Page 44 of 81 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 80 81
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by DBT
Theists tend to lack conviction in the existence of any and every version of God (or gods) other than their own. All are atheists with just one version of god removed.

Wrong....I believe in God the Bible....if another person only believes in, for example, Spinoza's version.....good for him...I have no qualms with that...

So, do you believe that Spinoza was right about the nature of God? I wasn't talking about respecting what he or others believe. I respect your right to believe, but do not share it.

The point was that there are different versions of the idea of God, which are not compatible.

You may respect Spinoza's belief, yet not accept his version of God. Which means that you don't believe in his version of God. The same goes for Hindus, Muslims, etc, you may respect their belief, but not accept their theology.

I forgot to add previously that you last paragraph correct for me.

Illegitimi non carborundum

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by TF49
Both DBT and Mman show characteristics of the following:

1. - Simple atheists who have no desire to enter in to a legit non-secular discussion. Hint …they are incapable of upholding their end of any discussion. They simply retreat to tired and worn, off target catch phrases.

2. - Given the erratic nature of their posts…. Sometimes coherent and other times with off the wall, off topic and simple unsubstantiated and indefensible “statements”…… I would suspect a bot or some other prompter is involved.

3.- Both may be sufferers of Dunning-Kruger syndrome. They are not nearly as smart as they think they are. Note the heavy use of mindless catch phrases and complete lack of ability to back up their sweeping and inaccurate generalizations.

4. - They are trolls. Seems that one of their goals is to junk up and derail legitimate discussion.

They have had moderate success on #4.

Their opinions are close to being without meaning or merit.

There was one frequent agnostic/atheist poster in the past who stated that he had some goals…. One was to denigrate Christianity….another was to denigrate individual believers in online debate and another was to turn potential believers away from Jesus.

He was also…. In my opinion, a intellectually dishonest debater who would decline to enter in to any meaningful discussion. He would simply cut and paste his postings from any number of atheist websites. Much of the time,he had little no understanding of what Biblical truth was. He would quote a verse from the Bible then attach his own twisted meaning to it. Dishonest or truly a DK sufferer.

Anyway, in my opinion it is fine to respond to these two sad trolls, but they should not be given too much attention. They just junk a thread up with drivel.

True statement...

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by IZH27
Why is it that creeds, confessions, catechisms are so demonized.

Would someone who thinks that they are evil break down something like the Apostles Creed and demonstrate where it deviates from Biblical doctrine?

The BullSchmitt pious phrase “No Creed but Christ” is by definition a creed.
Well, it is sort of a mindless chant. In Matthew 6:7 Jesus was against chanting.

Catholics and for that matter Methodists can take that repetitious stuff too far. I once worked with a Catholic lady that was going through some emotional distress because of an unplanned pregnancy outside of marriage. She would get in the truck and play a tape of some kind of hail Mary mother of God chant over and over and pull on some beads. I told her it was no wonder so much bad stuff was going on in the world because she was keeping God tied up listening to her.

That’s totally different from what I’m talking about. Hail Mary’s are a different thing. Have you read the Apostles Creed?
Yes, I've read it. It is somewhat trinitarian but not explicitly. I do not believe in the holy catholic church, and I am not going to comment on the virgin birth. Anyway I don't have much opinion on it except it was promulgated after the Christian church was off down the wrong road of being an arm of the state and therefore probably some sort of loyalty oath designed to trap "heretics".

The more that I read your posts the more that I wonder why you post on the religious/ Christian threads. What are hoping or trying to accomplish?

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

Would someone who thinks that they are evil break down something like the Apostles Creed and demonstrate where it deviates from Biblical doctrine?

Well, it is sort of a mindless chant. In Matthew 6:7 Jesus was against chanting.

Catholics and for that matter Methodists can take that repetitious stuff too far. I once worked with a Catholic lady that was going through some emotional distress because of an unplanned pregnancy outside of marriage. She would get in the truck and play a tape of some kind of hail Mary mother of God chant over and over and pull on some beads. I told her it was no wonder so much bad stuff was going on in the world because she was keeping God tied up listening to her.

Not to be a nit picker, but wasn’t it Mary who she was “keeping tied up”?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Decline in numbers is a decline in power - when it reaches 0 it has no power.

Again you equate "power" with numbers by counting what you can see with you human eyes. I'm talking about an all powerful God who's kingdom is not dependent on our numbers of attendance. God is sovereign over everything and is not handtied by our actions.

Not carnal at all - that was just Paul taking a swipe at non-Christian believers wasn't it? I also have no soul and don't sin.

Nope, that was Jesus talking to Peter. We are all sinners, whether we know it or not.

