-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Since this is a Savage forum, I'll stick with those and with peeps, easy 200 yards. That said, Bill Bagwell (aka Sharpsguy RIP) schooled me and with my 45-110 and standard barrel sights, I routinely hit the 500 yard ram. Would I shoot big game at that range? no way, not even with a scoped rifle.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Like ol Justin Wilson said about cooking with wine……

Cook with the wine U like……..

Practice,practice,practice.

Last edited by Angus1895; 10/27/22.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by mathman
Damn, who pissed in your beer? If anybody should be guilty of pedantry it should be the PhD in math, but you took the cake here.

If you read through the whole conversation you'll see the great assault on God's own right and proper definition of the six o'clock hold occurred well before I got involved. Barkoff seems a little green when it comes to this stuff, so I thought an illustration of the sight-in prior posters were describing could be useful. That was my agenda, no more, no less.

Not a little green, a lot green! 😂😂

I’ll re-read it all and process it, and be back if I’m still not sure. I’m 90% saltwater fisherman and 10% shooter/hunter. If anyone wants opinions on setting up a boat, I’m your guy!! 😂😂

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Baltimore Canyon, 30' Contender. No, Not a Thompson Center Contender!

Last edited by JoeMartin; 10/27/22.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Barkoff Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You had to shame me! 😡

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn, who pissed in your beer? If anybody should be guilty of pedantry it should be the PhD in math, but you took the cake here.

If you read through the whole conversation you'll see the great assault on God's own right and proper definition of the six o'clock hold occurred well before I got involved. Barkoff seems a little green when it comes to this stuff, so I thought an illustration of the sight-in prior posters were describing could be useful. That was my agenda, no more, no less.

I’ll re-read it all and process it, and be back if I’m still not sure. I’m 90% saltwater fisherman and 10% shooter/hunter. If anyone wants opinions on setting up a boat, I’m your guy!! 😂😂

is that a Grady white.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

IC B2

Barkoff Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by norm99

is that a Grady white.

norm

Parker 2320, thousands of them in CA.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

is that a Grady white.

norm

so a head and birth under what power and leg? good deep v hull what kind of seas will iy handel comfortably

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Barkoff Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

is that a Grady white.

norm

so a head and birth under what power and leg? good deep v hull what kind of seas will iy handel comfortably

250 HP Evinrude, 150 gal of fuel, I’m usually back in the harbor before the seas test what she can do. 😂😂. My days of pounding are over. Because the helm is forward, she can pound some of you push her in the slop. She’ll do 43 knots unloaded, but rarely do we get the opportunity to run over 25knots and with the price of fuel I might be running her on the 9.9 kicker motor! 😡

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
...250 HP Evinrude, 150 gal of fuel, I’m usually back in the harbor before the seas test what she can do. 😂😂. My days of pounding are over. Because the helm is forward, she can pound some of you push her in the slop. She’ll do 43 knots unloaded, but rarely do we get the opportunity to run over 25knots and with the price of fuel I might be running her on the 9.9 kicker motor! 😡

These are really nice boats.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You had to shame me! 😡
Not really. My friends boat and when he moved to Florida, he had the nerve to take it with him. My other fishing buddy has a 25’ Sea Cat he just repowered with twin 200 Suzuki’s. He said it moves now. Two of the guys in our club have Parker’s, one I think is a 28’. It’s slower than the Contender, but not a lot. We usually have our riggers up and spread out when the Parker gets there. We often fish 75-100 miles out. I think my favorite eating fish is Mako, but they scare me big time bringing on board. If I know they are a target I bring my 45 Colt.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
IC B3

Barkoff Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
You had to shame me! 😡
Not really. My friends boat and when he moved to Florida, he had the nerve to take it with him. My other fishing buddy has a 25’ Sea Cat he just repowered with twin 200 Suzuki’s. He said it moves now. Two of the guys in our club have Parker’s, one I think is a 28’. It’s slower than the Contender, but not a lot. We usually have our riggers up and spread out when the Parker gets there. We often fish 75-100 miles out. I think my favorite eating fish is Mako, but they scare me big time bringing on board. If I know they are a target I bring my 45 Colt.

Just make sure you shoot it before you bring it on board. 😉

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

352 members (10ring1, 160user, 10Glocks, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 30 invisible), 13,777 guests, and 1,041 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,110
Posts18,542,080
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.