Print Thread
Hop To
Page 54 of 81 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 80 81
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by DBT
There it is, Christian tolerance on full display. Make Jesus, the Saviour that you profess to believe in proud, guys. Unable to engage in rational discussion or debate, Men? Adults? Nah, schoolboy level insults are all you have.

Weak ... extremely weak & pathetic attempt at distracting & diverting attention .. EXACTLY like a Libtard Democrat ....

Go ahead & attempt to dismiss ALL THE FACTS stated ... by way of misquoting "Christian tolerance" to suit your bs needs... Just Another cherry picking sodomist/satanist, taking bible verses out of context and twisting them to suit their lies ...

Christianity didn't survive for 2022 years by kneeling to the will of mindless intolerant despots such as yourself ...

Christianity survived by being defiant & by fighting back against the constants assaults of sodomists demonically possessed ....

Debate is rational only if you control the commentary ...

Well I got news for you...

GOD works in mysterious ways ........ sometimes the works involve .. working on your level of low

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
/ \
I
I
I

That.

BOT response is to control all aspects of the conversation.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Christianity didn't survive for 2022 years by kneeling to the will of mindless intolerant despots such as yourself ...

Christianity survived by being defiant & by fighting back against the constants assaults of sodomists demonically possessed ....
Sorry, but for the most part Christianity did not survive. There is an organization that sails under the flag of Christianity. Much like a pirate ship using the Union Jack for cover.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Hastings.

With all due respect Italians and Pols didn’t discover Christianity in 1600’s Poland.

Unitarianism is not Christianity. It is another pagan religion that denies the deity of Christ, views Christ as nothing more than a prophet, establishes yet another works/merit based religion, aligns itself with Islam, LDS, Watchtower Society, Hinduism and every other religion in the world.

You are following every gutter religion in the world. There is nothing of Christ in anything that you say as you proselytize. You have removed Christ from Christianity and made yourself His equal, He being nothing more than a good example to follow.

St John said in the book of first John, I write these things so that you may know that you have eternal life. That is a primary mark of Christianity. Do you KNOW that you have eternal life?

Last edited by IZH27; 10/16/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
"Unitarianism is not Christianity". So say ye.

IC B2

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Hastings

If Unitarianism is Christianity than the word Christianity has no meaning whatsoever.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw
If Unitarianism is Christianity than the word Christianity has no meaning whatsoever.
Matthew 7:13-14

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by efw

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”

How ironic. Most Unitarians don’t believe in an afterlife, and they most definitely don’t believe in eternal damnation. Isn’t that what “destruction” refers to in the verse you love to quote? What does destruction mean to you?

Do you believe there is a Heaven or hell? Eternal life?

Getting harder to distinguish between your (Unitarian) statements and those of atheists and humanists.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You very often draw these verses like a gun towards anyone who disagrees with your theology. Since that’s the case, are you pointing out that those who disagree with your theology are on the broad road with the wide gate that leads to destruction, while you yourself are one of only a few who are on the narrow road with the small gate that leads to life…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
There it is, Christian tolerance on full display. Make Jesus, the Saviour that you profess to believe in proud, guys. Unable to engage in rational discussion or debate, Men? Adults? Nah, schoolboy level insults are all you have.

Virtually every broad and sweeping comment you and your buddy make are nothing more than your opinions stated as fact …simple opinions….nothing more. Mostly you offer no proof or supporting evidence.

Your statements are therefore “unfalsifiable” as they are simple opinions and you have set yourself up as the “judge” over your own opinions.

Your keyboards are just baloney factories.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

No. So says the scripture.

By simple definition Unitarianism is not and cannot be Christianity. It cannot be Christianity because it make God a man.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Hastings. Do you know, as St. John said, that you have eternal life?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You have desecrated the cross and have jeopardized what Unitarians believe: that salvation is for all, and all will ultimately be saved; none will go to hell. Another HUGE irony. One can’t be saved without believing in the deity of Jesus and that He died for your sins, was buried, and was resurrected from the dead. Salvation doesn’t actually seem to be an important value to Unitarians, just the opposite.

Unitarians consider human relationships in this present life more important than a relationship with Jesus that will ensure a future eternal life. Salvation is impossible if you reject the divinity and deity of Jesus Christ. Jesus is God, the way, the truth, and the life.

