Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
They are little children who enjoy poking at the dog who is minding his own business. When the dog finally has enough and finally snaps at the obnoxious brats, they feign indignation and blame the dog and all of its breed for being mean. They are fooling no one but themselves.

I think you'll find that those little children are actually Christians judging the dog against their beliefs and unjustly taking action against the dog as some sort of retribution for failing to meet them.

Gee, what a brilliant rejoinder. Thanks for validating my post.

Your fellow sinners are the ones dropping their shit in my letterbox - like those scam call centres that tell you that you have a problem and can fix it for you. If you get bitten that's your fault.

Now you are really circling the drain.

Not really. One of your guys got bitten by the way:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-31/shell-qld-citipoint-resignation-brian-mulheran/100956022

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
They are little children who enjoy poking at the dog who is minding his own business. When the dog finally has enough and finally snaps at the obnoxious brats, they feign indignation and blame the dog and all of its breed for being mean. They are fooling no one but themselves.

I think you'll find that those little children are actually Christians judging the dog against their beliefs and unjustly taking action against the dog as some sort of retribution for failing to meet them.

Your fellow sinners are the ones dropping their shit in my letterbox - like those scam call centres that tell you that you have a problem and can fix it for you. If you get bitten that's your fault.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-31/shell-qld-citipoint-resignation-brian-mulheran/100956022

True wokeness affecting Queensland...that is happening all over the world, unfortunately.

Illegitimi non carborundum

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
There it is, Christian tolerance on full display. Make Jesus, the Saviour that you profess to believe in proud, guys. Unable to engage in rational discussion or debate, Men? Adults? Nah, schoolboy level insults are all you have.

Virtually every broad and sweeping comment you and your buddy make are nothing more than your opinions stated as fact …simple opinions….nothing more. Mostly you offer no proof or supporting evidence.

Your statements are therefore “unfalsifiable” as they are simple opinions and you have set yourself up as the “judge” over your own opinions.

Your keyboards are just baloney factories.

Nothing you say is true.

It is a verifiable fact that the creative principle of Hinduism, Braham, is not the same as the God of Christianity, which is not the same version of God as the Allah of Islam, which is not the same version of God as taught in Judaism, etc, etc.

Everything that has been pointed out is verifiable, and the logic is sound.

The simple truth is, you don't want to face facts when it comes to your own faith and your own version of the idea of God.

You just forge right ahead and demonstrate once again that your keyboard is nothing but a baloney factory.

"Faith is like a piece of blank paper whereon you may write as well one miracle as another." ~ Charles Blount (1654-1693)

The deep meaning behind a blank sheet of paper is related to evidence in that it provides the starting point for the hope in providing truth. When we embark upon a journey of hoping to find the truth, we effectively start with a metaphorical blank sheet of paper. As we continue on with our journey, we write the events of that journey on that sheet of paper, creating a story as we do so…..just like the scriptures of the Apostles of God the Bible, as such, we hope this leads to the truth.

Nothing of the sort. You are imposing your own terms onto the quote, which does not mean what you suggest. It is true that faith i source of hope and consolation, but that's not the point of what Blount said about faith.

Yes, those are my ideas, not Blounts...That is your opinions/ideas, and I have mine.....his own Christianity was founded exclusively on reason, but later denied miracles, attacked religion and other Christian religious ideals....the poor gentleman took his own life in the end.

Last edited by Raspy; 10/19/22. Reason: spelling

Illegitimi non carborundum

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

True wokeness affecting Queensland...that is happening all over the world, unfortunately.

Of course the rules of the bible are unjust - it's there for all to read. No more religious exemptions allowed. I guess for Principal Mulheran it was either god's way or the highway, and everyone overwhelmingly nominated the highway.

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
There it is, Christian tolerance on full display. Make Jesus, the Saviour that you profess to believe in proud, guys. Unable to engage in rational discussion or debate, Men? Adults? Nah, schoolboy level insults are all you have.

Virtually every broad and sweeping comment you and your buddy make are nothing more than your opinions stated as fact …simple opinions….nothing more. Mostly you offer no proof or supporting evidence.

Your statements are therefore “unfalsifiable” as they are simple opinions and you have set yourself up as the “judge” over your own opinions.

Your keyboards are just baloney factories.

Nothing you say is true.

It is a verifiable fact that the creative principle of Hinduism, Braham, is not the same as the God of Christianity, which is not the same version of God as the Allah of Islam, which is not the same version of God as taught in Judaism, etc, etc.

Everything that has been pointed out is verifiable, and the logic is sound.

The simple truth is, you don't want to face facts when it comes to your own faith and your own version of the idea of God.

You just forge right ahead and demonstrate once again that your keyboard is nothing but a baloney factory.

"Faith is like a piece of blank paper whereon you may write as well one miracle as another." ~ Charles Blount (1654-1693)

The deep meaning behind a blank sheet of paper is related to evidence in that it provides the starting point for the hope in providing truth. When we embark upon a journey of hoping to find the truth, we effectively start with a metaphorical blank sheet of paper. As we continue on with our journey, we write the events of that journey on that sheet of paper, creating a story as we do so…..just like the scriptures of the Apostles of God the Bible, as such, we hope this leads to the truth.

