heavier. One of the guys I partied with in college fished that tournament also, they did pretty good. Won just under 10K.
Cheating in a fishing tournament? Why, I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.
I watched the video of them fileting the fish and taking out the sinkers, people were pissed, like we're gonna kick your ass pissed
Originally Posted by Gunnison1
They were the series leading team for the season as well. I’ve been around tournament fishing at one level or another for most of my life and the amount of cheating I’ve seen is unbelievable. From things like this with the weights, trimming the tail fins down to make fish fit in a slot limit size, breaking a fishes jaw to make him an 1/8” longer to meet a minimum length, pre fishing and keeping fish in a cage until tournament day. The list goes on…

This
They should be given two choices...

1- We're gonna beat your ass.

or

2- You got to eat the fish and swallow everything inslde them...on the scales, now.

That would cut down on then some I would think.
Making fishing a competition is a great way to ruin the pursuit, just as with hunting.
We don't have walleye down in Georgia. But I have caught walleye in Quetico Park Ontario. Fried 'em up at my little camp, on my Coleman stove watching the sun set and having a drink of Jack Daniels. Most enjoyable and a delicious fish.

It is bizarre to make this into a competitive sport, I don't get it.
Originally Posted by Nollij
Ice fishing tourneys are known for this crap up here too.
Same in Colorado. Same guy won for several years in a row, so first lie detector, then spot checks on the ice, finally consent to search vehicles on the Entry Form. Found illegal live bait in the guys trunk. But I got news for ya, the Officials and Sponsors are in on it as well. I saw an official trim a tail with scissors also. Should be illegal to use fish or game to conduct contests where prize money is awarded. Sidenote: I won a consolation prize one time for catching 0 fish.
Anybody would have to be really stupid to add a bunch of weight to a fish. I couldn't, but have a bunch of buds that can judge the weight of certain local fish within a few ounces just with a quick look.

I'm sure the local Walleye guys could immediately know something was off.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
We don't have walleye down in Georgia. But I have caught walleye in Quetico Park Ontario. Fried 'em up at my little camp, on my Coleman stove watching the sun set and having a drink of Jack Daniels. Most enjoyable and a delicious fish.

It doesn't get any better than the Quetico. The BWCA of Minnesota and Quetico are connected and have over 2 million acres of pristine wilderness. I used to go every year but it's been awhile now, too long.
A saloon in the micro town of Bliss, ID has held a rock chuck derby annually for years as a fund raiser for worthy events. I heard rumors that they've cancelled it for next year because of rampant cheating. It's judged by the average size of the chucks shot and they have some pretty nice prizes. Some competitors have been bringing in dead chucks from elsewhere, spoiling it for everyone. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that some of the chucks have been weighted with sinkers, too.
I remember a case in which what had long been considered the world record pronghorn buck was found to have been faked. They were examining it and noticed a strange crack about a half inch above the base and x-rayed it. Somebody, many years before had taken another piece of horn and had split it used it to make the horn longer. Pronghorn horns can be steamed and removed from the core and that is what they did and after removing it had fitted the split pieces in place and nailed them with small nails and covered up the cracks/seams/nails with lamp black. I remember seeing a photo of the x-ray but it was more than 20 years ago. This was done long before they kept records and nobody even knew who killed the animal since the head was just found hanging in a saloon. This is why they now x-ray all potential high scoring animals for the record books.

North woods walleye is the best. One correction though: GA does have Walleye in most of the mountain lakes
however it is nothing like up north, Catching them is very inconsistent but they are there. Best fishing is Spring when they are more active. After that they go deep and are hard to find. Some folks do good catching them but are pretty tight lipped.
Anytime prize money is up for grabs there are going to be some people willing to do anything to get it. Years ago I was hooked into leading a Boy Scout troupe. The rules for the Pine Wood Derby were to use the materials given to build a car to compete down a ramp for speed. There were all manner of exotic cars that showed up that had been professionally built and painted. It ended up being a contest of masters at car building not at all what the contest was designed to accomplish.
Originally Posted by rainshot
Anytime prize money is up for grabs there are going to be some people willing to do anything to get it. Years ago I was hooked into leading a Boy Scout troupe. The rules for the Pine Wood Derby were to use the materials given to build a car to compete down a ramp for speed. There were all manner of exotic cars that showed up that had been professionally built and painted. It ended up being a contest of masters at car building not at all what the contest was designed to accomplish.

