Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes. Rotator Cuff. Cured me. It's been 7 years and no reoccurring problem.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If that's the problem, sometimes they can fix it. Never EVER let one crack your neck. One gave our daughter a stroke.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I used to think they were BS, until I injured my back lifting something heavy at 35 years old. I went in there bent over like a dog fugging a football and came out of there standing up straight and no agony.

I then injured my back again, he fixed me and then told me what my problem was. I have learned to lift keeping my elbows close to my body, easing the strain and leverage on my lower back. I have had to go to a different Chiro when I was working away from home, their technique was different, therefore not as effective imo.

My Son has a herniated disk that he has helped him with too.

I then had tendonitis in my arm that was so painful I couldn't lift a cup.....he fixed that too and told me how to fix it on my own next time. There was no next time for me as it never returned and that was 15 years ago.

It is more years of education to be a Chiro than a General Physician I believe.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
My wife and I use chiropractic treatments as needed to good effect. She will only see one who uses the Impulse Gun. I like that as well as some bone cracking.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I’ve been going to mine for 15 years about 2 times a year. I had severe lower back pain. My Drs answer was muscle relaxers and pain meds. My chiropractor xrayed me and figured out my one leg was quite a bit longer from a break years ago. A simple heal lift and an adjustment and I’m golden. I definitely believe you need to find the right chiropractor!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don’t know about healed, but I saw a good one a few times in H.S for a neck injury I got while playing football.

He had me pain free within a couple of visits. Something about a nerve was pinched. Our MD said take Tylenol.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One of my best friends is a chiropractor. He has adjusted me enough that I say "limp in leap out".
I've called him before with my back hurting so bad it hurt to breath. "meet me at the office" 10 mins after being there I'm as good as I can be.

I do believe as with everything there are good and bad.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Healed? Not in the traditional sense, but I've gotten relief from severe pains more than once. The worst was back in late winter where I was having so much lower back pain that I was concerned that my career as a tradesman was about to end.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Save your money and buy an inversion table. I hang upside down several 3x a week. Relieves most of my back pain.
You ever tried drinking a beer on one??
Use a straw.
Duh.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Right arm was numb, including two little fingers.

Chiro Dr. spent five minutes looking at me and said: "You have a herniated disc at C5-C6."

WTF????!!!! He scared the HELL out of me. Four months later, many $1000 at Idaho Spine Institute. X-rays and MRI. I have a herniated disc at C5- C6.

It took serious PT for four months to get the muscles relaxed and the inflammation reduced enough to live with the damaged disc. So far, I have put off surgery for four years.

Twice since that time, when the neck starts getting tensed up, and before the arm goes numb, the Chiropractor can nip it in the bud and get it relaxed. He also climbed upon my back and crushed a place between my shoulder blades which had been periodically pitching serious fits ever since I went over the handle bars of a 76 Honda XL 350 on a motocross course thirty five years earlier.

So yes, he healed the place between my shoulder blades, and he successfully treats my neck. The neck will not be healed until the vertebrae are surgically fused. I would like to put that off a while longer.

Mine is second generation, he and his dad were hillbillies and talked like it.

The Old Man used to look at you before he lowered the table. Just visual.
Then say, "Ya really got 'er fůcked up don't ya?
Bet it hurts like a son of a bïtch right in there?" As he touched where it hurt.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If it were not for Chiropractors, at 62 and after playing football as a middle linebacker for 15 years, I would be a complete mess most likely walking around in a bent-over position and in agony.

When I started seeing chiropractors back in the early 80's most people considered them "Voodo Witch Doctors" rather than the highly trained and educated Doctors that they actually are.

I can not recommend them higher, if you have back issues find yourself a great one, and you will be happy you did!

"The Old Man used to look at you before he lowered the table. Just visual.
Then say, "Ya really got 'er fůcked up don't ya?
Bet it hurts like a son of a bïtch right in there?" As he touched where it hurt."

Exactly Dillonbuck said above lol

Cheers~

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/01/22.

KB

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I was assaulted by one after a severe rib injury. He thought I needed an adjustment? Had I been able to breathe following my blood curdling groan, I suddenly felt the urge to punch him.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I went to one this evening. My lower back likes to lock up and spasm about 1x per year. It is quite uncomfortable. Usually 2 or 3 visits for an adjustment and the use of a TENS unit that stimulates the muscles in the area with electric pulses get me out of it in a few days.

When I was training for a marathon about 15 years ago my right leg would start to go numb once I ran more than 10-12 miles. I went to a chiropractor that worked some magic to relieve pressure on a nerve. After the initial treatment a 17 mile training run was doable w/ no issues. I went again the afternoon before the race and managed to finish with full feeling in that leg so I guess it was a success.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Had the one we use help with neck issues.

Bone spurs broke loose from a car wreck and i could not turn my neck very much.

It took about 4 visits to get things to line up and back to where they were off the nerves.

After the first few we both went once a month and she helped my wife's problem with her hip.

Cure can't say but have had lasting relief on the neck.

She is a nice gal too.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ring Dinger
Cash only

Last edited by Stammster; 11/01/22.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by CCCC
Very little treatment by chiros during my life, but the few visits were rewarding in that the doc got me straightened out quickly or flat told me that the problem needed to be dealt with by an MD. Never tried to put me on the "come back" schedule.

Otherwise, I know many, many chiropractors, some of them top folks in the profession. I can assure you that you need to choose the right ones - who were trained at schools that apply modern knowledge - and avoid most of those of who preach a "philosophy" and claim to cure all. Some of those I know well seem to have a much more comprehensive, effective and useful knowledge of the human body and its functions/problems than do most MDs.

CCCC, sounds like have the same kind of Chiropractor. For my last issue, before seeing an x-ray or Cat Scan sent me to the MD, and basically described the course of care I should expect and the pitfall to expect along the way. He wasn't far off.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I’ve taught my 7 year old daughter how to crack my back by jumping on it. I pay $5 per crack.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I had a good one for years. He kept me going for seven years before he couldn’t help anymore. He told me he’d done all he could and it was now time for surgery. I’ve been fine for almost 20 years after my second surgery. He also fixed my neck. Eventually I didn’t need him to crack my neck I could do it myself. I got out of the sort isle at UPS and my neck issue went away.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yep! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, you can't move bones.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10ring1, 160user, 1badf350, 16penny, 60 invisible), 2,177 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,026
Posts18,481,789
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.