Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
[quote=mauserand9mm][quote=WhiteTail48][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=WhiteTail48][quote=antlers]

Mauser, why are you SO interested in Christianity and what Christians believe? If you, indeed, are an atheist, why would you care if some of us love Jesus and accept Him as our Lord and Savior?

Why are you front and center in a thread, make that every thread, about Christianity? Are you being convicted to change your mind? Are you that evil? What drives you so rabidly to attack Christians for loving their God Jesus Christ? Why would an atheist care at all about what Christians believe? What is your agenda?

My reasons have been stated before. Your cloak of persecution allows you to remain ignorant and act stupid while spewing a cloud of wild assertions.

Possible reasons for Mauser to cling and answer almost every discussion regarding Christianity are the following...
1. Demonic inspiration...this is within the realm of possibility.
2. Paid atheist troll...George Soros is not only funding the Democratic/liberal parties worldwide but also funding atheists groups as hinted by Sky News.
3. Mauser and SBT may be actual buds and just hate anything religious, and have extreme Faith in the atheistic cult.

For Christians like me, Proof is the final verdict that removes all doubts, whereas evidence only leads one in the direction of a possible fact or statement and that is why I have faith in the evidence from scriptures of God the Bible.

More wild assertions.

Did you enjoy the old testament snippets that I sent you? You're that scared of death that you really want to worship that?

....I haven't seen your snippets yet....give me time.

I thought that you'd already read the bible - you already subscribed to their system.

Wake up...already, see way below...

Illegitimi non carborundum

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by IZH27
All atheists aren’t hostile. I have friends who are atheists. Good people and a joy to be around.

I’ve run into a few of these hostile types. I have found them to generally have a personal “history” with Christianity, something that causes trauma to the point that there is exaggerated mistrust that tends to convert into open hostility.

There is certainly no justification for the absurd amount of energy they consume and ends to which they go to rail against something that “Doesn’t Exist”.

Being slaughtered by Christians for not believing their faith may seem hostile. Enforcing Christian beliefs onto others may seem hostile. Asking questions and pointing out fallacies and logical errors and contradictions is doing the right thing but Christians call that hostile.

Infanticide, genocide, slavery etc appears to be acceptable to the Christians - it was good enough for God. Fun for the whole family.

In the 1860s the US had a civil war...bottom line the slaves were officially free citizens...what you say is true as was Christians being slaughtered too....no one here is forcing Christians belief on anyone...no harm in asking questions, but when you denigrate the Christian belief, then you are hostile....cannot you see that?

Just pointing out what millenia of history has taught us. You all good with the Christianity CV?

You all good with just about wiping out your Aussie indigenous people?

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
After 75 pages, are you guys any closer to convincing each other of anything? I’ll check back in a week or so to see if there’s been a breakthrough.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
[quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=DBT][quote=Raspy][quote=DBT][quote=IZH27]
The problem with you 2 is that you do not have an honest open inquiry and honest questioning..I respond with frustration toward you 2....How many times does one have to tell you that we do not have proof of the TRUTH, only that there is much EVIDENCE in God the Bible that strengthens our Faith in the HOPE for things PROMISED and UNSEEN.

The majority of the world don't share your faith though - deal with it.

Deal with it..

10. Cao Dai (4.4 Million Followers)
9. Muism/Sinism/Shingyo (10 Million Followers)
8. Daoism (12 Million Followers)
7. Judaism (14 Million Followers)
6. Sikhism (25 Million Followers)
5. Shintoism (104 Million Followers)
4. Buddhism (500 Million Followers)
3. Hinduism (1.1 Billion Followers)
2. Islam (1.8 Billion Followers)
1. Christianity (2.3 Billion Followers)

Surely there is a less vile religion than Christianity in that list - you checked any of the others out yet?
The snippets you pointed out are OT...and NT...

So what? You implying that the OT can be discounted? The "fall from grace" story is in the OT.

Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by ribka
I see the beta male male Australian pooosesies are quadruple vaxxing now

Follow the Aussie science lol

What a low IQ [bleep]. Now wonder you worship gun bans and totalitarian pedophiles

The new and improved Australia is quite the country now Lol

Hey, good to see you show up for a whinge. How's things going your way? Are you still angry with your girlfriend for getting double vaxed? Are you still on the "Chosen Ones" list?

I must have touched a raw nerve - you'll get over it, just sit down and have a good cry.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Truth hurts, yes?

No, and neither does emotional outbursts.

Well?
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
[quote=mauserand9mm][quote=WhiteTail48][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=WhiteTail48][quote=antlers]

Mauser, why are you SO interested in Christianity and what Christians believe? If you, indeed, are an atheist, why would you care if some of us love Jesus and accept Him as our Lord and Savior?

Why are you front and center in a thread, make that every thread, about Christianity? Are you being convicted to change your mind? Are you that evil? What drives you so rabidly to attack Christians for loving their God Jesus Christ? Why would an atheist care at all about what Christians believe? What is your agenda?

My reasons have been stated before. Your cloak of persecution allows you to remain ignorant and act stupid while spewing a cloud of wild assertions.

Possible reasons for Mauser to cling and answer almost every discussion regarding Christianity are the following...
2. Paid atheist troll...George Soros is not only funding the Democratic/liberal parties worldwide but also funding atheists groups as hinted by Sky News.
3. Mauser and SBT may be actual buds and just hate anything religious, and have extreme Faith in the atheistic cult.

For Christians like me, Proof is the final verdict that removes all doubts, whereas evidence only leads one in the direction of a possible fact or statement and that is why I have faith in the evidence from scriptures of God the Bible.

More wild assertions.

Did you enjoy the old testament snippets that I sent you? You're that scared of death that you really want to worship that?

I thought that you'd already read the bible - you already subscribed to their system.

You don't like the OT?

Well?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

What a low IQ [bleep]. Now wonder you worship gun bans and totalitarian pedophiles

Hey, good to see you show up for a whinge. How's things going your way? Are you still angry with your girlfriend for getting double vaxed? Are you still on the "Chosen Ones" list?

I must have touched a raw nerve - you'll get over it, just sit down and have a good cry.

Truth hurts, yes?

So quit doing it....

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

More wild assertions.

You don't like the OT?

The snippets you pointed out are OT...and NT...but you do not include the context....for example, the one you despise the most....

“Happy is the one who seizes your infants / and dashes them against the rocks.” To “imprecate” means to “pray evil against,” and the imprecatory prayers in the Bible strike people today as strange or wrong. It is important to understand the context of this verse and others like it. The background is the Jewish people calling upon God to exact revenge upon their military enemies.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
All atheists aren’t hostile. I have friends who are atheists. Good people and a joy to be around.

I’ve run into a few of these hostile types. I have found them to generally have a personal “history” with Christianity, something that causes trauma to the point that there is exaggerated mistrust that tends to convert into open hostility.

There is certainly no justification for the absurd amount of energy they consume and ends to which they go to rail against something that “Doesn’t Exist”.

Being slaughtered by Christians for not believing their faith may seem hostile. Enforcing Christian beliefs onto others may seem hostile. Asking questions and pointing out fallacies and logical errors and contradictions is doing the right thing but Christians call that hostile.

Infanticide, genocide, slavery etc appears to be acceptable to the Christians - it was good enough for God. Fun for the whole family.

In the 1860s the US had a civil war...bottom line the slaves were officially free citizens...what you say is true as was Christians being slaughtered too....no one here is forcing Christians belief on anyone...no harm in asking questions, but when you denigrate the Christian belief, then you are hostile....cannot you see that?

Just pointing out what millenia of history has taught us. You all good with the Christianity CV?

Of course not. Immoral acts have occured throughout history. I'm just saying that many have been "justifed" by faith - there's a plethora of historical information to back this up.

Well?
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WMR
After 75 pages, are you guys any closer to convincing each other of anything? I’ll check back in a week or so to see if there’s been a breakthrough.
75 pages of discussion. On a discussion forum. I learn quite a bit on these type of threads.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Truth hurts, yes?

So quit doing it....