Don't know why they don't just officially make it a dads' event and let the kids go play some video games or something.
Taking a slightly different angle on this - I wonder how their wives and kids are taking this. Feel for the kids being ribbed about their dads being cheaters. Kids can be brutal to other kids.
It was the same shenanigans for the Soap Box Downhill race. The kids were supposed to build their car but it ended up being a contest for professional mechanics. The Dyess AFB troupe race car had an aluminum frame. Many of the care were professionally painted. They were works of art. It wasn’t for the kids. It was for the parents.
It was the same shenanigans for the Soap Box Downhill race. The kids were supposed to build their car but it ended up being a contest for professional mechanics. The Dyess AFB troupe race car had an aluminum frame. Many of the care were professionally painted. They were works of art. It wasn’t for the kids. It was for the parents.

One of the reasons to have kids...Duh!

PS that Teflon lubrication can make ugly cars go fast...
People can ruin anything. To me personally, turning the pursuit of fish and game into a contest via a tournament debases the underlying purpose of hunting and fishing to begin with. I get that others enjoy making everything in life a contest, but it isn’t for me. There was another famous case in bass fishing where a guy snagged monster fish and held several lake records. How could you even enjoy the ‘status’ that came with winning when you cheated this way?
You should see the stuff I've been asked to do to make pinewood derby cars faster... 😁
Buddy of mine was out fishing years ago while unbeknownst to him a catfish tournament was going on.
He caught a nice cat, wound up conversing with some tourney anglers and swapped it for beer. Turned out to be the winning fish.
Reason #48 on why I don’t fish tournaments.

This one is 100% lead free.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]picture host
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Taking a slightly different angle on this - I wonder how their wives and kids are taking this. Feel for the kids being ribbed about their dads being cheaters. Kids can be brutal to other kids.

Kids might not be theirs......cheaters attract cheaters n all

This. Money has ruined a lot of fun fishing for a lot of people.
Originally Posted by horse1
Some people would cheat to win a dirty diaper, just to be able to say they won.

I HATE tournaments. Buncha self-important entitlement minded douche-bags. Pre-fishing is usually worse than tournament day as it applies to someone moving in and playing bumper boats. Tournament day they've gotta behave or they'll get punted if they get complaints to the tourney director by non-tourney anglers. The biggest worry on actual tourney days is being anywhere near the starting or ending boat drag-race.

Yep.
Originally Posted by RAS

I think we need to go fishing. wink
Originally Posted by hookeye

LOL grin
Originally Posted by hookeye

Lots of Bidens and Sickermores and Houston_2s buds claiming kids trafficked across the border aren't their real fathers either. That's why Trump and Sessions instituted genetic testing.

Biden ended that, endearing himself to those pukes along with Gayghost and Northmam. whistle
Originally Posted by gunzo
Anybody would have to be really stupid to add a bunch of weight to a fish. I couldn't, but have a bunch of buds that can judge the weight of certain local fish within a few ounces just with a quick look.

Fished a few SKA "southern kingfish association" tournaments With a buddy who is a DR, he'd hook up an IV bag with saline solution to the fish. LOL None of those kings were ever close enough to being big enough to win.
Originally Posted by Dp1975
They look exactly like a couple douche bags so I’m not surprised

My first thought also. Look up Douche bag in the dictionary and you'll see their picture.

Fished a few SKA "southern kingfish association" tournaments With a buddy who is a DR, he'd hook up an IV bag with saline solution to the fish. LOL None of those kings were ever close enough to being big enough to win.

Wow. That's taking it seriously lol
Originally Posted by Jcubed

haha no doubt!

I picture IV carts on wheels rolling all over the boat. Doc going "S HIT! Hook that one back up will ya, I got a bite!"
Reminds me of my short stint in Cub Scouts in the late 70's. My Dad and I entered the Pinewood Derby for the first time. Cars were supposed to be made bybthe scouts, with help from their parents. We naively entered boxy, untuned and unweighted cars painted with leftover house paint. The competition was all made by fathers in their shops or the shops at their work. Pretty impressive looking and fast cars that my self made chunk of wood didn't stand a chance against.

It left me pretty jaded about sportsmanship as a 9 year old.
I’ve caught one particular dude cheating at youth 4-H shooting competition. He enters an illegal gun in hopes of slipping it through. He got caught last year and had a legal gun at the ready. His kid is a good shooter and doesn’t need to cheat to compete well. As stated above, it is all about the parent.
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Jcubed

haha no doubt!

