Hop To
Page 42 of 81 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 80 81
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Those without faith will never understand it, nor accept it.

Everyone has faith. Their faith is in nothing becoming something.

I understand what faith is, but have no use for it and prefer looking to understand the truth instead.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Nowadays we live in a culture that questions biblical authority more than ever. If the unchurched, the dechurched, and the post-churched are gonna be reached with the gospel in a culture that’s going the way that ours is, should the body of believers (the church) not only rethink its approach, but change it…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I have noticed that the subjects of countries that are under the umbrella of protection of the USA are quick to point out what total pussies they are. They don’t do it intentionally but they frequently list all the freedoms they don’t have while extolling the virtues that comes with the absence of those freedoms. They brag about trading freedom for security while they freely give up their rights. Their voluntary submission to their masters is evidenced by their willingness to turn in their firearms or get injected with untested poisons. Involuntary confinement in camps designed for “quarantine” along with many other examples of blind submission illustrate how their national security being guaranteed by the USA allows them to grow soft and ignorant.

I find their supposed “need” for facts and scientific evidence disingenuous at best considering how willingly they got in line for the fake vaccines. They double down on stupid when they defend their actions especially when they’re recovering from their second or third bout with “covid” after they’ve been “vaccinated and boosted”. 😂

They’ve been hiding under daddy’s coattails for so long that they have no concept of “fight”. The “men” are free to pursue their philosophical, social and artistic interests rather than wasting time training to be a man or a warrior. They need not churn out men because they’re being protected from international bullies by the men produced in the USA.

People here keep using the term "subject" - need to explain that.

We get to vote down here ya know.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I don't believe in gamma-rays.

You can't see them.
You can't smell them.
You can't taste them.
You can't hear them.
You can't feel them.

Obviously, if my five senses can't detect them, they don't exist.

Well the ancient superstitious savages would have blamed the effects from them on the devil, or turning away from god.

These days we know what they are and can detect and measure them.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by antlers
Nowadays we live in a culture that questions biblical authority more than ever. If the unchurched, the dechurched, and the post-churched are gonna be reached with the gospel in a culture that’s going the way that ours is, should the body of believers (the church) not only rethink its approach, but change it…?

Should probably not call it biblical "authority" for a start.

Well?
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
A resurrection Is an extraordinary claim. There is zero evidence, extraordinary or ordinary. For some reason, in your mind, you think it happened. Is it because the less likely something is to happen, the more likely a one off event appears to be true? - you tell me, there's nothing rational or logical about it.

The roots of Hinduism go back a couple thousand years before Christianity. For tens of thousands of years before that, who knows? The bible conatins stories pinched from others before. There may have been a better god that was invented before reliable documentation means became available. So time of birth does have an impact - if you were born around 100BC, you would not be a Christian.

Of course a resurrection is an extraordinary event to testify to. It took something extraordinary to demonstrate to those present that Jesus was who he said he was. When he was just another dead body hanging on a cross, there was nothing extraordinary about him at that point and he would have probably been largely forgotten, or at least given no more a place in history than any other philosopher. By your "logic" an extraordinary event is not evidence of God and neither is an ordinary event, like a sunrise or a tree growing. Again, you are like Thomas and I believe you will one day have the same opportunity to have all the proof you need to believe.

What is not rational or logical is your refusal to acknowledge that the testimony of multiple people about an event = evidence of said event. While you may choose to not give the witness(es) the same amount of credibility as I do, your continued refusal to even acknowledge that evidence does exist makes you less and less credible as a purveyor of truth. You would make a wonderful press secretary for our current occupant of the White House; but unfortunately for you, the position is already filled by someone who has a similar distaste for the meaning of words and a similar willingness to ignore inconvenient facts.

The resurrection story is a third hand account that includes anonymous witnesses to an extraordinary event that went otherwise mainstream unnoticed for 40 years.

The bible has been proven to be factually, historically and morally wrong in many cases. For the rest of it, it has never been proven to be correct. This comes from research including that of biblical scholars.

Like I said…. Mindless drivel.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I don't believe in gamma-rays.

