Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 55 of 81 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 80 81
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IZH27
In fairness I had a difficult time understanding anything that you were saying before you clarified that you are Unitarian. What I saw was someone trying to identify as orthodox Christian while talking like something radically different.
Jesus as the agent of God sounds rather rather fancy but clearly denies Christ’s Deity. That’s your belief so if your happy I’m happy for you. That belief simply, by definition, cannot be called different.

I’ve asked several times about your thoughts on knowledge of eternal life. I understand that Unitarianism may not teach that eternal life is a thing. Would you clarify that for me? I find the need for believing and worshiping God a pretty empty endeavor if there is no resurrection from the dead.
Let me think about how to answer you on the resurrection. But if Jesus was actually God how does that square with Exodus 33:18-20 where God clearly said "there shall no man see me and live"? It's complicated and confusing when you leave Jesus' actual teachings and start going with what others claim about him.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Superstition has nothing to do with it all - rationality does.

Rationally why would a higher power even care about a bunch of sinning arrogant apes?

Good question - try to consider what was demonstrated and continue to ask yourself that question - the answer can be rewarding.

Nothing was actually demonstrated though.

Apparently you missed it completely - why not open your eyes and thinking to the realities of humankind.

The noted demonstration consists of centuries of human behavior, its products and related failure with regard to ultimate truths. It seems that you are willing to ignore the immense mass of that demonstrated and proven outcome to instead place your belief in a comparatively miniscule quantity of things that can be proven or produced by humans.

That's the arguement from popularity fallacy, you flat earther you.

A false belief is never true regardless of how many believe it or for how long.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Originally Posted by DBT
There it is, Christian tolerance on full display. Make Jesus, the Saviour that you profess to believe in proud, guys. Unable to engage in rational discussion or debate, Men? Adults? Nah, schoolboy level insults are all you have.

Weak ... extremely weak & pathetic attempt at distracting & diverting attention .. EXACTLY like a Libtard Democrat ....

Go ahead & attempt to dismiss ALL THE FACTS stated ... by way of misquoting "Christian tolerance" to suit your bs needs... Just Another cherry picking sodomist/satanist, taking bible verses out of context and twisting them to suit their lies ...

Christianity didn't survive for 2022 years by kneeling to the will of mindless intolerant despots such as yourself ...

Christianity survived by being defiant & by fighting back against the constants assaults of sodomists demonically possessed ....

Debate is rational only if you control the commentary ...

Well I got news for you...

GOD works in mysterious ways ........ sometimes the works involve .. working on your level of low

It's your manner and attitude that's weak. Not being able to address the problems being raised, you spit the dummy and act like a petulant child.

An adult acting like a petulant child is not a good look.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
There it is, Christian tolerance on full display. Make Jesus, the Saviour that you profess to believe in proud, guys. Unable to engage in rational discussion or debate, Men? Adults? Nah, schoolboy level insults are all you have.

Virtually every broad and sweeping comment you and your buddy make are nothing more than your opinions stated as fact …simple opinions….nothing more. Mostly you offer no proof or supporting evidence.

Your statements are therefore “unfalsifiable” as they are simple opinions and you have set yourself up as the “judge” over your own opinions.

Your keyboards are just baloney factories.

Nothing you say is true.

It is a verifiable fact that the creative principle of Hinduism, Braham, is not the same as the God of Christianity, which is not the same version of God as the Allah of Islam, which is not the same version of God as taught in Judaism, etc, etc.

Everything that has been pointed out is verifiable, and the logic is sound.

The simple truth is, you don't want to face facts when it comes to your own faith and your own version of the idea of God.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Why do atheists have such a bug up their azz about Christianity?

If there is no God, why devote so much energy and effort to the concept?

If Christians are fools for their beliefs, why not let them be since they are causing the atheist no harm?

Last edited by IZH27; 10/17/22.
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT

Virtually every broad and sweeping comment you and your buddy make are nothing more than your opinions stated as fact …simple opinions….nothing more. Mostly you offer no proof or supporting evidence.

Your statements are therefore “unfalsifiable” as they are simple opinions and you have set yourself up as the “judge” over your own opinions.

Your keyboards are just baloney factories.

Nothing you say is true.

It is a verifiable fact that the creative principle of Hinduism, Braham, is not the same as the God of Christianity, which is not the same version of God as the Allah of Islam, which is not the same version of God as taught in Judaism, etc, etc.

Everything that has been pointed out is verifiable, and the logic is sound.

The simple truth is, you don't want to face facts when it comes to your own faith and your own version of the idea of God.