I picture IV carts on wheels rolling all over the boat. Doc going "S HIT! Hook that one back up will ya, I got a bite!"

LOL...
The biggest worry on actual tourney days is being anywhere near the starting or ending boat drag-race.
A few years ago, the big bass tournaments changed the HP rules for boat motors. Before, they had a limit on HP. As I read it, on the big lakes, a bigger motor could get a fisherman to the far end of the lake 10 min faster. That's 10 min out and 10 min back so that's 20 min for the day. During a 3 day tournament, 20 min a day is an hour more fishing time when you could catch the big one. That's also going to put a lot of much faster boats in that drag race.
Anytime there’s money involved there’s gonna be cheaters. Was in a ‘local’ coyote hunting contest some years ago. One of my buds entered with us who was one of the best out there. The contest began at daybreak and concluded at 8 pm. Every year prior the winning team would have maybe 3 coyotes. Well, that year the winning team had 21! You can’t even have that many sets in that amount of time. They were obviously hunting the night before with multiple groups feeding the ‘winners’. We had two that year and placed fourth.
Originally Posted by RAS

Why the nitrile gloves?

Regards
Ben Lurkin;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day down in your section of Utah is going well.

Thanks for the coyote derby story, I was hoping we Canucks weren't the only ones who had folks who'd cheat to win a coyote "derby".

In truth the local Ministry of Environment took a very dim view of our gun club running it, but we felt that when the fur prices dropped and everyone had stopped shooting them, we'd ended up with too many.

Since the ministry said no to a straight up "contest", we came up with the idea to run it over the winter and have folks turn in the tails so we could get a population sampling for mange. Then we'd pass that data onto the MoE and it's be "legit-ish"... wink

The first year everyone more or less stuck to the rules and I want to say the winner had 7 or 8 over the season and the runner's up were close so it seemed kosher. Then we - the club - paid out the top 3...

Well, next year the top guy had something like 21 when everyone else was down in single digits.

We paid out, but heard rumors and those of us running it smelled Rodentia somewhere, you know?

The next year it was the same thing and we'd heard from a few people who were picking up road kills and giving them to him, so we paid out and shut the contest down - er well the population sampling down I mean.

Folks are funny when it comes to competition, that's for sure. Too bad too but that's the way we humans seem to tend to be.

Regardless sir, I wish you a good remainder of the weekend and all the best this hunting season.

Dwayne
I’m all for cheating to win but that’s fugking criminal.

Not only regarding prize money/winnings but they’re taking money from sponsors.
I remember back in the 90s when Bob Glidden got caught cheating. He won more pro stock races than any other driver in NHRA history. His son Bill ratted him out, What Bob had done was pressurize his roll cage/chassis with NOS and had a small tube built into his hood and hood scope that would mist NOS down into the carbs, which was good for about a 1/16, 1/8 second which is a lot in that class that is usually determined by the driver's skills. Motorsports are notorious for cheating, Richard Petty was good at it.
I remember back in the 90s when Bob Glidden got caught cheating. He won more pro stock races than any other driver in NHRA history. His son Bill ratted him out, What Bob had done was pressurize his roll cage/chassis with NOS and had a small tube built into his hood and hood scope that would mist NOS down into the carbs, which was good for about a 1/16, 1/8 second which is a lot in that class that is usually determined by the driver's skills. Motorsports are notorious for cheating, Richard Petty was good at it.

That's pretty impressive.

It wasn't Bob that used the nitrous. It was his son Rusty that did it to prove it could be done. Bob was accusing the Dodge boys of using it amongst others.

Mountain Man camps with Black Powder shooting Competitions here in Southern Commyfornia we had the same Couple win 1st and 2nd prize for years.
They would pick the people that they would shoot with and pay them off. Each group kept score for each other

Some of those Competitions would have $2000 to $3000 rifles and an lot of donated prizes from members of the clubs

It got so bad with these 2 that no one would buy into the Competition when these 2 would show up.
The prize money dwindled to almost nothing.
Originally Posted by Longbob

It wasn't Bob that used the nitrous. It was his son Rusty that did it to prove it could be done. Bob was accusing the Dodge boys of using it amongst others.
Guess so been years since I heard the story but what I posted was what was told to me back then.
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Reminds me of my short stint in Cub Scouts in the late 70's. My Dad and I entered the Pinewood Derby for the first time. Cars were supposed to be made bybthe scouts, with help from their parents. We naively entered boxy, untuned and unweighted cars painted with leftover house paint. The competition was all made by fathers in their shops or the shops at their work. Pretty impressive looking and fast cars that my self made chunk of wood didn't stand a chance against.

