Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 83 of 156 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 155 156
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
In all honesty and I’ve stated my ambiguity in all this, this “war” feels a lot like the Falkland’s war only this war feels more “fair” and more evenly matched despite that Ukraines capabilities are only a fraction of what Russia’s are. We HAD to be on Britain’s side of the Falkland’s war and now we apparently have to be NOT on Russia’s side….

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
In all honesty and I’ve stated my ambiguity in all this, this “war” feels a lot like the Falkland’s war only this war feels more “fair” and more evenly matched despite that Ukraines capabilities are only a fraction of what Russia’s are. We HAD to be on Britain’s side of the Falkland’s war and now we apparently have to be NOT on Russia’s side….

War and politics, Aces.

What goes in one side comes out the other totally unrecognizable.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by TreeMutt
Ukraine is winning and beating Russia both on the battlefield and on Social media.

Barrons, Reuters

Can you prove THE MOST CORRUPT STATE IN THE WORLD (besides the US) is winning? What are your sources? Social Media? Ok then it has to be completely reliable, right?

Can anyone give one reason why we are squandering billions in treasure and weapons, and maybe blood in the future, all possibly leading in to nuclear destruction, for Ukraine???

And how does this reason benefit the American citizen?

Winston Churchill quote; "the first casualty of war is the truth"

What is your position on Putin’s invasions of Georgia, The Crimea and Ukraine?

Hopefully Treemutt will return.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Kremlin now saying that the borders of the sham annexed areas are not important and can be clearly defined at a later time.

Reuters, BBC

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Kremlin now saying that the borders of the sham annexed areas are not important and can be clearly defined at a later time.

Reuters, BBC

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Russia, in a letter to the United Nations, will renege on the Black Sea Grain Export Agreement unless specific demands are met.

Fortune, Barrons, Reuters

Another agreement that putin makes then reneges on. Big surprise, that
Maybe the UN can give Russia some more demerits? Maybe the EU can put a price cap on Russia's oil. Wait, they already did that.

The way Russia is acting they are pretty sure of the cards they hold (or they're bluffing).

Maybe Europe can get dark and cold this winter unless we cut our own country short and run prices through the roof after the election. I'm betting Ukraine won't be near so popular with the folks of western Europe if they are freezing in the dark.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Hastings
Russia, in a letter to the United Nations, will renege on the Black Sea Grain Export Agreement unless specific demands are met.

Maybe the UN can give Russia some more demerits? Maybe the EU can put a price cap on Russia's oil. Wait, they already did that.

The way Russia is acting they are pretty sure of the cards they hold (or they're bluffing).

Maybe Europe can get dark and cold this winter unless we cut our own country short and run prices through the roof after the election. I'm betting Ukraine won't be near so popular with the folks of western Europe if they are freezing in the dark.

Europe won’t freeze in the dark this winter. Will it be more expensive for them? Yep and for us also.

The price cap target for Russian seaborne oil to be in effect is late November of this year and not now as you’ve said.

Unlike your boy putin The EU is abiding by the prices for energy according to existing contracts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Looks like Europe is ahead of its energy targets for November, already. Gas storage is at 91% of capacity, ahead of the 80% target for October 1.

Imports from Russia are down to 9% from 36%, replaced by gas from primarily Algeria and Norway, plus LNG from the US. Coal plants are firing up.

None of which was cheap, fwiw. A lifelong friend of mine sells windmill contracts. He’s seeing revenue as high as $0.71 c/KWH.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Europe won’t freeze in the dark this winter. Will it be more expensive for them? Yep and for us also.

The price cap target for Russian seaborne oil to be in effect is late November of this year and not now as you’ve said.

Unlike your boy putin The EU is abiding by the prices for energy according to existing contracts.
I hope we can stop the village idiot from sending any more of our fuel to Europe or China. If we are importing fuel at great expense and drawing down our emergency reserves it is crazy to let any other country have our oil, gas, and coal. Or uranium.

As to Putin, when other countries start making economic war on him, all agreements are annulled. It's war.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

I hope we can stop the village idiot from sending any more of our fuel to Europe or China. If we are importing fuel at great expense and drawing down our emergency reserves it is crazy to let any other country have our oil, gas, and coal. Or uranium.

As to Putin, when other countries start making economic war on him, all agreements are annulled. It's war.

Oil and LNG are international commodities.

All agreements are not annulled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
]I hope we can stop the village idiot from sending any more of our fuel to Europe or China. If we are importing fuel at great expense and drawing down our emergency reserves it is crazy to let any other country have our oil, gas, and coal. Or uranium.

Increasing our oil and gas resources was one of Trumps main accomplishments. Without it, US economic influence around the world would have been a fraction what it is now. The fracking revolution took the influence of OPEC + Russia down several pegs. Without it, the world would have been at the mercy of the sheiks, the mullah’s, the ayatollah and the madmen. Utter instability like we had in the ‘70’s.

It was Trump who warned, loudly, about dependence on Russian energy, and was ridiculed for it. I could easily make the argument that Putin rushed the Ukraine thing because his window to use his energy supplies as a weapon was rapidly closing.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Musk’s Space X has spent over $80 million to date for providing Starlink services to Ukraine and says he remains committed and that will possibly total $100 million by years end.

PC Mag

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

That would make for a miserable winter, but I think Europe knows that it would only have got worse as time went on. So yes it will be bad. But would have been worse had the can been kicked down the road even further.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by plumbum

That would make for a miserable winter, but I think Europe knows that it would only have got worse as time went on. So yes it will be bad. But would have been worse had the can been kicked down the road even further.

Uhhh...please post 2 sources for your idiotic post.

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by plumbum

Russia is depending largely on The Power Of Siberia pipeline that ties into China for their energy use but China holds the cards in the price and contract negotiations for the Russian natural gas.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Nobody can stop him from dishonoring his agreements, but nobody can be expected to trust him either.

He dishonored his commitment to Ukraine's territorial sovereignty, which was given in exchange for Ukraine's USSR-legacy nuclear weapons. Now he is threatening to dishonor more agreements, with the intention of causing food shortages in uninvolved countries.

That's why the world is opposing his adventure.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Citations please.

Jeezus you and tootie are dumb.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Musk’s Space X has spent over $80 million to date for providing Starlink services to Ukraine and says he remains committed and that will possibly total $100 million by years end.
PC Mag
I don't know starlink from a cufflink but what I read was that Musk said he cannot continue to fund service to Ukraine and that the U.S. would have to pay as much as $400 to $500 million for the next year and that he wouldn't extend service to Crimea for fear of touching off a nuclear war.

I'm hoping Russia prevails and I really wish we would just stay out of it. How smart is it to be making war with a country that has the ability to annihilate you over a country that is criminal and corrupt to say the least. It would benefit us if Ukraine was divvied up between Russia and Poland since the best option of being a neutral buffer state ain't happening.

Page 83 of 156 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 155 156

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

62 members (300_savage, 6mmCreedmoor, artur, Backroads, 260Remguy, 7 invisible), 1,472 guests, and 971 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,405
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.