It’s arrogant and blasphemous to reject the deity of Jesus, inspired scripture, original sin, hell, and the Holy Spirit.

No true Christian and believer of Jesus Christ would ever be a part of the Unitarian cult.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
You very often draw these verses like a gun towards anyone who disagrees with your theology. Since that’s the case, are you pointing out that those who disagree with your theology are on the broad road with the wide gate that leads to destruction, while you yourself are one of only a few who are on the narrow road with the small gate that leads to life…?
I don't know. Just heeding Jesus' warnings about not following the big herd on the big road. And to not believe someone who says they saw him out in the desert. Trying to use Jesus' words only for the most part, and of course the "Old Testament" which he endorsed.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Heading off to church, will be back in 3 or 4 hours. It is a Southern Baptist church which recently pulled all funding from the state and national organization and also has a congregation that would probably be considered about 1/2 Unitarian by some of you folks.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Hastings.

You reported yourself as being Unitarian in belief several weeks ago. Why would you implicate that we consider you to hold beliefs that you haven’t embraced?

If that’s what you believe embrace it. Own it. Run with it.

Last edited by IZH27; 10/16/22.
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I don't know.
You don't know why you’re posting what you post…?
Just heeding Jesus' warnings about not following the big herd on the big road.
But you’re not just choosing to heed that warning yourself; you also repeatedly weaponize it against those who disagree with your theology.
And to not believe someone who says they saw him out in the desert.
Are those Jesus’ words, or is that your theology…?
Trying to use Jesus' words only for the most part, and of course the "Old Testament" which he endorsed.
Jesus clearly said told His followers that there were many things that He chose not to tell them because they lacked the discernment necessary to understand them ~ but He’d send an advocate to help them understand. These were His words ~ do they carry any weight with you…? You’ve repeatedly said the New Testament is corrupted. Is all of it corrupted, including Jesus’ words, or is only the parts that don’t line up with your theology corrupted…? Jesus quoted the old testament to Jews who already accepted the authority of it. But when He spoke to unbelievers…like the woman at the well, the rich young ruler, Pilate, and the thief on the cross…He wasn’t firing old testament verses at them.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by CCCC
Superstition has nothing to do with it all - rationality does.

Rationally why would a higher power even care about a bunch of sinning arrogant apes?

Good question - try to consider what was demonstrated and continue to ask yourself that question - the answer can be rewarding.

Nothing was actually demonstrated though.

Apparently you missed it completely - why not open your eyes and thinking to the realities of humankind.

The noted demonstration consists of centuries of human behavior, its products and related failure with regard to ultimate truths. It seems that you are willing to ignore the immense mass of that demonstrated and proven outcome to instead place your belief in a comparatively miniscule quantity of things that can be proven or produced by humans.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
"I don't know. "You don't know why you’re posting what you post...?

Specifically, I don't know if you are on the "broad road with the wide gate that leads to destruction". I would hope the Lord would not hold it against someone if they sincerely believed something because they misinterpreted some transcription or were misled. I think the belief that Jesus is God is not true, but maybe I'm wrong. I keep reading the gospels, particularly Matthew (maybe minus the first 2 chapters) and I find no evidence that Jesus considered himself God. And I do think the synoptic gospels are fairly accurate brief accounts of Jesus' life.

I always thought the claim that Jesus was god came from the Roman Catholic church. Even now they chant about "Holy Mary Mother of God".
Originally Posted by IZH27
Hastings.
You reported yourself as being Unitarian in belief several weeks ago. Why would you implicate that we consider you to hold beliefs that you haven’t embraced?
If that’s what you believe embrace it. Own it. Run with it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have said from the beginning that my belief is that there is only one God and that Jesus was/is his agent to deal with humankind.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
In fairness I had a difficult time understanding anything that you were saying before you clarified that you are Unitarian. What I saw was someone trying to identify as orthodox Christian while talking like something radically different.

Jesus as the agent of God sounds rather rather fancy but clearly denies Christ’s Deity. That’s your belief so if your happy I’m happy for you. That belief simply, by definition, cannot be called different.

I’ve asked several times about your thoughts on knowledge of eternal life. I understand that Unitarianism may not teach that eternal life is a thing. Would you clarify that for me? I find the need for believing and worshiping God a pretty empty endeavor if there is no resurrection from the dead.

Page 54 of 81 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1Akshooter, 10ring1, 68 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,919
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.