Bruin…..Your experience with the Pinewood Derby virtually mirrors mine. After grandpa and I built the car and painted the block of wood I was pretty pleased with the outcome….until I saw the fancy entries from others. There car looked NOTHING like mine. Some of the entries looked like they came directly out of the Hasbro or Mattel factory NOT the work of an 8 year old kid. It was obvious to me that the winners were cars that were built by dad’s at their shop and not their children. I didn’t think it was fair but that was never a complaint that flew….fair was not a reasonable expectation of others. I remember being disappointed in the adults that ignored the obvious and rewarded poor behavior. I don’t recall ever entering another Pinewood Derby again…
Originally Posted by funshooter

Mountain Man camps with Black Powder shooting Competitions here in Southern Commyfornia we had the same Couple win 1st and 2nd prize for years.
They would pick the people that they would shoot with and pay them off. Each group kept score for each other

Some of those Competitions would have $2000 to $3000 rifles and an lot of donated prizes from members of the clubs

It got so bad with these 2 that no one would buy into the Competition when these 2 would show up.

Jesus Christ.

LOL

What a buncha clowns.

Bruin…..Your experience with the Pinewood Derby virtually mirrors mine. After grandpa and I built the car and painted the block of wood I was pretty pleased with the outcome….until I saw the fancy entries from others. There car looked NOTHING like mine. Some of the entries looked like they came directly out of the Hasbro or Mattel factory NOT the work of an 8 year old kid. It was obvious to me that the winners were cars that were built by dad’s at their shop and not their children. I didn’t think it was fair but that was never a complaint that flew….fair was not a reasonable expectation of others. I remember being disappointed in the adults that ignored the obvious and rewarded poor behavior. I don’t recall ever entering another Pinewood Derby again…
Yeah I remember my dad added some lead in mine.
Tournament fishing or hunting is gay as AIDS.
Anytime you add large purses and prizes to anything, this is what you get.

I've seen it in big buck contests, hog contests, coyote contests, fishing tournaments... you name it.

Only hunted one coyote contest, and one hog contest. I said after the coyote contest I'd never do another competition, but a local hog contest and buddies got me into the second.

Winning team had hogs that were 400# each for the stringer. Everyone else was struggling to get a 275# hog in their stringer. Not a coincidence.

Never will I ever donate cash to cheaters.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am from Georgia and we southerners like our fishing, we catch catfish and largemouth bass mostly, but evidently Minnesota Yankees view the Walleye as a deity.
I read about some big buck contests run by casinos in NV. I can't remember what town, could have been Reno or Vegas. Anyway, the prizes where big things like new pickups. After a few years, someone realized that year after year the winners were all in a small group of ranchers. An investigation revealed that they'd go out in the deep spring snow and rope big bucks, put them in the barn, and feed them heavily on stuff to promote big horn growth. In the fall, they'd butcher them and take them to the casinos where they'd collect their prize pickups.

I am from Georgia and we southerners like our fishing, we catch catfish and largemouth bass mostly, but evidently Minnesota Yankees view the Walleye as a deity.
Up here we like our walleye.

The great thing about walleye is that they taste great and the fishing techniques work well for tournaments and year around recreational fishing on open water or ice.

My town holds an annual Walleye Festival complete with carnival rides, food trucks, parade, beer tents, and poker and walleye tournaments, but we like our trout fishing too.[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by funshooter

Jesus Christ.

LOL

What a buncha clowns.

I was a Member of the Big Horn Mountain men Club
I built a 10Ga. Blunderbuss from Scratch. I purchased an L&R Lock (flintlock not cap gun) the Trigger and the Stock Blank and I made all the rest of the parts. Barrel ,Side Plate Butt Plate , Thimbles , Ram Rod & Tang.

