Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
The only spinal issues I've had, were from years of working with big bore pipe. Refinery shutdowns, utility mains, etc.

The first problem was with sciatic nerve damage. An inversion table took care of this, after about 5 years of using it, as needed, the issue went away.

The next issue was with ribs, along my spinal column. In particular, under my right shoulder blade. Work, along with my love of shooting large caliber rifles, kept it aggravated. Chiropractors always did a great job of putting things back, in the right place. Only to have the same issue flare up, a week or 2 later.

Then, I found the chirp wheel system. I've been using this daily, for just over a month, and my back feels brand new. Flexibility is the best it's been in many years.

Again, the issues I've had were not from anything that created massive damage (car wreck, bull riding, etc). Just from hard work and getting older. If, you have to go to a chiropractor on an "as needed" basis, and it's for discomfort more so than therapy, you may find this really useful!

https://gochirp.com/products/chirp-...=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_term=

Andy3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
[quote=Pappy348]Example of one, but absolutely. Used to get a kink in my neck and upper back that would make it almost impossible to turn my head, very inconvenient and painful. Doctors gave me pills, and eventually it would go away, and return periodically. Dr. Custer worked his magic on me and I felt better after the first visit. One or two more and it was gone for years. Get occasional, mild incidents now, but nothing like before, and it’s probably been twenty years since he treated me. Can’t speak to other practitioners, but that guy knew his stuff.

They don’t repair damage, and a good one will send you to a physician for things out of their bailiwick, but if your trouble is caused by something out of place in your spinal column, they can put it back in place.[/Oscar.

This.

I had a very similar experience. Dr couldn't get me straightened out, just gave me muscle relaxers. I thought I'd try a chiro that was recommended to me. 2 visits and I was fixed up for a long time. I've had issues with my neck since but nothing compared to that first time.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes. Bad car wreck many years ago. Chiropractor helped me tremendously. Jeanne Bangston in St Pete, FL. Grateful for her help.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
When I still worked underground I hurt my back several times bruting around on things I shouldn’t have. A chiropractor that was close by helped me a great deal. I’d have bought that roller table at the time. I doubt they can help many injuries like a pinched nerve or ruptured disk. My case just muscles hurting thankfully.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Numbness in the arm is usually caused by cervical spine issues. You may want to get an MRI done. If it's just a herniated disk, you can probably avoid surgery. If it's something else then...

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I go to a chiropractor some. I would recommend it if you have back or neck pain. It works better than muscle relaxers a Doc gives you.
Last time I was home I had a shoulder blade hurting and pulling. Neck hurting on that side. 15 minutes with a chiropractor and I am fine now.
I used to think it was Witch Doctor stuff until I went to one

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes

How many chiropractors does it take to change a light bulb?

Just1, but it takes 6 visits...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I think they can be helpful for specific issues and it's important not to overuse them. The ones that claim to able to fix everything from VD to bad breath by cracking your back are quacks.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes I was healed by a chiropractor.
When I was in my mid 20's I was involved in a bad motorcycle accident. My shoulder and back were very messed up.
The VA wanted to operate. Everyone I talked to told me not to let them cut me before exhausting all of my options. A good friend gave me the number for his chiropractor. I went twice a week for about 8 months then once a week for six months then once a month for another year.
I'm 66 now and my back is still strong and pain free. My shoulder gives me trouble sometimes.
Everybody that I know that went under the knife is still F'ed up and on pain meds.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
"Healed" is the wrong word. "Adjusted" is better. I go when I've put something out of place - and they make it better.

It depends on the Chiro too, and their methodology. Some are of the "snap,crackle,pop" type ( and there are levels here too) - others are more gentle, with given exercises, blocking, etc.. Most have electrical muscle simulation available, which I like at times (in addition to the physical adjustment). Massage before or after the chiro work also helps.

Shop around for what works best for you. If your mis-placements have been out for a good long time, it will take repeats- and you may still have the thing popping back out to it's learned mis-position. My wife has that problem- sometimes before she even gets home.

I was recently "Rolphed" which is much more gentle than the Kelloggs treatment - and it did help a lot (threw my back out, in the Bush, lifting and twisting a heavy sill beam into place while laying on my back under a house). It relieved the pain considerably, got some of the misalignment back in, but not enough. A visit to a Kellogg 10 days later when I got back to town finished it up brown.

Sciatic nerve? I have one of those acting up on the left (clutch) leg. Not much can be done with them except time (a year or more perhaps) after the pinch is relieved. It just "loves" a long haul with my 6 speed standard in the Ram... And that was pinched or pulled 3 years ago, mis-stepping off a curb. It's mostly ok, now, except for much driving, and some other intensive uses ,like all day on a ladder, up and down, balancing.

Some things, tho, just require surgery, like my knee and rotator cuff injuries. Damn- that rotator cuff PT hurt!

Last edited by las; 11/02/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
They helped me several times in a more permanent way, and other times in a temporary way, where I was asked to do repeat visits, which I did twice and stopped.

Once I inadvertently used my head as a battering ram and rammed it into my car door frame, compressed C1 and C2 towards my skull giving me instant continuous bad headaches. After two treatments my headaches were gone for good. They also worked on my back several times after I lifted too much and too heavy stuff.

The chiro I go to, rarely, also gives you exercises to strengthen your muscles dealing with the problem.

I still absolutely hate spending my little free time going to MD’s (which I dont trust these days), or chiropractors.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Johns Manville was rough on a man.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,063
Posts18,482,462
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.