Your reply was meant for Ribka. I'll pass it on, thanks.

Well?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Of course not. Immoral acts have occured throughout history. I'm just saying that many have been "justifed" by faith - there's a plethora of historical information to back this up.

No offense, but what is the going pay rate for Aussie atheist trolls?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

No idea.

Well?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Muffin
John said HE was GOD!
Well, at least maybe some of you are rethinking your position since Jesus never explicitly made that claim and that would have been a point he would have most assuredly emphasized. Messiah and King of the Jews does not equal God, the God to whom he constantly prayed to and constantly made reference to. How does one sit at the right hand of the Father and also be the Father?

It is a complicated process to make Jesus and God the same entity by using the bible as the source even if you use all the accepted canonized New Testament that we have today.

Thoughts of others:

Christ forgave sins, but only God can forgive sins (Mark 2:10). Moreover, these great powers He gave to His disciples to exercise in His name (John 20: 22-23); Mark 16:17; Matthew 28: 19-20).

There is no text in Messianic literature that shows the Messiah pardoning sins, yet Christ does so in His own name. His claims thus become explicit. Here are some examples:

"And entering into a boat, he passed over the water and came into his own city. And behold they brought to him one sick of the palsy lying in a bed. And Jesus, seeing their faith, said to the man sick of the palsy: Be of good heart, son, thy sins are forgiven thee. And behold some of the scribes said within themselves: He blasphemeth." (Matthew 9: 1-3).

(Would that not, by extension make Him God? -me)

Jesus refers to himself with the divine name—I am —in several places. This “I am” formula is a reference back to the Divine Name revealed to Moses in Ex. 3:14. Not only does Jesus refer to himself as “I am” four times in John’s Gospel (see John 8:24; 58; 13:19 and 18:5-6), but when he does so in John 8:58, the Jews to whom he was speaking understood his meaning because they immediately wanted to stone him for blasphemy!

Jesus places his word on the same level as the word of God—the Old Testament. “You have heard it said . . . but I say to you . . .” (see Matt. 5:21-28). This is in sharp contrast to the prophets of old who always made clear the word they were speaking was not their own: “The word of the Lord came unto me, saying . . . ” (cf. Jer. 1:11; Ezek. 1:3, etc.). Only God possesses this kind of authority.

Jesus is referred to as “equal” with God by both John and Paul. In John 5:18, the author comments on why the Jews wanted to kill Jesus: “Because he called God his Father, making himself equal with God.” Paul refers to Jesus when he was “in the form (Gk. morphe; in Greek usage this word means the set of characteristics that makes a thing what it is) of God” thinking “his equality with God” not something to be grasped onto, but emptying himself and becoming man (cf. Phil. 2:6-10). Paul assumes his readers already knew Jesus to be equal with God, the Father.

Jesus is referred to in the New Testament with the title Lord as it is uniquely applied to Yahweh in the Old Testament. Jesus calls himself “the Lord of the Sabbath” in Mark 2:28. The Sabbath is referred to as the “Sabbath of Yahweh” in the Old Testament (cf. Ex. 20:10; see also Is. 8:13, referred to in 1 Peter 3:15; and Joel 2:31-32, quoted both in Acts 2:20-21 and in Rom. 10:13).

Last edited by Teal; 10/31/22. Reason: Additions

Me

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

That's your only means of defense. Not that you should be defensive, yet you are.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The snippets you pointed out are OT...and NT...but you do not include the context....for example, the one you despise the most....

“Happy is the one who seizes your infants / and dashes them against the rocks.” To “imprecate” means to “pray evil against,” and the imprecatory prayers in the Bible strike people today as strange or wrong. It is important to understand the context of this verse and others like it. The background is the Jewish people calling upon God to exact revenge upon their military enemies.

Context doesn't alter what is said. When the bible tells us that God is responsible for the existence of evil, that is precisely what is meant and intended,

When the bible tells us that God creates evil and the evildoer for the day of evil, that is precisely what is meant and intended.

When the bible tells us that God as the 'Potter' creates vessels 'fitted for destruction,' that is precisely what is meant and intended.