When I got it all finished I tried to join in on a Stake Shoot with our Club the shoot was a cash buy in shoot and the 1st place split the proceeds 50 50 with the Club.
No one wanted me in their group because they said that I could not hit the wall of a Barn if I was standing inside of it.
The Groups were 5 guys shooting at a about a 5 inch diameter wooden pole standing up and the 1st group to cut it and have the top hit the ground won.
Well I Begged and Begged to try and join a group.
I finally convinced a guy Wayne to let me join his group.
He only had 1 other guy in his group so he was already 3 guys short and still did not want me in his group.
He was shooting a 58 cal. Zwave (I know I did not spell it right) the other guy had a 75 cal Brown Bess.

Well they said Ready Fire.
With my built in funnel in the Barrel I was the first guy loaded and shot fired.
I aimed at a knot in the pole and that pole shook so bad that Wayne Dropped his Rifle and I got a second shot off before Wayne composed himself and got his 1st shot off. The guy with the Brown Bess never hit the Pole at all.
My second shot I put (2) .760 patched balls into the .788 bore of my popgun and with Moccasins on pine needles and me only weighing in at a Buck 20 I was sliding back a full step from the firing line.
I got about 6 shots off that first day and Wayne got about 3 and it was over.

The Next Day Wayne ran up to me and said you are shooting today right. I said Hell Ya.
The Guy with the Brown Bess Never showed up so it was Wayne and my self against groups of 5.
I think if I remember that 2nd day I got 3 shots off Wayne got 2 and it was over.

This went on all week and Wayne and I won every day except 1 day we got a bad piece of wood that had a thousand splinters.

I walked away with a Couple hundred bucks in my pocket and so did Wayne.

We had the most public ever to show up at our Camp in the history of that camp that paid to get in.
They said that they were there to watch the idiot shoot the hand cannon.
I brought in a lot of revenue for the Club that Year just having some fun.

In our next Club meeting they had found out that I was double slugging my Blunderbuss and band me from shooting in any more Competitions It told them that I was going to have to Build another one that I could only put 1 slug in maybe a 4 Gage and they squawked and hollered and banded me from ever bringing my Blunderbuss into camp ever again.
I got up and walked out of that F'ing Big Horn Mountain Man Club
6 other members got up and walked out with me.

I didn't tell ya that Wayne was putting (6) 58 cal. balls in the 1 1/4 Octagon barrel of his he told me that he was gunna have to pin them together for the next Stake Shoot.

Was I cheating the shoot was bring what you have and no other rules. Other shooters were putting more than one ball down their barrels not just us.

Everyone told me that I could not hit anything and they would not let be join their group because of what I was shooting then they got Pissed when I won.

The Club said that shooting (2) balls out of a Rifle was unsafe and I as well as Every Gun Builder in the Club stated that a (2) ball Charge was only a Half proof test for a Barrel and my Blunderbuss is a Smooth Bore that does not build up the pressures like a Riffled Barrel does.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Anytime you add large purses and prizes to anything, this is what you get.

I've seen it in big buck contests, hog contests, coyote contests, fishing tournaments... you name it.

Only hunted one coyote contest, and one hog contest. I said after the coyote contest I'd never do another competition, but a local hog contest and buddies got me into the second.

Winning team had hogs that were 400# each for the stringer. Everyone else was struggling to get a 275# hog in their stringer. Not a coincidence.

Never will I ever donate cash to cheaters.

Doesn't have to involve large purses and prizes: witness the farce that is Pinewood Derby.
Years ago I used to attend a lot of 3D archery shoots.Back when the prizes were given by score.The amount of lying on score cards was amazing I’ve followed groups of shooters who hunted for arrows nearly every target but at the end when they turned their cards in they had scores a few points from perfect
Local 3d clubs, shot fingers for a couple yrs and then went release. Did well.......which pissed off a bunch of people. One club a new member said I cheated, so the pres showed up at the shop I shot for ( while I was there ) and said I had to shoot w him next shoot.
Did and won that fugger too.

And never shot there again. They closed within 2 yrs
Sold my hot rod compounds and went trad.
Only shoot w friends. Aint spending time and money associating w azzholes.

