Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 63 of 81 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 80 81
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CCCC
There is no such thing as an atheist - no atheist exists - but let me share my deep knowledge of what an atheist should do, and say, and what he should not, etc. - of course, I have no evidence, but you must take my word for this.

Is that convincing, or what?

Poor logic is neither an argument or an analogy.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
There is no such thing as an atheist - no atheist exists - but let me share my deep knowledge of what an atheist should do, and say, and what he should not, etc. - of course, I have no evidence, but you must take my word for this.

Not at all. Do you believe that all religions are true?
That MUST be convincing - at least to the hypocrites who do it - there must be some reason they go on and on with such silliness?

Not at all. Do you believe that all religions are true? If not why not? And none of this silly circular arguement nonsense of "because my religion says it's the right one", that would be the oldest trick in the pre-school book.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
For me, I think it makes a whole lotta sense to build my apologetic and theology on Jesus’ resurrection, because that’s what all the weight of Christianity falls upon. That’s where Christianity stakes its claim in history. And that’s where Christianity, in my view, is most defensible. From the resurrection, I reason outward.

Taking into consideration the humanity of the authors of the separate and individual accounts and testimonies that comprise the New Testament is, to me, extraordinarily compelling. The prophetic description that Jesus gives of the destruction of the Jewish Temple is often overlooked, but it’s still remarkable. It happened exactly as He said it would, some 40 years later. Read the historian Josephus, and compare his description of what happened to what Jesus predicted, decades earlier.

Jesus said that He came to fulfill God’s old covenant with Israel, and that it would be retired when everything in it was “accomplished.” On August 6, 70 A.D. it most certainly was retired when the Romans completely destroyed the Jewish Temple. The Mosaic Law was never officially practiced again. It became impossible to do so. The same Jewish Temple power structure that sought to stamp out the tiny sect of Jesus’ followers from their beginning, was itself stamped out ~ as Jesus’ ekklesia continued to grow.

The old testament prophets understood that something new and different was coming, and they foretold the coming of the Messiah. Then there’s the prediction of the resurrection, the eyewitness accounts of the events documented in the New Testament, and the inexplicable birth and growth of Jesus’ ekklesia. Even Bart Erhman, an atheist and world renowned biblical scholar, concedes that there’s no way to get to the 3.5 million Christians seen by the fourth century…despite their persecution by the mighty Roman Empire…if there had not been an explosive growth early in the life of the church. An explosive growth that was fueled by an extraordinary event in history ~ Jesus’ resurrection.

And not incidentally, by the fourth century, Christianity…stemming from the tiny sect of Jesus’ followers…had already replaced the pantheon of Roman, Barbarian, and most Egyptian gods, and was soon to be the state religion of the very Roman Empire itself that had tried to eradicate it from its beginning.

These remarkable historical events weren’t fueled by something that was written. These remarkable historical events were fueled by something extraordinary that happened.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm of the opinion that everybody who is supposed to be a Christian is one.

"Ears to hear",..and all that.

Or, you can believe that self aware beings with the ability to fly around in space just kind of spontaneously squirted up out of a barren rock,....and even if you *do* believe that, not to consider it a miracle is evident that you can't think past the end of your nose.

People who don't believe in miracles are having images formed on a piece of meat that makes up their brain via a pair of eyes.

,...and all of that came from a hot ball of gas that eventually cooled down enough to be a rock.

Then some stuff happened and that rock squirted out some beings that took pieces of that rock and built a machine that flew to the moon.

,...and that's the short list.

Life is some pretty amazing stuff. I think something has to be in charge of a rock turning into life. It doesn't "just happen".

That's pretty good evidence....

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm of the opinion that everybody who is supposed to be a Christian is one.

"Ears to hear",..and all that.

Or, you can believe that self aware beings with the ability to fly around in space just kind of spontaneously squirted up out of a barren rock,....and even if you *do* believe that, not to consider it a miracle is evident that you can't think past the end of your nose.

People who don't believe in miracles are having images formed on a piece of meat that makes up their brain via a pair of eyes.

,...and all of that came from a hot ball of gas that eventually cooled down enough to be a rock.

Then some stuff happened and that rock squirted out some beings that took pieces of that rock and built a machine that flew to the moon.

,...and that's the short list.

Life is some pretty amazing stuff. I think something has to be in charge of a rock turning into life. It doesn't "just happen".

That's pretty good evidence....

Of god magic? How? What? Where?

If the science isn't understood, it must've been god then.

Well?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT

That MUST be convincing - at least to the hypocrites who do it - there must be some reason they go on and on with such silliness?

Not at all. Do you believe that all religions are true? If not why not? And none of this silly circular arguement nonsense of "because my religion says it's the right one", that would be the oldest trick in the pre-school book.
You two BOTH miss the clear point - or are again (and again) trying to dodge the actuality. As professed atheists, that simple ploy posted (and on which you bit down hard), demonstates EXACTLY what you attempt to do.

