M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
It's a sad thing that all you only have is personal attacks and diatribe. It's no wonder Christianity is on the decline - nobody with any normal level of self respect would want to be part of that, and you guys are always the ones that arc up when faced with reasonable questions that you can't, or won't answer with honesty, always filling the gaps with false assertions that do nothing but make you feel good, despite what the truth may be.

You don't sell your religion very well and I'm sure that a god would be disappointed. YMMV

You and Raspy just go ahead and console each other in yet another hour of butt hurt.

Well, as usual, one of your unsubstantiated statements is way off target. Regardless if Christianity is in decline or not…….it does not matter…..to YOU….. if you consider the behavior of Christians to be a turnoff.

I'm not the only one who thinks this.

At the end of your day, it will be only ….You and your relationship with Jesus that will matter.

Wild unsubstantiated assertion. Jesus, if he ever existed, died a long time ago.

Just so you know….

You do not see…. A veil lies over your heart….2 Corinthians 3:16 “But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed.”

This is how I know …..with certainty….2 Timothy 1:14 “Guard, through the Holy Spirit, who dwells in us, the treasure which has been entrusted to you.”

As I have noted before….when God comes to live within….and the veil is lifted, there is no doubt and no uncertainty.

This is the evidence and the proof…..

No it's not. Doesn't do a whole lot for me. Everybody has fibrous connective tissue inside their bodies - just holds everything together.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It's a sad thing that all you only have is personal attacks and diatribe. It's no wonder Christianity is on the decline - nobody with any normal level of self respect would want to be part of that, and you guys are always the ones that arc up when faced with reasonable questions that you can't, or won't answer with honesty, always filling the gaps with false assertions that do nothing but make you feel good, despite what the truth may be.

You don't sell your religion very well and I'm sure that a god would be disappointed. YMMV

You and Raspy just go ahead and console each other in yet another hour of butt hurt.

Quote, "nobody with any normal level of self-respect would want to be part of that". Well then, you must be a liar because here you are!

Please name a personal attack...

Quote, "you guys are always the ones that arc up when faced with reasonable questions that you can't, or won't answer with honesty, always filling the gaps with false assertions that do nothing but make you feel good, despite what the truth may be."

Please name one...

Examples can be found here (read carefully):

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/17680838/1

Cannot find a REASONABLE question from you....mostly rude statements such as Christians believe in Santa Claus, fairies, and unicorns.

Try again, but read it properly this time.

Like I stated....cannot find a REASONABLE question from you....mostly rude statements such as Christians believe in Santa Claus, Easter bunny, fairies, and unicorns.

Well at least it's not blasphemy..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Cannot open it...

Illegitimi non carborundum

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You do not see…. A veil lies over your heart….2 Corinthians 3:16 “But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed.”

This is how I know …..with certainty….2 Timothy 1:14 “Guard, through the Holy Spirit, who dwells in us, the treasure which has been entrusted to you.”

As I have noted before….when God comes to live within….and the veil is lifted, there is no doubt and no uncertainty.

Absolutely true. Unfortunately some people are actively working AGAINST seeking God. They’re not necessarily uncertain about the existence of God, but likely are, and more concerned with “combating”, fighting against the spread of His Good Word. They are absolutely worth praying for and as we know they are NOT beyond the reach of our Lord and His saving grace.

That doesn’t mean that they deserve anything but contempt for their actions. The 2 are mutually exclusive in fact. There have been a lot of atheists that have carried on polite and respect discussions about religion without insulting millions or billions of believers. Antelope Sniper was one of the gentlemen that was able to have intelligent debate without the blanket insults. As I said previously, my words and my sentiments are NOT because you’re an atheist, hell it’s not even because you’re an “anti-theist” (although that is more despicable), my insults are because…as I’ve said before….my feelings are based upon your behavior, your disruptive tangents replete with blanket insults and lies and your general all-around douchebaggery. None of that changes the fact that I do and will continue to pray for you both, it’s never too late in this life to turn to God and I sincerely pray that you do.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Well, as usual, one of your unsubstantiated statements is way off target. Regardless if Christianity is in decline or not…….it does not matter…..to YOU….. if you consider the behavior of Christians to be a turnoff.