IBO went from hunting guys to whiney biatches way back. Fuggem.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Doesn't have to involve large purses and prizes: witness the farce that is Pinewood Derby.
Oh hell yes. 😁
Friend of mine would bring me chunks of 2×4, I'd square it up to within a couple thousands of an inch, machine wheel well pockets into the sides, work my magic on the hole locations for the wheel axles and make the pockets for the weights in a specific location. He'd carve the body to scale, his son would sand the body to be able to say he worked on the car. Then it would go to a body shop to be primed and painted, Jim had another friend who had a vinyl printer who would make decals that matched factory offerings for the car. He did a General Lee and a TransAm that were perfect matches to the original.
I also had a handful of engineers that I would jig up their car bodies and install the axle holes in precise locations...
I once fished in a 3 day Pro-Am bass tournament on Clear Lake. We did okay, middle of the pack, and I learned that tournament fishing is not for me. Takes all the fun out of a nice day on the water.

Those cheaters are lucky they didn't get bloodied that day.
Back when I was a young man I fished a lot of bass tournaments and all of the big money tournaments required a polygraph for first place.
Some time ago we had a halibut tournament. A manager of one of the local canneries entered a very large halibut. The eyes were foggy so we cut it open. The middle of the fish was frozen. We tore up his ticket and threw his entry out.
used to fish the Marlin tourny out of Catalina.
some years the purse was over 100k.
one year a pair of surgeons from LA won. one of the directors didn't like the looks of those fish and sliced the guts. 25 gallons of water each.
these jack wipes had all the money in the world. just wanted to be the winners. ended up banned from all tourny's for life.
What kind of criminal charges for fraud could these guys face?
Originally Posted by deerstalker
one year a pair of surgeons from LA won. one of the directors didn't like the looks of those fish and sliced the guts. 25 gallons of water each.
these jack wipes had all the money in the world. just wanted to be the winners. ended up banned from all tourny's for life.

25 gallons each is just over 200 lbs of water weight to each fish...wow
These memes are gonna be good for a few laughs.
Originally Posted by deerstalker
My Dr. Buddy hired the Olympic sailing team so he could win the Galveston Yacht club sailing race.

We, dad and I, added weight to mine to just under the maximum weight limit. It was legal.
Still came in fourth, IIRC.
Those tournament types are a bunch of temperamental bastards any way. I pulled up to a ramp once in my john boat where a major bass tournament was going on, that I was not in, with a small mouth hanging on a stringer that went about 6 pounds. About half of them muth*fugers came unglued… crazy crazy crazy
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Those tournament types are a bunch of temperamental bastards any way. I pulled up to a ramp once in my john boat where a major bass tournament was going on, that I was not in, with a small mouth hanging on a stringer that went about 6 pounds. About half of them muth*fugers came unglued… crazy crazy crazy

Only half!?
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

Few things are more satisfying than a simple man showing the experts how it's done.

I added lead to my sons. There was a weight limit in our pine wood derby. We did not exceed that weigh. Most others added weight as well. His car won.
Originally Posted by dale06
I added lead to my sons. There was a weight limit in our pine wood derby. We did not exceed that weigh. Most others added weight as well. His car won.
The company that puts together the car kits sell a weight set made out of tungsten. You can also buy a wheel kit where all four wheels came out of the same mold.
Well, seems they are looking into criminal charges.

ESPN article
I predict many flat tires, broken truck windows, sugar in boat gas tanks, and or sinking boats in those guys’ future. Probably should forget about ever fishing again
With the amount of $$$$ etc those could turn out to be hefty charges.

Ymmv
Fishermen...lie?

Who knew?
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by dale06
The company that puts together the car kits sell a weight set made out of tungsten. You can also buy a wheel kit where all four wheels came out of the same mold.

I’ve used lead, put “O” rings over tires to cut down on friction, used moly (slicker than teflon), etc. Painted cars with DuPont Chromalusion ($$$$$), ghosting in flames, etc. I loved building pinewood derby cars - always legal though.
With some of these guys and their level of involvement it sounds like pinewood derby ought to have an adult only category.
Originally Posted by slumlord

And investimigatin garage door pull down cords.

Laughing.
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
[ ...

I’ve used lead, put “O” rings over tires to cut down on friction, used moly (slicker than teflon), etc. Painted cars with DuPont Chromalusion ($$$$$), ghosting in flames, etc. I loved building pinewood derby cars - always legal though.

Pretty sophisticated for a Cub Scout.
I predict in a week

One of the regular “Hillary is going to jail” posters will come up for oxygen from Gateway Pundit and give us an attempted Jimmy Olsen on this topic.

Possibly Varmint Guy.
People are [bleep],
competitions just put a spotlight on that.

Start any competition, folks will quickly move to gain advantage in an
unfair way.