Seems no god is powerful enough to make their existence undeniablly known. Either they never existed or are dead.

God may not want to “scare” us into belief…. Perhaps God has given us just enough evidence of himself to keep us interested in him, that we might continually seek him. A direct revelation of God that cannot be denied might simply scare people into obedience. But God wants obedience from his children out of love, not out of fear. Seeing God is not having faith in him: Remember the words of St. James: “You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder” (Jas. 2:19).

You mean like a loving parent goes into hiding so as not to scare their children into obedience?

No.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw

Not to be a nit picker, but wasn’t it Mary who she was “keeping tied up”?
I guess you are right except that Mary is dead.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Every single Atheist & every single Satanist ( same /same) knows that God exists and Jesus is as real as the air that they breathe !

THEY have waged war on God forever and slaughtered many millions of Christians since the Resurrection

The demons won't let their souls rest & constantly command them to lash out & attack Christians, they don't seek to understand why and do as instructed, their hatred is their driving force , it burns .... & they react

They don't understand the demonic possession because it is so subtle and explain it away as their belief in "science" ... even though science proves the existence of God in every waking moment of every human on the planet

Satan is a liar and his human God haters carry his image

Well that was totally devoid of facts and truth. I feel bad for having wasted time reading and responding to that. How's your collection of dildo pics going?

You 2 guys/girls from down under see what we mean by calling you bots/trolls?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The more that I read your posts the more that I wonder why you post on the religious/ Christian threads. What are hoping or trying to accomplish?
I am a devoted believer in and follower of Jesus. I believe he was who he claimed to be. I believe he was killed by the church for telling the truth, a truth that God sent him to tell. The church back then was ruled by evil men and they knew who he was and killed him because they were evil. As Jesus accused them of being of their father Satan. If he came back today to tell the truth and was able to perform miracles as he did then which was God's way of proving him a prophet he would be killed quicker than he was then.

So to answer you, I post on Christian threads because I would like people to think about what they have been taught to believe.

I could be wrong in some of my suspicions, and you are quite possibly wrong in your beliefs whatever they are.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Every single Atheist & every single Satanist ( same /same) knows that God exists and Jesus is as real as the air that they breathe !

THEY have waged war on God forever and slaughtered many millions of Christians since the Resurrection

The demons won't let their souls rest & constantly command them to lash out & attack Christians, they don't seek to understand why and do as instructed, their hatred is their driving force , it burns .... & they react

They don't understand the demonic possession because it is so subtle and explain it away as their belief in "science" ... even though science proves the existence of God in every waking moment of every human on the planet

Well that was totally devoid of facts and truth. I feel bad for having wasted time reading and responding to that. How's your collection of dildo pics going?

The behavior wasn't unexpected. Perceived persecution brings out the worst in you sinners. I don't sin and my life is just great, immune like any other normal person to the name calling that the kids on here love to partake in.

Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

The behavior wasn't unexpected. Perceived persecution brings out the worst in you sinners. I don't sin and my life is just great, immune like any other normal person to the name calling that the kids on here love to partake in.

You do not sin.....now that is nice...

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

That’s not it at all! It’s you and your dipshit cohort and your constant tangents about nothing. You serve to disrupt and nothing more. You have declared yourself to be an “anti-theist” and you come on the religious threads and wonder why you get pushed back?…..come on man! 😂

When you’re repeatedly told over and over that you’re a dumbfuck by multiple people in multiple threads at different times and in different places and you don’t think it’s true doesn’t mean everyone else is wrong……but you continue to play you cupcake and feign the victim.

Or you could shut thefuck up and participate in threads that don’t require you and your girlfriend twiddly dumbfuck ruining them.

You’ve stated your motives and we understand what you’re saying…..that’s why you are considered ass wipes. 😉…..the fact you’re Australian just makes it that more ironic. That dump of dirty DNA is obvious in you two.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

That’s not it at all! It’s you and your dipshit cohort and your constant tangents about nothing. You serve to disrupt and nothing more. You have declared yourself to be an “anti-theist” and you come on the religious threads and wonder why you get pushed back?…..come on man! 😂

When you’re repeatedly told over and over that you’re a dumbfuck by multiple people in multiple threads at different times and in different places and you don’t think it’s true doesn’t mean everyone else is wrong……but you continue to play you cupcake and feign the victim.

Or you could shut thefuck up and participate in threads that don’t require you and your girlfriend twiddly dumbfuck ruining them.

You’ve stated your motives and we understand what you’re saying…..that’s why you are considered ass wipes. 😉…..the fact you’re Australian just makes it that more ironic. That dump of dirty DNA is obvious in you two.

