Print Thread
Hop To
Page 51 of 81 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 80 81
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
If “proof” is so important and science is your religion…facts are necessary and evidence is required……why did Tweedle Dumb Ass and Tweedle Dipshit get vaccinated? Why did you suspend your rigorous requirements and why did you ignore the facts and evidence? It was obvious to anyone with 2 or more brain cells that the entire approach to the fake pandemic was a joke. The “jab” didn’t prevent transmission nor did it didn’t prevent infection yet idiots far and wide ignored the facts and evidence and fought to be first in line for the largest voluntary human experiment in history. 😂

If you were “vaxxed” and boosted and you try to use facts and evidence and scientific-y stuff to hide behind you’re an egotistical dumb ass. 😂

Diatribe, yet none of that proves a god.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If “proof” is so important and science is your religion…facts are necessary and evidence is required……why did Tweedle Dumb Ass and Tweedle Dipshit get vaccinated? Why did you suspend your rigorous requirements and why did you ignore the facts and evidence? It was obvious to anyone with 2 or more brain cells that the entire approach to the fake pandemic was a joke. The “jab” didn’t prevent transmission nor did it didn’t prevent infection yet idiots far and wide ignored the facts and evidence and fought to be first in line for the largest voluntary human experiment in history. 😂

If you were “vaxxed” and boosted and you try to use facts and evidence and scientific-y stuff to hide behind you’re an egotistical dumb ass. 😂

Logic is not your strong point. Nor manners, tolerance, reason or debate. Your specialty is hurling insults. Yet even there, because it's school boy level, infantile, you fail.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
[quote=DBT][quote=Raspy]
You know, I now believe you are an absolute liar or just a bit looney....regarding this quote from you, "The question you should be asking yourself it why you get defensive to the point of lashing out, hurling insults, acting badly, in order to discourage fair and reasonable questioning." DBT, that is an absolute lie.... this quote from you kills me, "If something is in fact shown to be true, it's beyond question." I must have stated to you and Mauser, that Christians do not have ABSOLUTE PROOF, there is a lot of evidence but NO SOLID PROOF......oh and this quote is laughable, "Examine your own feelings, understand why you feel threatened." I, and I am sure others, absolutely do not feel THREATENED....me, I honestly feel frustrated and very sad for you two Aussies.

Nice Christian manner and values you have there, ad homs, insults, intolerance, false accusations, just suppressed for little longer than your mate Ace who has nothing but these things to respond with.

Give one example of where you think I lied.

You won't and you can't, you can't because it did not happen.

It is you and your buddies, those with 'true Christian tolerancetm' who make false accusations in defense of faith.

Plus the very essence of questioning is not accepting beliefs or assumptions on face value, to examine what we read or told with a critical eye. Apply a bit of healthy skepticism, just as you do with the teachings of any other religion.

If you cannot tolerate questioning, don't engage. Believe whatever floats your boat. Simple as that

I do have nice Christian manners, and I do call a spade, a spade....and what ad hominems, as you are the one attacking a person's character or motivations rather than a position or argument.

Here is another one of your lies about me, quote, "The question you should be asking yourself it why you get defensive to the point of lashing out, hurling insults, acting badly, in order to discourage fair and reasonable questioning." I've never hurled out insults or acted badly, and never discouraged fair and reasonable questioning....again, this is where your twisting vegetable salad comes in to play.

This is another lie, quote, "It is you and your buddies, those with 'true Christian tolerance' who make false accusations in defense of faith." Please name one false accusation I've made.

I disagree with this statement vehemently, quote, "Plus the very essence of questioning is not accepting beliefs or assumptions on face value, to examine what we read or told with a critical eye. Apply a bit of healthy skepticism, just as you do with the teachings of any other religion." I keep stating that myself and other Christians have seen/read the many scriptures in God the Bible, that is enough EVIDENCE for myself and other Christians.... and AGAIN, NO PROOF...isn't that called Christian FAITH?

