M
Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by TF49
It's a sad thing that all you only have is personal attacks and diatribe. It's no wonder Christianity is on the decline - nobody with any normal level of self respect would want to be part of that, and you guys are always the ones that arc up when faced with reasonable questions that you can't, or won't answer with honesty, always filling the gaps with false assertions that do nothing but make you feel good, despite what the truth may be.

You don't sell your religion very well and I'm sure that a god would be disappointed. YMMV

You and Raspy just go ahead and console each other in yet another hour of butt hurt.

Well, as usual, one of your unsubstantiated statements is way off target. Regardless if Christianity is in decline or not…….it does not matter…..to YOU….. if you consider the behavior of Christians to be a turnoff.

I'm not the only one who thinks this.

At the end of your day, it will be only ….You and your relationship with Jesus that will matter.

Wild unsubstantiated assertion. Jesus, if he ever existed, died a long time ago.

Just so you know….

You do not see…. A veil lies over your heart….2 Corinthians 3:16 “But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed.”

This is how I know …..with certainty….2 Timothy 1:14 “Guard, through the Holy Spirit, who dwells in us, the treasure which has been entrusted to you.”

As I have noted before….when God comes to live within….and the veil is lifted, there is no doubt and no uncertainty.

This is the evidence and the proof…..

No it's not. Doesn't do a whole lot for me. Everybody has fibrous connective tissue inside their bodies - just holds everything together.

That is part of the evidence that Christians believe....and that is called faith....Can you please tell me why I should reject the words of Jesus who claimed to be God in flesh, fulfilled the prophecies, rose from the dead.?

Your last chance...please answer. You wanted a reasonable discussion. So, please give me a reasonable answer to my question, hint, see above.... Okay, I see you don’t really have a good reason. Again, I have given you some quick, basic reasons for my faith and why I believe what I do, and you’ve offered nothing of substance at all, just stating I am a liar.

Huh?

You can believe what you like. If you can't handle the questions of your baseless assertions and lack of critical thinking, then you must be militantly closed minded and are clearly happy to remain willfully ignorant.

You come across as so weak in your faith that you try and use flawed arguements to back it up - a god would surely also pick up on this.

Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by IZH27
On the religious threads, when participating, the accounts known as Random Facts and Half Byte certainly appear to be algorithmic in nature.

1 not really personal
2 a well rehearsed apologetic approach without deviation
3 no actual engagement beyond a one sided push
4 ignore, deflect and redirect
5 cycle through the steps again.

Very Bot-like

That's something that a bot would type up.

Well?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It's a sad thing that all you only have is personal attacks and diatribe. It's no wonder Christianity is on the decline - nobody with any normal level of self respect would want to be part of that, and you guys are always the ones that arc up when faced with reasonable questions that you can't, or won't answer with honesty, always filling the gaps with false assertions that do nothing but make you feel good, despite what the truth may be.

You don't sell your religion very well and I'm sure that a god would be disappointed. YMMV

You and Raspy just go ahead and console each other in yet another hour of butt hurt.

Well, as usual, one of your unsubstantiated statements is way off target. Regardless if Christianity is in decline or not…….it does not matter…..to YOU….. if you consider the behavior of Christians to be a turnoff.

At the end of your day, it will be only ….You and your relationship with Jesus that will matter.

Wild unsubstantiated assertion. Jesus, if he ever existed, died a long time ago.

Just so you know….

You do not see…. A veil lies over your heart….2 Corinthians 3:16 “But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed.”

This is how I know …..with certainty….2 Timothy 1:14 “Guard, through the Holy Spirit, who dwells in us, the treasure which has been entrusted to you.”

As I have noted before….when God comes to live within….and the veil is lifted, there is no doubt and no uncertainty.

No it's not. Doesn't do a whole lot for me. Everybody has fibrous connective tissue inside their bodies - just holds everything together.

That is part of the evidence that Christians believe....and that is called faith....Can you please tell me why I should reject the words of Jesus who claimed to be God in flesh, fulfilled the prophecies, rose from the dead.?

