Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
[quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=CCCC]

Like they say, you can lead a theist to logic but you can't make them think it. Evidence is proof. Sounds like you want your hopes to have more credibility so you have to butcher definitions to do that ie mental masturbation.

That is your mental masturbated atheistic opinion....here is mine...AGAIN....Evidence will never be 100% — there’s always the chance that everything you think you know turns out to be false — but the evidence allows you to make current-best-evidence-guesses….We can build up piles and piles of evidence for ideas. When the pile reaches a certain height, it behooves us to begin to take it rather seriously. That is, until someone removes a critical piece from the bottom of the pile, and the entire edifice comes crashing down.
Proof is the final verdict that removes all doubts whereas evidence only leads one in the direction of a fact or statement....and I'm not going to tear it up.

It's clear that you'll never understand. Just continue and try the best you can.

You haven't seen nothing yet....

I haven't seen anything yet.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Illegitimi non carborundum

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does anybody ever change anybody's mind in these threads?

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by IZH27
It’s amazing how many people believe that everything exist because of a gigantic cosmic schmit. Random chance x 10 to the quintillionth.

It's amazing how many people believe that everything exist because of a mystical invisible glorified deity. Evidence to support: 0, nada, zip.

Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It’s amazing how many people believe that everything exist because of a gigantic cosmic schmit. Random chance x 10 to the quintillionth.

It's amazing how many people believe that everything exist because of a mystical invisible glorified deity. Evidence to support 0, nada, zip.

Wrong, much evidence is there x20 already....

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

It's amazing how many people believe that everything exist because of a mystical invisible glorified deity. Evidence to support: 0, nada, zip.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Sensible question. Answer seems to be "not likely", but some folks do learn some stuff - and some hypocrites reveal themselves - and some are prompted to look inside ourselves a bit - and there is some dark humor.

But - you are onto something - mostly it is not about mind changes.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I think I have that IZH27, and Whitetail coming around.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Can't say for sure, but Christianity is on the decline, could possibly become a minority religion in US as early as 2045...

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, sometimes it is a challenge - first, there must be a functioning mind rather than a rote motor.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by DBT
There is no such thing as an atheist - no atheist exists - but let me share my deep knowledge of what an atheist should do, and say, and what he should not, etc. - of course, I have no evidence, but you must take my word for this.

Is that convincing, or what?

Poor logic is neither an argument or an analogy.

There is no such thing as an atheist - no atheist exists - but let me share my deep knowledge of what an atheist should do, and say, and what he should not, etc. - of course, I have no evidence, but you must take my word for this.

Not at all. Do you believe that all religions are true?
That MUST be convincing - at least to the hypocrites who do it - there must be some reason they go on and on with such silliness?

Not at all. Do you believe that all religions are true? If not why not? And none of this silly circular arguement nonsense of "because my religion says it's the right one", that would be the oldest trick in the pre-school book.
You two BOTH miss the clear point - or are again (and again) trying to dodge the actuality. As professed atheists, that simple ploy posted (and on which you bit down hard), demonstates EXACTLY what you attempt to do.

You claim there is no God, pretend that you are correct in that claim, and then try to define, circumscribe and even declare what that God should and should not do. Your replies to that little ploy prove that you are all in with your hypocrisy. You should be ashamed - a true atheist would be.

It is you who miss the point.

Which is that atheism is simply a lack of conviction in the existence of God in its many theological versions, Judaism, Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, etc, or the even more numerous gods and demons.

Which is precisely the same as your position, where you are not convinced in the existence of other gods, except for one: the Christian God....to which you do not apply the same critical eye as you do the rest.

Plus, everything that I have said about the god of the bible is written in the bible. I have supported all that I have said with quotes from the bible, that it is written that god creates evil, the evil doer, etc....

IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Intelligent design.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Intelligent design was put on trial, Kitzmiller v Dover, but failed to make a case.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Complexity.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Ignorance

Last edited by IZH27; 10/26/22.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Can't say for sure, but Christianity is on the decline, could possibly become a minority religion in US as early as 2045...

