R
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
So just pick one and go for it. Why Christianity though? What don't you like about all the others?

You have had this answered several times. You either lack the intelligence to remember what was posted several pages back, or you are being deliberately obtuse by not directly refuting it. Please, no one give him any hints. Let's see if he can, or will, figure it out and address it.

Your purpose is not to inform, because, according to you, there is nothing to be informed about. No, your purpose is to agitate, aggravate, and disrupt.

No, it was ever answered. Just faith in one with justification from a flawed Pascals wager. I never got a rational answer to why that particular god. Theists have difficulty answering simple questions about their faith but they bank their eternal afterlife on it - you'd think there would be a compelling argument, to convince themselves at least if not others.

Man we've discussed and discussed the theory, you know what a theory, any theory is, right? Again, I'll repeat...waaaaayyyyyyyyy back, I started to choose to believe in God the Bible, It was just that Pasqual’s fifty-fifty odds were just too great for me (no I do not gamble)...so I decided, that I will continue to pray, ask for forgiveness, and always do the right thing... But I never believed that it could stop there. I must become mature in my Christian faith and have definitive reasons for it that are based on reasonable evidence that would lead me to the possible, because as stated before, God can see what is truly in the heart.

.....waaaaayyyyyyyyy back, I started to choose to believe in God the Bible...

Why? What was wrong with all the others? Not good enough for ya?

I believe that the difference found in the Christian faith is that it is grounded on real historical person and eyewitness records about him. The other outstanding aspect of Christianity is that it provides a way to have a right relationship with God, forgiveness for wrongs we’ve done, and hope for the future. All of these good things are offered to us freely, when we trust that Jesus has paid for and achieved them for us. Most religions require us to work hard to get right with God. Christianity offers the gift of being right with God, and having a right relationship with God, because Jesus has done the hard work for us....I am not going to dismiss other religions...

Why do you keep asking and asking? ...Is your purpose is to agitate, aggravate, and disrupt....as seen in from the below.

So just pick one and go for it. Why Christianity though? What don't you like about all the others?

You have had this answered several times. You either lack the intelligence to remember what was posted several pages back, or you are being deliberately obtuse by not directly refuting it. Please, no one give him any hints. Let's see if he can, or will, figure it out and address it.

Your purpose is not to inform, because, according to you, there is nothing to be informed about. No, your purpose is to agitate, aggravate, and disrupt.

Christianity offers the threat of eternal hell if you don't believe in it, so there's that (courtesy of a loving god who arranged this set-up deal from the start). There's also the fixed list of immorals that go along with it - handy for judging other people against.

You have dismissed other religions. Food for thought.

I believe that the difference found in the Christian faith is that it is grounded on real historical person and eyewitness records about him.

Are you sober? I just said above "I am not going to dismiss other religions"....prove otherwise...

The Bible does teach that the wicked will be punished by fire—but not the mythical hell of men's imagination. God is a God of mercy and love. Those who willfully choose to reject His way of life, characterized by obedience to His law of love (Romans 13:10), will die, not suffer forever. They will be consumed by fire and forgotten. They will not be tortured for all eternity....and that is what I believe.

Last edited by Raspy; 10/27/22. Reason: spelling

Illegitimi non carborundum

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by IZH27
Now we witness a Bot debating a Sock Puppet.

Firstlight may be a sockpuppet, but I am no Bot. That is your way of dismissing what is being pointed out about the nature of faith;

"Faith is like a piece of blank paper whereon you may write as well one miracle as another." ~ Charles Blount (1654-1693)

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Firstlight
Originally Posted by DBT
Nobody is attacking the Christian faith.
Mauserand9mm attacked Christians on the first page of this thread in the 7 th post:

I don't think Catholics or Protestants always see each other as Christians either.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ority-religion-in-us-as-ear#Post17610692

The above proves you’re a low-life commie atheist liar.[/url]

Whining.

I said 99.9% are commies. I did not say "ALL" as you just lied and said I did.

More whining.....and 99.9% is a lie. Prove what you claim.

The above truth makes all atheists lying hypocrites, and 99.9% of atheists are commies wanting the government to take care of them, and they spend their lives attacking the inalienable rights Christians are born with.
Two lies back-to-back makes you a pathological lying commie atheist.

You are wrong, telling Porkies, and still whining.

Last edited by DBT; 10/27/22.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Bible is the number one selling book, and has been for decades. I don't ever recall something being that popular becoming a minority in anything.

The above is exactly why these lying commie atheists work so hard to spread their lies to destroy Christianity.

You seem like you have no idea.

You are using the argument from popularity fallacy.

The best-selling book of all time is the Christian Bible. It is impossible to know exactly how many copies have been printed in the roughly 1500 years since its contents were standardized, but research conducted by the British and Foreign Bible Society in 2021 suggests that the total number probably lies between 5 and 7 billion copies.

From guinnessworldrecords.....the study produced by the British and Foreign Bible Society (founded in 1804) calculated that 2,458,000,000 Bibles were printed between 1815 and 1975.

