Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by irfubar
I would continue living my humble life.... go to work everyday... drive the same 12 yr old car... money wouldn't change me.... hahahhahahaha
Fuugg that..... GOA would get millions
Could I offer cash to anyone in Cali that would vote against Gavin in the next election he runs in?

A billion (or the remainder thereof) might go a long way.

You could be a right wing George Soro's I like it..... but are most of the tards in Calif. worth saving?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I would have Hannah Baron, stop by onc’t a week and wash my dishes, fry me some catfish and read me a bedtime story.

I am a simple man

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Beaver10
...the 1.2 billion dollar lottery?

Me, we’d set up monthly or annual payouts to most family members. BIL, whose good with cash can decide if he wants a lump sum, maybe 20 mill, or be on the payout plan.

Keep it simple by making it impossible for a family member to take out a loan against their payouts. Not gonna have Alyssa come to us in 3 years and say, “Unc, I’m outta money, my business tanked, can I get some more cash?”. 🖕🏾

Hire two good law firms to watch over each other’s handling of our winnings.

Friends get gifted stuff on a whim.

🦫

Bev,
After spending 20 years in the finance industry, I'd have a little different strategy about how I shared it.

1. Anyone who asked for money would get ZERO.

2. I'd limit gifts to 32k per person, per year, 64k max for couples to avoid the 50% gift tax.

3. If I wanted someone to receive more than that, they'd have to opportunity to interview for an employment opportunity, think about how Trump Family organization works. Of course they'd receive a great benefits package, think payed education, 150% 401k match, and no BS health care plan.

4. I'd facilitate some wealth transfers through trusts. As an example, I'd buy my parent property from them, probably through a trust that would grant them the right to use trust assets, such as their former property, and a CAT D6 or what ever other assets I wanted to put in the Trust, then hire him as a "caretaker" of the trust lands and pay him just under the cap for the Social Security phase out. So I could put over 100K a year in his hands, plus all the toys he could want to play with, with minimal tax implications and not be in a situation of paying inheritance tax if and when those assets revert back to me. Oh, and since he's now an employee, best health care in the world, and instead of paying gift taxes, I get a deduction.

Charity:
1. The Second Amendment Foundation.
2. I'd fund ballot issues designed to make liberal heads explode. I'd crowd source the idea's to The Fire. I'd confident you degenerates would come up with some good one's.

Passion Project:
Open the private school I'd want for my kids, K through Bachelors degree. It would the school most of you would chose for your kids, especially your sons, in other words, a real education without the B.S.

Property:
My main property would be not small and somewhere I could hunt deer, antelope, elk and prairie dogs all from the main house. I'd probably run a combination of Bison and cattle and exotics in what ever combination recommended by my ranch manager. I'd have another dozen to a score of properties scattered around the world optimized for three things, conducting business, killing shìt, and fücking hot women, think Trump meets Karamojo Bell, meets Andrew Tate.

The only change to my original post would be to hire Antelope Sniper.

I’d hate to be paying too much in taxes.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Not tell anybody until all provisions and contingencies were in place.

Let the day job know they can kiss both sides of my ass.
Let Mom and Dad know they're set for life - you'll see X amount deposited in your account each month, spend or save how you see fit.
Same for wife's folks.

BIL/SIL get a generous one time sum - not enough to be done working, but enough to get WAY ahead if they're smart about it.

Other family, close or distant "You should hear it from me, you get nothing for nothing. Don't make it weird for both of us by asking. If this upsets you speak up, you can be culled from the Christmas card list post haste if thats how you want it to be".

Friends would be having some fun weekends on me.

Buy a large parcel of land, build a modest (by billionaire standards) home - huge pole shed. Let the rest work for me and set it up in trust for my son and any future kids.

LIKE 🟢 BUTTON

“Don’t make it weird for both of us by asking”.....I think you meant ‘Begging’

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I would continue living my humble life.... go to work everyday... drive the same 12 yr old car... money wouldn't change me.... hahahhahahaha
Could I offer cash to anyone in Cali that would vote against Gavin in the next election he runs in?

You could be a right wing George Soro's I like it..... but are most of the tards in Calif. worth saving?
It's not the tards I'm trying to save. It's the State itself..

I figure if only we could get a few good Republican regimes in a row going, the exodus would change to one where the Red voters are staying and the Blues are leaving and moving to .............................

TX or OK. No strike that..............................maybe they move back to MI and OH.

That way it would take the heat off of us Cali members for being the bad guys.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Oh, I forgot.

I'd get the Beav a winch with a mile of cable so he didn't have to go get dinks he shoots a half mile away on the other side of the canyon. Like the rest of us, he's gettin' older every day.

Maybe instead, just anchor a giant buck in my yard every year.

Thanks in advance, G.

-Beav

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's not the tards I'm trying to save. It's the State itself..

I figure if only we could get a few good Republican regimes in a row going, the exodus would change to one where the Red voters are staying and the Blues are leaving and moving to .............................

TX or OK. No strike that..............................maybe they move back to MI and OH.

That way it would take the heat off of us Cali members for being the bad guys.