At the end of your day, it will be only ….You and your relationship with Jesus that will matter.

Wild unsubstantiated assertion. Jesus, if he ever existed, died a long time ago.

Just so you know….

No it's not. Doesn't do a whole lot for me. Everybody has fibrous connective tissue inside their bodies - just holds everything together.

That is part of the evidence that Christians believe....and that is called faith....Can you please tell me why I should reject the words of Jesus who claimed to be God in flesh, fulfilled the prophecies, rose from the dead.?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Quote, "nobody with any normal level of self-respect would want to be part of that". Well then, you must be a liar because here you are!

Quote, "you guys are always the ones that arc up when faced with reasonable questions that you can't, or won't answer with honesty, always filling the gaps with false assertions that do nothing but make you feel good, despite what the truth may be."

Please name one...

Examples can be found here (read carefully):

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/17680838/1

Cannot find a REASONABLE question from you....mostly rude statements such as Christians believe in Santa Claus, fairies, and unicorns.

Try again, but read it properly this time.

Like I stated....cannot find a REASONABLE question from you....mostly rude statements such as Christians believe in Santa Claus, Easter bunny, fairies, and unicorns.

Well at least it's not blasphemy..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Cannot open it...

Raspy….it’s a quote from Ricky Gervais that says the definition of blasphemy is “A law to protect an all-powerful, supernatural deity from getting its feelings hurt.”

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Please name one...[/quote]

Mauser... You wanted a reasonable discussion. I see you don’t really have a good reason. I have given you some quick, basic reasons for my faith and why I believe what I do, and you’ve offered nothing of substance at all. So, please, try again.

Last edited by Raspy; 10/09/22.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by efw
Some serious wacko cultists here that dont believe in science and shore know how to express it in the most Christian like way.

Yer all going to the big pig roast near as I can figure. After attempting to read a page or two, anyone that thinks christianity is gonna save themselves from the "big hereafter" is nothing but a selfish oaf...

Christians are fortunate that they need not save themselves from anything.
Thats news, be specific as all the "Christian" religious I am familar with dangle the afterlife BS

The core message of Christianity is that God has sent His Son to live the perfect life we cannot live, to die, and to be raised so that those who look to that Son in faith may be forgiven.

We don’t save ourselves at all. Everything that needs to be done has been done by God Himself.

Is that so? Then why do so many Christian faiths espouse the promise of a afterlife, and then strike fear by threatening the gates of hell as the only other option.

That seems very self serving to me, what a man does and how he lives should be from the heart, not based on a threat or a reward.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Please name one...

Mauser... You wanted a reasonable discussion. I see you don’t really have a good reason. I have given you some quick, basic reasons for my faith and why I believe what I do, and you’ve offered nothing of substance at all. So, please, try again.

I've been responding in theme to the OPs question. If you can't stand the harsh reality of what comes out of that discussion then maybe you'd be better adopting a safe space somewhere. Christians in particular have been keen to openly judge others based on their Christian beliefs - not always appreciated and never forgotten. A skeptical mind will naturally question everything and not believe anything out of the ordinary - fear and threats don't drive, or divert from, reaching the truth

If you come out of this feeling persecuted and defeated maybe you need to accept that the issue is actually with you.

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
You know, I now believe you are an absolute liar or just a bit looney....regarding this quote from you, "The question you should be asking yourself it why you get defensive to the point of lashing out, hurling insults, acting badly, in order to discourage fair and reasonable questioning." DBT, that is an absolute lie.... this quote from you kills me, "If something is in fact shown to be true, it's beyond question." I must have stated to you and Mauser, that Christians do not have ABSOLUTE PROOF, there is a lot of evidence but NO SOLID PROOF......oh and this quote is laughable, "Examine your own feelings, understand why you feel threatened." I, and I am sure others, absolutely do not feel THREATENED....me, I honestly feel frustrated and very sad for you two Aussies.

