Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by CCCC
Superstition has nothing to do with it all - rationality does.

Rationally why would a higher power even care about a bunch of sinning arrogant apes?

Good question - try to consider what was demonstrated and continue to ask yourself that question - the answer can be rewarding.

Nothing was actually demonstrated though.

Apparently you missed it completely - why not open your eyes and thinking to the realities of humankind.

The noted demonstration consists of centuries of human behavior, its products and related failure with regard to ultimate truths. It seems that you are willing to ignore the immense mass of that demonstrated and proven outcome to instead place your belief in a comparatively miniscule quantity of things that can be proven or produced by humans.

That's the arguement from popularity fallacy, you flat earther you.

A false belief is never true regardless of how many believe it or for how long.

To you, yes, a false belief....and only an atheist opinion.... flat-Earth doctrine is an atheist trick, which has no credible supporting evidence that there is no truth in God the Bible....the non-believers exhibit many symptoms of serious mental health illness and problems.

You need to read your bible properly. You believe something you don't know to be true, and despite the many things that are known to be untrue in your operating manual - that would make you delusional, or at least willingly ignorant.

GEEESCH MAUSER, I stated that I believe something that I do not know to be MAUSER PROOF many times to you...but there is much evidence in God the Bible. Again, all the evidence leads to the hope and promise for the things in God the Bible to be true and is called Christian Faith.

"You need to read your bible properly"....that is your atheist opinion again.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Jesus was talking specifically about the Mosaic Law when He said “till all be fulfilled.” And He clearly meant “till all be fulfilled” in the Mosaic Law. He even clearly said that He came to fulfill it. And He did fulfill it. He wasn’t talking about the end of time or anything else.

He’s the only person who ever lived the Mosaic Law perfectly. Peter and James both made it crystal clear at the First Jerusalem Council that both Jews and Gentiles are saved by grace alone through faith in Jesus alone. And they reiterated that every single Jew who had ever tried to abide by the Law of Moses had been a dismal failure at it. Except Jesus.

The Abrahamic Covenant is an unconditional covenant of grace. The Mosaic Covenant is a conditional covenant made ‘only’ with the Ancient Israelites, and it…along with its 613 commandments…no longer stands. The New Covenant is an unconditional covenant made with all of humanity, it is everlasting and was initiated by Jesus Himself. It’s the covenant that Jeremiah prophesied about in the old testament.
I am sorry to be repetitious and I know you don't like it because you have pointed that out but heaven and earth have not passed away and God's covenant with the Jewish people has not been annulled. If that would true then God would be a liar.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
After Jesus fulfilled the Mosaic Law, the quantifier of Heaven and earth passing away in His statement…and His statement was clearly pertaining ‘specifically’ to the Mosaic Law…was negated. Jesus wasn’t referring to the end of time or anything else. “When the cows come home” and “When pigs fly” are also quantifiers that people use nowadays to add emphasis to certain aspects of a statement they’re making. They don’t mean them literally, and neither did Jesus.

No need for you to apologize for your circuitous logic; and it’s OK with me for you to believe whatever you choose. The Mosaic Covenant…along with its 613 commandments…has most definitely been retired. Jesus Himself replaced it with a better covenant ~ the New Covenant.

Peter and James, both church leaders, clearly disengaged the New Covenant ekklesia from the value system, the worldview, and especially all of the 613 commandments of the Law of Moses.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The Christians are having a bit of a hard time these days down here:

https://7news.com.au/news/education/shock-distress-at-bris-college-contract-c-5521548

Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by IZH27
Why do atheists have such a bug up their azz about Christianity?

If there is no God, why devote so much energy and effort to the concept?

If Christians are fools for their beliefs, why not let them be since they are causing the atheist no harm?

There is no bug. As there are fantastic claims being made, God, damnation, salvation, Satan, Demons.... these claims are questioned and discussed. The response to this reasonable questioning of fantastic claims is clearly less than enthusiastic.

IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
There it is, Christian tolerance on full display. Make Jesus, the Saviour that you profess to believe in proud, guys. Unable to engage in rational discussion or debate, Men? Adults? Nah, schoolboy level insults are all you have.

Virtually every broad and sweeping comment you and your buddy make are nothing more than your opinions stated as fact …simple opinions….nothing more. Mostly you offer no proof or supporting evidence.

Your statements are therefore “unfalsifiable” as they are simple opinions and you have set yourself up as the “judge” over your own opinions.

Your keyboards are just baloney factories.

Nothing you say is true.

It is a verifiable fact that the creative principle of Hinduism, Braham, is not the same as the God of Christianity, which is not the same version of God as the Allah of Islam, which is not the same version of God as taught in Judaism, etc, etc.

Everything that has been pointed out is verifiable, and the logic is sound.

The simple truth is, you don't want to face facts when it comes to your own faith and your own version of the idea of God.

You just forge right ahead and demonstrate once again that your keyboard is nothing but a baloney factory.

Another false claim, which is designed to avoid dealing with the problems with faith as a means to truth.

"Faith is like a piece of blank paper whereon you may write as well one miracle as another." ~ Charles Blount (1654-1693)

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
There is definitely a bug.

Only a lunatic would spend so much time talking about something that they didn’t believe in.