I can and do tolerate questioning and give you my opinion(s)...as said many times, I believe in God the Bible and that is the only Boat I have to float.

As for what is written in the bible being evidence for the truth of its stories, that is not evidence by any stretch of the imagination regardless of what you claim.

***Originally Posted by Raspy***

>>>You know, I now believe you are an absolute liar or just a bit looney<<<

....regarding this quote from you, "The question you should be asking yourself it why you get defensive to the point of lashing out, hurling insults, acting badly, in order to discourage fair and reasonable questioning." DBT, that is an absolute lie.... this quote from you kills me, "If something is in fact shown to be true, it's beyond question." I must have stated to you and Mauser, that Christians do not have ABSOLUTE PROOF, there is a lot of evidence but NO SOLID PROOF......oh and this quote is laughable, "Examine your own feelings, understand why you feel threatened." I, and I am sure others, absolutely do not feel THREATENED....me, I honestly feel frustrated and very sad for you two Aussies.

***Ok...you are correct, I did say you are an absolute Liar or just a bit looney....and for this I do apologize.***

Originally Posted by DBT
As for what is written in the bible being evidence for the truth of its stories, that is not evidence by any stretch of the imagination regardless of what you claim.

I keep stating that myself and other Christians have seen/read the many scriptures in God the Bible, that is enough EVIDENCE for myself and other Christians.... and AGAIN, NO PROOF...isn't that called Christian FAITH?

You are hand waving. Backpedaling.

Where is the evidence that I have lied?

Are you hoping to avoid backing your accusation?

Did you not read carefully the above? I did make a public apology to you, DBT.....and I stand firm in my Faith.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it didn't come across as a genuine apology. You didn't acknowledge that there are no examples of me lying or acting a 'loony,'

As for 'there is enough evidence for Christians,' I have to ask, what exactly is this evidence?

I genuinely meant the apology...

Which is an acknowledgement that I did not lie. That your accusation was false.

As for exact evidence....we already hashed the heck out of that.....but as I suggested above this post..."Proof is the final verdict that removes all doubts, whereas evidence only leads one in the direction of a fact or statement." Evidence is what I hope is true, I guess that hope of mine, is called faith.

Evidence is not defined as being "what I hope is true." The very notion of hope being used as evidence is absurd.

What is hoped to be true and believed to be true on that basis is faith, not evidence. With actual evidence there is no need for faith.

You are confusing the heck out of yourself....
1. Proof is the final verdict that removes all doubts....yes or no?
2. Proof is conclusive; evidence is not necessarily conclusive.
3. Evidence and proof are closely related.
4. Proof comes from evidence....we gather evidence to help prove something.
5. No one can “prove” that God the Bible or any other ultimate tenet of religious faith is TRUE.
6. You are twisting again....you left the following out, which changes the context... "evidence only LEADS one in the DIRECTION of a fact or statement." Evidence is what I HOPE is true, I guess that HOPE of mine, is called FAITH.....REMEMBER, NOT MAUSER PROOF!
7. You said...." Which is an acknowledgement that I did not lie. That your accusation was false." That is true, does make you happier? Geeeesch!

Last edited by Raspy; 10/12/22. Reason: spelling

Illegitimi non carborundum

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT

Logic is not your strong point. Nor manners, tolerance, reason or debate. Your specialty is hurling insults. Yet even there, because it's school boy level, infantile, you fail.

***DBT, regarding Aces statement...and other than you saying "If you were “vaxxed” and boosted and you try to use facts and evidence and scientific-y stuff to hide behind you’re an egotistical dumb ass."

Did you get the drift?

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DBT

Great answer Tweedle Dumbfuck. We can’t all be expected to use such incredible intelligence to discern the facts from the bullshit like you two Einstein’s. Your incredible grasp of science and your fervent demands for irrefutable evidence is what led you 2 butt pirates to get “vaccinated”?