Still haven't improved your reading comprehension skills, I see.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
64 pages so far. I'd say Christianity is doing fine

Romans 5:1
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Poor logic is neither an argument or an analogy.

Not at all. Do you believe that all religions are true?
That MUST be convincing - at least to the hypocrites who do it - there must be some reason they go on and on with such silliness?

Not at all. Do you believe that all religions are true? If not why not? And none of this silly circular arguement nonsense of "because my religion says it's the right one", that would be the oldest trick in the pre-school book.
You two BOTH miss the clear point - or are again (and again) trying to dodge the actuality. As professed atheists, that simple ploy posted (and on which you bit down hard), demonstates EXACTLY what you attempt to do.

You claim there is no God, pretend that you are correct in that claim, and then try to define, circumscribe and even declare what that God should and should not do. Your replies to that little ploy prove that you are all in with your hypocrisy. You should be ashamed - a true atheist would be.

It is you who miss the point.

Which is that atheism is simply a lack of conviction in the existence of God in its many theological versions, Judaism, Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, etc, or the even more numerous gods and demons.

Which is precisely the same as your position, where you are not convinced in the existence of other gods, except for one: the Christian God....to which you do not apply the same critical eye as you do the rest.

Plus, everything that I have said about the god of the bible is written in the bible. I have supported all that I have said with quotes from the bible, that it is written that god creates evil, the evil doer, etc....
Either you are supremely dense - incapable of understanding - or you are utterly devious. Folks here fully understand what you have said about your absence of belief in God. We fully understand atheism.

However atheism, in and of itself, provides zero logical basis or impetus for your persistent attacks, derision and mocking of people who understand and have a meaningful relationship with God. That sick behavior emanates from you as a person - not from some absence of belief.

So far, you are unwilling to accept responsibility for your aggression. You try to pretend that it is some sort of intellectual quest, but your own actions here have demonstrated that such is not true. It is no wonder that some here see you as being possessed, and stimulated, by Satan. The above has nothing to do with what other people believe about God - it describes what you have presented about yourself on this forum.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

Still haven't improved your reading comprehension skills, I see.

I did address the question and then put a cherry on top.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey

Depends on what you mean by fine. Global statistics show a decline in popularity.

I notice CCCC is still responding to open and honest questioning with his essays laced with butt-hurt. That's normal for him but is that defined as fine? Aces sometimes pops by to hurl abuse - is that the Christian definition of fine?

Well?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey

Depends on what you mean by fine. Global statistics show a decline in popularity.

Wrong again....Christianity is declining in the United States, but globally, new research shows it’s growing faster than the population around the world – and atheism and agnosticism are on a gradual decline.

The 2019 Status of Global Christianity report shows there were 2.5 billion Christians in the world as of mid-2019 – a major increase from the 1.98 billion Christians in 2000 and more than double the number of Christians (1.2 billion) in 1970. Christianity is growing worldwide at a rate of 1.27 percent each year and outpacing population growth (1.20 percent) – and is booming in Africa (2.37 percent), Asia (2.79 percent) and Latin America (2.29 percent).

By comparison, there were 138 million atheists around the world in mid-2019 – slightly more than the 137 million in 2000 but less than the 165 million in 1970. Atheism’s annual growth (.04 percent) is less than that of the population, and the number of atheists worldwide is projected to decline to 132 million in 2025.

There were 716 million agnostics in the world as of mid-2019, but by 2025 that is projected to fall to 707 million. Nonreligionists numbered 854 million this year, but are expected to fall to 839 million by 2025.

Much of Christianity’s growth is due to its surge in other continents. Africa (119 million) and Asia (160 million) each have more Christians than North America (100 million).

Among Christian traditions, evangelicalism (2.19 percent) and Pentecostalism/charismatic Christianity (2.26 percent) are growing faster than Protestantism (1.61 percent) and Roman Catholicism (1.02 percent).

Despite the positive data for Christianity, the report showed its growth in cities isn’t as dramatic. The global urban population is growing at a rate of 2.15 percent, more than the growth of Christianity in those cities (1.58 percent).

Page 64 of 81 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (16penny, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1Akshooter, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,482 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,048
Posts18,500,939
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.