I think that you have the water pressure on your bidet set too high.

The OP's question didn't preclude aetheist response. If you are man enough for a real world response, here it is. If you think your emotions are going to be hurt maybe peruse same safer threads.

Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some serious wacko cultists here that dont believe in science and shore know how to express it in the most Christian like way.

Yer all going to the big pig roast near as I can figure. After attempting to read a page or two, anyone that thinks christianity is gonna save themselves from the "big hereafter" is nothing but a selfish oaf...

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Please don’t feed the bots.

Damn....I think you are correct...sorry, I just can't help it....

It's a cheap and easy way to dismiss fair and reasonable questioning and discussion. Just label the opposition as 'Bots' or 'Trolls' or something, and get back to feeling comfortable and unchallenged.....

That is reasonable, but you two are not bringing fair and reasonable discussions....it is disgusting when you say God the Bible represents a bunch of fairy tales, or garbage like that.....

Talking about fair and reasonable, where did I say something like that?

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Theists tend to lack conviction in the existence of any and every version of God (or gods) other than their own. All are atheists with just one version of god removed.

Wrong....I believe in God the Bible....if another person only believes in, for example, Spinoza's version.....good for him...I have no qualms with that...

So, do you believe that Spinoza was right about the nature of God? I wasn't talking about respecting what he or others believe. I respect your right to believe, but do not share it.

The point was that there are different versions of the idea of God, which are not compatible.

You may respect Spinoza's belief, yet not accept his version of God. Which means that you don't believe in his version of God. The same goes for Hindus, Muslims, etc, you may respect their belief, but not accept their theology.

Maybe we should start calling you "twister" and not a bot/troll... because you twist people's words into a vegetable salad of words.... I'll say it again, but this time you should read slowly....you originally said...>>>Theists tend to lack conviction in the existence of any and every version of God (or gods) other than their own. All are atheists with just one version of god removed.<<<

And I replied....>>>Wrong....I believe in God the Bible....if another person only believes in, for example, Spinoza's version.....good for him...I have no qualms with that...<<<

When I stated I have no qualms with that, maybe it would be clearer to you if I added let him/her believe what they want and do not ridicule them.

I think you may be making up little excuses and stories. Show me where I have twisted anything that anyone has said.

One example will do.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

I forgot to add previously that you last paragraph correct for me.

Good, but it wasn't really the point. The point being, that regardless of your expression of respect for believers and other religions, you don't believe in the reality of the God of Spinoza or the gods Hinduism or its central creator Brahman, or any version of God or gods but your own version, your own Christian theology.

That was the point.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Nasty, bitter and twisted, bile and hatred. So much for good Christian values.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I am a devoted believer in and follower of Jesus. I believe he was who he claimed to be. I believe he was killed by the church for telling the truth, a truth that God sent him to tell. The church back then was ruled by evil men and they knew who he was and killed him because they were evil. As Jesus accused them of being of their father Satan. If he came back today to tell the truth and was able to perform miracles as he did then which was God's way of proving him a prophet he would be killed quicker than he was then.

So to answer you, I post on Christian threads because I would like people to think about what they have been taught to believe.

I could be wrong in some of my suspicions, and you are quite possibly wrong in your beliefs whatever they are.

As I’ve previously said, I’m not very familiar with Unitarian doctrine. Is your statement consistent with Unitarianism?

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by johnn
Some serious wacko cultists here that dont believe in science and shore know how to express it in the most Christian like way.

Yer all going to the big pig roast near as I can figure. After attempting to read a page or two, anyone that thinks christianity is gonna save themselves from the "big hereafter" is nothing but a selfish oaf...

Christians are fortunate that they need not save themselves from anything.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
As I’ve previously said, I’m not very familiar with Unitarian doctrine. Is your statement consistent with Unitarianism?
Maybe so, I can't make much sense of the trinity thing, and I do not believe Jesus claimed to be God. I believe he claimed to and did in fact speak for God.

As for the Ebionites, almost all we know about them was written by their enemies. And what their enemies say about them indicates to me that they were much closer to original Christianity than the Catholics of the last many centuries and Southern Baptists of today are.

I believe there were additions and redactions and outright forgeries in the compilation of the New Testament but I'm positive that Matthew, Jesus, James, and the writer of Revelation managed to get their message through. I do believe it quite possible the first 2 chapters of Matthew were additions not written until a later time when it became important to emphasize a virgin birth.

Are you by chance Roman Catholic?

Last edited by Hastings; 10/07/22. Reason: spelling correction

Page 44 of 81 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,044
Posts18,500,862
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.