Gotcha... I like that plan and I bet Salmonela would help you....

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh, I forgot.

I'd get the Beav a winch with a mile of cable so he didn't have to go get dinks he shoots a half mile away on the other side of the canyon. Like the rest of us, he's gettin' older every day.

Maybe instead, just anchor a giant buck in my yard every year.

Thanks in advance, G.

-Beav
If I win, I will have my private helicopter spot one for you, come back and get you, and take you to where they have it tied up.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would have to buy a ticket to have a shot. Lots of good ideas in here though.

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Which lottery is it? I might have Mrs. Geno pick a ticket up on her next trip to campus.

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'd have a square mile(+) farm that my horse operation was based out of, a new truck and a new horse trailer to travel with.
Traveling the country and abroad doing endurance rides, exploring by horseback, fishing and hunting would be the life.

Kids and grands would be set up with trusts based on contingencies.

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
oh and buy me a new mattress, I think my current one still has bed bugs in it..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
oh and buy me a new mattress, I think my current one still has bed bugs in it..

#dumplifeishard

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
oh one more for me. Buy me one of those fancy exterior doors at Lowes to put on my trailer. Replace my current tarp one I have..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Me, we’d set up monthly or annual payouts to most family members. BIL, whose good with cash can decide if he wants a lump sum, maybe 20 mill, or be on the payout plan.

Keep it simple by making it impossible for a family member to take out a loan against their payouts. Not gonna have Alyssa come to us in 3 years and say, “Unc, I’m outta money, my business tanked, can I get some more cash?”. 🖕🏾

🦫

Bev,
After spending 20 years in the finance industry, I'd have a little different strategy about how I shared it.

2. I'd limit gifts to 32k per person, per year, 64k max for couples to avoid the 50% gift tax.

3. If I wanted someone to receive more than that, they'd have to opportunity to interview for an employment opportunity, think about how Trump Family organization works. Of course they'd receive a great benefits package, think payed education, 150% 401k match, and no BS health care plan.

4. I'd facilitate some wealth transfers through trusts. As an example, I'd buy my parent property from them, probably through a trust that would grant them the right to use trust assets, such as their former property, and a CAT D6 or what ever other assets I wanted to put in the Trust, then hire him as a "caretaker" of the trust lands and pay him just under the cap for the Social Security phase out. So I could put over 100K a year in his hands, plus all the toys he could want to play with, with minimal tax implications and not be in a situation of paying inheritance tax if and when those assets revert back to me. Oh, and since he's now an employee, best health care in the world, and instead of paying gift taxes, I get a deduction.

Charity:
2. I'd fund ballot issues designed to make liberal heads explode. I'd crowd source the idea's to The Fire. I'd confident you degenerates would come up with some good one's.

Passion Project:
Open the private school I'd want for my kids, K through Bachelors degree. It would the school most of you would chose for your kids, especially your sons, in other words, a real education without the B.S.

Property:
My main property would be not small and somewhere I could hunt deer, antelope, elk and prairie dogs all from the main house. I'd probably run a combination of Bison and cattle and exotics in what ever combination recommended by my ranch manager. I'd have another dozen to a score of properties scattered around the world optimized for three things, conducting business, killing shìt, and fücking hot women, think Trump meets Karamojo Bell, meets Andrew Tate.

🦫

Bev,
I'm sure we could work something out.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
First - call a pitbull lawyer to protect wife and I with all the legal stuff associated with winning such a sizeable sum.

Second - call a financial dude (or dudette) to set us up to have unfettered access to said sum and invest what is left to grow and grow.

Third thing to do (no need to call anyone on this) - TURN OFF THE DAMN PHONE !!! (Maybe go sat-phone?)

Fourth (a) - find a mountain to buy, build a compound on the top of it and a 12 ft hi-tension electric fence ALL the way around property.
(b) - inform close family and friends they will want for nothing (within reason) for a long, long time (or until they piss me off).
(c) - decide which worthy charities to gift monies to.

Hire ample armed security 24/7/365 for the compound for the duration.

Beyond that - "wing it" for the first couple years or so.

I've all the toys I need/want but my bride might want a few.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

🦫

Bev,

Charity:

Passion Project:

Property:

🦫

Bev,
I'm sure we could work something out.

Yeah if Beav wins.... I'm sure I could be of some use?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Geno67
Which lottery is it? I might have Mrs. Geno pick a ticket up on her next trip to campus.
Powerball I believe.

My wife is in charge of that kind of silliness.

I just reap the benefits if she wins...........................like the $2000 she won back in the 90's when we were starving students living in a trailer (slightly better than Nugget's) on the side of a hill in NorCal. She paid some bills than took us to the fancy ass Benbow in for a couple of nights! Mints on the pillow kind of place. A whole lot better than the Motel 6.

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing.

I need $44B to buy twitter.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd buy a big chunk of land and a munch of earth moving equipment. Loader, dozer, excavator, dump truck. I'd spend all day digging holes, moving dirt from one place to another and then moving it back when i feel like it.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

661 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 78 invisible), 3,628 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,635
Posts18,533,322
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.