Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Muffin
OK....

To get the most money, maybe, consignment...

Be aware, it's a 'Transfer' onto his books.... if, for some reason they don't sell, or you want them back it's also a Transfer and background check back to you....
That varies by state.

I could be wrong, I'm often wrong, it's part of my charm BUT.....

If an FFL is selling I'm thinking it needs to be on his books, and he can't just hand it back to you if it doesn't work out.....

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Was just at one of my LGS (don't deal there because if their practices, was looking for donations for a benefit for one of their regular customers I work with..). Watched them buy a Bergera Rifle with scope (stock had adjustable cheek piece, not sure much else) AND a Remington 870 matte synthetic from a guy for $600.....

Another vote to list them here first. Costs you nothing, give it a week or so and you'll know of they are gonna sell, if not then you xan pursue other options.

Last edited by Chumleyhunts; 10/28/22.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
Was just at one of my LGS (don't deal there because if their practices, was looking for donations for a benefit for one of their regular customers I work with..). Watched them buy a Bergera Rifle with scope (stock had adjustable cheek piece, not sure much else) AND a Remington 870 matte synthetic from a guy for $600.....

Another vote to list them here first. Costs you nothing, give it a week or so and you'll know of they are gonna sell, if not then you xan pursue other options.
Which is again why to sell on consignment. The more you get for it the more that they get for it.

Absolute top dollar means knowing exactly what you have and putting them up for sale on niche sites. Rimfire Central ect, ect.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Consignment for me has almost always worked out. I pay 12% . The thief gunstore around the corner charges 30 % and doesn't even list the gun on broker.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
Sell them here in the classifieds and don't pay 20% commission or get 60% value at the LGS.
Or list on Gunbroker...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You take a big hit on Gunbroker. Lately, guns sell fast. Almost too fast to post here.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Both of my LGS's charge 10-15% to consign and it would be the way I would go if selling. Almost every firearm I have purchased over the past few years have been consignment ones. The seller sets the price and they are sold local so no shipping to deal with.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
consignment is fine but you'll lose up to 20% depending on who you use. I just sold several on consignment high end guns made quite a bit of money due to the prices rising so much. But if I sold them myself I would have made more of course, to busy right now selling my home and down sizing so consignment worked in my situation. Another thing to consider if your selling online is shipping its high have too take that into consideration also. Good Luck

Last edited by antlerfool; 10/29/22. Reason: grammer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of the benefits of a consignment sale is that you don't have to pay for shipping, you don't have the hassle of boxing/packaging and finding a shipper, you don't have to worry about lost or damaged shipments, you don't have to worry about a potentially jerk buyer and you don't have to worry about being ripped off.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd say it depends on how big of a hurry you are in, how much hassle you are willing do deal with and if you are looking to get top dollar or are willing to sell 'reasonably'. If your local shop will consign for $50/gun, then that is probably the quickest, easiest and safest.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
One of the benefits of a consignment sale is that you don't have to pay for shipping, you don't have the hassle of boxing/packaging and finding a shipper, you don't have to worry about lost or damaged shipments, you don't have to worry about a potentially jerk buyer and you don't have to worry about being ripped off.

This ^^^^^^ Our lgs get's a 20% commission and for that all you have do do is drop off the gun and do a little paperwork on the spot. For me, it's worth avoiding the hassle and headaches. For their commission, they're providing a secure, brick and mortar location that gets a lot of traffic from people interested in buying guns. Right now, over 40% of the inventory they have is consignment stuff.

Mathew 22: 37-39

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
You take a big hit on Gunbroker..
Not really.. Compared to consignment - it's cheap.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Redneck

Top dollar for most of the stuff that sells here is going to come from gunbroker. It’s the eBay of the gun world and it has the most eyes/most exposure.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by Redneck

Top dollar for most of the stuff that sells here is going to come from gunbroker. It’s the eBay of the gun world and it has the most eyes/most exposure.

Not sure what you mean by top dollar stuff that sells here coming from gunbroker?? Regardless, this site is good to sell on sometimes, but never expect to get top dollar out of your stuff here.. Sometimes your stuff sells for ridiculous prices on gunbroker, which more than makes up for anything you think you may have "lost", or "took a hit on", what every the f that means. I don't take a hit on any of my rifles... It's really not going to happen. Selling through consignment has it's pros though. Like someone else said, you don't have to worry about much when having a shop sell it for you. Here we don't get raked over the coals either. 10% to the shop and that is it. Unlike some of these other guys getting fd over with 20% to the seller. One thing that I don't like about gunbroker recently (last year or so) is they have been charging buyers taxes. The good ol IRS may be able to use that against you too, if you do not claim it on your taxes.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (14idaho, 6mmCreedmoor, 3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,453 guests, and 742 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.