Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Teal, I could LIVE at your camp! LOL Nice set up, congratulations!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks guys.

The shower set up - really very easy and cheap sans the shed/build out. With 2 barrels linked together and NOT taking Hollywood showers - it's great for the whole crew.

Me

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Great looking camp Teal

[Linked Image]
RL Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Teal
Shower set up.

Collect rain off the shed. Shower built in back section of shed.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Into instant hot water deal.

Into the walled off portion in the back. Add a Menards shower set up, hooks and bench - nice way to was off the stink and it does make really hot water. Generator runs the pump so may as well have lights and exhaust fan too.

Decorate

I like your shower setup. Looking to do something similar at our overflow bunkhouse. We have running water but the pressure is too low to consistently operate a tankless heater.

I was thinking of placing a pump between our water source and a tankless heater much like you have done. Looking at the picture, is that two pumps you have in line or a filter system and pump?

I notice (or appears) you have all your equipment, except water barrels, inside. How much heat does the tankless put out considering the wood structure around it?

Are there any recommendations you would give for someone looking to do a similar setup?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's a filter and pump.

Correct on equipment - not much heat at all. We keep the showers short and because it's basically instant - it's not on a long time 'getting warm". Don't know if I'd worry about that tho - they've got good spacing around the internals and we mounted direct to the wall - no issues at all.

There's nothing we'd really change on it. Our issue is being worried about freezing. The shed it's in - not heated or insulated so when nights get low as they're about to - we drain it and prep for freezing - especially the inside. It's not a good set up for rifle season - temps in the single digits. If there was an easy way to have the barrels inside AND ensure none of the hoses could freeze - would be better but this is pretty off grid - we are 40 acres off the road, no electricity save a Honda generator so there's no easy way to provide low heat to the area and keep it from freezing.

If you're in TX - probably not a concern at all.

It's 100% rain water - I'd not recommend it for drinking - we just use it a lot in the summer/early season to extend our time up there - rinse dirt/mud off etc. Feels like a million bucks after 3 days of cutting wood or whatever in summer temps.

Me

IC B2

RL Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Teal
It's a filter and pump.

Correct on equipment - not much heat at all. We keep the showers short and because it's basically instant - it's not on a long time 'getting warm". Don't know if I'd worry about that tho - they've got good spacing around the internals and we mounted direct to the wall - no issues at all.

There's nothing we'd really change on it. Our issue is being worried about freezing. The shed it's in - not heated or insulated so when nights get low as they're about to - we drain it and prep for freezing - especially the inside. It's not a good set up for rifle season - temps in the single digits. If there was an easy way to have the barrels inside AND ensure none of the hoses could freeze - would be better but this is pretty off grid - we are 40 acres off the road, no electricity save a Honda generator so there's no easy way to provide low heat to the area and keep it from freezing.

If you're in TX - probably not a concern at all.

It's 100% rain water - I'd not recommend it for drinking - we just use it a lot in the summer/early season to extend our time up there - rinse dirt/mud off etc. Feels like a million bucks after 3 days of cutting wood or whatever in summer temps.

You are correct - in S TX it will get down to freezing at times but not often and not for long. In the forty's we are putting on the heavy winter gear smile. Thanks for the information - think I will move forward with a similar plan.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

No need for the wood stove this year as it was very warm.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My camps are always simple

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Airboat Deer Camp, circa 1976, Everglades. Me far left, dad far right, dad was one of 7 boys, all of us at camp were related.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That is a cool picture.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not a great picture but...

Great-grandfather's camp. Stonington Peninsula- Upper Michigan.

I was there once as a runt. Some distant cousin owns it now.

My G-Grandfather center and his future son-in-law in here. Both would end up running the Marble Arms Knife shop in Gladstone.

IIRC - this is around 1937?

Me

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Front porch from home my deer camp [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had a variety of camps over the years.

[Linked Image]
Early hunting camp, Colorado mountains, 1978.

[Linked Image]
Elk camp, Colorado mountains, 2003. Late summer when I set it up.

[Linked Image]
Same camp during hunting season.

[Linked Image]
Elk camp using the big wall tent, Colorado mountains, 1995.

[Linked Image]
Caribou camp, Anisak River Alaska, 2009.

[Linked Image]
Coues deer camp, southern Arizona, +/- 2013.

[Linked Image]
Leisurely elk camp, Colorado mountains, +/- 2017.

[Linked Image]
Climbing camp Kahiltna Glacier, Mount McKinley, 1993.

[Linked Image]
Climbing camp, Green Ridge, Mount Shasta, +/-2010.

[Linked Image]
Climbing camp, Gannet Peak, Wyoming, +/- 2012.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,592
Posts18,492,149
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.