Context does not alter what is written, meant and intended.

Context does not transform what is written, meant and intended into something more palatable for the believer. .

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
I would like to ask your opinion. Could a person who only had access to the Old Testament and the 4 gospels learn enough to achieve salvation? What if all he had was the OT and the book of Matthew? I'm not asking you to state with certainty if you don't know for certain. Just your opinion.
[quote=Hastings]I would like to ask your opinion. Could a person who only had access to the Old Testament and the 4 gospels learn enough to achieve salvation? What if all he had was the OT and the book of Matthew? I'm not asking you to state with certainty if you don't know for certain. Just your opinion.
Jesus’ earliest Gentile followers had no scripture at all. The old testament meant nothing to the Gentiles. And the New Testament documents hadn’t even been written yet. But the original version of Christianity wasn’t text-based, it was event-based ~ for both the earliest Gentile Christians and the earliest Jewish Christians.
Again, If I had no other source of information than the OT and the gospel of Matthew would I have enough information to achieve salvation? Say I didn't know anything about early Christianity or Paul or Luke or the Acts or anything else? Put me on an island and those writings delivered to me.

Last edited by Hastings; 10/31/22. Reason: spelling correction

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
At the very beginning of his Gospel, Luke said that “many” have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among them. What he’s about to tell us, he's not the first person to try to get this documentation of historical events out saint people. He says tgat “many” people have endeavored to draw up an account of the things that have literally happened or been fulfilled right here among them.

How many will undertake to draw up an account of our lives…? NOT many. That’s how many. Luke tells us that he, and “many” others, have endeavored to write this all down in such a way that people can understand and experience , through what's being written by them, what has actually happened right here among them all.

But not many people even undertook to draw up the accounts of the lives of famous people from ancient times, especially during the first century. Tiberius Caesar was Caesar during the life of Jesus. The emperor of the Roman Empire. But there’s hardly anything about him, especially from the first century. You gotta piece it together to come up with much information about him at all. Same can be said for Pilate, there's practically nothing. Josephus does give us a storyline of the life of Herod the Great. But other than Josephus, that's it. And Herod the Great did extraordinary things, but there's just one account. One, not “many.”

And how many detailed narrative accounts do we have of the lives of ancient peasants who were crucified as criminals…? And how many detailed narrative accounts do we have of the lives of famous first century rabbis…? That’d be NONE. Other than Jesus, who “many” endeavored to document His history, that’d be a big fat NONE. There is nothing that even comes close to what we find in just Luke's presentation of the life of Jesus.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I would like to ask your opinion. Could a person who only had access to the Old Testament and the 4 gospels learn enough to achieve salvation? What if all he had was the OT and the book of Matthew? I'm not asking you to state with certainty if you don't know for certain. Just your opinion.
Jesus’ earliest Gentile followers had no scripture at all. The old testament meant nothing to the Gentiles. And the New Testament documents hadn’t even been written yet. But the original version of Christianity wasn’t text-based, it was event-based ~ for both the earliest Gentile Christians and the earliest Jewish Christians.
Again, If I had no other source of information than the OT and the gospel of Matthew would I have enough information to achieve salvation? Say I didn't know anything about early Christianity or Paul or Luke or the Acts or anything else? Put me on an island and those writings delivered to me.
I think your propensity to twist and contort what was said, not only by Jesus Himself, but also by His handpicked Apostles…so that it jives with your own already decided upon theology…would enable ‘you’ to assert your salvation regardless of the fact that you twisted and contorted not only what Jesus Himself said, but also what His handpicked Apostles said.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Hastings makes a good point that goes unanswered - before Jesus came along was the default condition that people went to hell automatically when they died? Was this an oversight of god, and did he only realise when he was no longer recieving fresh imports into heaven? In fact it would've lasted for centuries AD while canonisation took place.

Another rather untidy loose end in the Christian story I'd say.

More homework for Raspy.

(Sorry Hastings, I took the liberty to expand with my thoughts onto your concerns.)

Well?
Page 75 of 81 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 55 invisible), 2,314 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,042
Posts18,500,794
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.