Nothing of the sort. You are imposing your own terms onto the quote, which does not mean what you suggest. It is true that faith i source of hope and consolation, but that's not the point of what Blount said about faith.

Yes, those are my ideas, not Blounts...That is your opinions/ideas, and I have mine.....his own Christianity was founded exclusively on reason, but later denied miracles, attacked religion and other Christian religious ideals....the poor gentleman took his own life in the end.

The quote by Blount expresses a basic fact: that faith allows anything to be believed - however absurd - because no evidence or rigorous inquiry or testing is needed....it is enough to just believe whatever is in a 'holy book' and told by priests and pastors who study it: a collection of works written and compiled by human minds and human hands, expressing what was believed by people centuries past who had no idea of the scope and scale of the universe or our infinitesimal place in it....which was discovered by science, not faith or religion.

IC B2

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Creation itself is evidence for God. All of creation…the universe and everything in it…was created by a Creator. It’s not rational or logical to think that it all just came about on it’s own. Like Socrates and former world renowned atheist Anthony Flew, one can simply follow the evidence. And the evidence from science and natural theology makes it possible to rationally and logically advance belief in a Creator of the universe and everything in it.

I don’t have enough faith to be an atheist.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Same here.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Any inclination towards atheism I may have ever felt has been thoroughly extinguished by the ones on this thread. Thank you!

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
You good folks are way smarter than I.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I don’t think that the person responsible for running those accounts understands how much they are being laughed at.

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Antlers,
Your views are always worthy of an extra measure of respect. I appreciate your parts in these discussions.

I do fail though, at understanding how God can spring from nothing, or be eternal. But the Universe itself can not.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I do fail though, at understanding

Humans are very limited at "understanding" past a certain point.

I don't understand gravity. But it obviously exists.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I do fail though, at understanding

Humans are very limited at "understanding" past a certain point.

I don't understand gravity. But it obviously exists.
I can't get much explanation for gravity other than it exists. A spinning wheel throws stuff off, so rotation doesn't cause it. Einstein had a theory that is over my head but getting over my head isn't hard. Basically mass creates pull but no real good explanation why.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Antlers, Your views are always worthy of an extra measure of respect. I appreciate your parts in these discussions. I do fail though, at understanding how God can spring from nothing, or be eternal. But the Universe itself can not.
I appreciate the kind words sir. Thank You. On the flip side, do you also fail though, at understanding how intelligent life can spring from nothing, but a divine awareness could not…?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Antlers,
Your views are always worthy of an extra measure of respect. I appreciate your parts in these discussions.

I do fail though, at understanding how God can spring from nothing, or be eternal. But the Universe itself can not.

Kudos to you for posing genuine questions and for not being hostile to the answers you get. Much appreciated.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I don’t see science as being an enemy to theists at all. I see science as being an ally to theists. By following the evidence, one can rationally and logically promote belief in a Creator of the universe and everything in it. Our universe has intricate laws, and I see science as showing that they’re not the byproduct of mindless and purposeless forces. I see science as showing that life and reproduction originate from a divine Source.

I see that science points to God by the fact that nature obeys laws. I see that science points to God via the complexity of life and reproduction; through the digital elegance of DNA; and by the fact that intelligently organized and purpose-driven beings arose from matter. And I see that science points to God by the very existence of nature itself.

I see that arriving at a divine Source for the universe and everything in it as having proceeded on a purely rational and logical and natural level…on a scientific basis…without any reference to supernatural phenomena at all. It’s a simple exercise in the knowledge of God based on observed facts and observed experience ~ apart from divine revelation. I see that arriving at the knowledge of God has been an excursion of reason and logic and science alone ~ and not ‘just’ of faith. One can even take ‘faith’ completely out of it.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
Creation itself is evidence for God. All of creation…the universe and everything in it…was created by a Creator. It’s not rational or logical to think that it all just came about on it’s own. Like Socrates and former world renowned atheist Anthony Flew, one can simply follow the evidence. And the evidence from science and natural theology makes it possible to rationally and logically advance belief in a Creator of the universe and everything in it.

No, the existence of the universe is not evidence for a creator.

The existence of the universe is evidence that a universe exists, nothing more.

How it came about may be worked out through physics and cosmology, which is a work in progress and there are no conclusions.

There are any number of possibilities. The fact is, there being no conclusions, we don't know. The universe may be cyclic, a part of a greater system, etc.

Last edited by DBT; 10/21/22.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Calling the cosmos, or universe, a creation is an unsubstantiated assertion.

There's nothing in religious documents that even come close to describing the universe because those writers had no idea. You'd think a god would want to mention that to somebody - might've added more clout to the story.

Well?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Like many of the issues we are dealing with today, this is brought to you by generations of failed parenting.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Has anyone figured out which of the accounts is a sock puppet?

Page 58 of 81 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,420 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,044
Posts18,500,842
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.