The 5–7 billion figure has been arrived at by adding the above-mentioned figures to annual estimates compiled by United Bible Societies (the global umbrella organization). In the 21st century, Bibles are printed at a rate of around 80 million per year.

It doesn't matter how popular a book is, how many people believe what it says about god and creation, the number of believers is not evidence for the truth of its claims.

Millions of Hindus believing in their own gods, for instance, doesn't establish their existence. The bible is a collection of books written and compiled by people expressing what they believed about the world and life.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DBT
Firstlight may be a sockpuppet, but I am no Bot. That is your way of dismissing what is being pointed out about the nature of faith;

No that is an intelligent individual giving you the benefit of the doubt because it’s hard to fathom that any real human is as fu.cking stupid as you and your sidekick girlfriend.

You know?….facts, evidence, proof, etc are what lead anyone with a double digit IQ to conclude that you’re either a bot or a retard.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Bots gonna bot
Socks gonna puppet
Narcissistic condescending pricks gonna….

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by DBT

No that is an intelligent individual giving you the benefit of the doubt because it’s hard to fathom that any real human is as fu.cking stupid as you and your sidekick girlfriend.

You know?….facts, evidence, proof, etc are what lead anyone with a double digit IQ to conclude that you’re either a bot or a retard.

Is that the best you can do? You know you can't refute what I said. You have no rational argument to offer. That's why you spew your hate and bile.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bots gonna bot
Socks gonna puppet

Look in the mirror.

Meanwhile:

"Faith," said St. Paul, "is the evidence of things not seen." We should elaborate this definition by adding that faith is the assertion of things for which there is not a particle of evidence and of things which are incredible." ~ E. Haldeman-Julius

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as a useful tool." - Seneca

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Bots gonna bot
Socks gonna puppet

Look in the mirror.

Meanwhile:

"Faith," said St. Paul, "is the evidence of things not seen." We should elaborate this definition by adding that faith is the assertion of things for which there is not a particle of evidence and of things which are incredible." ~ E. Haldeman-Julius

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as a useful tool." - Seneca

Originally Posted by DBT
"Faith," said St. Paul, "is the evidence of things not seen."

This is the only statement you quoted in which I believe is agreeable.....the rest, no.

"You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength." - Marcus Aurelius

Last edited by Raspy; 10/28/22. Reason: Spelling

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DBT
Bots gonna bot
Socks gonna puppet

Look in the mirror.

Meanwhile:

This post is an excellent example of what a complete douche bag you are. You deny our beliefs and our Bible and then you turn around and try to use THAT WHICH YOU DON’T BELIEVE, the words from a book that you call fiction as an argument AGAINST us. You are so disingenuous so dishonest and so disgustingly vile that it’s hard to imagine you going any lower in your pathetic arguments but each day you sink lower. You denigrate our Bible, you disrespect our God and you show your asses time and again yet you expect kindness in return? TFF.

You’d be in for a big surprise sweetheart, you’re expecting a turn the other cheek Christian and I’m more of a pound of flesh guy. If this was a real campfire….

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Bets are he was molested by a priest, molested by a youth pastor in one of the Charismatic cults that are prevalent in Oz or grew up in a hyper legalistic home with a father who was a son of a bitch.

Not many other options for this kind of anger for something that “doesn’t exist”.

assuming that this account isn’t a Bot or a puppet. No evidence to support that in either direction.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DBT
Bots gonna bot
Socks gonna puppet

Look in the mirror.

Meanwhile:

You’d be in for a big surprise sweetheart, you’re expecting a turn the other cheek Christian and I’m more of a pound of flesh guy. If this was a real campfire….

You're what they call a "keyboard warrior".

You seem to think that this is what you are projecting:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

...however this is how you come across...

Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

No, it was ever answered. Just faith in one with justification from a flawed Pascals wager. I never got a rational answer to why that particular god. Theists have difficulty answering simple questions about their faith but they bank their eternal afterlife on it - you'd think there would be a compelling argument, to convince themselves at least if not others.

Man we've discussed and discussed the theory, you know what a theory, any theory is, right? Again, I'll repeat...waaaaayyyyyyyyy back, I started to choose to believe in God the Bible, It was just that Pasqual’s fifty-fifty odds were just too great for me (no I do not gamble)...so I decided, that I will continue to pray, ask for forgiveness, and always do the right thing... But I never believed that it could stop there. I must become mature in my Christian faith and have definitive reasons for it that are based on reasonable evidence that would lead me to the possible, because as stated before, God can see what is truly in the heart.

I believe that the difference found in the Christian faith is that it is grounded on real historical person and eyewitness records about him. The other outstanding aspect of Christianity is that it provides a way to have a right relationship with God, forgiveness for wrongs we’ve done, and hope for the future. All of these good things are offered to us freely, when we trust that Jesus has paid for and achieved them for us. Most religions require us to work hard to get right with God. Christianity offers the gift of being right with God, and having a right relationship with God, because Jesus has done the hard work for us....I am not going to dismiss other religions...

Why do you keep asking and asking? ...Is your purpose is to agitate, aggravate, and disrupt....as seen in from the below.

