Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I was in Boise this afternoon picking up parts for the aquarium. And I had a few $hundred in Cabelas points on the card. So I stopped at the gun counter to fondle the pistols.

The Ruger MK IV does not point for me. Unless I consciously twist my hand down, it points about 15 degrees high. I suppose that is why they build the MK IV 22/45.

This one points right where it should. It joined the Colt in the safe.
[Linked Image from ruger.com]

That's funny because I did the same thing. I had enough Cabela's bucks to cover the whole cost of mine. Picked it up several days ago. I replaced all of the internals with Volquartsen parts, changed the front site, put a halo on and better grips. Haven't even gotten to shoot it yet.

I do have several MK2's and 3's and like them too, the grip angle doesn't bother me. This is my first 22/45.

[Linked Image]

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
GB1

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
That looks good with that grip.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If a revolver will do, I haven’t found anything superior to the model 18 Smith and Wesson.

If you’re set on a pistol, hard to go wrong with a High Standard, Browning Challenger, Colt Woodsman, or a model 41 Smith and Wesson.

These are guns you’ll be proud to hand down one day.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I like the Browning Buckmark. Mine has been very reliable and accurate. Excellent trigger and easy to maintain.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Buckmarks or Mark IV

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My Sig has been totally reliable with all hi velocity and standard velocity ammo I've fed it.

Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
John 8:32

A lie doesn't become truth; wrong doesn't become right; evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by the majority...Rick Warren

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've got a Glock 44 and a Kimber Conversion for my 1911, love both of them.

I had a Ruger MK IV 22/45 Lite, had a Buckmark but they just didn't stay.

Years ago I had Ruger Standards and MK II's so I'm always looking for them and found kind of a rare one the other day. Ruger MK II Target with the 5.250" Heavy Tapered barrel. After shooting it, it's quickly gained King status in my 22 pistol collection.
I took off the fancy walnut target grips it came with and went to find my old favorites, the Hogue rubber grips. Saw they came in green which was my daughters favorite color, I've kinda made it my favorite by default now since we lost her. So this one speaks to me on the sentimental side and takes me back to my younger days. Doesn't hurt that it works and shoots great.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Show the queen and all the little princes and princesses.... Long live the King..... bwahaha

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by TWR

Years ago I had Ruger Standards and MK II's so I'm always looking for them and found kind of a rare one the other day. Ruger MK II Target with the 5.250" Heavy Tapered barrel. After shooting it, it's quickly gained King status in my 22 pistol collection.
I took off the fancy walnut target grips it came with and went to find my old favorites, the Hogue rubber grips. Saw they came in green which was my daughters favorite color, I've kinda made it my favorite by default now since we lost her. So this one speaks to me on the sentimental side and takes me back to my younger days. Doesn't hurt that it works and shoots great.
So sorry to hear of your loss.

That kind of sentimental value is irreplaceable.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The Buckmark offers the most bang for the buck, in my opinion. The Rugers are nice because of all the aftermarket goodies you can add to them, just like their cousin, the 10/22. And, so far, I'm digging the new Sig P322, as well.

Nothing compares to the accuracy from a Smith 41 or Hammerli, though. Nothing I've got, anyway.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by DanInAlaska; 10/25/22.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't leave out the classics.

Colt Woodsman, Huntsman, Challenger
Browning Challenger, Nomad

Okay, they're all really just the same, only different.

O
O
Would go with the Ruger mark 4 or the tx 22 competition. Seems to be pretty reliable

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by TWR

TWR,
That is awful. Im so sorry man, I had no idea.

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by cwh2
Originally Posted by TWR

TWR,
That is awful. Im so sorry man, I had no idea.
Thanks guys.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Like many things, a good deal depends on how much one wants to spend. I've had a Ruger MKIII 6" bull barrel for over thirty years, accurate and dependable. Other than wiping it down, I haven't cleaned it much. You just can't beat them for value.

Then of course there are the classics. I love Colts..

And even older Colts:

And even Smith & Wesson..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
While not likely what you have in mind, I just picked up the new beretta bobcat covert. Dude, most fun I've had in a while plinking, that thing suppressed is a hoot.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Thread got me thinking and realized I did not have a "compact" .22 semi. I fixed that and just ordered a Sig 322 and Smith compact M&P.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have a .22 conversion on my Sig Sauer P226 that I like real well. For the wife I have a Ruger SR22 which fits her very well. Both guns are reliable and fun to shoot.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Thread got me thinking and realized I did not have a "compact" .22 semi. I fixed that and just ordered a Sig 322 and Smith compact M&P.

you are gonna love the compact m&p, ours has been wonderful, we've gone 500 rounds without a hiccup before, but when it starts acting up, a quick spray clean out and its good to go again. I did just order a thread adapter for mine, the threaded ones werent out when i bought it years ago.

Last edited by killerv; 10/26/22.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

413 members (257 mag, 163bc, 2500HD, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 40 invisible), 1,662 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,867
Posts18,497,454
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.