You just forge right ahead and demonstrate once again that your keyboard is nothing but a baloney factory.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
They are little children who enjoy poking at the dog who is minding his own business. When the dog finally has enough and finally snaps at the obnoxious brats, they feign indignation and blame the dog and all of its breed for being mean. They are fooling no one but themselves.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
They are little children who enjoy poking at the dog who is minding his own business. When the dog finally has enough and finally snaps at the obnoxious brats, they feign indignation and blame the dog and all of its breed for being mean. They are fooling no one…
word

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
So. Atheists are like pit Bull owners? Lol

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
So. Atheists are like pit Bull owners? Lol

Don't know about them owning Pit Bulls, but they have been poking at more than one on this thread! LOL. I appreciate the bull dog-like defense of the faith that you guys are giving them. Too bad we can't simply send the blunders from down under to their rooms.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Science 101

The fourth point is quite interesting. Maybe these bots are smarter than the science department of Berkeley

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Wow, I can not believe anyone on this forum would quote an articke from Berkely, the foremost bastion of communism in this nation.

But since you did. Yes they are correct that science can neither confirm or deny the existance of the Christian God.

The same can be said of every god named across the planet since the beginning of time.

Really, can we prove that a god does not live inside that volcano on the tropical island?

Can we prove that butchering humans on the temple steps did not satisfy the god responsible for rain falling on the corn field?

The Christian God is no more "provable" than any other. Either you are prone to belief, or you are not.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Why do atheists have such a bug up their azz about Christianity?

If there is no God, why devote so much energy and effort to the concept?

If Christians are fools for their beliefs, why not let them be since they are causing the atheist no harm?

Good one...

Illegitimi non carborundum

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Weak ... extremely weak & pathetic attempt at distracting & diverting attention .. EXACTLY like a Libtard Democrat ....

Go ahead & attempt to dismiss ALL THE FACTS stated ... by way of misquoting "Christian tolerance" to suit your bs needs... Just Another cherry picking sodomist/satanist, taking bible verses out of context and twisting them to suit their lies ...

Christianity didn't survive for 2022 years by kneeling to the will of mindless intolerant despots such as yourself ...

Christianity survived by being defiant & by fighting back against the constants assaults of sodomists demonically possessed ....

GOD works in mysterious ways ........ sometimes the works involve .. working on your level of low

It's your manner and attitude that's weak. Not being able to address the problems being raised, you spit the dummy and act like a petulant child.

Come DBT...seems your getting weaker....dig up some Fresh BS, Please!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

The people who tolerate you 2 atheists on this board on a daily basis, are the real heroes.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Superstition has nothing to do with it all - rationality does.

Rationally why would a higher power even care about a bunch of sinning arrogant apes?

Good question - try to consider what was demonstrated and continue to ask yourself that question - the answer can be rewarding.

Nothing was actually demonstrated though.

Apparently you missed it completely - why not open your eyes and thinking to the realities of humankind.

The noted demonstration consists of centuries of human behavior, its products and related failure with regard to ultimate truths. It seems that you are willing to ignore the immense mass of that demonstrated and proven outcome to instead place your belief in a comparatively miniscule quantity of things that can be proven or produced by humans.

That's the arguement from popularity fallacy, you flat earther you.

A false belief is never true regardless of how many believe it or for how long.

To you, yes, a false belief....and only an atheist opinion.... flat-Earth doctrine is an atheist trick, which has no credible supporting evidence that there is no truth in God the Bible....the non-believers exhibit many symptoms of serious mental health illness and problems.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT

Sometimes Christians need to "spill" their guts, just as you do many, many times.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by DBT
[quote=AcesNeights]If “proof” is so important and science is your religion…facts are necessary and evidence is required……why did Tweedle Dumb Ass and Tweedle Dipshit get vaccinated? Why did you suspend your rigorous requirements and why did you ignore the facts and evidence? It was obvious to anyone with 2 or more brain cells that the entire approach to the fake pandemic was a joke. The “jab” didn’t prevent transmission nor did it didn’t prevent infection yet idiots far and wide ignored the facts and evidence and fought to be first in line for the largest voluntary human experiment in history. 😂

If you were “vaxxed” and boosted and you try to use facts and evidence and scientific-y stuff to hide behind you’re an egotistical dumb ass. 😂

Logic is not your strong point. Nor manners, tolerance, reason or debate. Your specialty is hurling insults. Yet even there, because it's school boy level, infantile, you fail.

Great answer Tweedle Dumbfuck. We can’t all be expected to use such incredible intelligence to discern the facts from the bullshit like you two Einstein’s. Your incredible grasp of science and your fervent demands for irrefutable evidence is what led you 2 butt pirates to get “vaccinated”?

