Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Originally Posted by Teal
If you pushed in and held the trip button on my old Crown Vic - would give the idle hours.

IIRC when I bought it - 2100 so pretty low for a cop car. Never had a lick of trouble with the engine.
Those were some good cars regardless of what Deflave says. Well built, and last for your money's worth

198,000 miles on it and the doors/everything shut as tight as day 1. Amazing car. All black, former detectives car for Chippewa County. LOVED that thing. Felt like Heinz Guderian going down the road in a panzer. Just knew you were in a tank that's gonna get you home.

Me

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
If you pushed in and held the trip button on my old Crown Vic - would give the idle hours.

IIRC when I bought it - 2100 so pretty low for a cop car. Never had a lick of trouble with the engine.
Those were some good cars regardless of what Deflave says. Well built, and last for your money's worth

198,000 miles on it and the doors/everything shut as tight as day 1. Amazing car. All black, former detectives car for Chippewa County. LOVED that thing. Felt like Heinz Guderian going down the road in a panzer. Just knew you were in a tank that's gonna get you home.
Heinz Guderian..
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ‘

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have a 2002 Dodge 4X4...just turned 40,000 miles. Other than a few commutes on roads during snow storms, it's spent it's entire life on my property, hauling firewood, dragging logs, carting Deer, etc. I put a gallon or two of gas in it every couple weeks when the light comes on the dash. It has no rust because it doesn't see road salt. It should last me the rest of my days.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I have my dads 94 F150 with gas motor. Only has 60k on it. He didnā€™t drive it much. Always garaged, still smells new inside.

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Geno, As much as you like to drive in the creek, I'm surprised you don't have an amphibious of some sort.
I have considered finding a low mileage Amphicar many times.

Always keep a fishin' pole in the back seat with a good slow trolling lure attached. Maybe catch dinner.
Keerist...just blew coffee on the keyboard. You might have a few faults, so your wife tells me...but by God you got one hell of a sense of humor.
PS. Last time I was through the burg of Ingot, the locals are raising money for a Geno statue.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by flintlocke
How resistant are odometers from being set back nowadays? I've been cruising used pickup ads on farcebook marketplace...some of these listed odo readings seem awfully low to me. 15 yr old pickups with 80k on them? C'mon man. We live in a pretty rural area, folks don't think much of going a hundred miles to dinner and a movie.

I have a 1998 Ford Explorer Sport 4x4 that has less than 60,000 miles on it and I've owned it since new. It was my wife's car before she passed. Literally driven by a little old lady just to church and the store. Such gems do exist if you look long enough.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I used to buy/sell pre-smog 4x4 diesels privately. About the only way you gonna find a low mile cream puff is if you buy from original owner - local ads or Cl etc OR from a full blown badged dealer who get em in on trade in by the same original owner ( more common now with all scammers and fear due to age of sellers). Many flippers like me would roll em over on ebay at profit. A car fax will tell you alot as miles are recorded on registrations since new. The gypsys and russians in the PNW are scum bags and do all sorts of crazy stuff swapping ecm and instrument panels but those types of rigs are easy to spot. Plus never buy from one of them in first place. I have a simple obd2 programmer and I can change the electonic mileage on my 2104 ram in a jiffy. There is a state or two in midwest that 6 yrs ago would wash titles from salvage to non. Think Illiniois or michigan? been out of it since then. anyhow thats where flood cars would go to get re-registered.
It is not hard to find a super low mile 4x4 or 2x4 truck if you work at it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
In June I flew with my dad to Idaho to buy a 1965 Ford Galaxy 500XL. This was a one owner car all original and garaged its entire life and it had 44,000 original milesā€¦documented miles. The 1965 Galaxy 500XL was the first new vehicle mom and dad bought when they were first married. Dad had just returned from 4 years overseas in the army and the army was offering serious re-up bonuses and dad was seriously considering signing up for another 4 years. Mom and dad were sweethearts since 7th grade so mom knew dadā€™s weakness was cars. Mom said to dad that they should go look at new cars to which dad quickly agreed. They bought their first new car together because mom knew dad wouldnā€™t re-up if he had a new carā€¦.he didnā€™t. With mom gone now and dad trying to fill his days and stay busy I suggested, after dad showed me the ad, that Iā€™ll accompany him and arrange everything including the flights if he wanted that car. I expected him to hem and haw and fret the details but he jumped at the chance. We flew over bought the car and drove it home that day. He spends his days washing it and waxing it and listening to the ballgame just like I remember.

Now dad can go for a drive with momā€¦..or at least he can pretend that heā€™s driving with mom riding shotgun like she had for 52 years.

ļæ½Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.ļæ½ ļæ½General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
In June I flew with my dad to Idaho to buy a 1965 Ford Galaxy 500XL. This was a one owner car all original and garaged its entire life and it had 44,000 original milesā€¦documented miles. The 1965 Galaxy 500XL was the first new vehicle mom and dad bought when they were first married. Dad had just returned from 4 years overseas in the army and the army was offering serious re-up bonuses and dad was seriously considering signing up for another 4 years. Mom and dad were sweethearts since 7th grade so mom knew dadā€™s weakness was cars. Mom said to dad that they should go look at new cars to which dad quickly agreed. They bought their first new car together because mom knew dad wouldnā€™t re-up if he had a new carā€¦.he didnā€™t. With mom gone now and dad trying to fill his days and stay busy I suggested, after dad showed me the ad, that Iā€™ll accompany him and arrange everything including the flights if he wanted that car. I expected him to hem and haw and fret the details but he jumped at the chance. We flew over bought the car and drove it home that day. He spends his days washing it and waxing it and listening to the ballgame just like I remember.