An atheist that cares as much about God as a Christian. Fascinating.

Well. Assumed atheist. Still no acceptable proof of life given to confirm.

Bots gotta bot.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
They are little children who enjoy poking at the dog who is minding his own business. When the dog finally has enough and finally snaps at the obnoxious brats, they feign indignation and blame the dog and all of its breed for being mean. They are fooling no one but themselves.

I think you'll find that those little children are actually Christians judging the dog against their beliefs and unjustly taking action against the dog as some sort of retribution for failing to meet them.

Gee, what a brilliant rejoinder. Thanks for validating my post.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
There it is, Christian tolerance on full display. Make Jesus, the Saviour that you profess to believe in proud, guys. Unable to engage in rational discussion or debate, Men? Adults? Nah, schoolboy level insults are all you have.

Virtually every broad and sweeping comment you and your buddy make are nothing more than your opinions stated as fact …simple opinions….nothing more. Mostly you offer no proof or supporting evidence.

Your statements are therefore “unfalsifiable” as they are simple opinions and you have set yourself up as the “judge” over your own opinions.

Nothing you say is true.

It is a verifiable fact that the creative principle of Hinduism, Braham, is not the same as the God of Christianity, which is not the same version of God as the Allah of Islam, which is not the same version of God as taught in Judaism, etc, etc.

The simple truth is, you don't want to face facts when it comes to your own faith and your own version of the idea of God.

You just forge right ahead and demonstrate once again that your keyboard is nothing but a baloney factory.

Another false claim, which is designed to avoid dealing with the problems with faith as a means to truth.

"Faith is like a piece of blank paper whereon you may write as well one miracle as another." ~ Charles Blount (1654-1693)

Not a false claim at all. Your keyboard is simply a portal to an intellectual desert.... occupied only by the spirit of that guy Brandolini......

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
There are zero problems with “faith as a means to truth” when it comes to the reliability and the verifiability of the New Testament events and documents. A great deal of evidence has been cited on these many threads for the events in the New Testament, and for the reliability and the verifiability of the New Testament documents.

Gathering evidence for the New Testament events and documents is what historians do when they investigate ‘any’ set of historical documents or events. And this aspect of historical reliability concerning the New Testament events and documents is unique to Christianity among world religions. But even some Christians tend to ignore the unique verifiability of their belief system and insist that people just take it on “faith” like other religions do.

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
They are little children who enjoy poking at the dog who is minding his own business. When the dog finally has enough and finally snaps at the obnoxious brats, they feign indignation and blame the dog and all of its breed for being mean. They are fooling no one but themselves.

I think you'll find that those little children are actually Christians judging the dog against their beliefs and unjustly taking action against the dog as some sort of retribution for failing to meet them.

Your fellow sinners are the ones dropping their shit in my letterbox - like those scam call centres that tell you that you have a problem and can fix it for you. If you get bitten that's your fault.

Well?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Your fellow sinners are the ones dropping their shit in my letterbox - like those scam call centres that tell you that you have a problem and can fix it for you. If you get bitten that's your fault.

You keep professing the faith of the faithful atheists!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

You keep displaying your ignorance about how you don't know what atheism is, but don't let that stop you.

Well?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

You keep displaying your ignorance about how you don't know what atheism is, but don't let that stop you.

And you keep displaying your faith as a faithful atheist. Nothing seems to be stopping you…

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I was thinking the same thing....

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Nothing you say is true.

The deep meaning behind a blank sheet of paper is related to evidence in that it provides the starting point for the hope in providing truth. When we embark upon a journey of hoping to find the truth, we effectively start with a metaphorical blank sheet of paper. As we continue on with our journey, we write the events of that journey on that sheet of paper, creating a story as we do so…..just like the scriptures of the Apostles of God the Bible, as such, we hope this leads to the truth.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by IZH27
There is definitely a bug.

Only a lunatic would spend so much time talking about something that they didn’t believe in.

An atheist that cares as much about God as a Christian. Fascinating.

Well. Assumed atheist. Still no acceptable proof of life given to confirm.

Bots gotta bot.

We are all here, theists and atheists alike. If one can be deemed a bot, so can the other. In truth, you just say it as a means of dismissal and discouraging debate.

You are not forced to participate. Those that wish to can and do.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Nothing you say is true.

The deep meaning behind a blank sheet of paper is related to evidence in that it provides the starting point for the hope in providing truth. When we embark upon a journey of hoping to find the truth, we effectively start with a metaphorical blank sheet of paper. As we continue on with our journey, we write the events of that journey on that sheet of paper, creating a story as we do so…..just like the scriptures of the Apostles of God the Bible, as such, we hope this leads to the truth.

Nothing of the sort. You are imposing your own terms onto the quote, which does not mean what you suggest. It is true that faith i source of hope and consolation, but that's not the point of what Blount said about faith.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Regarding the OP, if Americans are drifting away from
Christianity at an unprecedented rate…and studies show that it’s not because atheism is more appealing…is it because ‘religion’ itself has lost its appeal…? For those who don’t believe in God…or for those who are on the verge of walking away from God…is it because of a thoroughly researched rational conclusion that you’ve come to, or is it more personal than that…?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Now you are really circling the drain.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Page 57 of 81 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,313 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,033
Posts18,500,605
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.