We used to do a 22 shoot.
Just some hunters, shooting to improve, have fun.

Laughable to most, 5 swinging plates from 20 yards to 50.
A tie breaker at 60.
Shot offhand, no sling.

Go to the Mark shoot 5 rounds,
After everyone shot, one shot each at the tiebreaker until the last guy standing.
Sometimes we had to wait for the cows to feed through behind the plates.

25 cents a round, we usually got 10 rounds before dark, with around 10 shooters.

High stakes!😁😁

One fellow bought a Savage heavy barrel, huge scope.
Two others bought Anschutz silhouette rifles, shot Gold Medal Match.

Would have really pissed me off, but these guys thought equipment
would win. They couldn't shoot for crap. Rarely ever picked up
the quarters.

My buddy would take a Winchester 69 open sighted to make it a challenge,
another used a Favorite.
If I was one of the guys who came up second in any of these tournaments, I would sue them for the prize money that they stole. Can you imagine the boardroom Monday morning at Ranger boats.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
[ ...

Pretty sophisticated for a Cub Scout.
Around here a lot of the dads are engineers or skilled trades, their imagination runs wild with ideas on how to make the cars faster. The only thing worse proubly would be in an area dominated by NASA or MIT grads. 😁
Originally Posted by mrfudd
sugar in boat gas tanks

This is not efficient. Filters mess it up and dilute it. For best results, add something like a heavy syrup to the oil. Just pour it into the crankcase.

A friend told me this.
Blue Devil in the crankcase.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by granitestate1
Blue Devil in the crankcase.

Bleach.

Damn straight brother Ace.... same applies to big buck contest
Don't believe in turning hunting and fishing into a dick measuring contest
It's between one man and nature..... with likely no witness.

BOTH...Well Said!
Blue Devil that's what they were using when they were destroying perfectly good cars in the cash for clunkers debacle, under they anointed ones reigh.
I entered a Big Dick contest, winner got a used Kia Rio, second place got a 30 pack of Keystone Light, third place got a hummer from the winner of the best looking tranny competition from the month prior.

I came in sixth. I thought they were looking for diameter, not length.

- Tuna Can
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

The great thing about walleye is that they taste great and the fishing techniques work well for tournaments and year around recreational fishing on open water or ice.

My town holds an annual Walleye Festival complete with carnival rides, food trucks, parade, beer tents, and poker and walleye tournaments, but we like our trout fishing too.[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Freeland???
Originally Posted by RAS

Freeland???
Kalkaska
Originally Posted by RAS

Freeland???
Yes sir
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by RAS

Freeland???
Kalkaska
Correct. We used to up to Kalkaska quite a bit but it’s been awhile. “The Trout Capital of Michigan.”
We have walleye in Idaho now, in a few reservoirs. They were planted years ago and have done well. The state record is 34.5" and 17.88lb. I have no idea how that stands up to other states.
We also have walleye tournaments. I haven't heard of any cheating but you have to know it's going on.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We have walleye in Idaho now, in a few reservoirs. They were planted years ago and have done well. The state record is 34.5lb and 17.88". I have no idea how that stands up to other states.
We also have walleye tournaments. I haven't heard of any cheating but you have to know it's going on.

You must mean 17.88 pounds and 34.5 inches. That sounds more reasonable.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
We have walleye in Idaho now, in a few reservoirs. They were planted years ago and have done well. The state record is 34.5lb and 17.88". I have no idea how that stands up to other states.

You're right, of course. It's too early in the morning and I'm only on my 1st cut of coffee. I fixed it.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

You're right, of course. It's too early in the morning and I'm only on my 1st cut of coffee. I fixed it.

Hopefully the second cut of coffee will straighten things out. grin
Here they had to start using lie detectors for the winning Catfish tournament teams - some yahoo was catching fish and leaving them out there so he could “pretend” catch them during the tournament…

Another “golden boy” had a buddy fishing on another boat and meeting them to transfer fish to him.