Nice Christian manner and values you have there, ad homs, insults, intolerance, false accusations, just suppressed for little longer than your mate Ace who has nothing but these things to respond with.

Give one example of where you think I lied.

You won't and you can't, you can't because it did not happen.

It is you and your buddies, those with 'true Christian tolerancetm' who make false accusations in defense of faith.

Plus the very essence of questioning is not accepting beliefs or assumptions on face value, to examine what we read or told with a critical eye. Apply a bit of healthy skepticism, just as you do with the teachings of any other religion.

If you cannot tolerate questioning, don't engage. Believe whatever floats your boat. Simple as that

I do have nice Christian manners, and I do call a spade, a spade....and what ad hominems, as you are the one attacking a person's character or motivations rather than a position or argument.

Here is another one of your lies about me, quote, "The question you should be asking yourself it why you get defensive to the point of lashing out, hurling insults, acting badly, in order to discourage fair and reasonable questioning." I've never hurled out insults or acted badly, and never discouraged fair and reasonable questioning....again, this is where your twisting vegetable salad comes in to play.

This is another lie, quote, "It is you and your buddies, those with 'true Christian tolerance' who make false accusations in defense of faith." Please name one false accusation I've made.

I disagree with this statement vehemently, quote, "Plus the very essence of questioning is not accepting beliefs or assumptions on face value, to examine what we read or told with a critical eye. Apply a bit of healthy skepticism, just as you do with the teachings of any other religion." I keep stating that myself and other Christians have seen/read the many scriptures in God the Bible, that is enough EVIDENCE for myself and other Christians.... and AGAIN, NO PROOF...isn't that called Christian FAITH?

I can and do tolerate questioning and give you my opinion(s)...as said many times, I believe in God the Bible and that is the only Boat I have to float.

You call a 'spade a spade' according to your beliefs, which the foundation of how you see things.

Bias is the problem.

You see things through the filter of your own faith.

A filter that does not represent me or what I am saying.

For instance, you made a false accusation that I am lying.

Where is your evidence? Produce the evidence or pull your head in and apologies.

As for what is written in the bible being evidence for the truth of its stories, that is not evidence by any stretch of the imagination regardless of what you claim.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've too noticed that Raspy has a habit of accusing people of lieing when he goes into one of his tantrums. I wonder if he does that in real life?

Well?
IC B3

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Unless he can prove that I lied, it is Raspy who is making false accusations, ie, Raspy is lying.

As it happens that I have told no lies, Raspy is in trouble.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw
Some serious wacko cultists here that dont believe in science and shore know how to express it in the most Christian like way.

Yer all going to the big pig roast near as I can figure. After attempting to read a page or two, anyone that thinks christianity is gonna save themselves from the "big hereafter" is nothing but a selfish oaf...

Thats news, be specific as all the "Christian" religious I am familar with dangle the afterlife BS

The core message of Christianity is that God has sent His Son to live the perfect life we cannot live, to die, and to be raised so that those who look to that Son in faith may be forgiven.

We don’t save ourselves at all. Everything that needs to be done has been done by God Himself.

Is that so? Then why do so many Christian faiths espouse the promise of a afterlife, and then strike fear by threatening the gates of hell as the only other option.

That seems very self serving to me, what a man does and how he lives should be from the heart, not based on a threat or a reward.

That’s a good point. I’ve thought about it a lot over the years. I was raised around Hell Fire Brimstone preaching. I don’t agree with that approach but somewhere along the way it became popular.

The nice thing about starting to understand the Gospel is to realize that it isn’t fear driven. It certainly isn’t driven by emotions. I haven’t thought it all the way through but it’s somewhere in between maybe?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Just so you know….

That is part of the evidence that Christians believe....and that is called faith....Can you please tell me why I should reject the words of Jesus who claimed to be God in flesh, fulfilled the prophecies, rose from the dead.?

Your last chance...please answer. You wanted a reasonable discussion. So, please give me a reasonable answer to my question, hint, see above.... Okay, I see you don’t really have a good reason. Again, I have given you some quick, basic reasons for my faith and why I believe what I do, and you’ve offered nothing of substance at all, just stating I am a liar.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw

That’s a good point. I’ve thought about it a lot over the years. I was raised around Hell Fire Brimstone preaching. I don’t agree with that approach but somewhere along the way it became popular.