Your last chance...please answer. You wanted a reasonable discussion. So, please give me a reasonable answer to my question, hint, see above.... Okay, I see you don’t really have a good reason. Again, I have given you some quick, basic reasons for my faith and why I believe what I do, and you’ve offered nothing of substance at all, just stating I am a liar.

Huh?

You can believe what you like. If you can't handle the questions of your baseless assertions and lack of critical thinking, then you must be militantly closed minded and are clearly happy to remain willfully ignorant.

You come across as so weak in your faith that you try and use flawed arguements to back it up - a god would surely also pick up on this.

Is that your best come-back? You began this by stating you wanted facts and reason. I’m asking that of you, and you don’t give me any.

Again and again I keep stating that myself and other Christians have seen/read the many scriptures in God the Bible, that is enough EVIDENCE for myself and other Christians.... and AGAIN, NO PROOF...isn't that called Christian FAITH?

Last edited by Raspy; 10/10/22. Reason: spelling

Illegitimi non carborundum

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
[quote=mauserand9mm]It's a sad thing that all you only have is personal attacks and diatribe. It's no wonder Christianity is on the decline - nobody with any normal level of self respect would want to be part of that, and you guys are always the ones that arc up when faced with reasonable questions that you can't, or won't answer with honesty, always filling the gaps with false assertions that do nothing but make you feel good, despite what the truth may be.

Just so you know….

Huh?

Is that your best come-back? You began this by stating you wanted facts and reason. I’m asking that of you, and you don’t give me any.

Again and again I keep stating that myself and other Christians have seen/read the many scriptures in God the Bible, that is enough EVIDENCE for myself and other Christians.... and AGAIN, NO PROOF...isn't that called Christian FAITH?[/quote]

It's been repeatedly pointed out to you that what you claim is evidence is not actually evidence of that claim. You just don't get it.

Well?
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
[quote=TF49][quote=mauserand9mm]It's a sad thing that all you only have is personal attacks and diatribe. It's no wonder Christianity is on the decline - nobody with any normal level of self respect would want to be part of that, and you guys are always the ones that arc up when faced with reasonable questions that you can't, or won't answer with honesty, always filling the gaps with false assertions that do nothing but make you feel good, despite what the truth may be.

Just so you know….

Huh?

It's been repeatedly pointed out to you that what you claim is evidence is not actually evidence of that claim. You just don't get it.

--You seem too concerned with proofs, yet you have offered no supporting proofs for your assertions. Using the science of history, one can quickly demonstrate that Jesus existed. At the very least, this includes highly credible eye-witnesses. Secondly, there is the origin of all matter, and therefore space, time and energy, coincided with the Big Bang Creation Event. Whether I have proven anything to you “absolutely” or even absolutely is irrelevant. People accept EVIDENCE for things we take as fact every day, despite the lack of “absolute MAUSER” proof. I have good reasons for accepting the claims of Jesus, and I have similarly good reasons for accepting my wife’s claim that she loves me (and by the way, this is also based on the science of history).

--God The Bible... If Christ did not literally rise from the dead, then none of his history or teachings have any credence....those who witnessed the resurrection of Christ were all consistent in their testimony of what they claimed to have seen. One of the most basic investigation techniques a criminal detective has is to ask a witness or suspect the same question over and over. If their testimony is untrue, their inconsistency obviously indicates their attempted deception. But if they are consistent in their testimony – and consistent with hundreds of others who claimed the same events to be true, then their truthfulness becomes obvious.

There is enough EVIDENCE for myself and other Christians.... and AGAIN EVIDENCE, BUT NO MAUSER PROOF...again, isn't that called Christian FAITH?
--

Last edited by Raspy; 10/10/22. Reason: spelling

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
[quote=mauserand9mm][quote=TF49][quote=mauserand9mm]It's a sad thing that all you only have is personal attacks and diatribe. It's no wonder Christianity is on the decline - nobody with any normal level of self respect would want to be part of that, and you guys are always the ones that arc up when faced with reasonable questions that you can't, or won't answer with honesty, always filling the gaps with false assertions that do nothing but make you feel good, despite what the truth may be.