Yep - there will always be cheaters out there…
Those are a wee bit heavier than 12oz unless they're hollow...
I built 1, 1.5 and 2 pound lead ball molds for fishing drop weights. Those would be closer to 4lbs, just sayin. grin

We fished the tournaments put on by a local chapter of the MI Steelheaders Ass. Them boys ran a tight ship, boats were inspected before launch. You didn't want any loose ice in your cooler. If they found ice in the mouth of a fish it was immediately dq'ed. The tournaments were geared towards smaller boats. Regardless of how many people were onboard you could only run the rod limit for three people, weight-in was limited to a two-person catch limit. Wife and I once won a tournament up in Frankfort, we were the only boat to weigh in a ten fish limit. Other people were loosing fish that day, it was like a blind squirrel finding a bunch of nuts for us. 😁
Turns out these mofo's have made over 3 million dollars on the circuit, I am sure lawyers are picking up the blood scent.
https://www.beaconjournal.com/story...fishing-tournament-cheating/69558734007/

Two men have been charged related to allegations of cheating in a Lake Erie walleye tournament, the Cuyahoga County prosecutor announced Wednesday.

Jacob Runyan, 42, and Chase Cominsky, 35, have been charged with cheating, attempted grand theft, possessing criminal tools and unlawful ownership of wild animals, prosecutors said.

Investigators seized Comisky's boat and trailer.

The charges are fifth-degree felonies except for the unlawful ownership of wild animals charge, which is a fourth-degree misdemeanor. This charge pertains to the men's alleged possession of fish filets on their boat. A conviction on this count could result in an indefinite suspension of their fishing licenses, prosecutors said.

Runyan of Ashtabula and Cominsky of Hermitage, Pennsylvania, will be arraigned Oct. 26 in Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court.
smile
I see this is Lake Erie at Cleveland. I had thought it was Lake Superior in Minnesota. I thought the Cleveland area was a polluted wasteland.
Remember the Randy Newman song? The river at Cleveland caught on fire.

There’s a red moon rising
On the Cuyahoga River
Rolling into Cleveland to the lake

There’s an oil barge winding
Down the Cuyahoga River
Rolling into Cleveland to the lake

Cleveland, city of light, city of magic
Cleveland, city of light, you’re calling me
Cleveland, even now I can remember
‘Cause the Cuyahoga River
goes smokin’ through my dreams

Burn on, big river, burn on
Burn on, big river, burn on
https://images.app.goo.gl/WUroUbxgqGX6rVGr6
https://www.cleveland.com/court-jus...urnament-in-cleveland-get-jail-time.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Two men who cheated at a September walleye tournament in Cleveland by stuffing their fish with lead weights are headed to jail.

Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court Judge Steven Gall on Thursday sentenced Jacob Runyan, 43, of Ashtabula and Chase Cominsky, 36, of Hermitage, Pennsylvania, to spend the next 10 days in the Cuyahoga County Jail.

Once they are released from jail, each will serve a year of probation and must pay a $2,500 fine. Gall also imposed an additional 30-day jail sentence if the men violate probation

Gall will waive half the fine if the men make a $1,250 donation to a nonprofit organization that promotes fishing with children.

Runyan and Cominsky struck a plea deal with prosecutors minutes before they were set to begin trial in March. Each agreed to plead guilty to one count of cheating, a fifth-degree felony, and the fourth-degree misdemeanor of unlawful ownership of wild animals.

The fishermen agreed to have their fishing licenses suspended for up to three years as part of their plea. They also forfeited Cominsky’s Ranger bass boat, valued at $100,000, to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources.

In exchange for the plea, prosecutors dropped additional felony charges, including attempted theft.
There's some good news ^^^^^^
That turned out to be an expensive lesson in what happens to a couple of lying, cheating, dipshits!

Those are what the parents of the softball bitch looks like …. Pathetic!
Ass holes
And they probably drink Bud Light….
Meateater...ll owns the knife that cut open the fish.... that's awesome he wanted that lol
Originally Posted by tzone

Roger these ass holes took one and failed last year. But they were still allowed to fish.

Everyone knows that every fisherman lies. It's really just a polygraph tournament.
grin
These two are just common criminals who added fishing to their other criminal behavior. Hopefully they will also get major jail time for their other offenses.
How do you get loose weights and fish fillets inside the fish, but not in the digestive tract, without cutting the skin?
That’s why team tournaments are a joke…. Pro-am’s you draw your amateur so they don’t know each other and in other pro fishing they have Marshals on the boat most of the time…. There’s still cheating but it’s reduced quite a bit…… I like to fish some local tournaments for fun but it doesn’t take long if certain guys show up to ruin a small local circuit.
LOL I don't fish tournaments anymore for just this reason. Washing machine tubs planted out in the lake full of fish, etc. No thanks.
© 24hourcampfire