The nice thing about starting to understand the Gospel is to realize that it isn’t fear driven. It certainly isn’t driven by emotions. I haven’t thought it all the way through but it’s somewhere in between maybe?

No doubt there are good points to christianity, plenty of blood shed in God's name as well..... and why so many religious all claiming to be the only righteous path...... how can this be?

For me it boils down to procreation or evolution, I pick science as at least that can be substantiated with facts and its not just blind faith.

I think many people fear the unknown and want answers, religion supplies those answers......

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I think it’s likely that the overwhelming majority of people who’ve walked away from Christianity did not walk away from anything that had anything to do with the essentials of the faith.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
On the religious threads, when participating, the accounts known as Random Facts and Half Byte certainly appear to be algorithmic in nature.

1 not really personal
2 a well rehearsed apologetic approach without deviation
3 no actual engagement beyond a one sided push
4 ignore, deflect and redirect
5 cycle through the steps again.

Very Bot-like

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

I agree; we should live from the heart. And we do: "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9) If it were not so, we would not have need of a Savior. And the afterlife you refer to is really simply the restoration of the world as it was before sin entered it. At that point, our hearts will be pure and there will be no need for further reward, nor any threat. God has promised to restore the world to its intended state; so we wait for that time to come. If it is self serving to want to be part that, well, okay; I am self serving. But I am also attempting to serve others by explaining these things to them, as best as I understand them. I'd like for everyone to be part of the world when it is restored to its pre-sin state. I don't think anyone is being threatened, but everyone is given a choice. Honesty compels me to admit that some styles of preaching are indeed threatening in their tone, and I am afraid that these do more harm than good sometimes. I am sorry if you or anyone else has been damaged by this type of guilt trip. I really don't think that's the way to treat people. If someone goes to Hell, it is because of the choice they themselves made.

If you have a better way of encouraging mankind to behave, please have at it.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by antlers
I think it’s likely that the overwhelming majority of people who’ve walked away from Christianity did not walk away from anything that had anything to do with the essentials of the faith.

Most insightful response to your own thread. I would propose that people have not walked away from Christianity but rather walked away from the stifling dogma of organized religion and the "church".

The church has let people down, not the Word.

The only conclusion that can be reached from the myriad of self proclaimed expert responses to the OP is that too many Christians are more interested in having a debate about biblical theology vs living the Word. In other words, it is much easier to talk the talk than walk the walk.

And again, the OP must be disappointed that that the vast majority of responders failed to address the original issue put forth.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by OldSchool_BestSchool
Originally Posted by antlers

I would propose that people have not walked away from Christianity but rather walked away from the stifling dogma of organized religion and the "church". Some, yes. Most? Who can say? "Stifling dogma" can be taken to mean that the church is sticking to sound doctrine and is not being seduced by modern liberal interpretations of a church's mission; or, it may just be an excuse people use for not participating in church. They may believe, but they'd rather work, hunt, fish, golf, or whatever on Sunday. And they darn sure don't want to put any money in the collection plate.

The church has let people down, not the Word. You are correct that the Word has never let people down. However, I would say that people have let the church down, not the other way around. Name one human organization that has not eventually lost sight of its original purpose to some extent. Governments, Corporations, hospitals, universities, you name it. Human beings are fallible, get used to it. Christians included, myself included. Again I say, if people were all that great we wouldn't need a Savior.

The only conclusion that can be reached from the myriad of self proclaimed expert responses to the OP is that too many Christians are more interested in having a debate about biblical theology vs living the Word. In other words, it is much easier to talk the talk than walk the walk. Of course it is. Paul said it long ago, paraphrased: I do the things I don't want to do, and fail to do the things I do want to do. In today's parlance, Paul said "I don't walk the talk." One more time: That's why we need a Savior.

By the way, who has proclaimed themselves an expert?