Just so you know….

Huh?

--You seem too concerned with proofs, yet you have offered no supporting proofs for your assertions. Using the science of history, one can quickly demonstrate that Jesus existed. At the very least, this includes highly credible eye-witnesses. Secondly, there is the origin of all matter, and therefore space, time and energy, coincided with the Big Bang Creation Event. Whether I have proven anything to you “absolutely” or even absolutely is irrelevant. People accept EVIDENCE for things we take as fact every day, despite the lack of “absolute MAUSER” proof. I have good reasons for accepting the claims of Jesus, and I have similarly good reasons for accepting my wife’s claim that she loves me (and by the way, this is also based on the science of history).

--God The Bible... If Christ did not literally rise from the dead, then none of his history or teachings have any credence....those who witnessed the resurrection of Christ were all consistent in their testimony of what they claimed to have seen. One of the most basic investigation techniques a criminal detective has is to ask a witness or suspect the same question over and over. If their testimony is untrue, their inconsistency obviously indicates their attempted deception. But if they are consistent in their testimony – and consistent with hundreds of others who claimed the same events to be true, then their truthfulness becomes obvious.

There is enough EVIDENCE for myself and other Christians.... and AGAIN EVIDENCE, BUT NO MAUSER PROOF...again, isn't that called Christian FAITH?
--[/quote]

Faith is used in lieu of knowing the truth. It's okay to say the truth is not always known, but believers will insert a god into these knowledge gaps, pretending to know the truth, but their stories just deepen the mystery and depart from reality.

Well?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Not all Atheists are fa gg ots

but.... all fa gg ots are Atheists

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
You know, I now believe you are an absolute liar or just a bit looney....regarding this quote from you, "The question you should be asking yourself it why you get defensive to the point of lashing out, hurling insults, acting badly, in order to discourage fair and reasonable questioning." DBT, that is an absolute lie.... this quote from you kills me, "If something is in fact shown to be true, it's beyond question." I must have stated to you and Mauser, that Christians do not have ABSOLUTE PROOF, there is a lot of evidence but NO SOLID PROOF......oh and this quote is laughable, "Examine your own feelings, understand why you feel threatened." I, and I am sure others, absolutely do not feel THREATENED....me, I honestly feel frustrated and very sad for you two Aussies.

Nice Christian manner and values you have there, ad homs, insults, intolerance, false accusations, just suppressed for little longer than your mate Ace who has nothing but these things to respond with.

Give one example of where you think I lied.

You won't and you can't, you can't because it did not happen.

It is you and your buddies, those with 'true Christian tolerancetm' who make false accusations in defense of faith.

Plus the very essence of questioning is not accepting beliefs or assumptions on face value, to examine what we read or told with a critical eye. Apply a bit of healthy skepticism, just as you do with the teachings of any other religion.

If you cannot tolerate questioning, don't engage. Believe whatever floats your boat. Simple as that

I do have nice Christian manners, and I do call a spade, a spade....and what ad hominems, as you are the one attacking a person's character or motivations rather than a position or argument.

Here is another one of your lies about me, quote, "The question you should be asking yourself it why you get defensive to the point of lashing out, hurling insults, acting badly, in order to discourage fair and reasonable questioning." I've never hurled out insults or acted badly, and never discouraged fair and reasonable questioning....again, this is where your twisting vegetable salad comes in to play.

This is another lie, quote, "It is you and your buddies, those with 'true Christian tolerance' who make false accusations in defense of faith." Please name one false accusation I've made.

I disagree with this statement vehemently, quote, "Plus the very essence of questioning is not accepting beliefs or assumptions on face value, to examine what we read or told with a critical eye. Apply a bit of healthy skepticism, just as you do with the teachings of any other religion." I keep stating that myself and other Christians have seen/read the many scriptures in God the Bible, that is enough EVIDENCE for myself and other Christians.... and AGAIN, NO PROOF...isn't that called Christian FAITH?

