Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by roundoak
Originally Posted by Kaleb
I can’t fathom hunting with a group of people who tell me I can’t use my suppressor. I do understand having rules everyone can agree on and apparently they agree and get along fine and it’s absolutely none of my business.

It is sorta comical trail cameras are allowed but a rifle accessory that lowers the sound level a little bit isn’t. Is a muzzle brake allowed? One device reduces recoil and sound while the other reduces recoil and increases sound.
I can’t fathom hunting with a group of people who tell me I can’t use my suppressor. I do understand having rules everyone can agree on and apparently they agree and get along fine and it’s absolutely none of my business.

It is sorta comical trail cameras are allowed but a rifle accessory that lowers the sound level a little bit isn’t. Is a muzzle brake allowed? One device reduces recoil and sound while the other reduces recoil and increases sound.

Majority rules, you are not welcome in our deer camp.

What a kuhnt!

Last edited by 117LBS; 11/01/22.

Hell...Reloading/Shooting are still my favorite things to do,besides play in the box the kids came in.................
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain

You’re a Fugkin idiot.
And you are a Dewey Dumphuck, Jackoff.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 117LBS

What a kuhnt!

And you are a Dewey Dumbphuck. All you can do is call people names. Growup.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Well I wasn’t trying to disrespect you or be rude. I’m sure I’m the one missing out but it doesn’t sound like a enjoyable group anyway. You’ve always seemed like a nice fella but I’m still not sure why you opened a thread titled suppressor?….and went on about how your group doesn’t allow them.
It is called an opinion.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 117LBS

What a kuhnt!

And you are a Dewey Dumbphuck. All you can do is call people names. Growup.
And you’re a kuhnt. Thanks for showing everyone.

Hell...Reloading/Shooting are still my favorite things to do,besides play in the box the kids came in.................
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Shame there are people, even in our own ranks that strive to infringe upon others rights.

If you don't drive a certain car. Or, your fence or garage door has to be a certain color. Or grass cut at just the right height.

Some people just enjoy being told what to do and how to do it.

History has far too many examples of those types. And those people suck.

And all of this just to belong to some club?

Bwhahahaha.

I wouldn't waste my time wiping the stray drop of piss off the toilet seat in a place like that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SKane
I'd wear an orange tutu and heels to hunt in his area if it were determined by the group. laugh

Now that would be a picture worth framing ! grin

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bought mine via e-forms on 2/12, certified on 3/14, received today: https://silencerco.com/silencers/harvester-evo

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by 257Bob
Bought mine via e-forms on 2/12, certified on 3/14, received today: https://silencerco.com/silencers/harvester-evo

Good deal. I’m sure glad you got yours and I hope that means I’ll have another one in the next week or so since it was done that same week.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RSherburne
I am thinking of adding a suppressor to a couple of my 308 rifles.
Couple 4 questions.

If I want to buy one suppressor and swap onto different rifles is there any real advantage to any of the various quick connects or is just screwing and unscrewing to swap an issue?

Does the extra length make any real difference in hunting from a stand?

Thanx
RAS

I have a Silencerco Omega with the QD mount and the Harvester with the direct mount.
The QD mount has 2 benefits in my opinion.
The QD adapter is mounted on your barrel with a thread locker ( Locktite or Rockset) and the QD adapter has a locking mechanism.
So the suppressor is not going to vibrate loose and end up causing a baffle strike.
Also, your not going to cross tread the QD mount screwing it on.

The fixed mount makes for a shorter overall mounting arrangement.
But you have to make sure the can stays tight and be careful when screwing it on.

These features may or may not be important to you.

I have NEVER heard someone who has shot a suppressed rifle say "I don't like that"

I have a 308 set up with 18" barrel and and a 6.5 CM with a 20" barrel.
The overall length with the can has not been a problem for me.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JPro
Seems rather short sighted to me. Same mentality 70 years ago would have said "None of those danged telescopic sights allowed. Buckhorns and beads only!".

A supersonic rifle round through a suppressor still sounds as loud or louder than a high-velocity .22lr. That's still fairly noticeable by the game animals, but it doesn't wreck the ears of the shooter, much like 117LBS is referring to above. I suppose I could maybe see a club being concerned about subsonics being used on game, but not supersonics.

Here is the rest of the story, many of the same guys that voted against suppressors, when not hunting in the deer camp setting they use them. There is lot to be said about maintaining a somewhat traditionalist deer camp. By the way, I voted for suppressors and "black" rifles.

As suppressors dramatically reduce the disruption to other game from a shot it would seem like those other guys would mandate suppressor in a hunting camp.

Keep working on them.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Just built a AR-15 in 6 ARC and was shooting at the range with my Hybrid-46. Those near me in the firing line were asking if I was firing subsonic ammo as it was really quiet. I was really surprised at the low sound level. Not actually subsonic level quiet, but was noticeably quieter that any of my other calibers suppressed.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,402 guests, and 1,395 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,164
Posts18,484,441
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.