You claim there is no God, pretend that you are correct in that claim, and then try to define, circumscribe and even declare what that God should and should not do. Your replies to that little ploy prove that you are all in with your hypocrisy. You should be ashamed - a true atheist would be.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
[quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=CCCC][quote=mauserand9mm]Calling the cosmos, or universe, a creation is an unsubstantiated assertion.

We discussed this before....There is much evidence in God the Bible that strengthens our Faith in the hope for things promised and unseen.....BUT, and this is a really big BUTT....there is no MAUSER PROOF.

We discussed this before....evidence shows the truth of a proposition. Faith doesn't use evidence otherwise it would be called fact, not faith.

Evidence shows POSSIBLE truth of a proposition, as I always stated...GEEESCH MAUSER, I stated (before) that I believe something that I do not know to be MAUSER PROOF many times to you...but there is much evidence in God the Bible. Again, all the evidence leads to the hope and promise for the things in God the Bible to be true and is called Christian Faith.

I believe we are saying the same thing....I look at it like the below paper from 40 years ago....

Evidence will never be 100% — there’s always the chance that everything you think you know turns out to be false — but the evidence allows you to make current-best-evidence-guesses….We can build up piles and piles of evidence for ideas. When the pile reaches a certain height, it behooves us to begin to take it rather seriously. That is, until someone removes a critical piece from the bottom of the pile, and the entire edifice comes crashing down.

***Proof is the final verdict that removes all doubts whereas evidence only leads one in the direction of a fact or statement.***

It'd be best to shred that paper - it's wrong.

Surely you jest...is that all?

I shit you not. Losing that paper will be a good start for you. Evidence is the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid. Simple as that. Theists don't understand these real world concepts.

Atheist don't understand what Christian faith is all about.....Ha.....I shit you not too....Evidence is the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition will hopefully lead one to the truth....

Proof is the final verdict that removes all doubts...
2. Proof is conclusive; evidence is not necessarily conclusive.
3. Evidence and proof are closely related.
4. Proof comes from evidence....we gather evidence to help prove something.
5. No one can “prove” that God the Bible or any other ultimate tenet of religious faith is TRUE.
6. Evidence only LEADS one in the DIRECTION of a fact or statement." Evidence is what I HOPE is true, I guess that the HOPE Christians have, is called FAITH.....REMEMBER, NOT MAUSER PROOF!

Illegitimi non carborundum

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
[quote=DBT][quote=antlers]People who are unchurched or dechurched, and even people who profess to be
The people of the time where more likely to believe in supernatural things, seeing signs and wonders where we, being more sceptical with our better understanding of the natural world, would not.

Oh my....scriptures from God the Bible is not evidence? We have discussed that many times....well anyway, your statement is unworthy to Theist and that is what separates Theist from Atheist.

More than a number of times, but you never seem to be be able to grasp the fallacy of begging the question, which means that what is written in a book is not evidence for the truth of its own claims. It's also called circular reasoning.

You don't accept evidence as being something that is written other holy books, yet you are happy to apply the fallacy to your own holy book, the bible. Which is a double standard.

Evidence only LEADS one in the DIRECTION of a possible fact or statement. Evidence is what I HOPE is true, I guess that the HOPE Christians have, is called FAITH.....REMEMBER, NOT MAUSER PROOF!

With all the religions out there, it is a double-triple standard....however, I choose to believe in Christianity and hope that it is not a fallacy....

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I do think as Christians we tend to "love they neighbor" far too much. Far too many refugees.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DBT

You two BOTH miss the clear point - or are again (and again) trying to dodge the actuality. As professed atheists, that simple ploy posted (and on which you bit down hard), demonstates EXACTLY what you attempt to do.

You claim there is no God, pretend that you are correct in that claim, and then try to define, circumscribe and even declare what that God should and should not do. Your replies to that little ploy prove that you are all in with your hypocrisy. You should be ashamed - a true atheist would be.

You guys claim to know what your god wants, that's why there's so many religions and so many denominations of Christianity, like it's subjective to personal opinion or something.

Well?
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
[quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=CCCC][quote=mauserand9mm]Calling the cosmos, or universe, a creation is an unsubstantiated assertion.

We discussed this before....There is much evidence in God the Bible that strengthens our Faith in the hope for things promised and unseen.....BUT, and this is a really big BUTT....there is no MAUSER PROOF.

We discussed this before....evidence shows the truth of a proposition. Faith doesn't use evidence otherwise it would be called fact, not faith.

Evidence shows POSSIBLE truth of a proposition, as I always stated...GEEESCH MAUSER, I stated (before) that I believe something that I do not know to be MAUSER PROOF many times to you...but there is much evidence in God the Bible. Again, all the evidence leads to the hope and promise for the things in God the Bible to be true and is called Christian Faith.