Throw some logic out there for us wouldja?…is it logical to be forced into “voluntarily” submitting yourself for human trials and medical experimentation whether you want to or not? Since you 2 dipshits fancy yourselves as mental giants…a duo powerhouse of intellect and reason that only you two recognize maybe you could explain how your “vaccination” meets the DEFINITION of a vaccine, a real actual vaccine?

Your Nappy may need changing, Sweetie. Don't cry, someone'll come along and change it.

Originally Posted by DBT
Logic is not your strong point. Nor manners, tolerance, reason or debate. Your specialty is hurling insults. Yet even there, because it's school boy level, infantile, you fail.

Gosh, DBT, I did not think you would succumb...your words="Nor manners, tolerance, reason or debate."

Originally Posted by DBT
So it's alright to insult but not defend. Christians can be abusing, insulting, obnoxious, intolerant....yet heaven forbid that an atheist retaliates?

So the "standard" of "That's so Christian of you", as you always stated, is out the window....Christians, can now defend themselves?

I wasn't the one attacking or insulting anyone. I didn't initiate it. That is your mob. It's there for anyone to see.

I retaliated to Ace's vicious attitude. If someone shoots at you and you shoot back, that is defense.

Plus you seem to suggest that questioning beliefs is the same as as a personal attack and insults.

If so, you need to brush up on the terms of debate, ad homs, etc.

I still say the atheist "standard" of "That's so Christian of you", as you always stated, is out the window....regardless of who initiated it...

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It's kinda hypocritical to deny science yet live in the modern world shaped and built on the findings of science. Our lifespan has increased significantly since we started working our what was really going on. If we hadn't you'd probably be dead already covered in your own filth and whatever pox you may have succumbed to.

Medicine and technology didn't come about by praying for it, some people instead better spent their time focussing on working out the understanding of the real world.

Originally Posted by raspy
According to my old research, you are a little bit right, however, falsifiability is a standard created by philosopher Karl Popper to distinguish scientific theories from unscientific ones. But religion is not a scientific theory, nor has it ever claimed to be. "God exists" is not a hypothesis about the interaction of physical phenomenon, it's a metaphysical argument. Because of this, falsifiability is completely irrelevant in religious questions.

There's thousands of gods and all are unfalsifiable. You picked one of them. Did you pick the right one? It's your eternity on the line isn't it?

So you don't care about what might be true and are willing to bet your eternity on it?

Supposedly a god created everything, including physical reality, you'd expect there to be evidence of that. Speculations and assertions don"t create evidence - the source has to be proven to exist and then linked to the observations before being evidence can be claimed, not the other way round.

You can't just make stuff up and then claim observations automatically as evidence - superstitous people have been doing this for yonks, as a pacifier to pretend to know what they don't really know but at least can close off their minds to further angst from not knowing.

You are still confused as what I am trying to convey to you.....you said, quote >>>"Science is testable and falsible, religion is neither. It's kinda hypocritical to deny science yet live in the modern world shaped and built on the findings of science. Our lifespan has increased significantly since we started working our what was really going on. If we hadn't you'd probably be dead already covered in your own filth and whatever pox you may have succumbed to....Medicine and technology didn't come about by praying for it, some people instead better spent their time focussing on working out the understanding of the real world."<<< Seems reasonable to me...

Karl Popper's statement...again he states, "But religion is not, IS NOT a scientific theory, nor has it ever claimed to be. "God exists" is NOT a HYPOTHESIS about the interaction of a PHYSICAL PHENOMENON, it's a METAPHYSICAL argument. Because of this, falsifiability is completely IRRELEVANT in RELIGIOUS questions."

You said "Science is testable and falsible", religion is neither....this is true...so do you see that Karl's statement that falsifiability is completely IRRELEVANT in RELIGIOUS questions?

Yeah, it's called faith. Many other people however prefer to deal in facts and truths.

OK, good one...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I think the survival of the Jewish people ratifies and proves the God of the bible and the veracity of the bible. I cannot believe the Jews could have not only survived an exile of almost 2000 years during which there was a decided effort to annihilate them all for centuries by many different governing entities not the least of which was the immense Catholic church without the protection of a supernatural power. There is currently a population identifying as Jewish of only .2% of the world population. And yet with that small population they retook the land of Israel and exercise great economic and political influence worldwide.

Why God allowed them to suffer so much for centuries I don't know but I know it was prophesied to happen. And I know there are still many of the lost tribes of Israel to be accounted for but God knows where they are and in good time they will be returned to Israel at a time when as Jesus said "all be fulfilled ".

God made a covenant with Abraham in Genesis 17 and God does NOT lie.

Moses prophesied the future of the Jewish people and Isaiah 66 tells how it ends.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 55 of 81 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 54 invisible), 2,338 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,043
Posts18,500,820
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.