Throw some logic out there for us wouldja?…is it logical to be forced into “voluntarily” submitting yourself for human trials and medical experimentation whether you want to or not? Since you 2 dipshits fancy yourselves as mental giants…a duo powerhouse of intellect and reason that only you two recognize maybe you could explain how your “vaccination” meets the DEFINITION of a vaccine, a real actual vaccine?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DBT

Great answer Tweedle Dumbfuck. We can’t all be expected to use such incredible intelligence to discern the facts from the bullshit like you two Einstein’s. Your incredible grasp of science and your fervent demands for irrefutable evidence is what led you 2 butt pirates to get “vaccinated”?

Throw some logic out there for us wouldja?…is it logical to be forced into “voluntarily” submitting yourself for human trials and medical experimentation whether you want to or not? Since you 2 dipshits fancy yourselves as mental giants…a duo powerhouse of intellect and reason that only you two recognize maybe you could explain how your “vaccination” meets the DEFINITION of a vaccine, a real actual vaccine?

Well speaking for myself, and thinking about when I'm due for the next booster *, I don't understand your point. Are you saying all of science is wrong then, and that the earth is flat, there was a global flood, the sun and stars revolve around the earth, the firmament is supported by turtles, whales are fish, snakes and donkeys talk etc, and that therefore god? As a result of the handling of Covid-19 and the vaccinations - therefore god?

(* This stuff hasn't killed me yet, and I kinda feel that it makes me stronger. I love to taunt the alpha-Karens with it.)

Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Your Nappy may need changing, Sweetie. Don't cry, someone'll come along and change it.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It’s been said that John 3:16 is the Gospel in a nutshell.

Christianity…in a nutshell…started with an event in history ~ the resurrection of Jesus. And immediately following His resurrection, there was a new movement. It was the ekklesia of Jesus; the body of believers that was eventually called the church. And during these historical times, people who were involved in these events documented them for us. They were eyewitness accounts. This is how we got the four Gospels and the Book of Acts. All of it happened in the first century before 70 AD, when the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem was destroyed.

So within 35 years or so of the time of Jesus, these things were documented by people who were part of the movement. And then about 255 plus years later, the first Christian Bible was assembled. This is important because the narrative of Jesus is why there is a Christian Bible. Jesus is the reason for ‘the Bible’.

People need to understand that if there’d been no resurrection, there would’ve been no church. And if there’d been no church, there would’ve been no one to document anything. Apart from Jesus’ resurrection, there would be no Christian Bible. So, regarding the OP, people need to understand that when they walk away from Christianity…and their reason’s for doing so typically have nothing to do with anything that’s foundational to the faith…they’re not only walking away from an event in history, they’re actually walking away from a person ~ Jesus.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
These are not my words; they come from an article by Dr. Pierre Kory and is part of an anonymous essay on Substack. It is about the COVID situation, but the principles apply here as well. Of course, at this point there hasn't been a total censorship of Christian viewpoints; but anyone with eyes to see can't help but notice the trend in that direction. Denial of the "preponderance of the evidence" seems to occur in matters of theology as well as medicine.

"In many ways, forcing two opposing viewpoints to present their evidence and then having the appropriate parties determine which side presented the preponderance of evidence and thus “wins” is the best solution our species has developed for settling otherwise irreconcilable differences of opinion.

Unfortunately, as our times have shown, the natural response to having our society place a heavy weight on “evidence” is to have dishonest parties “win,” not by being on the side with the best evidence, but rather by buying out the entire evidence base and censoring the opposition — effectively creating a much more sophisticated form of “might makes right.”

In many ways, the anatomy of corruption within “science-based” medicine is quite simple and like many other things in business, continually reuses the same formulas. As a result, once you understand how corruption plays out in a few areas, it becomes feasible to understand how things will play out in many others.

I thus would argue many of the events we witnessed throughout COVID-19 (e.g. the sudden extreme censorship of scientific debate recently detailed by Pierre Kory), simply represents all of this longstanding corruption metastasizing to a degree which finally became visible to the general public."

from: https://www.theepochtimes.com/healt...e=partner&utm_campaign=BonginoReport

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
The trust in science when applied to any discipline is always dependent upon the honesty, integrity, self questioning and introspection of the practitioner.