You can't see them.
You can't smell them.
You can't taste them.
You can't hear them.
You can't feel them.

Obviously, if my five senses can't detect them, they don't exist.

Well the ancient superstitious savages would have blamed the effects from them on the devil, or turning away from god.

These days we know what they are and can detect and measure them.

confused babble...

Illegitimi non carborundum

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I have noticed that the subjects of countries that are under the umbrella of protection of the USA are quick to point out what total pussies they are. They don’t do it intentionally but they frequently list all the freedoms they don’t have while extolling the virtues that comes with the absence of those freedoms. They brag about trading freedom for security while they freely give up their rights. Their voluntary submission to their masters is evidenced by their willingness to turn in their firearms or get injected with untested poisons. Involuntary confinement in camps designed for “quarantine” along with many other examples of blind submission illustrate how their national security being guaranteed by the USA allows them to grow soft and ignorant.

I find their supposed “need” for facts and scientific evidence disingenuous at best considering how willingly they got in line for the fake vaccines. They double down on stupid when they defend their actions especially when they’re recovering from their second or third bout with “covid” after they’ve been “vaccinated and boosted”. 😂

They’ve been hiding under daddy’s coattails for so long that they have no concept of “fight”. The “men” are free to pursue their philosophical, social and artistic interests rather than wasting time training to be a man or a warrior. They need not churn out men because they’re being protected from international bullies by the men produced in the USA.

People here keep using the term "subject" - need to explain that.

We get to vote down here ya know.

subjects=people

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Please don’t feed the bots.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Decline in numbers is a decline in power - when it reaches 0 it has no power.

Again you equate "power" with numbers by counting what you can see with you human eyes. I'm talking about an all powerful God who's kingdom is not dependent on our numbers of attendance. God is sovereign over everything and is not handtied by our actions.

Not carnal at all - that was just Paul taking a swipe at non-Christian believers wasn't it? I also have no soul and don't sin.

Nope, that was Jesus talking to Peter. We are all sinners, whether we know it or not.

Seems no god is powerful enough to make their existence undeniablly known. Either they never existed or are dead.

God may not want to “scare” us into belief…. Perhaps God has given us just enough evidence of himself to keep us interested in him, that we might continually seek him. A direct revelation of God that cannot be denied might simply scare people into obedience. But God wants obedience from his children out of love, not out of fear. Seeing God is not having faith in him: Remember the words of St. James: “You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder” (Jas. 2:19).

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by IZH27

Damn....I think you are correct...sorry, I just can't help it....

Last edited by Raspy; 10/05/22. Reason: more

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Every single Atheist & every single Satanist ( same /same) knows that God exists and Jesus is as real as the air that they breathe !

THEY have waged war on God forever and slaughtered many millions of Christians since the Resurrection

The demons won't let their souls rest & constantly command them to lash out & attack Christians, they don't seek to understand why and do as instructed, their hatred is their driving force , it burns .... & they react

They don't understand the demonic possession because it is so subtle and explain it away as their belief in "science" ... even though science proves the existence of God in every waking moment of every human on the planet

Satan is a liar and his human God haters carry his image

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The eyewitnesses to Jesus’ death and resurrection started proclaiming it almost immediately. And Peter and Jesus’ other Apostle’s started preaching the Gospel message to the masses less than two months after Jesus’ death and resurrection. The extraordinary event of the resurrection is why the early church grew daily and continued to do so. The extraordinary event of the resurrection is why there was an explosive growth in the early church soon after it happened, and even Bart Ehrman concedes to these facts. And these things transpired well before the New Testament documents ever even existed.

The extraordinary event of the resurrection is the reason that the powerful Jewish Temple and the mighty Roman Empire, both of whom tried to squash early Christianity out of existence, failed miserably at doing so.

The assertion that this extraordinary event went “mainstream unnoticed for 40 years” is clearly a false assertion.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I understand what faith is, but have no use for it and prefer looking to understand the truth instead.

Ok, that is your opinion...I'd like to give you mine.... People have faith in many things they can’t see or prove by themselves... Truth is evidence based and clearly provable.
You may have either blind faith in the strength of a climbing rope or evidence based faith. You may have blind faith in your partner or evidence based faith.

