Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Better stick to chipsndip ol Mike and just watch hunting video reruns...

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jim;
Thanks for the reply.

I am cognizant that the Canadian "sense of humour" can be fairly dense at times, but luckily I did catch it this time so that's a plus for both sides of the medicine line!

We used to travel fairly regularly into the western states and other than some brands of chocolate bars and chips being different, there wasn't much difference in food.

Then we ended up down in Denver on a seminar and I saw folks having biscuits and gravy for breakfast for the first time. Gotta admit that threw me a tad Jim and frankly none of my names is Gordon either, you know? wink laugh

We dip fries in ketchup but not chips usually, but that might be a BC thing too? Not sure.

We out west have what my family back in Saskabush call a "BC drawl" but to me mostly it's that we just talk slower than they do. It's funny but we do notice it so they must notice we sound a bit different too.

Then again Jim, nobody who has ever known me for more than a wee bit has ever thought I was not "a bit different"... there's that.

Thanks for the chuckle and the back and forth Jim.

I'm hoping we see some photos of your kids with some freezer fillers if that's in the works too.

Best to you all.

Dwayne

PS;
If the world ever gets right again Jim, there's a Canadian Tire brand of chips called "Franks"

They have a decent All Dressed, but I was semi-addicted to their Turkey Stuffing chips for awhile...

Last edited by BC30cal; 10/21/22.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thanks Dwayne.

My daughter is taking her hunting ED class.

My middle boy can hunt this year under my supervision.

Looking forward to it.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Well, a 30-30 ain’t no 303 Savage, but it’ll do til you get a real rifle.

gregintenn;
Good evening to you sir, I trust the week behaved for you and you're well.

Your statement triggered a couple memories for me so hopefully it's okay if I share them.

My late father in law said he shot a hole in the farm house roof with a .303 Savage which his father had brought with him from Minnesota when he'd moved up to Manitoba. Seymour related to me he saw it behind the entrance door, racked the lever, pulled the trigger and then it was really loud after that. Both the boom and his mother giving his father what for because he'd left it loaded where the boys could get at it maybe?

In a Gun Digest back in the day, Sam Fadala had an article on the .30-30 and if memory serves opined that likely the availability of 190gr bullets made some folks believe - possibly with reason - that the .303 Savage was better for say moose sized animals. He found some factory .303 Savage 190's for the article, pulled the bullets and loaded them in the .30-30 he had.

For the life of me I can't recall any firm conclusions, but perhaps there were some? Not sure, sorry.

Thanks for twigging the memories, all the best and good hunting.

Dwayne

PS Afterthought.

We've entirely consumed 2 bucks, one local mulie and a Columbia Blacktail that were shot with a .30-30. I'd think that indicated they were dead then, no?

Hahaha. Well said.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
??
It will but you won't dumb fuqk....

You ruined an informative thread mister,,, you're going back on IGNORE >> AGAIN >> CONGRATS i won't see another word of yours tonight !!!!

Awe shucks...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
IC B2

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
??

You ruined an informative thread mister,,, you're going back on IGNORE >> AGAIN >> CONGRATS i won't see another word of yours tonight !!!!

Awe shucks...

Don't start with me mister

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I need a good recipe for a 45-90 with a 405 lead bullet.

I have a bull with a broken leg that needs shot.

I am MAGA.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
??

Awe shucks...
Another proud Southern California dumb.,

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
??

Awe shucks...

Don't start with me mister
You're on report mister...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
No need a 30-40

IC B3

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I got a buddy who loads 45-90 I'll see him Tuesdee he never comes into work on Mondee >see what he says.

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Corelockinit

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think Ol Mike got what he was wanting from this thread.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 673
My Father in law was a terrific hunter, he shot all kinds of game with his M94 30-30, lots of Elk, many Deer and Bears.
We were hunting (40 years ago) and there was a buck, I use his rifle just to say I shot a Deer with it...I go to shoot, I miss. A short time later I get another chance at another buck, I miss LOL...the old man grabs the rifle and says...gimme that fugging thing, and shoots the buck dead LOL.
I still snicker when I think of it, we came home with 3 bucks that day, I missed 2 LOL.

Lol…that’s a good story and one that is as rare as woodpecker lips. Rarely does a hunter or fisherman mention their misses….😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
I think Ol Mike got what he was wanting from this thread.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Just looked,, you posted eight 'funnies' in this thread , smile

Posted by Bristoe
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I love my 30/30. Bought it in '78 while stationed at Ft. Lewis! Thankfully, I have never missed with it (yet) , but I have had to pass on many shots out of my reach with iron sights!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In a situation where your deer are shot at 150 yards or less, you really give up nothing with a 30-30. Kills deer as well as anything in those perameters.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Well, a 30-30 ain’t no 303 Savage, but it’ll do til you get a real rifle.

gregintenn;
Good evening to you sir, I trust the week behaved for you and you're well.

Your statement triggered a couple memories for me so hopefully it's okay if I share them.

My late father in law said he shot a hole in the farm house roof with a .303 Savage which his father had brought with him from Minnesota when he'd moved up to Manitoba. Seymour related to me he saw it behind the entrance door, racked the lever, pulled the trigger and then it was really loud after that. Both the boom and his mother giving his father what for because he'd left it loaded where the boys could get at it maybe?

In a Gun Digest back in the day, Sam Fadala had an article on the .30-30 and if memory serves opined that likely the availability of 190gr bullets made some folks believe - possibly with reason - that the .303 Savage was better for say moose sized animals. He found some factory .303 Savage 190's for the article, pulled the bullets and loaded them in the .30-30 he had.

For the life of me I can't recall any firm conclusions, but perhaps there were some? Not sure, sorry.

Thanks for twigging the memories, all the best and good hunting.

Dwayne

PS Afterthought.

We've entirely consumed 2 bucks, one local mulie and a Columbia Blacktail that were shot with a .30-30. I'd think that indicated they were dead then, no?

LOL! I bet mama was pretty hot about the hole in the roof!

I was just trying to make a joke about the 303 Savage. They are basically the same as the 30-30. So much so that I use reloading data interchangeably between the two for most applications. Arthur Savage was quite the salesman, however, and touted the 303 vastly superior by way of offering it with a heavier, 190 grain projectile. Although it worked to some degree, his 1895 and 1899 Savage rifles never gained the following of the ever popular 94 Winchester.

Mr. Savage’s advertisements touting folks killing dangerous game such as lions and tigers with his 22 High Power were really over the top. He was an interesting man, although we really don’t know all that much about him.

Last edited by gregintenn; 10/22/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

No need give Shrapnel a call. laugh
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
??

Nope. Its never happened. No reason for it to start now.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

334 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 160user, 33 invisible), 1,801 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,362
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.