Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Barely 28yrs ago and more than a "few" Camps after this frame. The press goes back 36yrs. Fhuqking Burris Posi-Lock..

I had two Burris posi-locks. Biggest pos’s ever, as all Burris products are…

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Hey Stick, I saw on that YouTube channel that the Ultimate Reloader is needing a camera guy. You can definitely take some pictures, but I think the draw back would be your ability to focus for more than two seconds at a time, and I kinda think your ability to process things is a tad bit off, but who knows might want to give it a try.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They wander,like a Mad Woman going to take a schit...no rhyme and assuredly no reason. Hint.

(5th) 257 Wby I had built here. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Jane,

You are sucking the wrong ass...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep extolling your Man Lust Fantasies and very WELL founded Insecurities and I'll simply fuel them. Hint.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Never cared to much for fish there Sticky. If you want to impress me, post up a shooting classification. Maybe even a qualification off from your DD 214, if your height or the don't ask don't tell policy wasn't in effect and kept you out of the service.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jane,

What was I wearing,when you thought about me that time...you "lucky" kchunt? Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep extolling your Man Lust Fantasies and very WELL founded Insecurities and I'll simply fuel them. Hint.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Stick, did you ever work with Leon Evans?

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Here ya go Sticky, I never ask you to post anything that I didn't myself. Don't want anyone to think that I was a internet windbag

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

C
ClemB Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by ClemB
If I want to shoot a big boy I'll reach for one of my 45-70s.

45-70 is not a big boy. You just showed me that you're not someone whose opinion or comments have much relevancy.
And this shows how much you know. I'm not talking whimpy 45-70 trapdoor loads. You can load some of today's rifles chambered in .45-70 up to almost .458 Win equivalency.
You give me a .45-70 like a Ruger #1 and the right bullets and I'll hunt anything in this world without of being under gunned.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Hunting the world with a single shot 45-70 Gov would be quite difficult and your assessment that the 45-70 Gov is almost equivalent to the 458 Win Mag is magazine folklore.

With 24” barrels, even in a Ruger No. 1 using 500 gr loads at peak pressure you’ll spit it out at around 1,800 fps. Using peak pressure in a 458 Win Mag and RL7 powder you’ll top 2,200 fps. So no the 45-70 Gov is not in the same lane as a 458 Win Mag. Drop down to 400 gr loads and the 458 Win Mag will mop the floor with a 45-70 Gov by way of speed and spitzer bullet loads.

U
UAE Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
U
Always a bunch of morons and web expert here !

BECAUSE The 7mm RMG is still the best 284 available ! very simple.

if you handload and your barrel is 25/26 inch you can launch a 160/170 grains BT at 3100fps without any problem.
a 175 grains at 3050/3080fps depending of your barrel.

Any big game hit from 0 to 600 yds will go down... the recoil is minimal, the blast is none, the accuracy is top notch, easy on barrel if you clean it and don't over heat it !

I found 25 inch barrel with the 7 RMG is the best length.

If the 7 RMG can't do the job any 300 won't ! if you need more you play in a different league. buy a 338 !

Morons buy ultra, mega, nosler new BS. Those [bleep] need a 27/28 inch barrel to really shy, are way overbore, burn barrel, recoil, swallow powder , the blast etc lots of trade off to gain only 100/150fps of velocity !

NO THANK YOU....

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by UAE
Always a bunch of morons and web expert here !

BECAUSE The 7mm RMG is still the best 284 available ! very simple.

if you handload and your barrel is 25/26 inch you can launch a 160/170 grains BT at 3100fps without any problem.
a 175 grains at 3050/3080fps depending of your barrel.

Any big game hit from 0 to 600 yds will go down... the recoil is minimal, the blast is none, the accuracy is top notch, easy on barrel if you clean it and don't over heat it !

I found 25 inch barrel with the 7 RMG is the best length.

If the 7 RMG can't do the job any 300 won't ! if you need more you play in a different league. buy a 338 !

Morons buy ultra, mega, nosler new BS. Those [bleep] need a 27/28 inch barrel to really shy, are way overbore, burn barrel, recoil, swallow powder , the blast etc lots of trade off to gain only 100/150fps of velocity !

NO THANK YOU....

holy smokes, just go ahead and tell everbody on a public forum about the frilly pink lace underwear you have on

keep it to yourself sissy

haaaaahahahaha

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MAC
If I want to shoot a big boy I'll reach for one of my 45-70s.

45-70 is not a big boy. You just showed me that you're not someone whose opinion or comments have much relevancy.
And this shows how much you know. I'm not talking whimpy 45-70 trapdoor loads. You can load some of today's rifles chambered in .45-70 up to almost .458 Win equivalency.
You give me a .45-70 like a Ruger #1 and the right bullets and I'll hunt anything in this world without of being under gunned.

I have hunted with the 458 Win Mag, the 458 Lott, the 416 Rigby, the 450 Rigby, the 450/400 Nitro Express and the 470 Nitro Express. The 45-70 is a child's gun which is why you use it.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Imagine how boring it would be if there was only one cartridge...

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I had my fun with the 7MM RM, I thought it was more than I needed for deer but they did die well enough. I couldn't see any huge difference in killing power on elk over my 30-06 so I went on to the 300 Win mag odyssey. It was a fine elk killer and for some reason I felt better than either the 7MM and my 30-06. A bit more destructive mostly. Next up was a 338 Win mag. Took two elk with it and it did not do any better than the others and I went back to my 30-06. Nowadays we have multiple rifles for every situation and the need for a do it all rifle has subsided.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
IMO. The magnums are only good for shooting the heavier pills, And longer range. Let’s say Past 500 or 600 yards.
Example. My 270 win. with 140s at 3050 has very Similar ballistics to 7mag with 140.
The price difference in ammo, recoil and grains of powder is not really worth it with the lighter pills.

Most 270s don’t shoot 160 due to twist.so trying to compare them plus the difference in powder charge capacity is a moot point.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Clammy was never "in" it and Urfubar remains an Epic Lying Piece Of Fhuqking CLUELESS Schit. Hint.

That's a bunkhouse in a Logging Camp,so keep them WELL founded Insecurities rollin',as you Melting Snowflakes "live" vicariously. Hint.

P.S. and by the way,do not "forget" that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Savvy that, so livin like a groid in the projects is nothing new. 👊🏻

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Jane,

It's hardly a "confession",that you read me more than anyone else and ogle the Splendid Pixels as you "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

If only because you've NO other "move". Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Keep citing your very WELL founded Insecurities and I'll happily fuel same,as you wax eloquent upon your Man Lust Fantasies. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Ummmm, why did you even fuuck with that???? Haha

Maybe drive a good log into it next time and let it explode like it should have.. dummy 😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by keith
I think that Stick should have his own Cable Channel, and skip writing a book!

Or maybe you should fly up and gargle his goat sack monthly??? 😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jim270
Stick, I don't know anything about cutting trees or logging or anything, but do you have to have some sort of certification to do that? If so post it up, so I know you're not lying about that too!

Jim, only lazy bushelors got time to pose for pics. Real cutters, don’t worry bout packin a camera in their nose bag… hint 😆

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hanco
There are lots of 7 mag fans out there. I only have 5.

I have ONE.. but then ONE is all I really need, when I think I need to take a 7 Mag out in the field....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (007FJ, 21, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 69 invisible), 2,572 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,916
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.