I can and do tolerate questioning and give you my opinion(s)...as said many times, I believe in God the Bible and that is the only Boat I have to float.

As for what is written in the bible being evidence for the truth of its stories, that is not evidence by any stretch of the imagination regardless of what you claim.

***Originally Posted by Raspy***

>>>You know, I now believe you are an absolute liar or just a bit looney<<<

....regarding this quote from you, "The question you should be asking yourself it why you get defensive to the point of lashing out, hurling insults, acting badly, in order to discourage fair and reasonable questioning." DBT, that is an absolute lie.... this quote from you kills me, "If something is in fact shown to be true, it's beyond question." I must have stated to you and Mauser, that Christians do not have ABSOLUTE PROOF, there is a lot of evidence but NO SOLID PROOF......oh and this quote is laughable, "Examine your own feelings, understand why you feel threatened." I, and I am sure others, absolutely do not feel THREATENED....me, I honestly feel frustrated and very sad for you two Aussies.

***Ok...you are correct, I did say you are an absolute Liar or just a bit looney....and for this I do apologize.***

Originally Posted by DBT
As for what is written in the bible being evidence for the truth of its stories, that is not evidence by any stretch of the imagination regardless of what you claim.

I keep stating that myself and other Christians have seen/read the many scriptures in God the Bible, that is enough EVIDENCE for myself and other Christians.... and AGAIN, NO PROOF...isn't that called Christian FAITH?

You are hand waving. Backpedaling.

Where is the evidence that I have lied?

Are you hoping to avoid backing your accusation?

Last edited by DBT; 10/10/22.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Swamplord

Theists tend to cry a lot. Portraying themselves as the tragic victim. Those that question being the evil ones, the soons of satan, demons, devils.

Lashing out in their anger and grief whenever their cherished fairy tale is questioned. wink

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by DBT

Theists tend to cry a lot. Portraying themselves as the tragic victim. Those that question being the evil ones, the soons of satan, demons, devils.

Lashing out in their anger and grief whenever their cherished fairy tale is questioned. wink

Found heem ! lol

Defending your cherished fa gg ots ....

Explains which Atheist you are

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Found heem ! lol

Defending your cherished fa gg ots ....

Explains which Atheist you are

Are there sad violins playing in the background? Dry your tears, Bub, things are not as bad as you think.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Quick question. Where is a young boy most likely be molested. At a gathering of atheists or at an event held by the Catholic Church. LOL! Hell, virtually every scandal involving mass child rape that has ever been exposed in my home state involved some church or church related organization. I don't think you want to attack atheists on the issue of gayness. No group of people can hold a candle to religious groups in that area. LOL!

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Willto

Quick question. Where is a young boy most likely be molested. At a gathering of atheists or at an event held by the Catholic Church. LOL! Hell, virtually every scandal involving mass child rape that has ever been exposed in my home state involved some church or church related organization. I don't think you want to attack atheists on the issue of gayness. No group of people can hold a candle to religious groups in that area. LOL!

That’s because public schools are protected by corp press.

Seriously.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Bro why.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
--Mauser[/quote]
It's been repeatedly pointed out to you that what you claim is evidence is not actually evidence of that claim. You just don't get it.[/quote]

--Raspy[/quote]

--[/quote]

--Mauser[/quote]
Faith is used in lieu of knowing the truth. It's okay to say the truth is not always known, but believers will insert a god into these knowledge gaps, pretending to know the truth, but their stories just deepen the mystery and depart from reality.[/quote]

I agree with your first sentence and disagree to the pretending part....all I ever stated is that I (only-me) have enough evidence to believe in God the Bible, But NO PROOF...

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
You know, I now believe you are an absolute liar or just a bit looney....regarding this quote from you, "The question you should be asking yourself it why you get defensive to the point of lashing out, hurling insults, acting badly, in order to discourage fair and reasonable questioning." DBT, that is an absolute lie.... this quote from you kills me, "If something is in fact shown to be true, it's beyond question." I must have stated to you and Mauser, that Christians do not have ABSOLUTE PROOF, there is a lot of evidence but NO SOLID PROOF......oh and this quote is laughable, "Examine your own feelings, understand why you feel threatened." I, and I am sure others, absolutely do not feel THREATENED....me, I honestly feel frustrated and very sad for you two Aussies.