I believe we are saying the same thing....I look at it like the below paper from 40 years ago....

Evidence will never be 100% — there’s always the chance that everything you think you know turns out to be false — but the evidence allows you to make current-best-evidence-guesses….We can build up piles and piles of evidence for ideas. When the pile reaches a certain height, it behooves us to begin to take it rather seriously. That is, until someone removes a critical piece from the bottom of the pile, and the entire edifice comes crashing down.

***Proof is the final verdict that removes all doubts whereas evidence only leads one in the direction of a fact or statement.***

I shit you not. Losing that paper will be a good start for you. Evidence is the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid. Simple as that. Theists don't understand these real world concepts.

Atheist don't understand what Christian faith is all about.....Ha.....I shit you not too....Evidence is the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition will hopefully lead one to the truth....

5. No one can “prove” that God the Bible or any other ultimate tenet of religious faith is TRUE.
6. Evidence only LEADS one in the DIRECTION of a fact or statement." Evidence is what I HOPE is true, I guess that the HOPE Christians have, is called FAITH.....REMEMBER, NOT MAUSER PROOF!

Like they say, you can lead a theist to logic but you can't make them think it. Evidence is proof. Sounds like you want your hopes to have more credibility so you have to butcher definitions to do that ie mental masturbation.

Well?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
[quote=DBT][quote=antlers]People who are unchurched or dechurched, and even people who profess to be
The people of the time where more likely to believe in supernatural things, seeing signs and wonders where we, being more sceptical with our better understanding of the natural world, would not.

Oh my....scriptures from God the Bible is not evidence? We have discussed that many times....well anyway, your statement is unworthy to Theist and that is what separates Theist from Atheist.

More than a number of times, but you never seem to be be able to grasp the fallacy of begging the question, which means that what is written in a book is not evidence for the truth of its own claims. It's also called circular reasoning.

You don't accept evidence as being something that is written other holy books, yet you are happy to apply the fallacy to your own holy book, the bible. Which is a double standard.

Evidence only LEADS one in the DIRECTION of a possible fact or statement. Evidence is what I HOPE is true, I guess that the HOPE Christians have, is called FAITH.....REMEMBER, NOT MAUSER PROOF!

With all the religions out there, it is a double-triple standard....however, I choose to believe in Christianity and hope that it is not a fallacy....

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
[quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=CCCC][quote=mauserand9mm]

Like they say, you can lead a theist to logic but you can't make them think it. Evidence is proof. Sounds like you want your hopes to have more credibility so you have to butcher definitions to do that ie mental masturbation.

That is your mental masturbated atheistic opinion....here is mine...AGAIN....Evidence will never be 100% — there’s always the chance that everything you think you know turns out to be false — but the evidence allows you to make current-best-evidence-guesses….We can build up piles and piles of evidence for ideas. When the pile reaches a certain height, it behooves us to begin to take it rather seriously. That is, until someone removes a critical piece from the bottom of the pile, and the entire edifice comes crashing down.
Proof is the final verdict that removes all doubts whereas evidence only leads one in the direction of a fact or statement....and I'm not going to tear it up.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT

You guys claim to know what your god wants, that's why there's so many religions and so many denominations of Christianity, like it's subjective to personal opinion or something.

The "something" is a hope that what the scriptures wrote is true and will lead us in the right direction in believing in God the Bible....again, that is Christian Faith.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
[quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=CCCC][quote=mauserand9mm]

That is your mental masturbated atheistic opinion....here is mine...AGAIN....Evidence will never be 100% — there’s always the chance that everything you think you know turns out to be false — but the evidence allows you to make current-best-evidence-guesses….We can build up piles and piles of evidence for ideas. When the pile reaches a certain height, it behooves us to begin to take it rather seriously. That is, until someone removes a critical piece from the bottom of the pile, and the entire edifice comes crashing down.
Proof is the final verdict that removes all doubts whereas evidence only leads one in the direction of a fact or statement....and I'm not going to tear it up.

It's clear that you'll never understand. Just continue and try the best you can.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DBT

The "something" is a hope that what the scriptures wrote is true and will lead us in the right direction in believing in God the Bible....again, that is Christian Faith.

That's the pre-schooler circular argument "logic" that I mentioned earlier.

Well?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

It's clear that you'll never understand. Just continue and try the best you can.

You haven't seen nothing yet....

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT

That's the pre-schooler circular argument "logic" that I mentioned earlier.

Wrong...keep trying.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
[quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=CCCC]

You haven't seen nothing yet....

I haven't seen anything yet.

Well?
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
It’s amazing how many people believe that everything exist because of a gigantic cosmic schmit. Random chance x 10 to the quintillionth.

Page 63 of 81 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 222Sako, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 51 invisible), 2,317 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,034
Posts18,500,661
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.