All science is hamstrung with such a handicap. This is what is so laughable about the atheists willingness to rely on humanity selectively.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Swamplord
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

This is the gist of Chesterton’s The Ball & The Cross which I’m reading now.

Excellent story deeply compelling and well thought out.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by IZH27
The trust in science when applied to any discipline is always dependent upon the honesty, integrity, self questioning and introspection of the practitioner.

All science is hamstrung with such a handicap. This is what is so laughable about the atheists willingness to rely on humanity selectively.

Yep there is no getting around faith.

Even if the practitioner is an honest actor, there are more fundamental questions around the nature of rationality itself… that is, if there is no God (that is, transcendent rationality) and everything “just is” aren’t you running on faith when you believe your senses and your thoughts?

People who push this stuff can’t even prove they exist, or that they have free will or a rational mind. Yet they mock us.

Fundamental lack of intellectual honesty, hubris, and chronological snobbery combined together to make some of the most charming individuals out there…

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Given "The Church's" history of persecuting any they declared to be a heretic, up to and including burning them at the stake, for something close to 1500 years; Swamplord's cartoon could more accurately depict Christians as the mad mob pointing at an "unbeliever".

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by IZH27

Yep there is no getting around faith.

Even if the practitioner is an honest actor, there are more fundamental questions around the nature of rationality itself… that is, if there is no God (that is, transcendent rationality) and everything “just is” aren’t you running on faith when you believe your senses and your thoughts?

People who push this stuff can’t even prove they exist, or that they have free will or a rational mind. Yet they mock us.

Fundamental lack of intellectual honesty, hubris, and chronological snobbery combined together to make some of the most charming individuals out there…

Very well stated. I’ve been asking for that proof of existence from random data and half byte. So far, no validation of life on those accounts.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Given "The Church's" history of persecuting any they declared to be a heretic, up to and including burning them at the stake, for something close to 1500 years; Swamplord's cartoon could more accurately depict Christians as the mad mob pointing at an "unbeliever".

Do you have a rationale to back up your claim against the church at large or can that claim only be levied against the church when it was used for political purposes rather than its intended purpose?

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
The church used for political purposes??????
Surely you jest!

When the church is writing the laws of the land. When the church is directing the marriages of Princes and Princesses. When the church has to approve the ascendency of kings and queens.

The church is the political body.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
No. The church isn’t a political body. It has been abused and used as such but it isn’t intended to be political. If you are speaking about the RC church I can see your point. I don’t factor the RC church into my thinking.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by antlers
It’s been said that John 3:16 is the Gospel in a nutshell.

Christianity…in a nutshell…started with an event in history ~ the resurrection of Jesus. And immediately following His resurrection, there was a new movement. It was the ekklesia of Jesus; the body of believers that was eventually called the church. And during these historical times, people who were involved in these events documented them for us. They were eyewitness accounts. This is how we got the four Gospels and the Book of Acts. All of it happened in the first century before 70 AD, when the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem was destroyed.

So within 35 years or so of the time of Jesus, these things were documented by people who were part of the movement. And then about 255 plus years later, the first Christian Bible was assembled. This is important because the narrative of Jesus is why there is a Christian Bible. Jesus is the reason for ‘the Bible’.

People need to understand that if there’d been no resurrection, there would’ve been no church. And if there’d been no church, there would’ve been no one to document anything. Apart from Jesus’ resurrection, there would be no Christian Bible. So, regarding the OP, people need to understand that when they walk away from Christianity…and their reason’s for doing so typically have nothing to do with anything that’s foundational to the faith…they’re not only walking away from an event in history, they’re actually walking away from a person ~ Jesus.

Damn....this was/is enlightening....

Page 51 of 81 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1Akshooter, 10ring1, 68 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,397 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,919
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.