Nice Christian manner and values you have there, ad homs, insults, intolerance, false accusations, just suppressed for little longer than your mate Ace who has nothing but these things to respond with.

Give one example of where you think I lied.

You won't and you can't, you can't because it did not happen.

It is you and your buddies, those with 'true Christian tolerancetm' who make false accusations in defense of faith.

Plus the very essence of questioning is not accepting beliefs or assumptions on face value, to examine what we read or told with a critical eye. Apply a bit of healthy skepticism, just as you do with the teachings of any other religion.

If you cannot tolerate questioning, don't engage. Believe whatever floats your boat. Simple as that

I do have nice Christian manners, and I do call a spade, a spade....and what ad hominems, as you are the one attacking a person's character or motivations rather than a position or argument.

Here is another one of your lies about me, quote, "The question you should be asking yourself it why you get defensive to the point of lashing out, hurling insults, acting badly, in order to discourage fair and reasonable questioning." I've never hurled out insults or acted badly, and never discouraged fair and reasonable questioning....again, this is where your twisting vegetable salad comes in to play.

This is another lie, quote, "It is you and your buddies, those with 'true Christian tolerance' who make false accusations in defense of faith." Please name one false accusation I've made.

I disagree with this statement vehemently, quote, "Plus the very essence of questioning is not accepting beliefs or assumptions on face value, to examine what we read or told with a critical eye. Apply a bit of healthy skepticism, just as you do with the teachings of any other religion." I keep stating that myself and other Christians have seen/read the many scriptures in God the Bible, that is enough EVIDENCE for myself and other Christians.... and AGAIN, NO PROOF...isn't that called Christian FAITH?

I can and do tolerate questioning and give you my opinion(s)...as said many times, I believe in God the Bible and that is the only Boat I have to float.

***Originally Posted by Raspy***

>>>You know, I now believe you are an absolute liar or just a bit looney<<<

....regarding this quote from you, "The question you should be asking yourself it why you get defensive to the point of lashing out, hurling insults, acting badly, in order to discourage fair and reasonable questioning." DBT, that is an absolute lie.... this quote from you kills me, "If something is in fact shown to be true, it's beyond question." I must have stated to you and Mauser, that Christians do not have ABSOLUTE PROOF, there is a lot of evidence but NO SOLID PROOF......oh and this quote is laughable, "Examine your own feelings, understand why you feel threatened." I, and I am sure others, absolutely do not feel THREATENED....me, I honestly feel frustrated and very sad for you two Aussies.

***Ok...you are correct, I did say you are an absolute Liar or just a bit looney....and for this I do apologize.***

Originally Posted by DBT

I keep stating that myself and other Christians have seen/read the many scriptures in God the Bible, that is enough EVIDENCE for myself and other Christians.... and AGAIN, NO PROOF...isn't that called Christian FAITH?

You are hand waving. Backpedaling.

Where is the evidence that I have lied?

Are you hoping to avoid backing your accusation?

Did you not read carefully the above? I did make a public apology to you, DBT.....and I stand firm in my Faith.

Last edited by Raspy; 10/11/22. Reason: spelling

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
.."Move on" Thank you.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The new atheists like Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins have made it crystal clear that their goal is to demolish Christianity. And they don’t try to do it under the false pretense of “sorting fact from fiction” and “fair and reasonable questioning and discussion” like certain atheists and anti-theists here do. Their posts clearly have nothing to do with “sorting fact from fiction” or “fair and reasonable questioning and discussion.” The agenda is clearly the same for those mentioned above, but at least Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins are honest about it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Steelwaver
.."Move on" Thank you.

You’re free to click or not click on whatever you like.

Thanks!

Page 49 of 81 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

657 members (06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 222Sako, 204guy, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 2,671 guests, and 1,473 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,608
Posts18,492,398
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.