Now dad can go for a drive with momā€¦..or at least he can pretend that heā€™s driving with mom riding shotgun like she had for 52 years.

This made me smile!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kingston

This made me smile!

You bet.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔĢ€Ėn labĆ© skĆ½la

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My 2007 gmc 1500 has 85,000 on it

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No one wants a vehicle I've owned...

I don't sell them, I just give them away. I start thinking about getting rid of a vehicle when its hitting about 350 to 400K...
Always goes to someone in need...I've never have let a vehicle go, because it wasn't running... just starting to get high miles on it...

Buy em used, sometimes needing a little work, which I take care of... Drive mainly Toyotas and Hondas for the last 25 to 30 years...

Oldest one I've kept and the last vehicle I bought NEW, is my 88 4Runner...she's awfully close to 600,000 on it now.. Still runs fine...
I'd have no problem getting in it and driving it to the east coast and back, minus the fuel prices...its a 20 mpg vehicle.. 2200RE motor..
5 speed manual....I just don't drive it in snow and road salt....she doesn't get taken into that environment...
in another 80K, my 06 Pilot I'll start having to think about retiring her....she'll have 400K on it...
my 08 Camry and 2011 Tacoma, they only have like around 170 K on them...they'll probably out last me...

I really don't want any of these newer cars, with all the BS they keep putting on them, to make it more expensive to run them...

I could go out and buy a new vehicle.. but WTF for? they don't do anything that what I currently have can't....

Refer to the F'N ex wife Threat... I've learned to go thru life pretty darn frugally... and not a thing in this entire world is in my name...
I own nothing......

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

ā€œOwning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.ā€ ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Easy if the dash is digital and most are today. Buy the plug in kit from China....Friend needed a whole new dash on an expensive car he was restoring. He found one, however the miles were much higher than his original. Installed the new dash, hooked up the plug-in which wanted to be coded to his particular vehicle and dialed in his wanted milage.

I suspect he isn't the only one that found a way....

Last edited by battue; 10/19/22.

laissez les bons temps rouler
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Good story... Thanks for typing that out!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Nice!

MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Give me a good selling price.
Son has a 2007 silverado standard cab, 122k, 5.3L, 4Ɨ4, towing package with electric brakes. Owned by my father, me and now my son. Has a little rust on bumper, and lower rocker panels. Otherwise body and paint are A+. New tires, battery and stainless brake lines all around. Kbb is giving me $10k for private party. Trying to talk the boy into keeping it, but he's not listening. I think he can get more than kbb, but I don't know.

Romans 5:1
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Give me a good selling price.
Son has a 2007 silverado standard cab, 122k, 5.3L, 4Ɨ4, towing package with electric brakes. Owned by my father, me and now my son. Has a little rust on bumper, and lower rocker panels. Otherwise body and paint are A+. New tires, battery and stainless brake lines all around. Kbb is giving me $10k for private party. Trying to talk the boy into keeping it, but he's not listening. I think he can get more than kbb, but I don't know.
Any opinions?

Romans 5:1
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Seafire
No one wants a vehicle I've owned...

I don't sell them, I just give them away. I start thinking about getting rid of a vehicle when its hitting about 350 to 400K...
Always goes to someone in need...I've never have let a vehicle go, because it wasn't running... just starting to get high miles on it...

Buy em used, sometimes needing a little work, which I take care of... Drive mainly Toyotas and Hondas for the last 25 to 30 years...

Oldest one I've kept and the last vehicle I bought NEW, is my 88 4Runner...she's awfully close to 600,000 on it now.. Still runs fine...
I'd have no problem getting in it and driving it to the east coast and back, minus the fuel prices...its a 20 mpg vehicle.. 2200RE motor..
5 speed manual....I just don't drive it in snow and road salt....she doesn't get taken into that environment...
in another 80K, my 06 Pilot I'll start having to think about retiring her....she'll have 400K on it...
my 08 Camry and 2011 Tacoma, they only have like around 170 K on them...they'll probably out last me...

I really don't want any of these newer cars, with all the BS they keep putting on them, to make it more expensive to run them...

I could go out and buy a new vehicle.. but WTF for? they don't do anything that what I currently have can't....

Refer to the F'N ex wife Threat... I've learned to go thru life pretty darn frugally... and not a thing in this entire world is in my name...
I own nothing......

I dont know what it is with those damm toyotas and hondas!! I am 6f t2in 320 lbs so I cant have one but with I could! I have a friend in Burns who has had a mid 2000's tunda, now with 300k, and the [bleep] has done NO repairs - just std maintentance.

Last edited by Tesoro; 10/19/22.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

294 members (320090T, 303savage, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 34 invisible), 1,255 guests, and 931 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,847
Posts18,517,518
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.