Likewise, you can have blind faith in God, or evidenced based faith..... Faith waits for the promise to be kept. Truth is here instantly.

The issue is whether one accepts or rejects the evidence, and this inevitably comes down to what one wants to believe. Few people have a truly open mind, despite protestations to the contrary.

Many vehemently assert their opinions as fact and ridicule anyone who differs as if this proves them right.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Decline in numbers is a decline in power - when it reaches 0 it has no power.

Again you equate "power" with numbers by counting what you can see with you human eyes. I'm talking about an all powerful God who's kingdom is not dependent on our numbers of attendance. God is sovereign over everything and is not handtied by our actions.

Not carnal at all - that was just Paul taking a swipe at non-Christian believers wasn't it? I also have no soul and don't sin.

Nope, that was Jesus talking to Peter. We are all sinners, whether we know it or not.

Seems no god is powerful enough to make their existence undeniablly known. Either they never existed or are dead.

God may not want to “scare” us into belief…. Perhaps God has given us just enough evidence of himself to keep us interested in him, that we might continually seek him. A direct revelation of God that cannot be denied might simply scare people into obedience. But God wants obedience from his children out of love, not out of fear. Seeing God is not having faith in him: Remember the words of St. James: “You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder” (Jas. 2:19).

You mean like a loving parent goes into hiding so as not to scare their children into obedience?

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Every single Atheist & every single Satanist ( same /same) knows that God exists and Jesus is as real as the air that they breathe !

THEY have waged war on God forever and slaughtered many millions of Christians since the Resurrection

The demons won't let their souls rest & constantly command them to lash out & attack Christians, they don't seek to understand why and do as instructed, their hatred is their driving force , it burns .... & they react

They don't understand the demonic possession because it is so subtle and explain it away as their belief in "science" ... even though science proves the existence of God in every waking moment of every human on the planet

Satan is a liar and his human God haters carry his image

Well that was totally devoid of facts and truth. I feel bad for having wasted time reading and responding to that. How's your collection of dildo pics going?

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Ok, that is your opinion...I'd like to give you mine.... People have faith in many things they can’t see or prove by themselves... Truth is evidence based and clearly provable.
You may have either blind faith in the strength of a climbing rope or evidence based faith. You may have blind faith in your partner or evidence based faith.

You incorrectly equate "trust" with "faith" but they are 2 different things.

Faith is a belief held without any evidence and is untestable and unverifiable.

Trust is a position taken where the supporting evidence may not be at hand but it is assumed that all is in order. There will however be demonstrable evidence available and possibally even a means of testing. You could for example research the plans, tests and inspections for a high rise building and the competancies of the designers and builders if you wanted. Unless there is something obviously wrong, most people just enter the building. Trust may not even have been a deliberate conscious decision.

Trust can be proven to be wrong. Faith can't be proven to be right. If faith were true then it wouldn't be called faith.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Theists tend to lack conviction in the existence of any and every version of God (or gods) other than their own. All are atheists with just one version of god removed.

Wrong....I believe in God the Bible....if another person only believes in, for example, Spinoza's version.....good for him...I have no qualms with that...

So, do you believe that Spinoza was right about the nature of God? I wasn't talking about respecting what he or others believe. I respect your right to believe, but do not share it.

The point was that there are different versions of the idea of God, which are not compatible.

You may respect Spinoza's belief, yet not accept his version of God. Which means that you don't believe in his version of God. The same goes for Hindus, Muslims, etc, you may respect their belief, but not accept their theology.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by IZH27

Damn....I think you are correct...sorry, I just can't help it....

It's a cheap and easy way to dismiss fair and reasonable questioning and discussion. Just label the opposition as 'Bots' or 'Trolls' or something, and get back to feeling comfortable and unchallenged.....

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Maybe a different angle on the original question. The reasons may be the same or similar in relation.

What made you change church or denomination, change views on doctrine, practice, theology?

Page 42 of 81 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1badf350, 1minute, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 49 invisible), 2,273 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,036
Posts18,500,716
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.