And again, the OP must be disappointed that that the vast majority of responders failed to address the original issue put forth. Christians can walk and chew gum at the same time. The OP's issue has been addressed, as well as some subsequent theological issues. So what? Have you never seen any other Campfire thread stray from its original subject?

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
You know, I now believe you are an absolute liar or just a bit looney....regarding this quote from you, "The question you should be asking yourself it why you get defensive to the point of lashing out, hurling insults, acting badly, in order to discourage fair and reasonable questioning." DBT, that is an absolute lie.... this quote from you kills me, "If something is in fact shown to be true, it's beyond question." I must have stated to you and Mauser, that Christians do not have ABSOLUTE PROOF, there is a lot of evidence but NO SOLID PROOF......oh and this quote is laughable, "Examine your own feelings, understand why you feel threatened." I, and I am sure others, absolutely do not feel THREATENED....me, I honestly feel frustrated and very sad for you two Aussies.

Nice Christian manner and values you have there, ad homs, insults, intolerance, false accusations, just suppressed for little longer than your mate Ace who has nothing but these things to respond with.

Give one example of where you think I lied.

You won't and you can't, you can't because it did not happen.

It is you and your buddies, those with 'true Christian tolerancetm' who make false accusations in defense of faith.

Plus the very essence of questioning is not accepting beliefs or assumptions on face value, to examine what we read or told with a critical eye. Apply a bit of healthy skepticism, just as you do with the teachings of any other religion.

If you cannot tolerate questioning, don't engage. Believe whatever floats your boat. Simple as that

I do have nice Christian manners, and I do call a spade, a spade....and what ad hominems, as you are the one attacking a person's character or motivations rather than a position or argument.

Here is another one of your lies about me, quote, "The question you should be asking yourself it why you get defensive to the point of lashing out, hurling insults, acting badly, in order to discourage fair and reasonable questioning." I've never hurled out insults or acted badly, and never discouraged fair and reasonable questioning....again, this is where your twisting vegetable salad comes in to play.

This is another lie, quote, "It is you and your buddies, those with 'true Christian tolerance' who make false accusations in defense of faith." Please name one false accusation I've made.

I disagree with this statement vehemently, quote, "Plus the very essence of questioning is not accepting beliefs or assumptions on face value, to examine what we read or told with a critical eye. Apply a bit of healthy skepticism, just as you do with the teachings of any other religion." I keep stating that myself and other Christians have seen/read the many scriptures in God the Bible, that is enough EVIDENCE for myself and other Christians.... and AGAIN, NO PROOF...isn't that called Christian FAITH?

I can and do tolerate questioning and give you my opinion(s)...as said many times, I believe in God the Bible and that is the only Boat I have to float.

As for what is written in the bible being evidence for the truth of its stories, that is not evidence by any stretch of the imagination regardless of what you claim.

***Originally Posted by Raspy***

>>>You know, I now believe you are an absolute liar or just a bit looney<<<

....regarding this quote from you, "The question you should be asking yourself it why you get defensive to the point of lashing out, hurling insults, acting badly, in order to discourage fair and reasonable questioning." DBT, that is an absolute lie.... this quote from you kills me, "If something is in fact shown to be true, it's beyond question." I must have stated to you and Mauser, that Christians do not have ABSOLUTE PROOF, there is a lot of evidence but NO SOLID PROOF......oh and this quote is laughable, "Examine your own feelings, understand why you feel threatened." I, and I am sure others, absolutely do not feel THREATENED....me, I honestly feel frustrated and very sad for you two Aussies.

***Ok...you are correct, I did say you are an absolute Liar or just a bit looney....and for this I do apologize.***

[DBT/quote]
As for what is written in the bible being evidence for the truth of its stories, that is not evidence by any stretch of the imagination regardless of what you claim.[/quote]

I keep stating that myself and other Christians have seen/read the many scriptures in God the Bible, that is enough EVIDENCE for myself and other Christians.... and AGAIN, NO PROOF...isn't that called Christian FAITH?

Page 48 of 81 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1Akshooter, 10ring1, 68 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,919
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.