Christianity offers the threat of eternal hell if you don't believe in it, so there's that (courtesy of a loving god who arranged this set-up deal from the start). There's also the fixed list of immorals that go along with it - handy for judging other people against.

Are you sober? I just said above "I am not going to dismiss other religions"....prove otherwise...

Glad to hear. If old religions are your thing then you may then want to consider Hinduism - it dates back 2000 years before Jesus was crapping in the manger. Crack open a Veda and get to it.

Or, next in line would be the ancient Egyptian religion. Osiris successfully managed to pull off the resurrection stunt millennia before Jesus did, except his body was sliced and diced and redistributed around Egypt but his wife managed to gather up all the pieces and reassemble him, AND THEN OSIRIS GOT HIS WIFE PREGNANT. How cool is that? What a trooper! I don’t think Jesus managed to get anyone pregnant even when he was alive.

Well?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
[quote=mauserand9mm]

Glad to hear. If old religions are your thing then you may then want to consider Hinduism - it dates back 2000 years before Jesus was crapping in the manger. Crack open a Veda and get to it.

Or, next in line would be the ancient Egyptian religion. Osiris successfully managed to pull off the resurrection stunt millennia before Jesus did, except his body was sliced and diced and redistributed around Egypt but his wife managed to gather up all the pieces and reassemble him, AND THEN OSIRIS GOT HIS WIFE PREGNANT. How cool is that? What a trooper! I don’t think Jesus managed to get anyone pregnant even when he was alive.

Thanks, but I'll stick to Christianity.....

Last edited by Raspy; 10/28/22. Reason: spelling

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Bots gonna bot
Socks gonna puppet

Look in the mirror.

Meanwhile:

Originally Posted by DBT
"Faith," said St. Paul, "is the evidence of things not seen."

This is the only statement you quoted in which I believe is agreeable.....the rest, no.

"You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength." - Marcus Aurelius

In which case you have not understood the significance of the remark that faith ''is the evidence of things not seen."

Which is precisely what the other quotes are saying, and the reason why faith is no way to sort fact from fiction.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Bots gonna bot
Socks gonna puppet

Look in the mirror.

Meanwhile:

This post is an excellent example of what a complete douche bag you are. You deny our beliefs and our Bible and then you turn around and try to use THAT WHICH YOU DON’T BELIEVE, the words from a book that you call fiction as an argument AGAINST us. You are so disingenuous so dishonest and so disgustingly vile that it’s hard to imagine you going any lower in your pathetic arguments but each day you sink lower. You denigrate our Bible, you disrespect our God and you show your asses time and again yet you expect kindness in return? TFF.

Jesus would be proud of you, Ace, an example of arrogance, conceited, obnoxious, intolerant, sanctimonious, a pretend christian trying to save his own arse, seeking to attain salvation, an eternity in heaven for being an obnoxious defender of the faith.

Incapable of reasonable argument, you fail every time.

Last edited by DBT; 10/28/22.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Bots gonna bot
Socks gonna puppet

Look in the mirror.

Meanwhile:

You're what they call a "keyboard warrior".

You seem to think that this is what you are projecting:

...however this is how you come across...

In other words, it has to be said, Ace is a C*ckhead. smile

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bets are he was molested by a priest, molested by a youth pastor in one of the Charismatic cults that are prevalent in Oz or grew up in a hyper legalistic home with a father who was a son of a bitch.

Not many other options for this kind of anger for something that “doesn’t exist”.

assuming that this account isn’t a Bot or a puppet. No evidence to support that in either direction.

The anger is on your side of the divide. Just look at Ace as an example of intolerance, vitriol and hate.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
[quote=There_Ya_Go]

Thanks, but I'll stick to Christianity.....

I'm confused. You said that the sheer time of the existence of Christianity gave it some credence, but Hinduism is much older, so should be more likely to be "the one", shouldn't it? Why the particular fancy for the new kid on the block flock of seagulls Jesus story? And Osiris sounds to be much more worthy of worship.

If you're not concerned about truth, why not believe in the better stories?

The premise of Christianity is kinda flawed:

Well?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DBT

The anger is on your side of the divide. Just look at Ace as an example of intolerance, vitriol and hate.

The “intolerance, vitriol and hate” is a response to your disruptive and disrespectful behavior and actions. If you act like a dipshit and are subsequently treated like a dipshit it’s a direct result of YOUR actions. Why is that so difficult for you two dumbfucks to understand?…..I mean really?….if you can’t grasp the very basic principles then you shouldn’t be debating or arguing anything. If you don’t want to be treated like a piece ofshit then don’t act like a piece ofshit…..it’s actually a very simple principle and one that I’d happily teach you should you ever have the misfortune of finding your pathetic ass at my campfire…..I’m sure that even a retard like you would quickly learn your lesson and find your manners….

You should have no expectation of being treated with respect when your every interaction here is one of complete disrespect. You’re pathetic…which we all knew….but you’re pathetically misinformed about human behavior. You’ll be treated in the same way that you treat others….if that upsets you then either quit being a dumbfuck or be prepared to be treated the way you treat us.

If only this were a real campfire……😉

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 68 of 81 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1minute, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,326 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,027
Posts18,500,540
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.